Options

Greenville Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer said:

My #2 selection won reserved seats for Greenville. Time to book my flight. Can't wait for this show - it'll be fantastic.

You hit Toronto too? I met you at the M+G thing in Missoula a few years back...took a pic of your Benny. Maybe I'll see you in Greenville @ the preparty
    Gorge
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628

kaw753 said:

100 Pacer said:

kaw753 said:

McJuicy said:

100 Pacer said:

mcrok said:

just a fyi..for those of you who plan on flying in from different states...if you can't find a flight into GSP or Asheville I recommend Charlotte over Atlanta. Much better traffic and drive time is less.

Unfortunately the flight times to Charlotte don't work for me, not to mention there's a stopover, so I opted for Atlanta. How bad is the traffic you mention ~12pm heading North to Greenville?
    if you were flying in on a weekday, atlanta traffic would be a minor concern at noon, but since you are flying in on a saturday, atlanta traffic should be of no concern at all
    I am flying in from Vegas to ATL and driving up. I work way too often in ATL and traffic is only a giant shit show on weekdays. I plan to be in Greenville in time to eat some BBQ before the show.
    Which bbq spots would you recommend?
    I will leave that to a local. I was just going to yelp it and go with the best ratings.
    Henrys smoke house
    I think Henry's the most popular hardcore BBQ place in area. Smoke on the water, downtown, is pretty good but more like a nicer restaurant----smoked prime rib is awesome. I will give you all a list later of some of favorite places to dine in Greenville shortly.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525

100 Pacer said:

My #2 selection won reserved seats for Greenville. Time to book my flight. Can't wait for this show - it'll be fantastic.

You hit Toronto too? I met you at the M+G thing in Missoula a few years back...took a pic of your Benny. Maybe I'll see you in Greenville @ the preparty
    Hey buddy. I do remember that. I didn't win #1 Toronto reserved but will still be at the show. I won't make the preparty in Greenville but we should meet up at some point there. I'm flying in and out literally.

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    100 Pacer said:

Congrats
  • Options
    GA, woo hoo!
  • Options
    Reserved here. Can't wait
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    Hey all! Won GA! Probably going to have extras if my brother scores too.
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Won reserved! My wife and I will be drivng 12 hours to this show!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    cmcardcmcard Posts: 81
    Won..GA. Got email about 10 minutes ago
  • Options
    moses562 said:

Congrats
  • Options
    Just got my email. Won Gville and Columbia for the first time ever I'll be only driving 5 minutes to a PJ show
  • Options
    So, this will be my first time to Greenville. Any certain hotel that we should book, or is just staying downtown good enough?
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    The wife and I will be there! We'll be coming from Atlanta. This will be our first PJ show!!! Can't wait!! Already booked the hotel too.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    MedozK said:

moses562 said:

Congrats
    Thank you. Now it's time to solidify the plans.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Won Gville and Raleigh
  • Options

mcrok said:

If you are into cycling, George Hincapie, has a hotel/resort north of Greenville in Travelers Rest (about 20 mins north going toward Asheville). Asheville has a lot of hotels including the Biltmore but is about 45-60 mins north of Greenville. Asheville is little more "crunchy" resembling parts of the NW by population of homeless. Nevertheless, it is a pretty cool place. Greenville more cosmopolitan/international and clean.

Really appreciate all these tips. I'm excited to visit a part of the country that I have never been to (outside of South Florida which I don't think is a representation of the true south). Since we are flying the red-eye and getting in really early, I think we'll head to Ashville for a few hours, have lunch and make our way to Greenville once we can actually check into our hotel on Friday. Restaurant and Bar/Brewery tips are also greatly appreciated!
    Hit Oskar blues in Brevard. It's right outside of pisgah national forrest which is my favorite place. Sierra Nevada is in Mills River also. You could probably skip Asheville there's really not a whole lot to it just really crowded
  • Options
    I live in Asheville. Try Green man, wicked weed, catawba, Asheville brewery all located on the South slope. If time make trip out to Sierra Nevada.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300

I live in Asheville. Try Green man, wicked weed, catawba, Asheville brewery all located on the South slope. If time make trip out to Sierra Nevada.

Sierra Nevada is outstanding beer, especially their Torpedo Double IPA
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    That's a great beer. I also like the freak of nature at wicked weed. I always want to call it the force of nature. lol
  • Options
    The wife and ill be carpooling with friends from ATL....STOKED!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Coming up from Canada, I know everyone is still celebrating or depressed from today's lottery but I didn't win and am looking for an extra ga ticket if anyone has one?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109

mcrok said:

If you are into cycling, George Hincapie, has a hotel/resort north of Greenville in Travelers Rest (about 20 mins north going toward Asheville). Asheville has a lot of hotels including the Biltmore but is about 45-60 mins north of Greenville. Asheville is little more "crunchy" resembling parts of the NW by population of homeless. Nevertheless, it is a pretty cool place. Greenville more cosmopolitan/international and clean.

Really appreciate all these tips. I'm excited to visit a part of the country that I have never been to (outside of South Florida which I don't think is a representation of the true south). Since we are flying the red-eye and getting in really early, I think we'll head to Ashville for a few hours, have lunch and make our way to Greenville once we can actually check into our hotel on Friday. Restaurant and Bar/Brewery tips are also greatly appreciated!
    Hit Oskar blues in Brevard. It's right outside of pisgah national forrest which is my favorite place. Sierra Nevada is in Mills River also. You could probably skip Asheville there's really not a whole lot to it just really crowded

mcrok said:

mcrok said:

That's nonsense. ;)

Actually te best beer places in Asheville (which is definitely a top 5 place for beer and te fact you can walk to many make sit close to #1) is:

1) wicked weed - hands down
    2) Funkatorium - 2nd WW location - if you like Spurs
    3) Burial - they have been killing it
    4) Greenman

A couple of other decent ones is One World (I think that's it's name) and hi-wire. Oh and for beer bars, Thirsty Monk (get the pint of bacon app).
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    MedozK said:

So, this will be my first time to Greenville. Any certain hotel that we should book, or is just staying downtown good enough?

I'd book something off main downtown it's a pretty cool street and falls park is awesome
  • Options
    Hey now! Won GA, so see you all there!!!!! Good luck to those still waiting

Booked my flight from Wisconsin to Asheville and will be meeting up with my two brothers who I don't get to see very often. Only issue is we are 1 GA ticket short. If by chance anybody has an extra GA i would gladly (and very thankfully) buy it off your hands.

• Options

mcrok said:

mcrok said:

mcrok said:

That's nonsense. ;)

Actually te best beer places in Asheville (which is definitely a top 5 place for beer and te fact you can walk to many make sit close to #1) is:

1) wicked weed - hands down
    2) Funkatorium - 2nd WW location - if you like Spurs
    3) Burial - they have been killing it
    4) Greenman

A couple of other decent ones is One World (I think that's it's name) and hi-wire. Oh and for beer bars, Thirsty Monk (get the pint of bacon app).
    Dude if someone was coming up here for a day you'd tell them to bail on pisgah for Asheville. Wicked Weed is awesome but if you're on a time crunch than that's a lot of time driving finding parking and dealing with drum circles
  • Options
    Wife and I both won Reserved. Family of three may have an extra one come April. We may also need to swap if the tax filing season doesn't cooperate. The plan is to see you all on 4/16.
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Won Greenville and MSG2 Reserved! Driving to SC from NJ.

Andrew
  • Options
    PJfanOKPJfanOK Oklahoma Posts: 118
    Got Greenville reserved and very excited to go to SC for the first time!
    4-3-03 OKC
    11-15-13 Dallas
    11-16-13 OKC
    10-3-14 St. Louis
    10-8-14 Tulsa
    10-9-14 Lincoln
    4-16-16 Greenville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    4-21-16 Columbia
    8-20-16 Wrigley 1
    8-18-18 Wrigley 1
    8-20-18 Wrigley 2
    9-16-22 Nashville
    9-18-22 St.Louis
    9-20-22 OKC
  • Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 64
    Won reserved... as for BBQ, there is a hole in wall place by Spartanburg, Pig Out. The ribs are amazing.
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016
  • Options

MedozK said:

I'd book something off main downtown it's a pretty cool street and falls park is awesome
    Ending up booking the Holiday Inn & Suites Downtown.