The Idiot Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist wrote: »

An idiot for sure.

Hedo... if you have the stomache for it... look at the 'in other news' story under the story you linked: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/california-man-charged-with-killing-newborn-daughter/ar-AA8Gwlu?ocid=HPCDHP

Un-freaking-believable.

A 'similar' case came up in the DP thread... and I thought that was a once in lifetime crime. Apparently not. It's no longer toddlers for some... it's now infants.

Sometimes it's better not to look too far into world news.

Regardless... this 'idiot' qualifies for the lowest of threads we could possibly offer.

I am literally sick to my stomach right now reading what that fuck did to his daughter. that is the sickest thing I've ever read.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• paulonious wrote: »
    hedonist wrote: »

An idiot for sure.

Hedo... if you have the stomache for it... look at the 'in other news' story under the story you linked: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/california-man-charged-with-killing-newborn-daughter/ar-AA8Gwlu?ocid=HPCDHP

Un-freaking-believable.

A 'similar' case came up in the DP thread... and I thought that was a once in lifetime crime. Apparently not. It's no longer toddlers for some... it's now infants.

Sometimes it's better not to look too far into world news.

Regardless... this 'idiot' qualifies for the lowest of threads we could possibly offer.

I am literally sick to my stomach right now reading what that fuck did to his daughter. that is the sickest thing I've ever read.

Yah. Horrendous. Well, in fact, it's worse than that. There truly isn't an accurate descriptor for such an incident.

It was so awful, I considered not even mentioning it. I bet you're kind of wishing I hadn't, eh? Sorry.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    If ISIS hasn't been mentioned here nows the time. Burning that pilot alive was a huge mistake. I'd rather be beheaded than burned alive. Jordan is going to fuck them up with a shit ton of help.
  • Let's lighten things up a little in here with other idiots
    darwin-awards-2014-05.jpg
  • Let's lighten things up a little in here with other idiots
    darwin-awards-2014-05.jpg

An idiot on many levels. For example... armed robbery for change (zero concept of risk reward).

Idiots.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Anyone else ever seen LA Story?

It poked fun at the culture of this city, and one of the bits was getting a reservation at a popular restaurant pronounced "Lidioh" - actual name, "L'Idiot".
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Dirtbag Family Teaches Six-Year-Old "Stranger Danger" By Kidnapping Him

In a disturbing lesson about not talking to strangers, a six-year-old boy was forced to endure four terrifying hours of being "kidnapped" by his family members. The boy's mother, aunt, and grandmother allegedly conspired with a gas station employee to abduct the child, hold him at gunpoint, and threaten to sell him into sex slavery.

According to the St. Louis Dispatch, Denise Kroutil, the boy's aunt, enlisted the help of Nathan Firoved, 23, whom she worked with at a gas station. Firoved, police say, lured the boy into his pickup truck on his walk home from school this past Monday. He allegedly told the boy he would "never see his mommy again" and that he was going to be "nailed to the wall of a shed." The horrifying story goes on:
    ....... (follow link for rest of story)

newsfeed.gawker.com/dirtbag-family-teaches-six-year-old-stranger-danger-b-1684208838
    Saw the story this morning and I was floored at the sheer...IDIOCY of these women. Can you imagine how scarred this little boy is from the experience, and now being in protective custody? Although him being away from those three can't be a bad thing...

Pretty fucked up.
  • Referring to the fake kidnapping incident... how does one person not stop to think, "Hey. Wait a second. This is a bad idea, gang"?

Just sheer stupidity.
    This Guy Jumped Off a 10-Story Building While on Fire Because Why Not

god bless russia ...

gizmodo.com/this-guy-jumped-off-a-10-story-building-while-on-fire-b-1684521111
  • Jason P said:

This Guy Jumped Off a 10-Story Building While on Fire Because Why Not

god bless russia ...

gizmodo.com/this-guy-jumped-off-a-10-story-building-while-on-fire-b-1684521111

Like... what could possibly go wrong?
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    The snow cushioned his fall and put the fire out. Smart.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    What is with this overwhelming urge to post a photo of something - ANYTHING - at the risk of whatever?

It's like the plane that crashed in Colorado because some dumbass just had to take selfies.

Narcissistic idiots.
  • The snow cushioned his fall and put the fire out. Smart.

If you ever find yourself on the edge of a building and you are on fire... jumping into the snow bank might be smart given no other option.

Purposely placing yourself in such a position... not so smart.
    I guess he ended up getting arrested. I like how the cops in the video are looking around stunned like they just witnessed a human giving birth to a koala bear. That super crazy even by Russian standards.

He is lucky this story didn't get filed in the Darwin Award thread. He would have been a strong contender for this years awards.
    he was a professional stuntman, no?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

he was a professional stuntman, no?

No, just a professional idiot.
    Jason P said:

I guess he ended up getting arrested. I like how the cops in the video are looking around stunned like they just witnessed a human giving birth to a koala bear. That super crazy even by Russian standards.

He is lucky this story didn't get filed in the Darwin Award thread. He would have been a strong contender for this years awards.

I laughed at that.

HFD, he is a stuntman but still...the point of setting yourself on fire and filming it escapes me. And I love how the article asks if he's a hero or crazy. The fuck is heroic about this?

Maybe the writer of the article should be nominated as well.

(and sorry, but after driving back to work with the numbnuts that make up most LA drivers, my tolerance for idiots is pretty low at the moment =) )

hedonist said:

Jason P said:

I laughed at that.

HFD, he is a stuntman but still...the point of setting yourself on fire and filming it escapes me. And I love how the article asks if he's a hero or crazy. The fuck is heroic about this?

Maybe the writer of the article should be nominated as well.

(and sorry, but after driving back to work with the numbnuts that make up most LA drivers, my tolerance for idiots is pretty low at the moment =) )

I assumed they meant "hero" as in like having superhero powers, not as in save-a-cat-from-a-burning-building hero.

the point of any stunt escapes me. the guy tightroping across niagara falls. the guy tightroping between mountain peaks.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I sky dived once. I think back on it and without question... I was an idiot.

Just as I was about to jump, I resigned myself to death. I literally thought to myself, "You fukin idiot. What are you doing? If I die... I deserve it. This is stupid."

Those days, they pulled the chute for you as you jumped from the plane. Thank God because I'm not sure I would have been able to gather my wits and pull it myself.

Being on the ground was a great feeling.
    Oh man...tightroping and skydiving - two things I'm pretty sure I'll never attempt.

Thirty, were you thinking / screaming "ohmygodohmygodOHMYGOD" the whole way down? I think I'd be doing that, and then some.
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

The snow cushioned his fall and put the fire out. Smart.

If you ever find yourself on the edge of a building and you are on fire... jumping into the snow bank might be smart given no other option.

Purposely placing yourself in such a position... not so smart.
    lol, right you are
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • hedonist said:

Oh man...tightroping and skydiving - two things I'm pretty sure I'll never attempt.

Thirty, were you thinking / screaming "ohmygodohmygodOHMYGOD" the whole way down? I think I'd be doing that, and then some.

Essentially, I may as well have been a frozen turkey. The only thing I did was feel and hear the rush of air whizzing past my body.

The chute opened and I was brought back to reality from the other dimension I found myself in for those fleeting seconds as I plummeted towards earth. Looking up at my fully inflated chute was one of the most anxiety easing moments in my life.

To give myself some credit, I did nail the landing- no easy task if I measured my landing to my peer group!
  • I just remembered a time in my youth:

My father, uncle and friends took my cousin and I on an overnight snowmobiling and ice fishing trip when we were about 8 years old.

The men left us at the cabin during the days to go do serious sledding while my cousin and I amused ourselves at camp. We climbed up on the roof and began to jump off the roof into the abundant snowfall at the base of the cabin- making our way around always jumping into the deep, fresh snow. Of course, as luck would have it... on my 6th or 7th jump, I landed squarely on a picnic table with about 3 inches of snow. I slammed my head on my knees and cried for a while- it could have been worse.

That Russian dude is lucky there wasn't anything buried beneath the snow. Landing on a stake or something else wouldn't have felt that good.

I just remembered a time in my youth:

My father, uncle and friends took my cousin and I on an overnight snowmobiling and ice fishing trip when we were about 8 years old.

The men left us at the cabin during the days to go do serious sledding while my cousin and I amused ourselves at camp. We climbed up on the roof and began to jump off the roof into the abundant snowfall at the base of the cabin- making our way around always jumping into the deep, fresh snow. Of course, as luck would have it... on my 6th or 7th jump, I landed squarely on a picnic table with about 3 inches of snow. I slammed my head on my knees and cried for a while- it could have been worse.

That Russian dude is lucky there wasn't anything buried beneath the snow. Landing on a stake or something else wouldn't have felt that good.

and nowadays such a thing would be a crime!

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited February 2015
    lol....reminds me of NYE 1992.....trippin balls....thought it would be a good idea to watch the fireworks downtown from the roof of my friends house, during a big house party. We climbed out a window and up on to the roof of his two storey. Of course, being Edmonton, it was -30C and we were cool 18 year olds = all in tshirts....so after the fireworks, we were in a hurry to get back inside. Hard to describe the roof layout, but there was only a small path to descend back to the edge where the window was....the guy behind me put his hands on my back...didn't really push me, but just that distraction was enough to make me lose my footing on the snow/ice. Trying to grab shingles, then the gutter, as I slid down the roof with a beer in each hand didn't work so well. Fell from the second storey, through a tree, past the picture window in the dining room (must've looked hilarious from inside), missed the fence by a foot or two, and landed in a snow bank flat on my back. I was scared to move for a few seconds (and was recovering from the visuals ha)....finally realized I was ok, and stood up to a big crowd out on the deck. Held up both hands and yelled 'I didn't even spill my beer!' and everyone cheered. Like a scene out of a bad frat movie. Idiot.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

lol....reminds me of NYE 1992.....trippin balls....thought it would be a good idea to watch the fireworks downtown from the roof of my friends house, during a big house party. We climbed out a window and up on to the roof of his two storey. Of course, being Edmonton, it was -30C and we were cool 18 year olds = all in tshirts....so after the fireworks, we were in a hurry to get back inside. Hard to describe the roof layout, but there was only a small path to descend back to the edge where the window was....the guy behind me put his hands on my back...didn't really push me, but just that distraction was enough to make me lose my footing on the snow/ice. Trying to grab shingles, then the gutter, as I slid down the roof with a beer in each hand didn't work so well. Fell from the second storey, through a tree, past the picture window in the dining room (must've looked hilarious from inside), missed the fence by a foot or two, and landed in a snow bank flat on my back. I was scared to move for a few seconds (and was recovering from the visuals ha)....finally realized I was ok, and stood up to a big crowd out on the deck. Held up both hands and yelled 'I didn't even spill my beer!' and everyone cheered. Like a scene out of a bad frat movie. Idiot.

Booze,New years eve,Ice and Canadians tripping balls.Dangerous combo Drowned.But way to stick the landing and not spill the beer.

Ha! It's a good thing 18 year old males are built like crash test dummies! Add some Carhart coveralls and you are goddamn indestructible.

I had a similar experience in high school. There was a huge keggar being held at an isolated barn in the middle of the countryside that had a metal pool that if shimmied, could gain access to the roof of the barn that was probably around 30 feet off the ground. Of course someone came up with the idea of climbing it to drink beers on the roof. So while up there my beer ran out so I went to the pole to shimmy back down ... I said "later dudes" and instantly slipped and fell to the ground.

Luckily it was summer time, just recently rained, and i landed in a bush of weeds. Someone ran over, probably sure I was dead, and I just stood up and grabbed the beer out of his hands and chugged it, much to the delight of the crowd.

Jason P: Certified idiot.

Thank god we had no GoPro cameras in the 90's or I probably wouldn't be posting on this site today ...
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

I sky dived once. I think back on it and without question... I was an idiot.

Just as I was about to jump, I resigned myself to death. I literally thought to myself, "You fukin idiot. What are you doing? If I die... I deserve it. This is stupid."

Those days, they pulled the chute for you as you jumped from the plane. Thank God because I'm not sure I would have been able to gather my wits and pull it myself.

Being on the ground was a great feeling.

Thirty you conquered fear. Most don't have the fortitude.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    JP. Love all your pics and clips. Appreciate time spent on capturing the thread/subject.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG