Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551

Starting to get really worried. Successfully purchased at 7:30 PDT (10:30 EDT). Credit card charged, confirmation page shown, but with no order number. Still no email or anything in my purchase history. Tried purchasing again in the second batch, but received "THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE PURCHASED BECAUSE YOU HAVE PURCHASED AN ASSOCIATED PRODUCT IN THE PAST" message.

I've emailed 10Club with screen shot of my confirmation page (with no order number) and the "CANNOT BE PURCHASED" message I got when trying to buy during the second batch. Really hoping they uphold my order, seeing as how I got through long before a lot of others who are now getting confirmation emails, as well as seeing as how I couldn't purchase during the second wave because I was blocked for having already purchased in the first wave.

Same here. Fingers crossed, keep us updated.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    choop said:

AndySlash said:

So what happens if somebody saw the confirmation number, but it does not show up in the order history and there was no email, but the card was charged?

card being charged is the biggest indicator the sale went through. i'd feel pretty confident if that is the case.
    i don't know. no order history seems more telling than a pending charge. they don't charge right away, they put a hold on it, and then process a few days later. without anything in the history, 10C doesn't have a way to process that hold into a charge, and probably has no record of the transaction on their end.

i'm just wishing santos would give a word. we can't even email them and ask because there's no order number for them to reference.
    But how would they know to place a holding charge unless an order was placed? They are probably going through the orders to see what got held up, maybe orders that didn't get a confirmation number got held up and the computer processed the order, but couldn't generate the confirmation number.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I wonder why the product page is still up if it is sold out? That seems to be the case here with limited items, but I wonder how many people are sitting on that page hammering the refresh button.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    RKCNDY said:

choop said:

AndySlash said:

So what happens if somebody saw the confirmation number, but it does not show up in the order history and there was no email, but the card was charged?

card being charged is the biggest indicator the sale went through. i'd feel pretty confident if that is the case.
    i don't know. no order history seems more telling than a pending charge. they don't charge right away, they put a hold on it, and then process a few days later. without anything in the history, 10C doesn't have a way to process that hold into a charge, and probably has no record of the transaction on their end.

i'm just wishing santos would give a word. we can't even email them and ask because there's no order number for them to reference.
    But how would they know to place a holding charge unless an order was placed? They are probably going through the orders to see what got held up, maybe orders that didn't get a confirmation number got held up and the computer processed the order, but couldn't generate the confirmation number.
    the hold would be automatic based on whatever software they use for the cart system. 10C's system probably generates the order based in a database with the order number. if there's no order number, that means the credit card portion worked but the inventory portion didn't. it's a multistep process behind the scenes and mostly automated. once 10C has an order on their end they can act to process it. not my area of expertise, but i do work with some e-commerce folks and i do know everything is automated and then 10C has the backend to see what was ordered and needs to be processed.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    anyone paid with gift card?
    a friend went through,but no email or shows at her history
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MS35398MS35398 Posts: 26
    Is it wrong I'm considering not turning off my computer or closing my browser with the confirmation screen until the records arrive?
  • Options
    spawn492spawn492 Posts: 12
    Finally....Email confirmation and "warehouse" in order history details.
  • Options
    I had it in my cart twice....site errored.... No RSD vinyl for me.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Order is "pending". Pending what?
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Still no email. Nothing in order history. CC charge says pending. :-|
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760

anyone paid with gift card?
    a friend went through,but no email or shows at her history

I paid with gift card, but got the e-mail and its in the history
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    spawn492 said:

Finally....Email confirmation and "warehouse" in order history details.

What was your sitch before?

• Options
    choop said:

RKCNDY said:

choop said:

AndySlash said:

the hold would be automatic based on whatever software they use for the cart system. 10C's system probably generates the order based in a database with the order number. if there's no order number, that means the credit card portion worked but the inventory portion didn't. it's a multistep process behind the scenes and mostly automated. once 10C has an order on their end they can act to process it. not my area of expertise, but i do work with some e-commerce folks and i do know everything is automated and then 10C has the backend to see what was ordered and needs to be processed.
    So without any type of confirmation but a credit card pre-authorization, I'm SOL?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    edited April 2015
    I knew it would be a tiny tiny chance coming in. Just didn't expect to be so f'd with. RKCNDY, sure you might be SOL, but you're not the only one, and at least you still have a chance. Thousands of us don't.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    Buddy just got a new order number and email. It now shows in his order history. Keep checking
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    My order also went from pending to warehouse. A good sign I think.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    TL61540 said:

Yeah - you're in
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    wg said:

Buddy just got a new order number and email. It now shows in his order history. Keep checking

What was his situation before? I'm wondering if ANYBODY who is in the no order # / no email / nothing in order history boat has gotten anything other than a pending CC charge yet.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    aurynsdad said:

I knew it would be a tiny tiny chance coming in. Just didn't expect to be so f'd with. RKCNDY, sure you might be SOL, but you're not the only one, and at least you still have a chance. Thousands of us don't.

I know, I'm glad if I got one (happy anniversary to me), but if I didn't, then it's okay too. Can't have everything.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Warehouse! Effen eh!
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    No dice for me - the white screen of death lived up to its name today...probably 10 times.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    Washed said:

No dice for me - the white screen of death lived up to its name today...probably 10 times.

Yeah, I saw at least that many, and as I gradually made my way forward, I had a feeling that it wouldn't happen in time for me to have an order in. I was right. Kicking myself for not being around for the second sale.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2015
    sorry, double post
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,935
    TL61540 said:

Me too! :)
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 143

wg said:

What was his situation before? I'm wondering if ANYBODY who is in the no order # / no email / nothing in order history boat has gotten anything other than a pending CC charge yet.
    Same boat here, and still no news
    Rome 1996 - Milan 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milan 2014 - EV Florence & Sicily I-II 2017 - Barolo 2019
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    Walkunafraid,

He got an email confirmation with order number at 10:30 ish. No order history. Pending cc.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Amir1978 said:

wg said:

I am wondering that as well. Worst part if we aren't getting it would be that I happened to still be on when those vinyls popped up on here the second time, but the system said I had already purchased. Just hoping for the best!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    danbaudanbau Posts: 4
    Amir1978 said:

wg said:

Same here. Pending cc charge, no email, nothing in order history. When my order confirmation page came up, it didn't have an order number.
  • Options
    "your order has been cancelled" #Lame I vote for lottery next time.
    8/4/00, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 9/21/12, 10/29/13, 10/30/13, 10/12/14
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,961
    Status changed from Pending to Warehouse...good sign right? :)