• Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    edited March 2015

riotgrl said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Here is something that makes ZERO sense:
    The very idea of adults drinking human breast milk is considered disgusting by pretty much every single person. Ever.
    Yet somehow drinking breastmilk from a cow is completely normal. A different species' milk is good to go but your own is gross?
    How ass-backward is that!

I don't find drinking human breast milk gross at all. Every baby drinks it all day and night, so how is it gross?? I really don't get that thinking at all. Obviously making it available for mass consumption isn't possible unless there are women out there who are willing to be hooked up to milking machines as a job, lol.
    I'm sure the argument about human milk vs cow milk is easily argued by saying, "Yeah, and I don't eat human flesh either". Fair enough argument, logically, lol. But still, not sure how human milk became such a gross thing to so many people even while they watch their own babies eat it for months on end. Bizarre.
    For the record, I've tried human milk as an adult (I'm surprised so many people haven't), and it just tasted like warm normal milk with sugar in it.
    yeah, I gave my wife's a taste when she was still breastfeeding our kids (from a bottle, you sickos! LOL). just tastes like sweet milk.

I personally think it's disgusting that we consume the milk of ANY animal after babyhood. we don't need it. it's not natural. do I drink it? yes, because as someone who grew up drinking it, sometimes I have a thirst for it, even though I think it's kind of gross. I just try not to think about it. But I don't drink it much.

good thing it doesn't take like beer OR make me want to dance involuntarily.

Milk (cow) is super nutritious though. It's packed with vitamins and minerals. I think it's actually undervalued as a healthy food for adults - I get the impression that most people aren't even aware of the nutritional value of milk for any age group (there really aren't any foods that are healthy for children but not healthy for adults). I am not clear on why you would say it's not "natural". It's an animal product. It's as natural as eating eggs, steak, chicken, or any other animal product.
    Yes, it is super nutricious. So apparently is eating the placenta of a recently birthed child. I know, extreme example. But I am starting to wonder why, if so natural, why so many human bodies are starting to reject it.

Being carnivorous is natural. Even eating the unborn young of another animal is natural, as sick as that sounds. But doesn't it strike you as odd that we are the only mammal to drink the milk of another? I find it weird.

Less likely that we are rejecting the milk and more likely that we are rejecting the hormones and antibiotics contained within the milk itself. Also, likely that we are rejecting the protein profile of milk because of GMOs. I've done some preliminary research that says that a lot of current food allergies are linked to intolerance of proteins especially GMO proteins.
    Lactose is the issue, is it not? I know the hormones, etc, are also an issue, but aren't people rejecting lactose on its own as well?

Yes and no. Anecdotal evidence but my daughter was lactose intolerant when she was younger but can now consume milk. We currently drink raw milk and she has never had a problem with consuming it. It has to do with the enzymes still contained in the raw milk versus the denatured milk that you find at the store.

There are more studies that are examining the role of proteins, GMOs, and allergies which is why I think that, for many, lactose isn't the real problem but that the protein from the transgenic corn and soy that the cows are being fed.
    Post edited by riotgrl on
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

The very idea of adults drinking human breast milk is considered disgusting by pretty much every single person. Ever.
    Yet somehow drinking breastmilk from a cow is completely normal. A different species' milk is good to go but your own is gross?

I don't find drinking human breast milk gross at all. Every baby drinks it all day and night, so how is it gross?? I really don't get that thinking at all. Obviously making it available for mass consumption isn't possible unless there are women out there who are willing to be hooked up to milking machines as a job, lol.
    I'm sure the argument about human milk vs cow milk is easily argued by saying, "Yeah, and I don't eat human flesh either". Fair enough argument, logically, lol. But still, not sure how human milk became such a gross thing to so many people even while they watch their own babies eat it for months on end. Bizarre.
    For the record, I've tried human milk as an adult (I'm surprised so many people haven't), and it just tasted like warm normal milk with sugar in it.
    yeah, I gave my wife's a taste when she was still breastfeeding our kids (from a bottle, you sickos! LOL). just tastes like sweet milk.

I personally think it's disgusting that we consume the milk of ANY animal after babyhood. we don't need it. it's not natural. do I drink it? yes, because as someone who grew up drinking it, sometimes I have a thirst for it, even though I think it's kind of gross. I just try not to think about it. But I don't drink it much.

Milk (cow) is super nutritious though. It's packed with vitamins and minerals. I think it's actually undervalued as a healthy food for adults - I get the impression that most people aren't even aware of the nutritional value of milk for any age group (there really aren't any foods that are healthy for children but not healthy for adults). I am not clear on why you would say it's not "natural". It's an animal product. It's as natural as eating eggs, steak, chicken, or any other animal product.
    Yes, it is super nutricious. So apparently is eating the placenta of a recently birthed child. I know, extreme example. But I am starting to wonder why, if so natural, why so many human bodies are starting to reject it.

Being carnivorous is natural. Even eating the unborn young of another animal is natural, as sick as that sounds. But doesn't it strike you as odd that we are the only mammal to drink the milk of another? I find it weird.

Yeah, i can't say that your comparison even makes sense, lol. Humans eat human milk, cows eat cow milk, humans eat cows and cow milk. Makes perfect sense. It would be crazy not to eat it, lol.
    People are allergic to everything. That doesn't mean that thing isn't good for the rest of us. I knkw people who are allergic to nuts, eggs, broccoli, onions, strawberries, trees, flowers, animals, etc etc etc etc etc etc. Should we suspect all of those things of not being "natural" for us too?
    Milk makes me feel good, fills me up, and it's super nutritious, low in fat and calories (i like 1%), and it's super affordable. I think it would be stupid of me to not drink it! ..... Now where is my job offer from the Canadian Milk Association? :tongue:

FWIW, we are the only animal to do a LOT of things. I don't think that is a very good measuring stick you're using there. I'm not even sure it's true that there aren't other animals that drink the milk of another, but either way, I find it irrelevant. I mean, we're also the only animals to cook our food or create recipes out of it. The only ones to breed animals for food, to practice agriculture... and so on.

my comparison was only to illustrate that just because something is nutritious, does not mean that alone makes it good for our diet.

yes, we are the only mammal that do a lot of things. but I'm speaking of carnivorous behaviour specifically, not of "well foxes don't make chocolate" type of comparison.

Many other carnivores eat the young, unborn and born, of other animals. But they only drink the milk of their own species (except in extreme cases where one mother takes in an abandoned calf/young of another species).

yes, humans can be allergic to a lot of things. But I think it's odd that lactose allergy/intolerance is on the extreme rise. So is peanuts. But the theory behind that one now is that everyone in the last decade was so freaked out about introducing their kids to nuts before age 2, it increased the reaction percentage. our bodies were saying "whoa! what the fuck is this??". But with cow's milk we injest it from a very young age, usually right after we are finished breastfeeding, so there's no real reason, logically, that out of nowhere we should be rejecting it. Unless, in my opinion, it maybe shouldn't be part of our diet.

anyway, I just realized this is the idiot thread. not a cow's milk thread. so I'll stop now. :lol:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Yeah, i can't say that your comparison even makes sense, lol. Humans eat human milk, cows eat cow milk, humans eat cows and cow milk. Makes perfect sense. It would be crazy not to eat it, lol.
    People are allergic to everything. That doesn't mean that thing isn't good for the rest of us. I knkw people who are allergic to nuts, eggs, broccoli, onions, strawberries, trees, flowers, animals, etc etc etc etc etc etc. Should we suspect all of those things of not being "natural" for us too?
    Milk makes me feel good, fills me up, and it's super nutritious, low in fat and calories (i like 1%), and it's super affordable. I think it would be stupid of me to not drink it! ..... Now where is my job offer from the Canadian Milk Association? :tongue:

FWIW, we are the only animal to do a LOT of things. I don't think that is a very good measuring stick you're using there. I'm not even sure it's true that there aren't other animals that drink the milk of another, but either way, I find it irrelevant. I mean, we're also the only animals to cook our food or create recipes out of it. The only ones to breed animals for food, to practice agriculture... and so on.

my comparison was only to illustrate that just because something is nutritious, does not mean that alone makes it good for our diet.

yes, we are the only mammal that do a lot of things. but I'm speaking of carnivorous behaviour specifically, not of "well foxes don't make chocolate" type of comparison.

Many other carnivores eat the young, unborn and born, of other animals. But they only drink the milk of their own species (except in extreme cases where one mother takes in an abandoned calf/young of another species).

yes, humans can be allergic to a lot of things. But I think it's odd that lactose allergy/intolerance is on the extreme rise. So is peanuts. But the theory behind that one now is that everyone in the last decade was so freaked out about introducing their kids to nuts before age 2, it increased the reaction percentage. our bodies were saying "whoa! what the fuck is this??". But with cow's milk we injest it from a very young age, usually right after we are finished breastfeeding, so there's no real reason, logically, that out of nowhere we should be rejecting it. Unless, in my opinion, it maybe shouldn't be part of our diet.

anyway, I just realized this is the idiot thread. not a cow's milk thread. so I'll stop now. :lol:

PJ Soul/Hughfreakingdillon hope you don't mind me jumping in on this....

All humans have the ability to digest milk/lactose when born because that is how we get all of our nutrition until we can ingest foods. In many cultures, people then switch to animal milk and they are able to continue ingesting dairy because they retain the enzymes to digest milk/lactose because they never stopped drinking milk. In some cultures, however, people stop drinking milk as young infants/children and the enzyme that is used to digest milk/lactose is lost and people become lactose intolerant. True dairy allergies are far more rare. I am at work and can't find the study that references protein profiles/dairy allergies here but I have it at home. I'll post it tonight as it addresses some of these issues.

I AM MINE
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    riotgrl said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

All humans have the ability to digest milk/lactose when born because that is how we get all of our nutrition until we can ingest foods. In many cultures, people then switch to animal milk and they are able to continue ingesting dairy because they retain the enzymes to digest milk/lactose because they never stopped drinking milk. In some cultures, however, people stop drinking milk as young infants/children and the enzyme that is used to digest milk/lactose is lost and people become lactose intolerant. True dairy allergies are far more rare. I am at work and can't find the study that references protein profiles/dairy allergies here but I have it at home. I'll post it tonight as it addresses some of these issues.
    You may want to check out the history of lactose tolerance, because it sounds quite different then what you are implying. The history of lactose tolerance is super interesting.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_evolution/2012/10/evolution_of_lactose_tolerance_why_do_humans_keep_drinking_milk.html
  • Options
    dignin said:

riotgrl said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

You may want to check out the history of lactose tolerance, because it sounds quite different then what you are implying. The history of lactose tolerance is super interesting.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_evolution/2012/10/evolution_of_lactose_tolerance_why_do_humans_keep_drinking_milk.html

Really like that article! Especially his comments about our declining health being linked to the Neolithic Revolution and becoming farmers.

It was not my intent to misrepresent the historical development of the genetic mutation of lactose intolerance. I was approaching it from a more modern standpoint as we see more and more people who *should* (like european descended people) be able to tolerate milk that are unable. I have no doubt that genetic mutations explain many of these instances but there are still rising concerns about GMOs and their protein profiles creating a whole host of allergy issues. In addition, there is new research to suggest that pasteurized milk has created allergy and intolerance issues that raw milk drinkers don't encounter.

I AM MINE
  • Options
    riotgrl said:

dignin said:

riotgrl said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Really like that article! Especially his comments about our declining health being linked to the Neolithic Revolution and becoming farmers.

It was not my intent to misrepresent the historical development of the genetic mutation of lactose intolerance. I was approaching it from a more modern standpoint as we see more and more people who *should* (like european descended people) be able to tolerate milk that are unable. I have no doubt that genetic mutations explain many of these instances but there are still rising concerns about GMOs and their protein profiles creating a whole host of allergy issues. In addition, there is new research to suggest that pasteurized milk has created allergy and intolerance issues that raw milk drinkers don't encounter.
    Cool, glad you enjoyed the article as much as I did. Weird how it came up from a thread about idiots and fetish subject matter. :)

I will have to do some more research about the possible links between GMO's and possible allergies.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    dignin said:

riotgrl said:

dignin said:

riotgrl said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Cool, glad you enjoyed the article as much as I did. Weird how it came up from a thread about idiots and fetish subject matter. :)

I will have to do some more research about the possible links between GMO's and possible allergies.
    That last part sounds pretty interesting Dig.I bet you find some interesting stuff.espescially with The modified grains.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    It's cop related but didn't involve shooting of a gun. Nypd cop arrested for rape of 16 year old. 2nd cop arrested this month for same crime. Sorry if this is in wrong place. Didn't want to start another cop thread.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYPD-Officer-Arrested-Rape-Teenage-Girl-Church-Bronx-297445751.html
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    This guy must of been butt hurt he wasn't invited to the big msg event for 9-11 performed by some of the biggest rock icons in the world. Ted, you're a fucken idiot and an asshole:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/ted-cruz-on-9-11-i-didnt-like-how-rock-music-responded-20150324
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Rock music, and it's fans by and large, don't need this phony balloney anyways. He is perfect for modern country music, with it's cheesy, false sentimentality and it's lockstep lack of originality.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/03/25/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson-under-fire-for-graphic-anti-atheist-speech-at-prayer-breakfast/

"Duck Dynasty's" Phil Robertson has come under fire once again, this time for a speech he made about a hypothetical atheist family at an annual prayer breakfast in Florida on Friday.

Robertson described a graphic scenario while sharing his thoughts on those who do not believe in God.

"Two guys break into an atheist's home," Robertson began. "He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him. And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot 'em and they take his wife and then decapitate her head off in front of him. And they can look at him and say, 'Isn't it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn't it great that there's nothing wrong with this? There's no right or wrong, now is it dude?'

"Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, 'Wouldn't it be something if this was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We're sick in the head, have a nice day.'

"If it happened to them, they probably would say, 'Something about this just ain't right.'"
  • Options
    dignin said:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/03/25/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson-under-fire-for-graphic-anti-atheist-speech-at-prayer-breakfast/

"Duck Dynasty's" Phil Robertson has come under fire once again, this time for a speech he made about a hypothetical atheist family at an annual prayer breakfast in Florida on Friday.

Robertson described a graphic scenario while sharing his thoughts on those who do not believe in God.

"Two guys break into an atheist's home," Robertson began. "He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him. And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot 'em and they take his wife and then decapitate her head off in front of him. And they can look at him and say, 'Isn't it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn't it great that there's nothing wrong with this? There's no right or wrong, now is it dude?'

"Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, 'Wouldn't it be something if this was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We're sick in the head, have a nice day.'

"If it happened to them, they probably would say, 'Something about this just ain't right.'"

W

T

F

?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    This show has apparently been on for 7 seasons. 7 fuckin' seasons. Haha! Who the fuck tunes in to that shit?
  • Options
    dignin said:

This show has apparently been on for 7 seasons. 7 fuckin' seasons. Haha! Who the fuck tunes in to that shit?

I've seen glimpses of that stupid show and am stunned it gets passed off as entertainment.

Absolutely stupid... in my very modest and humble opinion.
  • Options

dignin said:

I've seen glimpses of that stupid show and am stunned it gets passed off as entertainment.

I'm with you man. I can't wrap my head around it.

• Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

We're not so far apart after all, eh? Lol.
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

I think were very close on most things, we just argue the hell out of the small things that we differ. Isn't what this place is all about? ;)

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    dignin said:

Lots of humans seeking validation for their weaknesses and insecurity.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

dignin said:

dignin said:

So we shouldn't take shit personally.

Even if you are on wrong side of capital punishment.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

I think were very close on most things, we just argue the hell out of the small things that we differ. Isn't what this place is all about? ;)

I know. I said in jest!
  • Options
    callen said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

So we shouldn't take shit personally.

Even if you are on wrong side of capital punishment.

One of these days you'll see things the way you should see them!

Until that moment... you're still okay.
  • Options
    I'm not sure things could get any shittier for Lawrence Philips- former NCAA star running back for Nebraska and NFL bust:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12685376/lawrence-phillips-former-nfl-running-back-suspected-killing-prison-cellmate

Nothing is official, but to date... it hasn't taken much to turn Lawrence into a violent and reckless individual.

It just goes to show you how much your past influences your present. Regardless... an idiot. He's never going to get out of the big house now.
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    I really believe that this belongs in this thread. http://walb.com/story/28786983/man-shoots-at-armadillo-bullet-hits-mother-in-lawimage"The bullet killed the animal, but also ricocheted off of it, hit a fence, went through the back door of his mother-in-law's mobile home, through a recliner she was sitting in, and into her back."
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options

I really believe that this belongs in this thread. http://walb.com/story/28786983/man-shoots-at-armadillo-bullet-hits-mother-in-lawimage"The bullet killed the animal, but also ricocheted off of it, hit a fence, went through the back door of his mother-in-law's mobile home, through a recliner she was sitting in, and into her back."

This shot's explanation almost defies the laws of science- it rivals the JFK shot for bullet flight pattern.

The unintended victim was the mother in law? Hmmm.
  • Options

dignin said:

interesting, as my previously-mentioned very intelligent brother loves that fucking show. I couldn't believe it. he owns all the seasons on dvd.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

This shot's explanation almost defies the laws of science- it rivals the JFK shot for bullet flight pattern.

The unintended victim was the mother in law? Hmmm.
    like the Keith Hernandez spit that landed on Newman's knee. "it pauses-in mid-air mind you-and then takes a left turn, and lands on Newman's right knee. that my friends, is one magic loogie".

classic stuff.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    A person using a flying bicycle to land onto the front lawn of the Capital building should qualify for this thread.

So ... do we have surface to air missiles protecting key buildings or not. Or maybe their targeting systems aren't dumbed down enough to anticipate the threat of a flying bicycle attack.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I had no idea a gyrocopter (mmm, gyros) was a flying bicycle.

Come on, Secret Service! Their inaction continues to chip away at my confidence in them.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

A person using a flying bicycle to land onto the front lawn of the Capital building should qualify for this thread.

So ... do we have surface to air missiles protecting key buildings or not. Or maybe their targeting systems aren't dumbed down enough to anticipate the threat of a flying bicycle attack.

I'm pretty sure a slingshot took this guy down.

I have quite the visual thinking of this incident.