Options

Charlie Hebdo Paris shooting: 12 dead after gunmen storm newspaper's HQ

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Birds eye view from the raid at the grocery store today, Warning, you see the hostage taker get killed.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=869_1420833044
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Another view, not as graphic. Very interesting to see how the raid went down, all the organized chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzIhRiqz0
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    mickeyrat wrote: »

Definitely, and it's not just FOX News that is missing the whole picture. Yep, no surprise there. Thanks, Mickey.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    dignin wrote: »
    Birds eye view from the raid at the grocery store today, Warning, you see the hostage taker get killed.

That made my night, thanks for sharing. Our world is so Fucked!!! Worldwide Suicide
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    muskydan wrote: »

That made my night, thanks for sharing. Our world is so Fucked!!! Worldwide Suicide

How did it make your night, muskydan or are you being facetious (I hope!)? Not the whole world, but yes, so much of it is fucked up. Innocent people killed, and the others who survived but have to live with the horrors? Terrible.

Terrible things like this will continue and none of this will change until these things happen:
    -Religious fanatics come to their senses
    -A widespread decrease in racism, homophobia and bigotry
    -The general populous and certain media stop making generalizations about groups of people based on these fringe fanatics
    -Increased and improved distribution of food, goods and medical supplies especially (obviously) in third world countries
    -Widespread improvement of educational opportunities, especially in third world countries
    -Greater availability of fresh water where needed
    -Lowering of human population through birth control
    -A healthy environment and an increase and connection of wild lands (yes, I'm serious- this is related)
    - Alternative clean energy sources replaces oil (ditto the above)
    -The great wealth of creativity is shared between cultures (this is already being done at great risk by people who surreptitiously sneak music in and out of places like Iran and Bhutan) (ditto the above)

Yes, the world is fucked. Thank you for motivating me to try harder to do something about it in whatever small way I'm able.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    brianlux wrote: »

How did it make your night, muskydan or are you being facetious (I hope!)? Not the whole world, but yes, so much of it is fucked up. Innocent people killed, and the others who survived but have to live with the horrors? Terrible.

Terrible things like this will continue and none of this will change until these things happen:
    -The general populous and certain media stop making generalizations about groups of people based on these fringe fanatics
    -Increased and improved distribution of food, goods and medical supplies especially (obviously) in third world countries
    -Widespread improvement of educational opportunities, especially in third world countries
    -A healthy environment and an increase and connection of wild lands (yes, I'm serious- this is related)
    -The great wealth of creativity is shared between cultures (this is already being done at great risk by people who surreptitiously sneak music in and out of places like Iran and Bhutan) (ditto the above)

Yes, the world is fucked. Thank you for motivating me to try harder to do something about it in whatever small way I'm able.

You wrote that like you're changes should be written on a stone somewhere…..but you obviously made some good suggestions, but as we all know….Talk is cheap

To answer you're question, someone as idealist as you might think a simple guy like me is sick in that I got a sense of enjoyment from watching a POS terrorist get turned into swiss cheese. What can I say, I have always like it when "the Bad Guys" get what's coming to them. In my fucked up mind those oxygen thieves got off easy.

Maybe I will go plant a tree tomorrow….Well I would if it wasn't -5 outside…..perhaps I will just go to the gun range and sight in my AR and shred some paper...
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    This tweet is generating some crazy BUZZ. The comments are pretty one sided which I didn't expect:

• Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    Total bs: I don't understand why they should be held responsible.

This is just a minority of people. They're terrosits, not muslims.

B655Kr7IYAAED_Q.jpg:large
    It means: "In case you're mistaken", "This is a terrorist", "This is a muslim".

The cop on the right was a muslim, Kouashi didn't hesitate to shoot him.

@Dimi: about Montpellier, it was a hold up. The guy finally surrendered. ;)
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    edited January 2015
    What strikes me in reading trough all the comments, is that the point these terrorist fight for is in action right here on this forum. These terrorists shot the staff of CH because they couldn't deal with the right for freedom off speech! In this threat it seems to me as if a lot of you does share the same point of view....

Nobody is born to hate and only a few are nurtured to hate, it's a choice each individual makes for himself! It's our own responsibility what we chose, but society as a whole has also a responsibility. For about many years we demonize a whole religion. "All Muslims are bad, and if they're not all bad, they must distance themselves from the extremists, if they don't apologize for the behavior of these extremists, they condone it, and therefor are bad themselves."

But why on earth do they have to apologize? Because they happen to share the same religious background? It the same as saying all white people have to apologize for the KKK because of the color of there skin. Or saying that all African Americans have to apologize for the behavior of gang members because of the color off their skin. Or saying that all Jews have to apologize for the slaughter of Palestinians. (Which some of you do seem to agree with). Or saying that all Palestinians have to apologize about the actions of Hamas (Which other people here seems to agree with). Every religion, race or skin color has it's fare share of nutcases. But it doesn't mean that such a group as a whole does share the same believes. All these nutcases, have a different view on life. So one man's hero is an other man's nutcase. There is no absolute right or wrong in this world, there is only difference in perspective....

My own right is fighting with words. I draw the line by violence. Doesn't matter who starts, every form of violence I find despicable. But that's just my opinion....

Lets not get divided, because then the terrorists get exactly what they want, Censorship in progress!
    Everyone has the freedom of speech and belief, lets honor that, at least at this forum!

JesuisCharlieaussi_zps7008a007.jpg
    Post edited by Aafke on
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Muskydan with the mockery yet again folks!
    =D>
    Mr Lux's post didnt warrant that sort of contempt, at least some folks here are interested in finding solutions and not just making a joke of lives lost and devastation suffered.

It IS a little sick that the video "made your day". Being glad the scum was eliminated is one thing, for it to overpower the tragedy of tje victims and make you happy is a step toward darkness. Some of the psychiatrists who profile criminals migjt label that as mild sociopathy. I suppose anyone on the force long enough turns into a sociopath though, cause and effect I guess.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Thank you for that post Mickey, it's always nice to see Fox and CNN get put in their place. Sadly, the folks who need to hear such messages wouldn't listen anyway
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    Not all Muslims are responsible....obviously. But, the leaders of the worlds Muslim community must take the lead in the "fight".

It's a war of the mind, and we need those that help dictate how others think to lead.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Cincy, I totally agree but its hard to see it happening. Religious institutions are loathe to do anything that might weaken their foundations, and attacking extremism at it's heart (religious fundamentalism) would weaken their institutions. The Catholic Church should lead the fight against sexual abuse, but they would have to undermine their own authority... Not gonna happen.
    The leaders of the Muslim world will always sincerely denounce, but I don't see them taking the steps that secularists agree are necessary.
  • Options
    Rgambs -

I do agree. And if they don't...then they have a large share of ownership here imo.

It is funny how quickly some are to cast a wide net at Christians and the religious right yet they try to separate it when it comes to Muslims. And, then the other side that separates it when it's christians but blame all Muslims.

But if the leaders of any religion are unwilling to take the hard stance necessary against those that use their religion for terrible, misguided acts of terror or horror....they own it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hard to have the leaders of the Muslim world lead the fight when they're in bed with either side. Filling their fat pockets with our blood money or filling their thirst for blood with their own peoples souls.
  • Options
    Again in my opinion all religious leaders are doing this...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
  • Options
    Too true BB!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Exactly Badbrains...that's what I have been trying to say the whole time!
  • Options
    And that's why it's accurate to say the religion owns this.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    So you're expecting the religion to wrangle up a few so called "real" Muslims? Ones who have ZERO respect for life and ZERO respect to their own so called religion. Ones who have no care wether you're a Muslim, Jew or christian. I'm gonna say this for the millionth time, these evil fuckers are NOT Muslim. And if their is a god, they will be the FIRST to burn in hell. Well maybe not the first, but a close second. I'm sure their puppet masters would be the first "batch" going to hell.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,901
    this goes so far back. As far back as the crusades and before. from the kings and queens of europe thinking they were superior and could subjugate peoples in other lands.

Memory dies hard in tribal peoples. Same throughout history with any peoples. mistrust of others due to overeaching of one party over another.

France was a chief perp in this so long ago. That history does not justify nor excuse what we see today , but it goes a long way to explain it. "WE" are just the latest in a long line of one fucking over another. Eventually the one getting fucked will strike back.

So not just "religion" "OWNS" this. we all do. from the people we put into power to the bullshit we buy from corps doing the exploiting today. WE OWN THIS. HUMANITY OWNS THIS. Fucking parasites we are.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Bravo Mickey, good solid words right there. Humanity does own this.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    edited January 2015
    this goes so far back. As far back as the crusades and before. from the kings and queens of europe thinking they were superior and could subjugate peoples in other lands.

Memory dies hard in tribal peoples. Same throughout history with any peoples. mistrust of others due to overeaching of one party over another.

France was a chief perp in this so long ago. That history does not justify nor excuse what we see today , but it goes a long way to explain it. "WE" are just the latest in a long line of one fucking over another. Eventually the one getting fucked will strike back.

So not just "religion" "OWNS" this. we all do. from the people we put into power to the bullshit we buy from corps doing the exploiting today. WE OWN THIS. HUMANITY OWNS THIS. Fucking parasites we are.

I disagree. I don't own anything that these terrorists do, and we need to stop making excuses for their evil. This is not 1 or 2 bad people running around, there are hundreds of thousands of them all over the world. You have ISIS taking over cities. These are not isolated events and we've all read that Muslims kill the most Muslims so the problem is even worse (their idealogy has them kill anyone in their way). This is a huge problem and getting worse. There is no quality of life when you live in fear.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    I completely agree on this one, Mickey! Humanity owns this!
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Nope. Humanity does not. That is a dodge of responsibilities.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/01/09/stop-pretending-terrorism-has-nothing-to-do-with-islam/
  • Options
    Aafke wrote: »
    Again in my opinion all religious leaders are doing this...

What do you mean? What are the all doing?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Aafke wrote: »
    I completely agree on this one, Mickey! Humanity owns this!

That would be like a woman who is beat up by her spouse saying, "Well, I did leave the house today to buy some milk and bread for the kids so I deserved it."

You can own it and make excuses and give in to all of their demands (meaning you surrender).
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,901

I disagree. I don't own anything that these terrorists do, and we need to stop making excuses for their evil. This is not 1 or 2 bad people running around, there are hundreds of thousands of them all over the world. You have ISIS taking over cities. These are not isolated events and we've all read that Muslims kill the most Muslims so the problem is even worse (their idealogy has them kill anyone in their way). This is a huge problem and getting worse. There is no quality of life when you live in fear.

who have you voted for since you were eligible to vote? How much gas do you buy per year? what kind of material possessions do you own and seek to buy? ALL of that plays its part.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    Catholicism has had a pedophilia problem for decades. It is not an indictment of all Catholics to say this, nor is it taken that way when the issue is discussed.

Islam has an extremist problem. It is not an indictment of all Muslims to say this, yet it is often taken that way when the issue is discussed.

The savages who attacked that newspaper and the hate mongers who teach in the madrases (sp?) are both perverting Islam, but they are both very much a part of the current state of Islam. I don't how Muslims should go about combating or changing this current state of affairs, but I do think recognizing that this menace does exist within the religion is a start.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    brianlux wrote: »

Lots of good stuff here Bri.I think all or must of us on these here boards would and do live these things it's the rest of the world who needs to wake up.