FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PEARL JAM FAN CROWDFUND CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    edited November 2014
    lolobugg said:

shep said:

badbrains said:

Can we all please stop with the "let the band rest" remarks? We're talking about a band that DOESNT have to tour for 17 months straight to promote an album. They play 2 weeks at a time people. NOT to many bands get that luxury.

thank god I'm not the only one saying this...

You want to look at a band that needs rest... ask QOTSA how they feel about their tour post the like clockwork release.... that just ended over 18 months later.... or ask the black keys how they feel at the end of their turn blue world tour...

frankly PJ has it easy for a touring band that "apparently"wants to please it's fans...

no sympathy for them there...

I work 50+ hours a week, 50 weeks of the year... at a job where i can't "have a drink if I wanted one"... ppppppppppppppppffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.....
    QOTSA- agree
    but fuck the Black Keys
    saw them in 2002 or 2003- two albums out at the time. played 1 hour 15 minutes
    saw them again in 2004 or 2005- three albums out played for barely an hour
    for some reason saw them again around 2006/2007- fuckers played for an hour.

never saw them again or have the desire to buy anymore of their shit.
    hardly a hardworking band
    OK if you don't like them, but to say the Black Keys are a hardly working band is just wrong. They are still putting out albums every other year or so, touring the whole world, and are producers on a lot of other stuff. You think they have no talent too?

And they have played hour and half to hour and 45 every time I have seen them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Hahahaha!! I love you Shep!! ;-) no pussy footing around THAT subject!

Several people have made some great points regarding this band doing things.
    POINT ONE: while everyone in the band has major weight in on things, Ed says yes or no. And he is very stubborn, I've trained MULES that gave easier in the end, than what it must be like to get that man to sway on a decided topic!
    POINT TWO: yeah they do two week runs at a stretch these days, cause they are not assholes to their families.. And quite frankly, they have earned that right. Get over it, we had our chance to go see 100 shows a year in 2000-2006, or whatever, I missed all that due to obligation to MY family( stupid mom! Jk mom!).
    POINT THREE: these guys do shit tons for us as fans, that no where NEAR half the other bands on this planet will do for THEIR fans; whom are probably just as greedy and asinine as we are as a whole! But unlike PJ, they don't give a fuck! ( note not every PJ is a greedy fuck.. Some if us get that the band owes us nothing, and are happy for what we do get.. But that seems to be diminishing).
    POINT FOUR: as I stated before, I don't think this guy is doing any harm in trying to do this; however many people are correct in pointing out that once accomplished idiots from around the globe will be launching campaigns.. And that will get ultra stupid, where as this whole debacle is only ridiculous. This guy is not an asshole, just an asshat for thinking this can be done without planning, preparation, proper recourse, or even a fucking CLUE, as to what he's doing. I laugh everytime I think of this thing, cause there's no way this is happening by Oct. of next year!! And definitely not for the mere 500,000 raised if raised at all. I DO commend your effort Dan.. You're fighting a stupid battle really hard.. Imagine what you could do with something that was possible! You're like a human Pit Bull! And, for the most part, that's good.. But most Pit Bulls that latch onto the wrong thing end up getting killed.. And figuratively, that's where I see this going. Sorry but it's the honest to God's truth. You have no fuckjng clue what you're doing.. And you prove that with every single statement. If you had some real and actual help, from people that work in these fields, you might pull this off.. Maybe hire a real promoter?? A real fielding agent?? Cause your foot work here is very sloppy, like sucker mud, or New Mexican Red Mud.. All over the place and dangerous. Sorry but that is the reality. But your tenacity is commendable.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

lolobugg said:

shep said:

badbrains said:

Can we all please stop with the "let the band rest" remarks? We're talking about a band that DOESNT have to tour for 17 months straight to promote an album. They play 2 weeks at a time people. NOT to many bands get that luxury.

thank god I'm not the only one saying this...

You want to look at a band that needs rest... ask QOTSA how they feel about their tour post the like clockwork release.... that just ended over 18 months later.... or ask the black keys how they feel at the end of their turn blue world tour...

frankly PJ has it easy for a touring band that "apparently"wants to please it's fans...

no sympathy for them there...

I work 50+ hours a week, 50 weeks of the year... at a job where i can't "have a drink if I wanted one"... ppppppppppppppppffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.....
    QOTSA- agree
    but fuck the Black Keys
    saw them in 2002 or 2003- two albums out at the time. played 1 hour 15 minutes
    saw them again in 2004 or 2005- three albums out played for barely an hour
    for some reason saw them again around 2006/2007- fuckers played for an hour.

never saw them again or have the desire to buy anymore of their shit.
    hardly a hardworking band
    OK if you don't like them, but to say the Black Keys are a hardly working band is just wrong. They are still putting out albums every other year or so, touring the whole world, and are producers on a lot of other stuff. You think they have no talent too?

And they have played hour and half to hour and 45 every time I have seen them.
    I don't know or care what they are doing now.....
    just telling you that back when I saw them they were a ripoff.....
    first two albums were good after that not so much.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    POINT FOUR: as I stated before, I don't think this guy is doing any harm in trying to do this; however many people are correct in pointing out that once accomplished idiots from around the globe will be launching campaigns.. And that will get ultra stupid, where as this whole debacle is only ridiculous. This guy is not an asshole, just an asshat for thinking this can be done without planning, preparation, proper recourse, or even a fucking CLUE, as to what he's doing. I laugh everytime I think of this thing, cause there's no way this is happening by Oct. of next year!! And definitely not for the mere 500,000 raised if raised at all. I DO commend your effort Dan.. You're fighting a stupid battle really hard.. Imagine what you could do with something that was possible! You're like a human Pit Bull! And, for the most part, that's good.. But most Pit Bulls that latch onto the wrong thing end up getting killed.. And figuratively, that's where I see this going. Sorry but it's the honest to God's truth. You have no fuckjng clue what you're doing.. And you prove that with every single statement. If you had some real and actual help, from people that work in these fields, you might pull this off.. Maybe hire a real promoter?? A real fielding agent?? Cause your foot work here is very sloppy, like sucker mud, or New Mexican Red Mud.. All over the place and dangerous. Sorry but that is the reality. But your tenacity is commendable.

Tact. Have to have some tact if you are asking folks for money. Don't need an agent or any of the many offers from promotional folks to 'boost' your campaign - maybe don't go on the defensive so easily.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Free to be annoying and put it in people's line of sight IMO - but don't be rude if someone questions, criticizes, or simply want no part in it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    edited November 2014
    hedonist said:

Me, I'm not worried for them - why would I be? They're big boys and not the delicate flowers mentioned earlier.

(well, maybe Boom is)

I just try to put myself in their shoes. "Do this, play here, sing this song".

Fuck me in my brain!

indeed!
    Fuck everyone in their brains --- For the band, for the fans, for the crew, for the world.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

hedonist said:

Me, I'm not worried for them - why would I be? They're big boys and not the delicate flowers mentioned earlier.

(well, maybe Boom is)

I just try to put myself in their shoes. "Do this, play here, sing this song".

Fuck me in my brain!

indeed!
    Fuck everyone in their brains --- For the band, for the fans, for the crew, for the world.
    for the....................................WORLD!!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited November 2014

Tact. Have to have some tact if you are asking folks for money. Don't need an agent or any of the many offers from promotional folks to 'boost' your campaign - maybe don't go on the defensive so easily.

The promoters and fielding agents are the people who organize these things.. ( procuring insurance policies, law enforcement support etc.. Really all the promoters do, is Be a liaison between the different parties involved. The fielding agents do the hard work, but they work for the promoters.. So they go hand in hand. I know you know this, but trying to help the poor guy. He seems to sincerely want to make this happen. But his sincerely falls flat in the ways he got it off the ground to begin with. My point was that he might be able to satisfy the nay Sayers by being more upfront for one, researching and answering questions as they arise, or just hire the people that actually do this shit for a living, and let itself take course. Like I said, the tenacity is commendable. The effort is redundantly laughable without being realistic. That's not a minor venue in the context of size, location, condition, or historic value in Rock history.. So to try to go this alone is stupid. He needs to bring in professionals, was all I was saying in point four. :-) and yes tact goes a long way. So does researching your project and knowing what is involved in its undertaking, so that when questions DO arise from those who have money invested in your cause, you can answer them in a timely and professional manner, that will make those supporting your cause feel that it is a safe venture. This isle a clusterfuck of idiocy at this point.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Lol
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    MayDay10 said:

the part that gets me too, is right now 13 people have done the $1000 option (for what reason I have no clue)... which amounts to over 25% of the whole fund...

So how are these people going to all get $1K of pearl jam "goodies" to make them whole and from where? They get "goodies", wont the $ to acquire the "goodies" come out of the concert fund to provide to the band to put on the show, leaving them short? Is the organizer going to front the $13K?

Im still very curious of this
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Ok, what did I miss? =))
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Whose going to do the poster for this if it happens?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Just so ya know Dan, the professionals don't come on until you're actually ORGANIZING the event. First you have the ever difficult task of getting the band onboard, and raising no where NEAR enough money. Just curious.. How will you pay for all that? Are you going to crowd fund that too?? Just things you need to think about, cause it's not like the venue called PJ's booking agency and said, we have such and such a slot open, with x amount of payment available on with x amount of others on the list of considerations. OR the other way around, which is how this works. So YOU and your " crew " get to cover all costs, including renting the venue, unless you can get them to waive that in part as their contribution; which from the way they were quoted in the news clip you posted.. May very well be the case! They may work with you on that.. Anyways, good luck untangling this witch's nest of a proposal, cause ya kinda fucked yourself over from the beginning. Buuut, that's not to say you can't do this, if you get on things now.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I smell a thread lock coming . . .
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited November 2014
    Dudes trying to get pj concert going and people are Bitching. He's got balls and yeah may not have been "framed" correctly at least he's not sitting on his ass and moaning. To easy to criticize. Not that it really matters but threads have been allowed to stay open till you whiners started. Is it a sign?

So in honor of Stefan and the love of this incredible music Halts Maul.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

I don't know but I bet Big Bank Hank will offer to do the shirts.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    lolobugg said:

I don't know but I bet Big Bank Hank will offer to do the shirts.
    :))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    PJ_Soul said:

I just have to say it: haven't most larger concert venues that are older than 50 years old or so hosted all those bands? It's not actually a point of interest to people that The Who and Hendrix and The Beatles played there. They played all over the place. All over the country and all over the world. They all played where I live too. It doesn't make the old venue with no bathrooms that happens to be a stone's throw away from your house any more appealing to people. IMHO.

Also, doesn't PJ charge $500K to play a private show, which this will be? Not sure how your goal of $500K+ is going to be enough. I guess just hoping that PJ will give you a good deal?

Excellent point on the venue
  • Options

POINT ONE: while everyone in the band has major weight in on things, Ed says yes or no. And he is very stubborn, I've trained MULES that gave easier in the end, than what it must be like to get that man to sway on a decided topic!
    POINT TWO: yeah they do two week runs at a stretch these days, cause they are not assholes to their families.. And quite frankly, they have earned that right. Get over it, we had our chance to go see 100 shows a year in 2000-2006, or whatever, I missed all that due to obligation to MY family( stupid mom! Jk mom!).
    POINT THREE: these guys do shit tons for us as fans, that no where NEAR half the other bands on this planet will do for THEIR fans; whom are probably just as greedy and asinine as we are as a whole! But unlike PJ, they don't give a fuck! ( note not every PJ is a greedy fuck.. Some if us get that the band owes us nothing, and are happy for what we do get.. But that seems to be diminishing).

Agree with most of this, though when it comes to trying to get answers to questions his tenacity (i.e. ability to ignore said questions) is as irritating as it is impressive
  • Options

Agree with most of this, though when it comes to trying to get answers to questions his tenacity (i.e. ability to ignore said questions) is as irritating as it is impressive
    MYbe because no matter what he would say there would be a computer expert with nothing better to do than criticize more. 10 club has to ignore some of the inquiries cause it gets out of hand.

Is this what it's like to be on Facebook. Arghhhh
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I just have to say it: haven't most larger concert venues that are older than 50 years old or so hosted all those bands? It's not actually a point of interest to people that The Who and Hendrix and The Beatles played there. They played all over the place. All over the country and all over the world. They all played where I live too. It doesn't make the old venue with no bathrooms that happens to be a stone's throw away from your house any more appealing to people. IMHO.

Also, doesn't PJ charge $500K to play a private show, which this will be? Not sure how your goal of $500K+ is going to be enough. I guess just hoping that PJ will give you a good deal?

Excellent point on the venue
    And ? What's your point ? Appears this venue would work. If pj comes who cares.
  • Options
    callen said:

MYbe because no matter what he would say there would be a computer expert with nothing better to do than criticize more. 10 club has to ignore some of the inquiries cause it gets out of hand.

What has the Ten Club got to do with this? Are you comparing the two???
  • Options

callen said:

No, comparing reactions of ten members to anything on this board. Negativity. Stickers again, not enough copies , not enough tour dates, etc etc. Dude that's attempting this has fortitude to want to open himself up like this.

• Options
    callen said:

callen said:

No, comparing reactions of ten members to anything on this board. Negativity. Stickers again, not enough copies , not enough tour dates, etc etc. Dude that's attempting this has fortitude to want to open himself up like this.

I see. So we're back to the party line that says any questions relating to this campaign are to be brushed aside as mere 'negativity', not worthy of being addressed
  • Options
    edited November 2014

callen said:

callen said:

I see. So we're back to the party line that says any questions relating to this campaign are to be brushed aside as mere 'negativity', not worthy of being addressed
    Hardly.

So your in Ireland, if all your concerns were answered to your satisfaction would donate, buy airline tickets hotel and attend?
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited November 2014
    People have a right to their negativity (aka legitimate concerns and questions) here. They are considering giving these people their money and credit card info, and will potentially be subjected to a total clusterfuck if not actual danger if the show happens and these people aren't doing things the right way... which they probably aren't and won't be, since the guy openly admitted that he was learning how to put on a concert as he goes and is expecting to learn how to do it "organically". image
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Don't you all have better things to do with your time than rip Dan for this? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that none of you know him personally. He's a great guy. He's not trying to rip anyone off. Quite frankly, he has bigger balls than any of you posting this. I know I wouldn't want to open myself up to the kind of reaction that he's gotten. Cheers to him for wading thru this shit storm and keeping to his mission.

It's cool that you all have voiced your opinions or dissatisfaction with what he's trying to do. It's cool that you all speak for the band or think you know what they want. Bottom line, 10C has not shut his thread down, and Pearl Jam has not said NO to this yet.

Instead of ripping a really cool guy, either jump on board and support him, or leave him alone. There's enough negativity floating around that no one needs this. If you don't support him, you've voiced it already, and drop it. Move on.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930

Bottom line, 10C has not shut his thread down, and Pearl Jam has not said NO to this yet.

While it is true that Pearl Jam has not, to our knowledge, said no to this, at least two previous incarnations of this thread have in fact been shutdown.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

Don't you all have better things to do with your time than rip Dan for this? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that none of you know him personally. He's a great guy. He's not trying to rip anyone off. Quite frankly, he has bigger balls than any of you posting this. I know I wouldn't want to open myself up to the kind of reaction that he's gotten. Cheers to him for wading thru this shit storm and keeping to his mission.

It's cool that you all have voiced your opinions or dissatisfaction with what he's trying to do. It's cool that you all speak for the band or think you know what they want. Bottom line, 10C has not shut his thread down, and Pearl Jam has not said NO to this yet.

Instead of ripping a really cool guy, either jump on board and support him, or leave him alone. There's enough negativity floating around that no one needs this. If you don't support him, you've voiced it already, and drop it. Move on.

:))
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JimmyV said:

Bottom line, 10C has not shut his thread down, and Pearl Jam has not said NO to this yet.

While it is true that Pearl Jam has not, to our knowledge, said no to this, at least two previous incarnations of this thread have in fact been shutdown.

Jimmy but not due to thread topic.

Are people taking a risk, absolutely.

What this is all about having something really cool happening.
    Post edited by callen on
This discussion has been closed.