Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    ontheroad said:

I have a pair in VIP2 would love to swap for VIP3 (where my friends will be).

PMing
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    badbrains said:

I have this weird feeling that Beyoncé is closing the show. Idk why but I have this weird feeling.

I hope you are wrong, Nart

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    on2legs said:

My source tells me PJ will play last and the schedule has them playing 1:40 minutes. Pretty confident in this info.

I sure hope so. I read elsewhere that Sirius said they'd be broadcasting starting at 9:15... so that would mean only 45 minutes. Which is seriously bumming me out. :disappointed:
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    Hey everyone I posted this in a separate thread, but it's important to me so I'll post it here too...

My very best friend Spike Cutolo, and I are avid fans of PJ, and have been to numerous shows across the northeast. She was supposed to attend GC with me on Saturday, but she is suffering from lung issues related to her many hours of work as a first responder during 9/11 in NYC. After spending 3 weeks in ICU at Concord Hospital in New Hampshire, she is now recovering in the respiratory unit and a lengthy rehab will follow. I would like to know if it's possible for the band to make a small dedication to her during one of the songs as it would lift her spirits tremendously!!! Thank you so much for considering this request!

Thanks for reading!
    Stacey
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    PJ radio just announced the concert to be played at 9:15.
  • Options
    marcos said:

hopefully it is on a delay. not broadcast live... otherwise that is a bummer

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

marcos said:

hopefully it is on a delay. not broadcast live... otherwise that is a bummer
    It said live unfortunately.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    marcos said:

Please tell me it's not true. 45 min would suck.
  • Options
    whens the last time they played a 45 min set? opening for the RHCP in 92?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yeah I would doubt they play 45 mins but hey, if it it that, it will be a fun 45 minutes. This is our only shot to see them this year in the US and we get what we get. No point griping, I am sure that they would prefer to blow the shit out of Central Park and put on a classic.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Could be a delayed start in airing the set.
  • Options

Yeah I would doubt they play 45 mins but hey, if it it that, it will be a fun 45 minutes. This is our only shot to see them this year in the US and we get what we get. No point griping, I am sure that they would prefer to blow the shit out of Central Park and put on a classic.

right on, man.
    I will be there either way. hope to run into you at some point.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

right on, man.
    I hear you. But 4 posters, a 5 day pop up shop, and rumors of a 1:40 set all set my hopes very high. So hearing 45 min, naturally was a little disappointing
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I hear you. But 4 posters, a 5 day pop up shop, and rumors of a 1:40 set all set my hopes very high. So hearing 45 min, naturally was a little disappointing

^^

Hoping to see a lot of cool people at the pre-party on Friday...
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

lolobugg said:

right on, man.
    nicknyr15 said:

lolobugg said:

right on, man.
    Good point, 4 posters for a 45 minute show is weird. I just wish they were playing more as we all do, so am disappointed let down in that regard; but it is what it is.

• Options
    If anyone is able to proxy a Don Pendleton poster for me, I'd be happy to PP cost of poster, tube, and shipping. Would love to get this to put on the wall with my Brooklyns.

PM me if you can help.

Thank you.
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    The last GC's (Neil Young for ex) went until 11pm.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

lolobugg said:

right on, man.
    I missed the 4 poster part, where was that shared?
  • Options
    Never mind, front page!
  • Options
    1vs5 said:

That's good then but I thought it said 10pm somewhere.
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    The city's have a 11pm curfew it was the same for Mia in philly. 9:15 -11 they are the closer don't panic.
  • Options
    1vs5 said:

• Options

The city's have a 11pm curfew it was the same for Mia in philly. 9:15 -11 they are the closer don't panic.

Thanks, I was a bit panicked :)
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Global Citizen's website says the show will end at 10, which it has in the past. I don't remember the inaugural year (Neil) going til 11. Hopefully we still get our 1 hr 40 min set and that 9:15 start time is just delayed. Would definitely be a bummer if it was only 45 minutes but hey--free PJ. Hard to complain either way.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The only way Pearl jam could play a 14-15 song set in 45 mins if if they played nothing but fast songs:
    Go
    Breakerfall
    mym
    spin the black circle
    hail hail
    Fixer
    Wws
    Life wasted
    Comotose
    Severed hand
    Got some
    Gods dice
    Animal
    Last exit
    Closer: Yellow leadbetter

Most sets from headliners are 14-15 songs at GCF. No way a show likes this happens this has Zero hits. Pearl jam is not going on national TV and not playing hits. And for you guys to think for a second his preaching ass isint talking for 10+ mins you guys are crazy! That's my case for a 2 hour show. Just like Mia that show was dope.
  • Options
    Its an event!! looking forward to enjoying the entire experience. And yes one of the faithful since 1991 but never been to a festival, so super excited. And let's hope they are right about the weather.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    Yeah everything I've read says that Central Park has a hard curfew for concerts of 10PM.

Even if PJ didn't care and would be willing to pay the fine, if that's even possible, GC probably wouldn't want the bad blood between them and the city/park officials. I can only assume GC has plans to do another concert next year, so they wouldn't want to do anything to cause problems down the road.

That being said I hope you guys are right. Somehow. But I'm having a hard time putting stock in the idea.
  • Options
    The event starts at 4 and ends at 10. so six hours of speeches and music. With Coldplay saying they will play a few songs (30 min?), ed sheeran, Beyonce and PJ get longer sets. Saw Common and Tori Kelly were just added. Here's an idea:

Coldplay 4-430
    Host/speech 430-440
    Common 440-510
    Host speech 510-520
    Tori Kelly 520-550
    Host speech 550-600
    Ed Sheeran 600-6:50
    Host Speech 650-700
    Beyonce 700-8:10
    Host Speech 8:10-8:20
    PJ 8:20-10p (with Bono for RITFW)
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    Where's "ontwolegs" to help calm
    Us All down about the set time!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    edited September 2015
    I do remember out of all the Globals Neil def played the longest closer. He damn near played 2 hours...Maybe after that year they HAD to end at 10...Union...park peeps whateven may have complained about going over time.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!