Trophy Hunting

Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
edited September 2018 in A Moving Train
Bear hunting season in BC.

All the psychos are getting their high powered rifles so they can go shoot some bears.

The following link contains horrific video footage of some real fumbling asshole yokels shooting a grizzly 9 times because they're so shitty at killing things. It'll make your blood boil and it's graphic (don't click on it if you're sensitive):

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/graphic-grizzly-hunt-footage-released-by-b-c-animal-rights-group-1.2555877
"My brain's a good brain!"
Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    All the more reason to bus an AK47 and an AR14. Gotta kill those bears.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Shit like this is somber.

To revel in taking life of an innocent - and really, what else is it? - disgustingly sick.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    That was really cruel....that animal to me had a look of.....what are they doing to me. That's in the last video that shows the entire shooting....very disgusting.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    g, I scrolled past the video but based on your comment (and Thirty's warning), glad I didn't watch and only read the article.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Can't watch. Realize we need animal population control but......

Just wish the odds were more fair so we added some human population control as well.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callen said:

Just wish the odds were more fair so we added some human population control as well.

Finally we agree! DP works.
  • I was just about to post that I wish it was those two guys rolling down the mountain to their deaths instead.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Hmmm. Thread reminds me of that scene in the film Ghost Dog where Forrest Whitaker's character comes across two red necks who have just killed a bear. I won't post it here due to violent content. You can Google "Ghost Dog Bear Scene" or, better yet, if you're a Jim Jarmusch fan just watch the movie. One of my top 10 favorites.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    g under p said:

That was really cruel....that animal to me had a look of.....what are they doing to me. That's in the last video that shows the entire shooting....very disgusting.

Peace

this is enough for me to know i don't want to watch it.

i hate people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I watched the video and honestly what do you think happens when people hunt anything? Is this uncommon? This is no different that a deer hunter taking 3 shots to make the kill. Just the bear is a lot slower. This doesn't surprise me. And just like the guy said "our government sanctions that."
    The more I read about this the more pissed off I get so here it is with this warning, violent scene at link (but you've all seen worse, I'm sure).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFMY4jJ6SVE
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• I watched the video and honestly what do you think happens when people hunt anything? Is this uncommon? This is no different that a deer hunter taking 3 shots to make the kill. Just the bear is a lot slower. This doesn't surprise me. And just like the guy said "our government sanctions that."

This is the reality.

The problem I have with it is that a deer feeds people. A grizzly bear doesn't.

callen said:

Drats, you got me. HA.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG

I watched the video and honestly what do you think happens when people hunt anything? Is this uncommon? This is no different that a deer hunter taking 3 shots to make the kill. Just the bear is a lot slower. This doesn't surprise me. And just like the guy said "our government sanctions that."

True and realize I am a hypocrite as I eat meat. Maybe why I won't watch?
    The thing is, though, is that deer are overpopulated (in some areas considered a "pest") due the reduced number of animals that are their predators (basically just us and a few remaining wildcats) but most N.A. bear species still can use more protection, especially habitat protection. If we keep killing them we'll see more on the endangered list. I don't imagine most of us want that.

• brianlux said:

The thing is, though, is that deer are overpopulated (in some areas considered a "pest") due the reduced number of animals that are their predators (basically just us and a few remaining wildcats) but most N.A. bear species still can use more protection, especially habitat protection. If we keep killing them we'll see more on the endangered list. I don't imagine most of us want that.

Grizzly bears are on the decline. I'm not sure about black bears- they're all over the place around here. I know of one individual who processes the bears he shoots- it's not the greatest meat to eat, but he does it. I've never heard of anyone eating grizzly bear. It's probably done... I just don't know anyone who has done it. Grizzlies are trophies and stories.

Don't flame me for saying it... but the idiots in the video were highly unskilled, amateur, blood thirsty fools (insults... and fair onres). These are the exact people we do not want hunting, but are going to hunt anyways: we have no way of establishing who's appropriate and who isn't.

brianlux said:

Grizzly bears are on the decline. I'm not sure about black bears- they're all over the place around here. I know of one individual who processes the bears he shoots- it's not the greatest meat to eat, but he does it. I've never heard of anyone eating grizzly bear. It's probably done... I just don't know anyone who has done it. Grizzlies are trophies and stories.

Don't flame me for saying it... but the idiots in the video were highly unskilled, amateur, blood thirsty fools (insults... and fair onres). These are the exact people we do not want hunting, but are going to hunt anyways: we have no way of establishing who's appropriate and who isn't.
    I read somewhere that Black bears are doing fine. Bottom line for me is that with human encroachment on wildlife habitat and with our enormous population we have no business killing any wildlife. I know I'll get endless arguments from hunters and they have their legal rights so I can never win that kind of argument. It's just how I feel.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    That's the thing. "Overpopulation" really just means that people are feeling inconvenienced by the animals upon whose land they encroached, and it's people who refuse to figure out ways to cohabitate with animals (or to spend the money on properly and humanely relocating the animals). I don't approve of culls at all. I feel like it's usually the same people who both approve of culls, and also ream people out for feeding wildlife because it interferes with nature. That makes no sense.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I read somewhere that Black bears are doing fine. Bottom line for me is that with human encroachment on wildlife habitat and with our enormous population we have no business killing any wildlife. I know I'll get endless arguments from hunters and they have their legal rights so I can never win that kind of argument. It's just how I feel.
    Yeah I feel the same

And I couldn't watch either. People killing for fun disgust me. That smiling wanker of a dentists photo said it all..... What on earth does he achieve by doing what he does? Fucking insane.
    brianlux said:

The more I read about this the more pissed off I get so here it is with this warning, violent scene at link (but you've all seen worse, I'm sure).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFMY4jJ6SVE

Strange thing one night I came across this movie years ago. I watched it from beginning to end, I for whatever reason have a fascination in watching hit man movies. I recall the above scene and thought *Emptiness Is Form* .....hmmmm like Ghost Dog said....*our bodies are given life from nothingness* it's no wonder we as humans amongst ourselves can take our lives so easily and therefore even far simpliar to take an amimal's like life in the most cruel ways. Maybe that's why I had no trouble with the above scene....the mindless, heartless hunters becoming the hunted. The movie is a far moving movie and I have it, one of the best moive soundtracks out there.

As simple as it was for those amateur hunters was to take that grizzly bear, people who live out in the bush of Alaska are finding it far more difficult to hunt bears. Many times coming back home not even seeing a bear. When they do find one there those people understand the sanctity of taking an animals life solely for their winter survival during the season they are supposed to. They process/use all that the animal can provide for their families and is shared amongst the village. These people survive only by living off what the land provides for them and to me that's how it should be.....they don't have a corner grocery store to get their meat for winter. If more of us lived with that mindset more of these majestic animals would thrive.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Are you suggesting that we should go back to being hunters for our food?
    I

Are you suggesting that we should go back to being hunters for our food?
    I

No, that is not possible and we both should know that. I think IF we had more of that thought process and mindset we would possibly have less of those kinds of amateur hunters. Which therefore might lead to more animals such as that grizzly bear to thrive in the wild wilderness.

Peace

• g under p said:

Are you suggesting that we should go back to being hunters for our food?
    I

No, that is not possible and we both should know that. I think IF we had more of that thought process and mindset we would possibly have less of those kinds of amateur hunters. Which therefore might lead to more animals such as that grizzly bear to thrive in the wild wilderness.

Peace

Ah, I see.
    Absolutely agree.
    Yes the point being that these cowards enjoy the kill. They do it for no other reason. And that is more fucked up than my little brain can truely process.
    pdalowsky said:

Yes the point being that these cowards enjoy the kill. They do it for no other reason. And that is more fucked up than my little brain can truely process.

Think partly instinctual. We are but mere animals and behave as such. Not special.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    As a life long hunter the op s story makes me sick. These hunters are complete pieces of shit. They in no way represent what I ve witnessed in 27 years of hunting. It s always the vast minority of people that fuck it up for everyone else.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pdalowsky said:

That analogy pertaining to your brain is spot on.
    It truly is mind blowing that there are people out there that act this way.
    Sometimes I feel that the actions people do are not real and they are trying to mindfuck us.
    There is no way these "hunters" did this.
    Does that make sense?
  • Seth McFarlane had a great tweet. It was something like: When kids kill animals for fun we consider them sociopathic. When adults do it we call them hunters.

I've shown a few of my buddies this video and every one of them wants to slap these shitheads.

Terrible hunters. Piss poor shots. Brutal human beings. Psychotic. And... ugly. Yup. Ugly.
  • callen said:

callen said:

Drats, you got me. HA.
    Hahahaha!

(Sigh of relief)

I finally won.

Finally.

(Another sigh of relief- with hint of pleasure in facial expression)
    callen said:

pdalowsky said:

Think partly instinctual. We are but mere animals and behave as such. Not special.
    Then I must be extremely abnormal