Some facts for the Obama haters

Comments

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Cliffy he's done a lot of good.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    callen wrote: »
    Cliffy he's done a lot of good.

A lot more than he has gotten any credit for.
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Michelle 2016!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    CH156378 wrote: »
    Michelle 2016!

That's just plain ole wrong.Just the thought of it is scary.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    An organic gardener as president? Heck yeah!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

If you use the desktop version of YouTube, the video will appear here.
  • CH156378 wrote: »

What, it won't work on your brilliant SMARTphone?

Yes, by simply clicking "desktop version" on the page settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns4gXuONyYE&app=desktop

See. All from my SMARTPHONE
  • Yet, so tiny, compared to a laptop or better yet, a monitor. ;)
    edited February 2015
    Yet, so tiny, compared to a laptop or better yet, a monitor. ;)

That's not the point. Of course while you're carrying around your dumb phone, your laptop, your iPod, and and your pager I'll just carry my smart phone with a 5.7 inch screen and not lug around all the other garbage.

Edit: I still can't find the faces, maybe you can on your lap top, so you may get me there.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

BigLOL!

Sorry guys- come on- you know it's funny! :-D

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote: »

BigLOL!

Sorry guys- come on- you know it's funny! :-D

But it did work, so not so much.....
  • I bet that's a tiny EV on smart phones… My giant monitor shows a larger than life EV!!

:lol:
  • Yet, so tiny, compared to a laptop or better yet, a monitor. ;)

That's not the point. Of course while you're carrying around your dumb phone, your laptop, your iPod, and and your pager I'll just carry my smart phone with a 5.7 inch screen and not lug around all the other garbage.

Edit: I still can't find the faces, maybe you can on your lap top, so you may get me there.

But I'm not carrying anything around, that's what I've been saying! :rock_on:
  • Both sides can find articles and arguments that will support their stance. Like many, I feel like present day politicians are worthless. The truly good ones founded this country and laid out the foundation that each president has tried to erode since then.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jobs report today was not too shabby though wages are still stagnant
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I don't hate him but I don't love him either. He's too moderate conservative for me at times.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Obamacare is conservative as hell. Liberals hate it....but the right is so ignorant they hate it just because Obama passed it. If Romney would have won they would embrace it. Total hypocrites.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Obamacare is conservative as hell. Liberals hate it....but the right is so ignorant they hate it just because Obama passed it. If Romney would have won they would embrace it. Total hypocrites.

I could care less if Obama or the Dems passed it.It sucks because it is not a good for the healthcare system as a whole.Although a couple of parts are worthy,many other parts are not.It is doing more harm than good. And it's costing regular folks a lot more money.As an employer who has paid my peoples insurance costs for 2 decades,I can tell you my employees now pay more for shittier coverage.Just look at how big pharma benefits from this shit.That should tell you a lot.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rr165892 said:

I could care less if Obama or the Dems passed it.It sucks because it is not a good for the healthcare system as a whole.Although a couple of parts are worthy,many other parts are not.It is doing more harm than good. And it's costing regular folks a lot more money.As an employer who has paid my peoples insurance costs for 2 decades,I can tell you my employees now pay more for shittier coverage.Just look at how big pharma benefits from this shit.That should tell you a lot.
    ^ This. I know my deductible and out of pocket costs shot through the roof (making it so I can't afford to use my insurance), my premiums went up, and my coverage is worse. My wife couldn't renew her policy, and we just got to sit down and pick between one of the shitty policies on the health exchange or adding her to my shitty policy for way too much money. Pre-ACA I used to go to my doctor, took care of necessary exams/procedures, and had a couple of medications I took. Post-ACA I no longer visit a doctor, I no longer have wellness/preventative care check-ups, and have dropped any meds I used to take. The only thing my insurance is good for is keeping the fucking IRS off my ass and ticking the box that says I was covered by a qualified health plan for the year. The rich were unaffected by the ACA. The very poor benefited from the ACA with subsidized coverage. The vast middle class again takes it in the shorts. I don't care whether it was passed by Republicans, Democrats, Obama, Romney, Bush, Trump, or whomever. I just know I got screwed by its passage. I'd like to see it repealed, and either get the gov't completely out of the insurance game, or go all-in with some sort of single-payer system. What we have now is a grand compromise that delivered very little and costs us dearly.

Lots of things are better under Obama than Bush, but this isn't one of them.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Jeff,you hit it on the head.As always
    jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

^ This. I know my deductible and out of pocket costs shot through the roof (making it so I can't afford to use my insurance), my premiums went up, and my coverage is worse. My wife couldn't renew her policy, and we just got to sit down and pick between one of the shitty policies on the health exchange or adding her to my shitty policy for way too much money. Pre-ACA I used to go to my doctor, took care of necessary exams/procedures, and had a couple of medications I took. Post-ACA I no longer visit a doctor, I no longer have wellness/preventative care check-ups, and have dropped any meds I used to take. The only thing my insurance is good for is keeping the fucking IRS off my ass and ticking the box that says I was covered by a qualified health plan for the year. The rich were unaffected by the ACA. The very poor benefited from the ACA with subsidized coverage. The vast middle class again takes it in the shorts. I don't care whether it was passed by Republicans, Democrats, Obama, Romney, Bush, Trump, or whomever. I just know I got screwed by its passage. I'd like to see it repealed, and either get the gov't completely out of the insurance game, or go all-in with some sort of single-payer system. What we have now is a grand compromise that delivered very little and costs us dearly.

It might not be better for YOU but it is better for millions of others. A tax increase won't be "better" for the rich but it will benefit the majority.

That's how life works.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    And for the record I don't care for the ACA either. I like that it is "something" better than before but I support single payer.

• jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

It might not be better for YOU but it is better for millions of others. A tax increase won't be "better" for the rich but it will benefit the majority.

That's how life works.
    Whom is it better for? I had GREAT insurance from my old company. When I left I didn't renew the policy so I had to use Obamacare.
    It's horrible. It costs me DOUBLE of what it cost before and I have a fraction of the coverage.

I hope someone fixes this. As I see it I'm filling the profits of a few people rather than helping the mass of people.

jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

That's how life works.
    Whom is it better for? I had GREAT insurance from my old company. When I left I didn't renew the policy so I had to use Obamacare.
    It's horrible. It costs me DOUBLE of what it cost before and I have a fraction of the coverage.

I hope someone fixes this. As I see it I'm filling the profits of a few people rather than helping the mass of people.
    You seriously can't see outside of your bubble?

It is better for the millions that could not get insurance because they had pre-existing conditions. It is better for the millions that could get cut from their plans because they developed cancer or another horrible disease. It is better for the millions who were unable to afford insurance and now can because of the income subsidies. It is better for the insurance companies as well....unfortunately.

Yes it sucks for a lot of people. But what you are experiencing is nothing different that what others have been experiencing for years before the act.

• jeffbr said:

rr165892 said:

That's how life works.

You seriously can't see outside of your bubble?

It is better for the millions that could not get insurance because they had pre-existing conditions. It is better for the millions that could get cut from their plans because they developed cancer or another horrible disease. It is better for the millions who were unable to afford insurance and now can because of the income subsidies. It is better for the insurance companies as well....unfortunately.

Yes it sucks for a lot of people. But what you are experiencing is nothing different that what others have been experiencing for years before the act.
    What bubble? I was all for Obamacare until I realized what it was really doing. Costing people money.

I am still for everyone to have affordable healthcare but this isn't it. Costs go up 10% a year no matter what.

It needs some tweaking. Serious tweaking.