Options

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PEARL JAM FAN CROWDFUND CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ_Soul said:

IBTL ;)

Every time I click on one of these threads I just kind of laugh. I know they did add a show in Newcastle in 2006 and Eddie started reading the names off the petition on the bootleg, and thanked the guys who got it going... but I am sure they just want to pretend this whole thing isn't even happening, probably even the Wishlist one and we all know they actually talk about/endorse Wishlist stuff.

This whole thing just feels too random. Why would you purposely pick a venue that EVERYONE says has an early noise curfew? I guess it would be easy for the band to play and NOT be expected to play a 3 hour show for once these days... :) Anyway good luck to everyone who chips in and can get to NY.

They picked that venue because the organizers live right by it. They can just walk to the show. For everyone else, it seems like a bad venue, but for the two or three organizers it's the greatest venue of all time, lol.
    Ohhh well then that makes sense. :)

ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    i haven't read a single word of any of the (now) 3 threads on this topic. whatever this campaign is, it's laughable. if there's a fan in this fanbase, who doesn't know that PJ does it Ed's way or no way... that fan is delusional. selfish for either side (the "whoever" vs. the Wishlist) to think that they are the superior ones. my bet is that EV and the gang ignore this newest petition. none of the guys in PJ need anything, from any fan, for the rest of their lives. who knows what Dave Grohl needs... riding 20 year old shirt tails? he's good. i like the music. but FF ain't PJ. i'm kinda sick of seeing this shit at the top of the porch... oh, and what did PJ_Soul say to get named in the article??

\m/
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I guess any publicity is good for the band cuz I believe they could've put a stop to this long ago. But yet they haven't said yes/no.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    too busy in the studio
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    I had a stealth behind the scenes crowd source for Moline. You all can thank me later. ;)
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    My bet is that the band scattered after the tour. No new business until after the holidays. They might not all even know about this yet.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I don't think the band should ever have to acknowledge it, but probably need to at some point so it goes away. It hasn't raised much money so it may get to the point where it fizzles out on its own.
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630

Let the band plan their tour. I dont want wishlist or this group speaking for us

This please...not even sure why PJ just does't just use their own Vitalogy Foundation from now on and cut out all the drama and nonsense.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I don't think the band should ever have to acknowledge it, but probably need to at some point so it goes away. It hasn't raised much money so it may get to the point where it fizzles out on its own.

Absolutely with you on the bolded part.
  • Options
    IMO doing one of these would set a bad precedent. You would have these popping up everywhere for "bring PJ back to Florida", Texas, East Troy... etc. Swings the door open for a fraudulent person. Would be bad press.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    oh and by the way....bring PJ back to Europe... ;) lol
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    jamburger said:
    His response is priceless. Way to go insulting anyone who may have contributed but also happens to read Stereogum.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    october22 said:

jamburger said:
    His response is priceless. Way to go insulting anyone who may have contributed but also happens to read Stereogum.
    Hidden due to low comment rating

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Bubba said:

Let the band plan their tour. I dont want wishlist or this group speaking for us

This please...not even sure why PJ just does't just use their own Vitalogy Foundation from now on and cut out all the drama and nonsense.

This right here. No drama, no obsessed fans running things.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    lolobugg said:

Hidden due to low comment rating

Not thought with malice, but this is fucking hilarious, sad and ironic all at the same time.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I will say this...because the public relations side of this has been handled so poorly, I no longer have any real doubts that the effort itself is legitimate. If this was a scam of some sort I think it would have been better organized and/or disappeared at the first sign of media attention. Only someone truly committed to their cause would carry on.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    JimmyV said:

I will say this...because the public relations side of this has been handled so poorly, I no longer have any real doubts that the effort itself is legitimate. If this was a scam of some sort I think it would have been better organized and/or disappeared at the first sign of media attention. Only someone truly committed to their cause would carry on.

Tomfoolery.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630

Bubba said:

100% correct

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

i haven't read a single word of any of the (now) 3 threads on this topic. whatever this campaign is, it's laughable. if there's a fan in this fanbase, who doesn't know that PJ does it Ed's way or no way... that fan is delusional. selfish for either side (the "whoever" vs. the Wishlist) to think that they are the superior ones. my bet is that EV and the gang ignore this newest petition. none of the guys in PJ need anything, from any fan, for the rest of their lives. who knows what Dave Grohl needs... riding 20 year old shirt tails? he's good. i like the music. but FF ain't PJ. i'm kinda sick of seeing this shit at the top of the porch... oh, and what did PJ_Soul say to get named in the article??

\m/

Nothing interesting. It was really random (bad luck) that they happened to quote me in particular. I just said that I thought the 10pm curfew was way too early and that the venue sounded pretty crappy, and that I wouldn't be bothered to make it out for a crowdfunded show unless it was at a cooler venue. It basically seems like the reporter closed her eyes and pointed when she picked a quote from the boards and it happened to be mine, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

Bubba said:

Yes!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    JimmyV said:

Burgelflickel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9-huLRWFRQ&feature=player_detailpage
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    PJ_Soul said:

....It basically seems like the reporter closed her eyes and pointed when she picked a quote from the boards and it happened to be mine, lol.

I'm willing to bet that the reporter wanted someone that would be recognized in the article and you easily have the highest post count of anyone commenting in the thread. By no means am I implying that your comments weren't interesting or anything, but slimy reporters like to garner attention and by including a quote of someone that would more likely be familiar to others, they have a better chance of accomplishing that.

I guess what I am saying is rejoice PJ Soul, you are famous.

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    I really think some of this worrying about the band stuff is going a little too far. It's not like they're fragile little flowers that cannot speak up for themselves and what they want to do. I fully trust that if they don't want to do something they won't be "guilted" in to it. I mean we have trusted this band to for 20+ years largely on grounds that they will do the right thing, not the popular thing, are people really and truly worried for them about this? Who cares if someone is being "selfish" about it, it won't change the band's point of view.

To be clear, I think this crowdsource thing is silly in the first place and it most certainly won't work, but the angle about needing to speak out for the band, I just don't get.
  • Options
    A labor of love, we sent this video to Ten Club today. A visual representation of what we are trying to do with the Pearl Jam Fan Crowdfund. Sharing it with you guys. Thank you for your support! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii5vwWCtKC0
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I both love and hate this thread
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited November 2014
    lol, this one is for the band, the fans, the crew, the world

:))

Seriously, thanks for this video. I almost had to go and change due to nearly wetting my pants laughing so hard at this. Where do you come up with this stuff? For the World? :(( :))
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

lol, this one is for the band, the fans, the crew, the world

:))

Seriously, thanks for this video. I almost had to go and change due to nearly wetting my pants laughing so hard at this. Where do you come up with this stuff? For the World? :(( :))

pay per view broadcast?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533

A labor of love, we sent this video to Ten Club today. A visual representation of what we are trying to do with the Pearl Jam Fan Crowdfund. Sharing it with you guys. Thank you for your support! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii5vwWCtKC0

Lol
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

this is awesome

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    imageimageimage
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.