Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    nycrats said:

Saltzy23 said:

Guys, it is a 6-7 hour long 'Festival', with many different acts that were selected to cross over to many tastes, not a Pearl Jam only show. I am certainly hoping for as long as a set as I can get tonight, and PJ is like 90%-95% of the reason I am going, but some people here seem to think this is just for us. I know no one is gonna do this, but here's a wacky idea. Go out early this afternoon, have a few beers and a nice lunch. Head over to the biggest concert event taking place on the fucking planet today in the middle of the best city in the world on what looks like it's gonna be a gorgeous day(maybe even prior to 6PM or 7PM), sneak some of your drugs of choice in, then listen to music, talk to some people, chill the hell out a little bit...... THEN, get to see Pearl Jam play for however long they play for to end a wonderful, eventful day. Me thinks this is a better way to approach the upcoming hours then freaking out over 30 minutes of a 7 hour festival.

Just a thought.

And another thought is that we all on this forum committed to block this day off to see PJ, touted as "the headliner", a while ago but have zero interest in the other acts, let alone getting lectured for half hour clips on how bad we all are (while no booze is served) and be blackmailed into listening to vague generalities about how we can make the world a better place in order to hear a little music. I'm sure Ed will tell us enough during PJ's set, and most of us don't want to listen to the finance minister of Moldova and the ceo of ConocoPhillips blather on when we could all be somewhere actually enjoying a few beverages. The whole elitist setup of only VIP 1 and the celebrities can drink (all the want at an open bar) is kind of bullshit. Your advice to sneak in drugs to deal with it may work, but have you read about security for this event? It will be very thorough, so you may wanna re think that. The First Lady will be there and no policeman wants to be the guy that missed something so assume everything on you will be found. They have been deliberately misleading with set times as a way to trick people in to showing up earlier than they have to in order for it to look all shiny and special on the TV sets at home.

Just a(nother) thought.
    They cannot check the interior of your wallet. I have yet to get nabbed in my life packing up a smelly proof bag and cramming it into my wallet in my life.

The only thing I am slightly concerned about is my PAX vaporizer, but, (and believe me I have done a lot of research on the topic), I am 99% sure it wont be an issue it as it is not considered 'paraphernalia'. Legally, it's basically a pack of cigarettes. I've gotten it into every event I've gone to with it so far without a blip, including NFL games which have really strict security guidelines. I mean, you can't even take any bags into Giants games unless they are see through, period. I live about 40 minutes away, so my plan is to just get there early and if they don't let me in, run home, drop it off and come back. Worst case I miss Coldplay. I also might just see if I can get a bag check in one of the hotels right outside the park l to hold it for me for like $10 until the show is over and I can grab it on the way out.

Again, though, I'll be really shocked if it's an issue for me.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Under 5 hours to go. Watch the live stream over @ youtube.com/watch?v=YAPukIWbYU0 .
  • Options
    I should have bought on stubhub three days ago before I left for NY! If prices drop a bit, I'll be happy to pay $250/VIPticket for one or two tickets. I can maybe do $300 per. Please pm me if you are willing to sell extras.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I'll be offline for about the next ninety min, tops, but will be back to check to see if I catch a break, thanks.
  • Options
    Can west GA ticket holders enter the east gate?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Set times posted at the pop up shop. 9:00 to 10:15.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931

8:22-10:02 sounded way better
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    i have no idea what time my bf and i are going to head in. :lol: we have vip2.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    I'm just gonna try to get there around 3pm or so, VIP2. My gf wants to see Malalalala and we have no idea when she'll be speaking.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

Some people had it at 45 minutes, some people had an hour 45. All things considered, an hour and fifteen sounds good to me. Plus, I'll bet they play a few minutes past that. Hard to complain about.... but people still will.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Saltzy23 said:

Some people had it at 45 minutes, some people had an hour 45. All things considered, an hour and fifteen sounds good to me. Plus, I'll bet they play a few minutes past that. Hard to complain about.... but people still will.
    75 minutes has always been the safest bet. Pretty sure that is what Neil Young got back in 2012. I almost made a "Vegas sets the over/under at 75 minutes" joke yesterday and look what happens. It's a push and the house wins again!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Hope everybody has a blast today! Looking forward to watching it on DVR tonight.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Photo taken by Greg outside the Volcom Store.

Will tune in early on SiriusXM if they start it at 9pm instead of 9:15pm.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    gorgeous day and cant wait to get to NYC baby!
  • Options
    Test
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I usually never check the boards on game day (day of the show) but after seeing all these posts I already know it's gonna be great; not only because of PJ, but because of the great great fans energy already evidenced. I was a bit of a down on this show because of varied & unknown logistics but am now pumped!
  • Options
    Enmity GaugedEnmity Gauged Posts: 233
    edited September 2015
    Anyone know what PJ merch will be available?
    8/25/98 Pittsburgh
    9/5/00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh
    9/26/15 Global Citizen Festival - New York
    4/28/16 Philadelphia
    4/7/17 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    9/2/18 Boston 1
    9/5/18 Boston 2
    9/6/22 Hamilton
    9/8/22 Toronto
    9/11/22 New York
    9/5/23 Chicago
    9/7/23 Chicago
    9/18/23 Austin
    9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    For anyone worried about security I asked someone who just went through and they said
    its tight and secret service are part of it. Checked twice but focus is on bags and electronics.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829

I'm sitting on a bus right now next to a 20-ish girl who is cute as can be. She said she worships Beyonce, and this is her first big trip to NY alone, and to see a show like this. I think it's great. I'd rather hang out with her all day than a grumpy Pearl Jam fan pissin about the festival logistics.

Just another thought.

Outstanding. Well said.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    So psyched! In the front pen stones side!!!! YES!!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    I'm heading to the park shortly to see if I can find a ticket. Anyone with an extra VIP please get me on my cell--920-228-3493. I can pay $300 (or face value and my undying gratitude, if you prefer, ha ha).

Ben
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200

Anyone know what PJ merch will be available?

Only PJ merch I saw here is the black lightning bolt shirt they were selling at Volcom.
  • Options
    Kinda hoping Coldplay play their new single today and then announce the new album on Monday.
  • Options
  • Options
    Anyone gone into the VIP area yet? Curious about the wait.
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    My television has it on MSNBC until 10pm. Do you think Pearl Jam will get cut off?
  • Options
    I'm prolly an idiot for asking but half drunk and having a hard time figuring this out... Do they sell beer in VIP2? If not, any recommended bars near the 81st st entrance?
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,506
    gdbear71 said:

I'm prolly an idiot for asking but half drunk and having a hard time figuring this out... Do they sell beer in VIP2? If not, any recommended bars near the 81st st entrance?

No
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    FrankY59 said:

My television has it on MSNBC until 10pm. Do you think Pearl Jam will get cut off?

Pearl Jam's set starts @ 9pm. Show is done @ 10:15pm. Would be great if they don't cut PJ's set on TV.
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    I'm going to switch to YouTube if MSNBC cuts PJ off at 10:00.
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again