Options

FAKE LISTING - DO NOT PURCHASE

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Bottom line, this dudes fucked. Wire fraud is no joke
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Damn, just saw the updates in the thread... Luckily, I paid through goods/services. Sorry for those that lost money... :(
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    I bought a moline shirt from him a while ago - no problems - great guy to deal with ... something weird happened here for sure
  • Options
    Crack is not a drug but a way of life...
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    This guy is either an extreme compulsive liar who actually thinks he can screw over multiple people with the same interests and give them all the same BS story, or all of his excuses & explanations were written by M. Night Shyamalan.
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    edited February 2015
    I think this is a new low any way you look at it. Either someone hacked a bunch of his accounts or this is one of the bigger scams I've ever seen on these boards!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    null
    He said he has not sold anything or been on in a year so how did he sell you a moline shirt. So he's a liar
  • Options
    I'll believe his story when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    I hope you guys get your money back and this guy gets what he deserves. No family and friends paying for me anymore...
    That's the first time I see someone scamming here. I also thought about buying the Moline AP for 200$ and was surprised that it took such a long time until it was sold. And that nobody talked about the cheap price of the strange looking "Eddie" signature was odd, too. So as a non-expert I didn't speak out as well.
  • Options
    VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    VS is the soundtrack to this thread.
  • Options
    If the individual in question was supposedly hacked why would one edit the original thread? Wouldn't one want to keep that for evidence on proof that he was hacked? And if he was hacked wouldn't the original thread been pulled.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    To bad DS isn't here to investigate.
  • Options
    My brother uses a similar forum for paintball where there is a community based secondary/trade market. When /if people are hacked, a moderator or admin of the forum will delete the thread and typically resolve the issue between parties, working along side paypal in instances. Where fees were paid and without paypal in instances of fraud as our own.
    I would assume the administrators have either not been asked by the OP to close the thread, which is suspect when you look at the number of views and replies this thread has, or that it is being left open for the purpose of being used as evidence and allow other victims to come forward.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    The admins can also likely see the IPs of all posts made, so they should be able to get information about the location of the OP and cross check that with other posts from the OP. I know people post from multiple IPs these days between mobile devices and desktop devices, but if the IPs match his other posting history, he's busted. If different, some further investigation can be done.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote: »
    The admins can also likely see the IPs of all posts made, so they should be able to get information about the location of the OP and cross check that with other posts from the OP. I know people post from multiple IPs these days between mobile devices and desktop devices, but if the IPs match his other posting history, he's busted. If different, some further investigation can be done.

Admins CAN see all posts, both pre- and post-edit or deletion. I'd hope that they would keep this thread open for reasons mentioned above...
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote: »

Oh, you were speaking to the IP addresses - I'd imagine that can also easily be obtained.
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    @supernaut1125

easiest way to clear your name is answer the question:

WHO SENT THE VITALOGY BOOK?

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    How about also answering who posted the pictures of Moline #1? Does he not in fact own this print? Older posts suggest that he does which begs the question where the photos on this thread came from...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    wwsuicide wrote: »
    badbrains wrote: »
    And another thing, shouldn't the OP be getting all these responses in his email? It should've been notifying him every time someone posts in here.
    I think you have to select to have that option in your profile....i think...

You can turn off any and all notifications.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    How about also answering who posted the pictures of Moline #1? Does he not in fact own this print? Older posts suggest that he does which begs the question where the photos on this thread came from...

If I remember correctly, some were just stock pics
  • Options
    MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
    I asked for pictures of the McCready guitar pick and he sent me 2 pictures of the pick taken on a yellow legal pad. Have not found any "stock" pictures of that on Google yet.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    oh boy.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    Im late on this... but has anything been rectified? What exactly happened? Hacked PP account and sales from that address?
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    The post clearly had a picture showing the Moline poster was #d 1 of 10 -- I don't think they were stock photos unless they put up that photo on the site before the onsale, which I don't think they did.
  • Options
    supernaut1125supernaut1125 Denver, CO Posts: 255
    PayPal has taken over this matter and should be issuing refunds to anyone that was involved in this very soon. They also have told me to tell anyone that didn't receive goods to file a claim, as any money sent will be covered under their Buyer Protection.
    I am truly sorry this happened to anyone here but I did not have anything to do with it and only became aware of it last night. I'm sure my reputation has been ruined on here and that is understandable. I am now in the process of having to wipe my identity of any of this wrong doing and will take months to get credit restored. This was only the tip of the iceberg on what this hacker has caused to me and don't expect anyone to understand, or care. I would have a hard time believing some of what took place too, but from dealing with a hacker years ago; it is all too familiar. Fortunately that time it was only my social media sites I frequented that were being attacked, this time it was my finances and credit.
    So I do apologize again for this whole shit storm. I hope that all your money that you spent is returned to you immediately and it helps to put an end to anymore false speculation.
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    so.....WHO SENT THE VITALOGY BOOK??????
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    That's BS I tried to file a claim and it was denied because I sent to friends like your Pm asked to. So if we did not send it with goods and services we get nothing back. Like most have done. So no refunds for them either. Don't say it was not yours. Because like I posted earlier how does one edit a hacked page? A
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    The Moline A/P #1/100 is definitely supernaut1125's poster - he posted that he received it in the 2014 US Merch thread.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JohnnieBeBlueJohnnieBeBlue Posts: 627
    edited February 2015
    And he deletes that comment in the 2014 merch thread in 5,4,3,2...
    Post edited by JohnnieBeBlue on
This discussion has been closed.