Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

You can make all the comments you want, but the world is changing.

All the freedoms you enjoy which were assured by brave soldiers who fought for it. Maybe on November 11th you will take a moment to remember that and salute those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in WWI, WWII and the Korean War among post others.

No, now that I think about it, you probably won't. You will not attend any of the ceremonies and stay home and praise all of the peacekeepers we deployed since 1970.

It really amazes me that people do not consider a G7 country one of the "big boys". That Canada does not play a significant role in the world. That our only role In International conflict is to come in and try to broker peace, no matter what atrocities are being committed.

This is such a tired old mantra. For the holiday maybe you should make a sandwich board and list all the enemies that came to Canada to steal your freedoms, and would have succeeded had the brave soldiers not fought to protect them. Don't forget to add the pinko commies, and thank the brave politicians who protected your freedoms.
    It must be frightening to have such old school ideology in a world where people question the status quo.
    Dude, with all due respect, it is frightening. If I have learned one thing at all from studying history is that it repeats itself and civilizations fall.
    It is a liberal mindset to allow whomever into Canada to do whatever they want. In some respects, this is true democracy.
    But even religious freedom must have a ceiling. When a religion's ultimate belief is death to all non-believers, I am frightened. When the media continually refers to Islam as a peaceful religion, I scoff. When discussions regarding the implementation of Sharia Law in parts of Canada take place, I fear for the next generation.
    If the tolerance is only on our side, we become pacifists. Pacifism is viewed as a weakness by those who do not agree with the North American ideology. The things you hold dear: sexual freedoms, women's equality, gay and lesbian rights, etc.

The irony is, the liberal left are doing everything they can to ensure the rights of the most conservative ideology of all and their right to institute those beliefs HERE.
    To think that everyone who comes to,Canada is here to enjoy the freedoms is foolish and naive. A true believer in Mohammad does not share your liberal views.

You can call me a fear monger, delusional, etc. (And I'm sure you will, I was told to go,suck a hockey puck in the Keystone XL thread for agreeing with Obama and saying we should keep,all the resources the US holds,so,dearly,here to ourselves) but I see problems with 15 years.
    If the government wasn't worried, don't you think they would just open the doors and let in 200.000 refugees or more? Isn't that the Liberal way? Everyone is welcome here? Everyone waiting at a gate is Slovenia should be airlifted to Canada.

You weren't speaking on the refugee issue, you were speaking on military involvement abroad.
    The refugee crisis is different and your points on it are more legitimate to my ears.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I believe there is no solving the problems in the middle east. We can only lead by example. Show the world peace and prosperity through tolerance, debate, and inclusion. but be strong when it comes to hard choices. I'm not willing to see our people involved in the lunacy that blankets that part of the world but we can't bury our heads in the snow either. For now I'm happy to be not involved in the bombing and also taking in refugees within reason.

Fuck it. Its pointless to even try and wrap your mind around this bullshit. Wake me up when ISIS has strategic weapons otherwise i got laundry to do!
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited October 2015
    I like seeing a few of you here squirm and whine when it's starting to finally dawn on you that you live in a left leaning country. The majority of Canadians are this way, the minority are conservative. You got lucky for 10 years. The last 10 years of our government were an anomaly due to our antiquated electoral system. Not at all representative of the majority of Canadians.

The majority of us are not afraid.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    TalonTedd said:

I believe there is no solving the problems in the middle east. We can only lead by example. Show the world peace and prosperity through tolerance, debate, and inclusion. but be strong when it comes to hard choices. I'm not willing to see our people involved in the lunacy that blankets that part of the world but we can't bury our heads in the snow either. For now I'm happy to be not involved in the bombing and also taking in refugees within reason.

Fuck it. Its pointless to even try and wrap your mind around this bullshit. Wake me up when ISIS has strategic weapons otherwise i got laundry to do!

That's where I'm at too, aside from the last couple sentences - I like to pay attention in any case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    dignin said:

I like seeing a few of you here squirm and whine when it's starting to finally dawn on you that you live in a left leaning country. The majority of Canadians are this way, the minority are conservative. You got lucky for 10 years. The last 10 years of our government were an anomaly due to our antiquated electoral system. Not at all representative of the majority of Canadians.

The majority of us are not afraid.

I also agree with this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2015
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

All the freedoms you enjoy which were assured by brave soldiers who fought for it. Maybe on November 11th you will take a moment to remember that and salute those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in WWI, WWII and the Korean War among post others.

No, now that I think about it, you probably won't. You will not attend any of the ceremonies and stay home and praise all of the peacekeepers we deployed since 1970.

It really amazes me that people do not consider a G7 country one of the "big boys". That Canada does not play a significant role in the world. That our only role In International conflict is to come in and try to broker peace, no matter what atrocities are being committed.

This is such a tired old mantra. For the holiday maybe you should make a sandwich board and list all the enemies that came to Canada to steal your freedoms, and would have succeeded had the brave soldiers not fought to protect them. Don't forget to add the pinko commies, and thank the brave politicians who protected your freedoms.
    It must be frightening to have such old school ideology in a world where people question the status quo.
    Dude, with all due respect, it is frightening. If I have learned one thing at all from studying history is that it repeats itself and civilizations fall.
    It is a liberal mindset to allow whomever into Canada to do whatever they want. In some respects, this is true democracy.
    But even religious freedom must have a ceiling. When a religion's ultimate belief is death to all non-believers, I am frightened. When the media continually refers to Islam as a peaceful religion, I scoff. When discussions regarding the implementation of Sharia Law in parts of Canada take place, I fear for the next generation.
    If the tolerance is only on our side, we become pacifists. Pacifism is viewed as a weakness by those who do not agree with the North American ideology. The things you hold dear: sexual freedoms, women's equality, gay and lesbian rights, etc.

The irony is, the liberal left are doing everything they can to ensure the rights of the most conservative ideology of all and their right to institute those beliefs HERE.
    To think that everyone who comes to,Canada is here to enjoy the freedoms is foolish and naive. A true believer in Mohammad does not share your liberal views.

You can call me a fear monger, delusional, etc. (And I'm sure you will, I was told to go,suck a hockey puck in the Keystone XL thread for agreeing with Obama and saying we should keep,all the resources the US holds,so,dearly,here to ourselves) but I see problems with 15 years.
    If the government wasn't worried, don't you think they would just open the doors and let in 200.000 refugees or more? Isn't that the Liberal way? Everyone is welcome here? Everyone waiting at a gate is Slovenia should be airlifted to Canada.

You weren't speaking on the refugee issue, you were speaking on military involvement abroad.
    The refugee crisis is different and your points on it are more legitimate to my ears.
    We should be involved in the military movement to destroy ISIS, because with them removed there is no refugee crisis.
    I am of the belief we should be a world leader (as we once were) in defending the free world.

The point missed is that ISIS wants to take us all back to the dark ages. The leftist elite would have us believe it is not a threat in Europe and North America. I am not racist and respect those who come to Canada to live in a free world. If you believe all Islamists move here for our ideologies your heads are buried in the sand. That religion is regressive.
    edited December 2015

• Man...

Sour grapes around here or what?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ^^^
    Sometimes fine wine is made from sour grapes.
  • ^^^
    Sometimes fine wine is made from sour grapes.

But really tough to take at the moment.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

We should be involved in the military movement to destroy ISIS, because with them removed there is no refugee crisis.
    I am of the belief we should be a world leader (as we once were) in defending the free world.

The point missed is that ISIS wants to take us all back to the dark ages. The leftist elite would have us believe it is not a threat in Europe and North America. I am not racist and respect those who come to Canada to live in a free world. If you believe all Islamists move here for our ideologies your heads are buried in the sand. That religion is regressive.
    With ISIS removed there is still a huge refugee crisis from the problems in Syria.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited December 2015
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

With ISIS removed there is still a huge refugee crisis from the problems in Syria.
    edited December 2015
  • Sour grapes? You bet. I and my spouse worked hard at our careers to have a spoiled, rich, I'll-prepared socialite with a mother (who looked and sounded like an alcoholic on the National the other night) who is acting like a media whore tell me I should "pay a little more".
    Combined with Notley's "common man" rhetoric we now work half the year to pay income talk alone.
    For what? Doubling the art budget? Giving the poor CBC another 150 million? We pay more so the government can plunge us further in to debt?
    Really, it seems fair.

Strive for the middle people. Make under 90,000 wnd you save 680 bucks a year. Covers your shitty Tim horton's double double every day.

With that being said, I am a pretty happy camper because in 4 hours I'll be in the air to Santiago to rock out :smiley:
    Hopefully I'll get to see PJ in Australia and NZ and Europe again before the Libs take 75% of what we earn. :lol:

Cheers!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

All major religions are regressive if taken at face value. Christianity, the favoured religion of the free world, included. Thing is, 99% of all those who follow any given ideology do not subscribe to the most extreme portions of their chosen faith. Muslims included. To suggest otherwise is ignorant.

GWB (the right wing elitist hero) wanted to bomb the mid east back to the stone age too.

And anyone who has to start a sentence with "I'm not racist, but...." always gives me a good laugh.

Intelligent people aren't fooled by fear mongering rhetoric and childish insults about someone else's twisted version of "success".
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambs said:

rgambs said:

All major religions are regressive if taken at face value. Christianity, the favoured religion of the free world, included. Thing is, 99% of all those who follow any given ideology do not subscribe to the most extreme portions of their chosen faith. Muslims included. To suggest otherwise is ignorant.

GWB (the right wing elitist hero) wanted to bomb the mid east back to the stone age too.

And anyone who has to start a sentence with "I'm not racist, but...." always gives me a good laugh.

Intelligent people aren't fooled by fear mongering rhetoric and childish insults about someone else's twisted version of "success".
    I choose to ignore comments that begin with "Intelligent people..." because what follows is hardly intelligent :smiley:

And yes, I did stop reading.
  • This redux thread doesn't feel like the previous one.
  • ^^^^^

:lol:
    It's totally different! No one is personally attacking anyone for having a opposing views :get_outta_here:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I choose to ignore comments that begin with "Intelligent people..." because what follows is hardly intelligent :smiley:

And yes, I did stop reading.
    of course you chose not to comment on any of what you supposedly read.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited November 2015

This redux thread doesn't feel like the previous one.

I think it's just a pre-election vs post-election thing mostly. Although I also feel like some regulars have been driven away, TBH.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2015
    Every time old hughie nit picks one of my comments I be like:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cO-QSAn--PI

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I believe there needs to be diverse representation in government caucus and cabinets but I think mandating a 50/50 split between women and men in cabinet is not in the interests of democracy and governance. We are not simply divided by our gender but by our experiences, values and knowledge that can be derived from aspects of our lives beyond whether we pee standing up or sitting down.

We should put the best people to handle a portfolio as cabinet ministers.
    Well, it's official. No more Harper!
  • Stephane Dion as foreign affairs?......
    oh boy
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    "Because it's 2015"
    edited December 2015
    <.
  • Lying to his kids via media
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-s-1st-day-as-pm-family-flag-and-father-1.3304860
    "That's Grandpapa Pierre," Trudeau told his children. "Today, he'll be thinking of us and we'll be thinking of him."
    :sick:
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Lying to his kids via media
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-s-1st-day-as-pm-family-flag-and-father-1.3304860
    "That's Grandpapa Pierre," Trudeau told his children. "Today, he'll be thinking of us and we'll be thinking of him."
    :sick:

hate politics
    why i dont vote..
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Hating politics doesn't change the fact you live in a world that is run by politics. Avoiding voting only makes the problems worse.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf