Time change. Again.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

PJ_Soul said:

Dammit. I hate springing forward! Losing that hour of sleep always fucks me up for days! @-)

i don't mind losing the extra hour considering i rarely get any sleep anyway. would rather have the extra daylight. means spring is coming :)
    It is nice to have the longer days, but I suffer from chronic insomnia and am lucky to get 4 hours sleep a night as it is. It's just hard! But yeah, it's great when it's not dark by 5:30!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Ok I'm sorry in advance but the amount of daylight never changes. It is a constant tied to your location on Earth and the time of year. We as humans arbitrarily saying now you get less and now you get more does not change the amount of daylight one iota. As I said sorry but it drives me bonkers when people say that...heading over to Idiosyncrasies now....
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Ok I'm sorry in advance but the amount of daylight never changes. It is a constant tied to your location on Earth and the time of year. We as humans arbitrarily saying now you get less and now you get more does not change the amount of daylight one iota. As I said sorry but it drives me bonkers when people say that...heading over to Idiosyncrasies now....

Well that's the thing, lol. Okay, we'll have daylight later into the evening immediately, but come April or so, it really doesn't matter anymore. And in fact, once you hit June and July, it's light until too late at night - people have to go to bed before it's even dark out for a while there, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    here in Red State Utah, our legislature wants to end DST and end the tyranny of our federal government :fp:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Hate spring forward...love fall back!

I like sleeping!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    No Daylight Savings in Western Australia
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Let me tell you how much I love this business of changing the clock... gnnnnehhhRHHAAA j-j-j-j-j-aahhHHHH errrrHHHH nnnggggg AUAGHAUG ...

POOP! ~X(
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    But isn't that typical government trying to convince people that they can control how much daylight we get and worse yet enough people out there believe by switching the clocks make a difference ... I say lets end the madness.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    turn back the clocks tonight X(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    frig
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    How early does it get dark for you east-coasters?

I really like that "ahhhh" extra hour thing I know I'll feel tomorrow but yeah...get rid of this across the board thing already.

(also, in the ten minutes - yes, TEN MINUTES - it took me to write lo those two sentences up there, it has gone from decent natural light to "lamp, lamp!")

frig indeed :D
    Oh man, I'm about ready to throw the clock out the window, hahaha (maniacal laugh!) Changing the clock back and forth twice a year is TOTAL BS!! I get wigged out just thinking about it! Here are five good reasons why this 17th, 18th, 19th century archaic cowturd of an idea needs to end:

http://www.nj.com/indulge/index.ssf/2014/11/six_reasons_its_time_to_stop_daylight_savings_time.html
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Glad to know I actually got an extra hour of sleep. Hedonist, it was raining yesterday so it's hard to tell but I would say it starts getting dark around 6-7. I absolutely hate it. The new lightbulbs don't light up right away they have to like warm up or something first, so I'm fumbling around in the dark for the first 10 minutes or so of my morning now cuz the sun sleeps in.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I friggen hate DST....my mind and body are all out of whack and I'm exhausted and shouldn't be...and it feels like it's so much later than it is...it royally screws with me...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    My dog woke me up at 6am instead of the usual 7am.
  • Cracks me up when people complain about 1 hour sleep.
    Really? One hour forward/backward makes a difference?
    I also like the people who say it takes a week or 2 to adjust. Really? It takes me about 30 seconds to adjust.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Speedy, I don't know about anyone else, but I fucking LOVE the extra hour whether asleep or awake. I don't care if it's a psychological thing, but that first day? It's gravy - a luxury (probably moreso for sleep).

And, that hour apparently made a difference to our cats. They were meowing and posturing for dinner a good hour before their usual dinnertime.

Ident, I hear you on those newfangled bulbs. Seems to defeat the purpose! And it was darkish shortly after 5 today. Really liked the early sunrise though...made it much nicer to ease into the morning.
  • Made a difference for our cat too. She was ready to go to bed and when we didn't, she went anyway. I spent an hour looking for her before I found her under the bed asleep wondering why i was shining a light in at her.

And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    does this happen next weekend?

i feel like it's late this year...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    you're late to the party...it already happened
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    better go ahead & move your microwave clock ahead that hour, juggler
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

better go ahead & move your microwave clock ahead that hour, juggler

i moved it into the basement.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    turn clocks forward this weekend image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Can you remind us again in 5 days?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Worst weekend of the year.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    No. No. No. And further, no. Don't tell me this is coming up already because if you do, I will personally go around and set every clock in the western hemisphere back one hour again. (My sincerest apologies to those who live in sensible places where there is no time change. Shoot, I might even move there.) :smiley:

i feel like i'm the only one i know who did this last week....?....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    brianlux said:

No. No. No. And further, no. Don't tell me this is coming up already because if you do, I will personally go around and set every clock in the western hemisphere back one hour again. (My sincerest apologies to those who live in sensible places where there is no time change. Shoot, I might even move there.) :smiley:

this guy....not a fan of day light.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I might be the only one here who is looking forward to this, as it means that Spring is on its way. I'm so over winter.
    ELITIST FUK