Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    fugawzi said:

Saltzy23 said:

Guys, it is a 6-7 hour long 'Festival', with many different acts that were selected to cross over to many tastes, not a Pearl Jam only show. I am certainly hoping for as long as a set as I can get tonight, and PJ is like 90%-95% of the reason I am going, but some people here seem to think this is just for us. I know no one is gonna do this, but here's a wacky idea. Go out early this afternoon, have a few beers and a nice lunch. Head over to the biggest concert event taking place on the fucking planet today in the middle of the best city in the world on what looks like it's gonna be a gorgeous day(maybe even prior to 6PM or 7PM), sneak some of your drugs of choice in, then listen to music, talk to some people, chill the hell out a little bit...... THEN, get to see Pearl Jam play for however long they play for to end a wonderful, eventful day. Me thinks this is a better way to approach the upcoming hours then freaking out over 30 minutes of a 7 hour festival.

Just a thought.

Maybe try taking your own advice. Just a thought.
    Dude. Stop.

For one, stop acting like you know me.

I had no issues with the 1st 7 hours of the message. I understand the point of the show.

Hearing the richest people in the world take 15 minutes to LITERALLY talk about how great they are, capped off with a line about even though they make this much they are so generous to volunteer their time to hang out with celebrites and hang out back stage was nauseating. Period.

Time for sleep now. Nighty night.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Saltzy23 said:

fugawzi said:

Saltzy23 said:

Guys, it is a 6-7 hour long 'Festival', with many different acts that were selected to cross over to many tastes, not a Pearl Jam only show. I am certainly hoping for as long as a set as I can get tonight, and PJ is like 90%-95% of the reason I am going, but some people here seem to think this is just for us. I know no one is gonna do this, but here's a wacky idea. Go out early this afternoon, have a few beers and a nice lunch. Head over to the biggest concert event taking place on the fucking planet today in the middle of the best city in the world on what looks like it's gonna be a gorgeous day(maybe even prior to 6PM or 7PM), sneak some of your drugs of choice in, then listen to music, talk to some people, chill the hell out a little bit...... THEN, get to see Pearl Jam play for however long they play for to end a wonderful, eventful day. Me thinks this is a better way to approach the upcoming hours then freaking out over 30 minutes of a 7 hour festival.

Just a thought.

Maybe try taking your own advice. Just a thought.
    Dude. Stop.

For one, stop acting like you know me.

I had no issues with the 1st 7 hours of the message. I understand the point of the show.

Hearing the richest people in the world take 15 minutes to LITERALLY talk about how great they are, capped off with a line about even though they make this much they are so generous to volunteer their time to hang out with celebrites and hang out back stage was nauseating. Period.

Time for sleep now. Nighty night.
    I don't mean to get in the middle of this because a) I think you both make some good points and b) in the morning when everybody is cooled out you'll both be like, "oh, sorry about last night dude", LOL.

BUT I have to say I'm glad I missed those 15 minutes. I'm not even sure who all these guys are you're talking about although I think I did some familiar faces in the final song so... yeah, I can live without that. I'm glad some rich people are doing some good things but the self-congratulatory back-slapping should be for the after show party or something. I doubt Nelson Mandela ever carried on that way.

And PJ was good. Not their best but a good effort. I thought a couple of the guys looked a bit stressed, maybe a little tired. It's hard work.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    To the people making the comments here about how disgusting and pompous the line about the CEO's making $10,000 a second was...that was 100% a great Stephen Colbert one-liner and his comedy just went completely over your head. The joke's on you and you should be ashamed. He was making a joke about the exact issue you have with these business guys being there and I thought it was the funniest line of the night. If he hadn't said that line I was in your same camp about having to be force fed 15 more minutes of the same stuff I listened to (without any issue by the way) but that one liner was Colbert's way of making fund of the obviously ridiculous situation. He has a handful of other one liners that were absolute gems and probably went once your shallow heads as well. I suggest you DVR his show or check out some clips on YouTube (for those of you non ceo's without cable!). You might actually gain a little sense of humor.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Colbert took a few jabs at the presenters throughout the day.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904

To the people making the comments here about how disgusting and pompous the line about the CEO's making $10,000 a second was...that was 100% a great Stephen Colbert one-liner and his comedy just went completely over your head. The joke's on you and you should be ashamed. He was making a joke about the exact issue you have with these business guys being there and I thought it was the funniest line of the night. If he hadn't said that line I was in your same camp about having to be force fed 15 more minutes of the same stuff I listened to (without any issue by the way) but that one liner was Colbert's way of making fund of the obviously ridiculous situation. He has a handful of other one liners that were absolute gems and probably went once your shallow heads as well. I suggest you DVR his show or check out some clips on YouTube (for those of you non ceo's without cable!). You might actually gain a little sense of humor.

Everyone around me laughed their asses off to that one liner. Funny shit. I think he said "$20,000 a second". Lol
    But yeah, waaaaaay to many speakers after Beyoncé. People were losing their patience because it was the same message over and over again.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I'm s
    Saltzy23 said:

fugawzi said:

Since when are MYM, evolution and RITFW girly songs? Sounds like bitterness about not being there.

Today was fun, I just got back to my hotel and had a great time glad I made the trip. Yes it was half of a regular show but I knew that going in. Worst part was hearing the assholes booing the speakers who were on right before PJ because they couldn't just be patient, fucking babies. I guess some people couldn't understand this show was about more than just PJ. Most fans I meet are great people but some are just douchebags who I have nothing else in common with.

Anyhow, I'm happier than ever that this band still tours still draws big crowds and presents themselves the way they do. Can't wait for the next show.

Dude, booing like 10 of the richest people in the world sucking each other's cocks as to how great they are, and how much they care about the little people when collectively they are worth like $100B, and are in charge of some of the greediest corporations on the planet, at the expense of hearing my favorite band play? Not to mention, this after hearing the message repeatedly for 6 hours from 100 people already? You're damn right I booed. That shit was ridiculous.
    I'm so happy I'm not the only one who felt that way.... Well said salty.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Everyone around me laughed their asses off to that one liner. Funny shit. I think he said "$20,000 a second". Lol
    But yeah, waaaaaay to many speakers after Beyoncé. People were losing their patience because it was the same message over and over again.
    Aaaaaaand they posted everywhere that PJ was gonna go on at 9. Every other act took the stage at the exact time they were scheduled to, including Queen B, except for PJ. I had been wondering the whole day why it was posted they would take the stage at 9, but PJ Radio didn't start until 9:15. If they had just been honest and said 9:15 I wouldn't have cared. I had zero issues with anything they did from 8:30-9. I actually thought a lot of it was very well done.

Anyway, if the money thing was a joke that went over my head than I'm an idiot, but I'm obviously not the only one that felt that everything between 9 and 9:15 was just ridiculous and unnecessary.
  • Options
    fugawzi said:

The only ridiculous shit was hearing you WHINERS booing people who are there for a good cause because you feel so entitled. You're not entitled to shit and by the way you knew what you were getting into and you've known for months. It was embarrassing and I'm glad I wasn't a part of that cry baby bullshit. How are they greedy when they are there to raise awareness to end poverty? Their wealth has nothing to do with anything except your jealousy. Billionaires alone can't solve the issues at hand. Things don't get solved by throwing money at them, progress is only made when people as a whole act and participate. Did you forget this show featured more acts than just your favorite band? I didn't call anyone a dick but if the shoe fits....dude.

Wait wait, what am I doing ? I'm arguing with someone who comes on here and brags about sneaking into a section they didn't even pay for. Talk about greed. Like I said, entitled douchebags that i have nothing else in common with.

"Poverty is general scarcity or dearth, or the state of one who lacks a certain amount of material possessions or money."

That was definition I looked up....I guess I just don't get it.... Do as I say, not as I do?...... I'm not saying the people on stage don't do good things, but I was overwhelmed with the hypocrisy. If they believed, if they really believed in the message, give it away, give your billions away,... Shit, even keep 10 million each there fellas, that's plenty....the word money was in the definition of poverty....the problem isn't solved with awareness, it's solved with money, other people's money as I need my billions. Salty said what I felt at the show, I know I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    Saltzy23 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Aaaaaaand they posted everywhere that PJ was gonna go on at 9. Every other act took the stage at the exact time they were scheduled to, including Queen B, except for PJ. I had been wondering the whole day why it was posted they would take the stage at 9, but PJ Radio didn't start until 9:15. If they had just been honest and said 9:15 I wouldn't have cared. I had zero issues with anything they did from 8:30-9. I actually thought a lot of it was very well done.

Anyway, if the money thing was a joke that went over my head than I'm an idiot, but I'm obviously not the only one that felt that everything between 9 and 9:15 was just ridiculous and unnecessary.
    everything between 9 and 9:15 was terrible. After the five girls from around the world talked (and a freaking nobel peace prize winner!!! so cool) that should have been it. bono could have introduced pearl jam and away we go.....the stupid let's put our hands on a red button together and light up the world was so unnecessary.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Stop fighting. Pearl Jam played in Central Park. We got to see it, whether in person, delayed live steam (lol) or I'm sure the full show is on YouTube somewhere. The band sounded great and Redemption Song was the cherry on top. So happy
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

Saltzy23 said:

mcgruff10 said:

everything between 9 and 9:15 was terrible. After the five girls from around the world talked (and a freaking nobel peace prize winner!!! so cool) that should have been it. bono could have introduced pearl jam and away we go.....the stupid let's put our hands on a red button together and light up the world was so unnecessary.
    'Let's go the Action Center and see how many new actions we're up to Hugh!'

'This is historic! Absolutely historic! We are now up to 9,468,482 actions! This is totally necessary and important to making the world a better place! Now, time to hear the most powerful men on the planet talk about how much they care about you! Yes, YOU!'

Yeah, I'm a dick for booing that.

I'm not fighting BTW, just expressing my thoughts and explaining why a lot of people were booing during those 15 minutes.

Again, yesterday was one of the single greatest days of my life.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I gotta say....Yesterday was hard! I have been to all 4 Globals and this one was just tough all around. First it took from 12-3 to get in. Security was so lax they didn't even move a thing in my bag so I was wondering really,,,,,what took so long? They let a lot more people into the pens and made them move up so everyone was so close together. We had MUCH more room in the past. We got our normal spot and once settled it was ok. The merch and food lines died down pretty fast once everyone got in and made the stops over there. I was thrilled they let us bring food in. That was money right there. I don't know who would play for me to go back there again! I liked Ed Sheeran (surprisingly more than I thought I would) and after 15 minutes of Beyonce I was done with that (thought I would've liked her more). There were so many people around us and we had some teenage boys with us so all the talking kind of was washed out. As expected lots of people bailed after Beyonce and even when they let more people in from the pen behind us it was still pretty wide open were we were. I wish PJ played longer but I understood going in that anything over 45 minutes was a gift. The things i do to see this band.....Here's hoping next year brings us some shows in the U.S.!

And...I think I saw Dankind up on the screen during PJ...yes?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    fugawzi said:

The only ridiculous shit was hearing you WHINERS booing people who are there for a good cause because you feel so entitled. You're not entitled to shit and by the way you knew what you were getting into and you've known for months. It was embarrassing and I'm glad I wasn't a part of that cry baby bullshit. How are they greedy when they are there to raise awareness to end poverty? Their wealth has nothing to do with anything except your jealousy. Billionaires alone can't solve the issues at hand. Things don't get solved by throwing money at them, progress is only made when people as a whole act and participate. Did you forget this show featured more acts than just your favorite band? I didn't call anyone a dick but if the shoe fits....dude.

Wait wait, what am I doing ? I'm arguing with someone who comes on here and brags about sneaking into a section they didn't even pay for. Talk about greed. Like I said, entitled douchebags that i have nothing else in common with.

Let me try to articulate these feelings to you. Booing doesn't help and is indeed childish. Having said that, it simply is ridiculous that the backstage folks (CEOs, artists, celebrities), with an accumulated net worth that - probably - by far exceeds the accumulated net worth of the audience, are asking the audience for favors! They are part of the problem, i.e. unbalanced distribution of wealth: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Global_Distribution_of_Wealth_v3.jpg

A selection (Out of self preservation I'll exclude PJ members;-)
    http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celebrity-business/tech-billionaire/richard-branson-net-worth/
    http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celebrity-business/tech-billionaire/bill-gates-net-worth/
    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/beyonce-net-worth/
    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/bono-net-worth/

5 + 76.5 + 0.45 + 0.7 = $82.65 billion
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2015
    Suziemay said:

Stop fighting. Pearl Jam played in Central Park. We got to see it, whether in person, delayed live steam (lol) or I'm sure the full show is on YouTube somewhere. The band sounded great and Redemption Song was the cherry on top. So happy

Su May, I give up. It could've been a great night, but I let the bastards grind me down.

My section actually booed Malala. Malala! One lady tried to drown them out by yelling "thank you" during Malala's pauses, but then she was told to STFU. No biggie to Malala; she's been through a lot worse. But still awful.

Oh, and also there was the teenage girl who walked back after Beyoncé to regroup with her parents. At first, I thought she was crying tears of joy after seeing her favorite performer, but then I overheard her tell her mom, "They were so mean! They kept shouting 'fuck Beyoncé! Eddie Vedder!' at me." I'm pretty sure she wasn't allowed to say "fuck" in front of her folks, so, in addition to her tears, that's how upset she was due to the words and actions of classless Pearl Jam fans.

And the CEOs weren't so much patting each other on the back as much as informing the crowd about the actions that their corporations were taking toward achieving the Global Goals and eradicating extreme poverty by 2030 and what their customers could do to help. I'm skeptical of some of these actions and the corporate-arm foundations that back them, but hearing an explanation of the measurable differences that are being made in populations of extreme poverty certainly has me opening my mind a bit and looking into them more.

And these suits aren't empty; they're actually doing something -- bigger than we (or most of us) can do -- toward achieving the Global Goals and eradicating extreme poverty by 2030. They should be applauded for that, not booed. They could do jackshit like most of the other corporations out there, but they see the global economic importance of tackling these issues and are acting to address them.

Anyway, if I weren't so upset by the belligerent bastards who surrounded me, my highlights would've been "Given to Fly" (for Malala) and "Redemption Song" with Bey (and Mandela). But, like I said, I let the bastards grind me down.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    dankind said:

Suziemay said:

Su May, I give up. It could've been a great night, but I let the bastards grind me down.

My section actually booed Malala. Malala! One lady tried to drown them out by yelling "thank you" during Malala's pauses, but then she was told to STFU. No biggie to Malala; she's been through a lot worse. But still awful.

Oh, and also there was the teenage girl who walked back after Beyoncé to regroup with her parents. At first, I thought she was crying tears of joy after seeing her favorite performer, but then I overheard her tell her mom, "They were so mean! They kept shouting 'fuck Beyoncé! Eddie Vedder!' at me." I'm pretty sure she wasn't allowed to say "fuck" in front of her folks, so, in addition to her tears, that's how upset she was due to the words and actions of classless Pearl Jam fans.

And the CEOs weren't so much patting each other on the back as much as informing the crowd about the actions that their corporations were taking toward achieving the Global Goals and eradicating extreme poverty by 2030 and what their customers could do to help. I'm skeptical of some of these actions and the corporate-arm foundations that back them, but hearing an explanation of the measurable differences that are being made in populations of extreme poverty certainly has me opening my mind a bit and looking into them more.

And these suits aren't empty; they're actually doing something -- bigger than we (or most of us) can do -- toward achieving the Global Goals and eradicating extreme poverty by 2030. They should be applauded for that, not booed. They could do jackshit like most of the other corporations out there, but they see the global economic importance of tackling these issues and are acting to address them.

Anyway, if I weren't so upset by the belligerent bastards who surrounded me, my highlights would've been "Given to Fly" (for Malala) and "Redemption Song" with Bey (and Mandela). But, like I said, I let the bastards grind me down.
    :( so sorry Daniel. That would have gotten me down too. I'm not against negative reviews but there are some petty complaints going on. Yours isn't one of them. I was fortunate to be around some cool Beyoncé fans. We were all respectful of each others' passions and rocked out to everything. Actually there was a douchebag Pearl Jam fan who decided he was entitled to just stroll up to the front of VIP2 around 3PM.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,807
    I had a great time. Awesome night in vip2. Our section rocked. PJ were on fire and I hope they tour the states next spring.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Had a great time with the webcast. My wife isnt the biggest PJ fan but knew how excited i was so she picked up chips/dip and baked cookies LOL
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Had a great time with the webcast. My wife isnt the biggest PJ fan but knew how excited i was so she picked up chips/dip and baked cookies LOL

#keeper
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Suziemay said:

As I sat home watching the Web cast, I couldn't believe people were booing the speakers. Pretty damned embarrassing.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

dankind said:

Suziemay said:

As I sat home watching the Web cast, I couldn't believe people were booing the speakers. Pretty damned embarrassing.
    Jesus F'ing Christ. Read the last few pages.

The booing (at least where I was) started at 9 when PJ was scheduled to go on, but instead were preempted by the richest people on the planet talking about income inequality (HAHAHAHA), and updates from the motherfucking 'Action Center' to hear Hugh Jackman give updates on how many new actions had been completed. Again this is after SEVEN HOURS of hearing the same message being delivered from many, many people already. How many times can people be expected to hear that they need to be Global Citizens before they say, 'OK, I get it already. Can I please hear PJ play now?'

Anyone near where I was that booed or screamed for PJ from 8:30-9 was told to pipe down. After 9 however, it was totally valid and justified, and that is when I joined in as well.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Also, VIP 1 was let out earlier than everyone else. They had their own private fucking exit, while VIP 2 and 3 were herded like cattle for a good 15-20 minutes while they cleared out to the right of us. This at a festival dedicated to how we are all one people, and we need to be good to each other. The entire goddamn event was basically one humongous caste system with the people paying the most getting priority access and exit, food, and bathrooms, while the peons had to wait 3 hours to get in and fend for themselves the whole time.

I apologize if I see a LOT of this event as hypocritical horse poopy.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    Saltzy23 said:

dankind said:

Suziemay said:

Jesus F'ing Christ. Read the last few pages.

The booing (at least where I was) started at 9 when PJ was scheduled to go on, but instead were preempted by the richest people on the planet talking about income inequality (HAHAHAHA), and updates from the motherfucking 'Action Center' to hear Hugh Jackman give updates on how many new actions had been completed. Again this is after SEVEN HOURS of hearing the same message being delivered from many, many people already. How many times can people be expected to hear that they need to be Global Citizens before they say, 'OK, I get it already. Can I please hear PJ play now?'

Anyone near where I was that booed or screamed for PJ from 8:30-9 was told to pipe down. After 9 however, it was totally valid and justified, and that is when I joined in as well.
    I think a lot of ppl agree with u but just aren't posting, if you look back in the forum from 9 to 930 a lot if ppl were flipping out here. I was rolling my eyes as to how ridiculous the billionaires were being. I think a few boos were called for.

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,449
    The booing was embarrassing. I get that people were thinking that every minute one of these guys talks is one minute less Pearl Jam plays, but it was not our fan base's finest moment.

I loved the show. It was a long time to wait for the band but totally worth it. Very happy I had a chance to see them play Central Park. The rest of the acts were entertaining, although Beyoncé's act got stale after 20 minutes or so.

Also... Mike totally killed it on guitar!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    Thanks dankind thanks speedy and every other reasonable poster here. I'm not saying i wasn't getting anxious for PJ to come on. I'm not saying that the message wasn't redundant after about 5 hours. But because I'm an adult who knew what he was getting into I just sat there patiently and waited for PJ to come on without embarrassing myself by booing like a retard.

Anyone who was tired of the same message after hours and hours CHOSE to sit there and listen, myself included. You could have waited until let's say 8 to get there and you would have heard less than an hour of the speakers. Again we all knew this wasn't gonna be just a PJ show. I had heard PJ was coming on at 915 which they did but even if you expected them at 9 you only waited an extra 15 minutes. Waaaahhh.

Last thing I'm gonna say on this. There are some philanthropists that actually do give money away like Warren Buffet and even Bill Gates who was there and got booed last night of course. That doesn't solve the issue and neither does simple awareness. As I said before it will take people as a whole to eradicate poverty by taking action, getting involved, demanding policy changes, VOTING and on and on. I'm not the most articulate when it comes to this issue but the video with the quote from Mandela that was played during Ed and Beyoncé's duet on Redmeption Song pretty much nailed it and nowhere did it say billionaires should just give their money away. Here are some quotes from it:

"Overcoming poverty is NOT A TASK OF CHARITY, it is an act of justice. Like Slavery and Apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the ACTIONS OF HUMAN BEINGS. Sometimes it falls on a generation to be great. You can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom."

That's just a piece of it but it sums it up well.

West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Honest question... So when your Evening with Pearl Jam ticket says 8:00pm and they dont take stage until 8:27, do you boo?? That seems to be one half of the complaint here - that they didnt go on at the very strike of 9 - right? 9:15 instead of 9, big freakin deal!!! I've waited longer than that to go thru the line at Chipotle.
  • Options
    I almost cried wile Malala was speaking. She is AMAZING and IMO Highly Respected. US in the pen right behind VIP 3 were cheering for her...loudly! Everyone around us was anyway.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,748

Honest question... So when your Evening with Pearl Jam ticket says 8:00pm and they dont take stage until 8:27, do you boo?? That seems to be one half of the complaint here - that they didnt go on at the very strike of 9 - right? 9:15 instead of 9, big freakin deal!!! I've waited longer than that to go thru the line at Chipotle.

Good thing these people didn't see Guns-N-Roses back in the day.

I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    This is probably why they never released a Festival Schedule....I never saw an official Global Citizen Festival Schedule.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    reading the last two pages, man, some people had a bad hangover, hard to read what I have read...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Not sure why you would have anyone speak after The First Lady and Malala... let alone a bunch of white ceo's aND billionaires... I thought that was in poor taste and very poorly planned

And then to take as long as they did, with pushing that stupid red button and literally acting as if that was actually making a difference and saving lives??? lol, I thought it was pretty bad

Anyone booing Malala is a fucking moron... out of all the world leaders and billionaires, that girl was the only speaker that mattered in my opinion... that girl is a hero... it's no surprise our boy EV recognized that and gave her a shout