Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

boyo79 said:

Did the other Vault releases come with downloads? I'm not lucky enough to own any of those.

Nope
    10c did send a download link for Vault 3 vinyl orders.

Well son of a bitch. I don't believe I ever got one for V3. Damn!!
    I remember getting the link, can't remember if it was in the order history on the purchase of the vinyl. Either way, I never played the download - I waited til the vinyl arrived to hear it. Was worth the wait!

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    i've never really bitched about the postage until now , record $50 ok i can live with that for a triple
    but $37 for shipping ( guessing it doesn't really cost that much at all , im pissed at that really plus , if those bastards on the customs at the royal mail collar it , ill have to pay their £8 charge ( customs clearance ) , plus the VAT on anything over £18 , the bastard thing is they come through Belgium as well , which is why they take so long !!! hopefully this will get missed and allowed through fingers crossed hey ? my main issues are the length of time , i purchased a poster from samon3973 ( thank you ) took a week to get here WTF posted 1/11/2014 - who ever 10c use must admit they are shite !!!! rant over cant wait for the record to turn up to some time next year for the UK
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    rock4ever said:

i've never really bitched about the postage until now , record $50 ok i can live with that for a triple
    but $37 for shipping ( guessing it doesn't really cost that much at all , im pissed at that really plus , if those bastards on the customs at the royal mail collar it , ill have to pay their £8 charge ( customs clearance ) , plus the VAT on anything over £18 , the bastard thing is they come through Belgium as well , which is why they take so long !!! hopefully this will get missed and allowed through fingers crossed hey ? my main issues are the length of time , i purchased a poster from samon3973 ( thank you ) took a week to get here WTF posted 1/11/2014 - who ever 10c use must admit they are shite !!!! rant over cant wait for the record to turn up to some time next year for the UK

It does seem like a lot, but it also depends on how they are shipping it. If they are shipping express then it is right on. I just mailed a single record from California to the UK regular airmail and it was about $20. International shipping just sucks. I hate when I have to pay high shipping when I am buying records from Europe. And this does seem like it's going to be a heavy package. Good luck with customs!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited November 2014
    boyo79 said:

boyo79 said:

Did the other Vault releases come with downloads? I'm not lucky enough to own any of those.

Nope
    10c did send a download link for Vault 3 vinyl orders.

Well son of a bitch. I don't believe I ever got one for V3. Damn!!
    I remember getting the link, can't remember if it was in the order history on the purchase of the vinyl. Either way, I never played the download - I waited til the vinyl arrived to hear it. Was worth the wait!

Did it come with a download? I do have the file... but have no memory of how I got it. It didn't come in the vinyl order history (I just checked). And I don't recall a download code being sent with it. It would be unusal for 10C to email a file. So I'm wondering if I didn't just get the digital file from a member who bought the CD and shared it with me, meaning the vinyl didn't come with a download. I just can't remember. :-/
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited November 2014
    If you bought the Vault 3 vinyl then you know how it's packed and why the shipping is so high. I'd rather pay a little more in shipping so it arrives in one piece than receive a vinyl puzzle using $4.00 media mail.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

If you bought the Vault 3 vinyl then you know how it's packed and why the shipping is so high. I'd rather pay a little more in shipping so it arrives in one piece than receive a vinyl puzzle using $4.00 media mail.

The Vault vinyl is $80 CND and I think including shipping, and I think it's fully worth it. That package even for $80 is okay. $55 or whatever it is before shipping is pretty damn cheap IMO, considering the quality of it and the packaging. I hope they start putting these out a couple times a year, or even quarterly or something. I want a whole shelf full of these! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    JK_Livin said:

The packaging for their Vault 3 vinyl release was amazing!!

Vault 4 vinyl shipped to Canada was $37.49 for s&h. Last year, Vault 3 vinyl was shipped to Canada for only $4.96 s&h. This price was before the dark times. Before the UPS empire! :P
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    I see all these new posts to this thread and I got excited that maybe some people got shipping notifications. No more posts until someone gets a shipping notification dammit! :))
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,959
    With regards to Vault 3, it did come with a download but for some reason it was taken off our order histories. I got in touch with 10c because I didn't download it in time and they send me a link no problem.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    RP112579 said:

I see all these new posts to this thread and I got excited that maybe some people got shipping notifications. No more posts until someone gets a shipping notification dammit! :))

Will do. Whoops!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Whenevwr I buy dth from pop market comes via UPS, it's more expensive, but s&h are included, also customs taxes, most times, hope it comes with tracking this time...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    tino_11 said:

With regards to Vault 3, it did come with a download but for some reason it was taken off our order histories. I got in touch with 10c because I didn't download it in time and they send me a link no problem.

Oh, okay. Nice to know how i got it, lol. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Options
    Check your mail today in Europe for Pearl Jam's Vault 4 vinyl orders!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/241097/vault-four-on-my-turntable-in-the-uk

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Dead Man Walking is missing from the vinyl release.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    demetrios said:

JK_Livin said:

Vault 4 vinyl shipped to Canada was $37.49 for s&h. Last year, Vault 3 vinyl was shipped to Canada for only $4.96 s&h. This price was before the dark times. Before the UPS empire! :P
    Shipping packaging for Vault 4 is nowhere near as good as this - thin bubble wrap around the vinyl.
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    savegringosavegringo Posts: 73
    edited December 2014
    Can I second how poor the packing is? There are no stiffeners in there at all, very thin bubble wrap. I got two copies and both have dinks on the bottom corner of the sleeve (the corners of the mailer were not even taped and my postman left them outside my front door, lucky it didn't rain).

The positives are obviously the very quick shipping (to the UK) and that no customs duties have to be paid.

It looks like they have manufactured in the Czech Republic and each individual record has been boxed (with the thin bubble wrap and central tape). Having dealt with GZ through brokers before for my manufacturing, I suspect that each individual box has been put into larger boxes (5/6 to a box), palleted and then couriered over to a UK logistics company, who have then added the mailing label and paid Royal Mail to deliver.

When records are couried on a pallet they tend not to move around and get damaged, but they need additional packaging / care when removed from that pallet and delivered to the customer. I question whether we should be paying $37.49 for "Mail Innovations Standard INT Shipping" when it is actually being sent by Royal Mail 48.

Whether people in the EU but outside the UK / outside the EU have their records delivered the same way remains to be seen...
    Post edited by savegringo on
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    ali_burge said:

demetrios said:

JK_Livin said:

Shipping packaging for Vault 4 is nowhere near as good as this - thin bubble wrap around the vinyl.
    That's disappointing.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

ali_burge said:

demetrios said:

JK_Livin said:

That's disappointing.
    So it wasn't ship in something like Vault 3? @-) Got any photos? I haven't seen any yet. Just your regular standard vinyl shipping box from the 10club? hmm .. I understand if you add 3 Pearl Jam vinyl records in the 10club store, the total amount charged for shipping is $37.49 international. But this is a Vault pressed to order edition vinyl. Should of been packaged & shipped out as good as the Vault 3 editions.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    ali_burge said:

demetrios said:

JK_Livin said:

makes me very nervous.......... :-SS

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Heard the UK ones were shipped from Czech Republic....Maybe US will be different
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    leekstokieleekstokie Stoke-on-Trent - UK Posts: 901
    Mine arrived today. All good, i'm happy.. Packaging was nothing special so understand the complaints from others considering the cost of shipping.
    Arrived in the same style box as Vault 3, the vinyl was wrapped in a small thin piece of bubble wrap and then the usual factory seal.
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    boyo79 said:

That's disappointing, especially if it wasn't mentioned in the item description when it was for sale. Hopefully the CD/Digital Download includes it.
  • Options

boyo79 said:

That's disappointing, especially if it wasn't mentioned in the item description when it was for sale. Hopefully the CD/Digital Download includes it.
    It totally is disappointing. Because the complete show, including Dead Man (3:46 running time), has been shared in the trading community for many many years. How did this not make it on the Vault 4 release?

It's a Pearl Jam song. Not a cover song.
    http://pearljam.com/music/lyrics/all/all/20840/dead_man_walking

There's no technical problems with this audio file that we have been sharing.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I had a parcel pickup notification in my mailbox from Santos today. Not sure if its a poster or the vault. I will be hitting up the post office tomorrow morning
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Every LP I have ever received from 10club has been damaged, I hope this one comes damaged as well so it will fit in with the rest.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    TinAnt said:

Every LP I have ever received from 10club has been damaged, I hope this one comes damaged as well so it will fit in with the rest.

=))
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

It totally is disappointing. Because the complete show, including Dead Man (3:46 running time), has been shared in the trading community for many many years. How did this not make it on the Vault 4 release?

Almost all of their live vinyl releases have been incomplete. that Orpheum debacle was nonsense. What the fuck is the point? Whoever makes these decisions obviously doesn't have a clue.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

Almost all of their live vinyl releases have been incomplete. that Orpheum debacle was nonsense. What the fuck is the point? Whoever makes these decisions obviously doesn't have a clue.

Couldn't agree more. Cutting that song off is terrible. What is the reasoning?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

I wonder who sits there and says "let's omit" these songs. And no one says why?
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    How much dead wax is there? Maybe the decision was based on run times for the LPs?