The Idiot Thread

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Here is something that makes ZERO sense:
    The very idea of adults drinking human breast milk is considered disgusting by pretty much every single person. Ever.
    Yet somehow drinking breastmilk from a cow is completely normal. A different species' milk is good to go but your own is gross?
    How ass-backward is that!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Dude ,I had that same convo the other night with some friends while out.Its assinine isn't it? How gross does that sound.I get grossed out by any other animal milk also.So I think I will stick with my limited dairy intake (a lil cheese and coffee cream).Almond milk is ok but they have such tiny nipples.Very tough to milk.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I laughed at that last part, rr.

I found myself having reactions to regular milk - Lucerne, Knudsen, Alta Dena, etc. Then I discovered Horizon organic! No problems since the switch.

Love me some cheese too.
    The Horizon stuff is good.
  • I used to glug milk like no other human being (as a university athlete).

I've slowed down considerably and am actually finding milk a tad disgusting. My kids love it, but I find myself begrudgingly adding it to my oatmeal given I cannot get over nowhere it came from... and knowing it really isn't that great for you.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rr165892 said:
    Believe or die. "I believe I believe I believe!"
  • rr165892 said:
    A qualifier for sure.

No love within her.
    My god, the hot topics section above the article seem unreal.

So much wrong with what these children endured. Way to set a solid foundation.

As to this "grand"mother, curious to see what kind of punishment she'll receive.
  • Darren Sharper (from Rotoworld):

Ex-NFL S Darren Sharper plead guilty to sexual assault and attempted sexual assault in Arizona.
    Sharper's plea comes with nine years in prison and lifetime probation, stemming from drugging women at a nightclub before raping them. He also faced similar charges in Los Angeles, New Orleans, Las Vegas and Arizona. Frankly, nine years seems short considering the heinous nature and broad scope of his crimes -- but it's worth noting that he's facing a life sentence if convicted of federal rape and drug charges in New Orleans. Sharper, 39, was a five-time Pro Bowler during his 14-year NFL career. He last played in 2010.

Geezuz, man. Wtf? How about using your slick personality, fame, monrey, and your chiseled pro athlete body to impress the ladies into bed with you? Some guys do a lot better with a lot less.

Ben Roethlisberger (if I spelled that correctly... I deserve something) can accurately take his place in this thread as well for his criminal approach to sleeping with women.

Idiots.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:

As to this "grand"mother, curious to see what kind of punishment she'll receive.

my heart just explodes with rage when I read shit like that. How can someone do that to anyone, let alone a helpless kid?

I get very violent thoughts about people like that.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:

my heart just explodes with rage when I read shit like that. How can someone do that to anyone, let alone a helpless kid?

I get very violent thoughts about people like that.

Good Hugh.It shows your alive and have a brain.What rational father would think any different? I know I don't.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2015
    rgambs said:

The very idea of adults drinking human breast milk is considered disgusting by pretty much every single person. Ever.
    Yet somehow drinking breastmilk from a cow is completely normal. A different species' milk is good to go but your own is gross?

I don't find drinking human breast milk gross at all. Every baby drinks it all day and night, so how is it gross?? I really don't get that thinking at all. Obviously making it available for mass consumption isn't possible unless there are women out there who are willing to be hooked up to milking machines as a job, lol.
    I'm sure the argument about human milk vs cow milk is easily argued by saying, "Yeah, and I don't eat human flesh either". Fair enough argument, logically, lol. But still, not sure how human milk became such a gross thing to so many people even while they watch their own babies eat it for months on end. Bizarre.
    For the record, I've tried human milk as an adult (I'm surprised so many people haven't), and it just tasted like warm normal milk with sugar in it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I don't find drinking human breast milk gross at all. Every baby drinks it all day and night, so how is it gross?? I really don't get that thinking at all. Obviously making it available for mass consumption isn't possible unless there are women out there who are willing to be hooked up to milking machines as a job, lol.
    I'm sure the argument about human milk vs cow milk is easily argued by saying, "Yeah, and I don't eat human flesh either". Fair enough argument, logically, lol. But still, not sure how human milk became such a gross thing to so many people even while they watch their own babies eat it for months on end. Bizarre.
    For the record, I've tried human milk as an adult (I'm surprised so many people haven't), and it just tasted like warm normal milk with sugar in it.
    yeah, I gave my wife's a taste when she was still breastfeeding our kids (from a bottle, you sickos! LOL). just tastes like sweet milk.

I personally think it's disgusting that we consume the milk of ANY animal after babyhood. we don't need it. it's not natural. do I drink it? yes, because as someone who grew up drinking it, sometimes I have a thirst for it, even though I think it's kind of gross. I just try not to think about it. But I don't drink it much.

good thing it doesn't take like beer OR make me want to dance involuntarily.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Video or it didn't happen pjsoul hahaha
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

Haha, apparently it is the energy drink of the future for pro athletes! http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/bodywork/performance-plate/Breast-Is-Not-Best-for-Athletes.html

But as the article points out, you don't know what you're buying due to lack of oversight, you could pick up some nasty viruses, you won't be able to process some of the good things in it, it is super expensive, etc...
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

Haha, apparently it is the energy drink of the future for pro athletes! http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/bodywork/performance-plate/Breast-Is-Not-Best-for-Athletes.html

But as the article points out, you don't know what you're buying due to lack of oversight, you could pick up some nasty viruses, you won't be able to process some of the good things in it, it is super expensive, etc...
    But did they make sure to study Cambodian breastmilk? It IS the finest to be found.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited March 2015

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

yeah, I gave my wife's a taste when she was still breastfeeding our kids (from a bottle, you sickos! LOL). just tastes like sweet milk.

I personally think it's disgusting that we consume the milk of ANY animal after babyhood. we don't need it. it's not natural. do I drink it? yes, because as someone who grew up drinking it, sometimes I have a thirst for it, even though I think it's kind of gross. I just try not to think about it. But I don't drink it much.

Milk (cow) is super nutritious though. It's packed with vitamins and minerals. I think it's actually undervalued as a healthy food for adults - I get the impression that most people aren't even aware of the nutritional value of milk for any age group (there really aren't any foods that are healthy for children but not healthy for adults). I am not clear on why you would say it's not "natural". It's an animal product. It's as natural as eating eggs, steak, chicken, or any other animal product.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

:rofl:
    It wouldn't be a very interesting video. Me standing in the kitchen squirting it on my wrist from a bottle and licking it off, lol.
    I personally think it's rude to expect any human being to eat something that you won't try yourself so you at least know what the other person is dealing with. And yes, I mean in ALL cases.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Milk (cow) is super nutritious though. It's packed with vitamins and minerals. I think it's actually undervalued as a healthy food for adults - I get the impression that most people aren't even aware of the nutritional value of milk for any age group (there really aren't any foods that are healthy for children but not healthy for adults). I am not clear on why you would say it's not "natural". It's an animal product. It's as natural as eating eggs, steak, chicken, or any other animal product.
    Yes, it is super nutricious. So apparently is eating the placenta of a recently birthed child. I know, extreme example. But I am starting to wonder why, if so natural, why so many human bodies are starting to reject it.

Being carnivorous is natural. Even eating the unborn young of another animal is natural, as sick as that sounds. But doesn't it strike you as odd that we are the only mammal to drink the milk of another? I find it weird.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Yes, it is super nutricious. So apparently is eating the placenta of a recently birthed child. I know, extreme example. But I am starting to wonder why, if so natural, why so many human bodies are starting to reject it.

Being carnivorous is natural. Even eating the unborn young of another animal is natural, as sick as that sounds. But doesn't it strike you as odd that we are the only mammal to drink the milk of another? I find it weird.

Less likely that we are rejecting the milk and more likely that we are rejecting the hormones and antibiotics contained within the milk itself. Also, likely that we are rejecting the protein profile of milk because of GMOs. I've done some preliminary research that says that a lot of current food allergies are linked to intolerance of proteins especially GMO proteins.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Mmmmmmm. Placenta.

Yuck.
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I knew it was coming.
    rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

But did they make sure to study Cambodian breastmilk? It IS the finest to be found.
    Here we go again.How does it always come back to The sweet Cambodian style.Gambs you sick bastard.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

It wouldn't be a very interesting video. Me standing in the kitchen squirting it on my wrist from a bottle and licking it off, lol.
    I personally think it's rude to expect any human being to eat something that you won't try yourself so you at least know what the other person is dealing with. And yes, I mean in ALL cases.
    You pervert hahaha
    riotgrl said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Less likely that we are rejecting the milk and more likely that we are rejecting the hormones and antibiotics contained within the milk itself. Also, likely that we are rejecting the protein profile of milk because of GMOs. I've done some preliminary research that says that a lot of current food allergies are linked to intolerance of proteins especially GMO proteins.
    Lactose is the issue, is it not? I know the hormones, etc, are also an issue, but aren't people rejecting lactose on its own as well?

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Thanks for giving me the heebie-jeebies, ya sick fucks! :cow:
    PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

My stomach is turning at the moment. Thankfully my wife isn't as stringent on this issue.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Yeah, i can't say that your comparison even makes sense, lol. Humans eat human milk, cows eat cow milk, humans eat cows and cow milk. Makes perfect sense. It would be crazy not to eat it, lol.
    People are allergic to everything. That doesn't mean that thing isn't good for the rest of us. I knkw people who are allergic to nuts, eggs, broccoli, onions, strawberries, trees, flowers, animals, etc etc etc etc etc etc. Should we suspect all of those things of not being "natural" for us too?
    Milk makes me feel good, fills me up, and it's super nutritious, low in fat and calories (i like 1%), and it's super affordable. I think it would be stupid of me to not drink it! ..... Now where is my job offer from the Canadian Milk Association? :tongue:

FWIW, we are the only animal to do a LOT of things. I don't think that is a very good measuring stick you're using there. I'm not even sure it's true that there aren't other animals that drink the milk of another, but either way, I find it irrelevant. I mean, we're also the only animals to cook our food or create recipes out of it. The only ones to breed animals for food, to practice agriculture... and so on.