Options

Neil Young just slammed Obama

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    Looking in from afar Obama has been solid, hes pretty well received over here. There will always be disenchantment.

I'm firmly in the who gives a fuck what Neil thinks camp. We should make up our own minds and not need a musician to preach through the media telling us that his president has failed. Its very easy to pass judgement, and so much more difficult to be the man you wish the president was. Everyone has a different take on what that should be.

The I hope Ed speaks up next line of thought is pretty laughable ......Ed will make his own mind up im sure, and it really doesn't need Neil to pave the way for him to speak.
  • Options
    quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    hedonist said:

See...if we could get past the win/lose, he sucks/no YOU suck, I'm better/fuck you no way I AM! mentality...

Maybe shit could be accomplished.

Maybe meetings of the minds could happen, even begin to happen, based on common sense, decency and accountability. Open-mindedness.

Not in the "hey, everyone's a winner!" way. Just honestly, PC be damned. Fuck gold stars and agendas.

People should speak their minds. It's incumbent upon each of us with opinions, considerations.

Don't agree? Do agree? Not sure? Fine! Welcome aboard! State your case or linger awhile with your toe in the water or move along or not.

I just don't get taking a steamy shit on anyone else speaking their mind same as the rest of us lot.

Great post!!!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Calling Obama a success is like calling Bush a success. The two administrations put together have destroyed this country. Bush started the nail, Obama just drive it home.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    He wasn't happy with Obama during his tour debut in Boston last week, either. Always refreshing to see a celebrity whose political views are not dictated by one party or the other.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

He wasn't happy with Obama during his tour debut in Boston last week, either. Always refreshing to see a celebrity whose political views are not dictated by one party or the other.

Exactly, both sides suck. Conservative media is cherry picking this interview leaving out his comments about Obama. Both side are guilty if this
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    Can anyone please tell me what Jah Rule thinks? - - I don't think I can make sense of this whole ordeal without knowing where he stands.... :-)
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    In my opinion four years are enough for one person to be President. Look at the second terms of Nixon (Watergate) Reagan (Iran-Contra Scandal) Clinton (Lewinski) Bush II(Economic collapse along with infrastructure). Compared to recent 2nd terms Obama not looking too bad at this point.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    hedonist said:

See...if we could get past the win/lose, he sucks/no YOU suck, I'm better/fuck you no way I AM! mentality...

Maybe meetings of the minds could happen, even begin to happen, based on common sense, decency and accountability. Open-mindedness.

Not in the "hey, everyone's a winner!" way. Just honestly, PC be damned. Fuck gold stars and agendas.

People should speak their minds. It's incumbent upon each of us with opinions, considerations.

Don't agree? Do agree? Not sure? Fine! Welcome aboard! State your case or linger awhile with your toe in the water or move along or not.

I just don't get taking a steamy shit on anyone else speaking their mind same as the rest of us lot.

The problem is too many easily led automatons tune in to their respective 24 hour news channels, whether they be liberally or conservatively biased, and just chew up, swallow, and regurgitate the garbage those lunatics feed on a daily basis. Not all republicans are radical right wing conservative thinkers, and not all democrats are radical left wing liberal thinkers. (Take me for example, I'm a registered democrat but I fucking love guns!) Too many people refuse to think for themselves. We need to wake up and realize that voting for either of these two parties is going to get us nowhere fast. We need to start thinking as a people versus the government... not left vs right.
  • Options

hedonist said:

The problem is too many easily led automatons tune in to their respective 24 hour news channels, whether they be liberally or conservatively biased, and just chew up, swallow, and regurgitate the garbage those lunatics feed on a daily basis. Not all republicans are radical right wing conservative thinkers, and not all democrats are radical left wing liberal thinkers. (Take me for example, I'm a registered democrat but I fucking love guns!) Too many people refuse to think for themselves. We need to wake up and realize that voting for either of these two parties is going to get us nowhere fast. We need to start thinking as a people versus the government... not left vs right.
    Right on brother! I think we share similar views. Love my guns. Kept locked away, unloaded. This post couldn't be more right on point.
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options
    Didn't he praise Ronald Reagan once?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Aren't we supposed to drink the koolaid, stick our heads in the sand, and let the lawyers run the world into the ground... What's wrong with you people? Shouldn't this topic be in A Derailing, oops I'm mean Moving train section?
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    I really liked the interview & agree on a lot of things Young said. It does blow your mind that Germany produces 50% of their energy by using solar power. Using the fucking sun! While our tax paying dollars are giving more & more of our money to companies to dig underground & fuck up mother earth. Yippy!!!!! :/
  • Options
    TommyT83TommyT83 Posts: 20
    edited October 2014
    Obama's biggest failure is not doing what Bush did during his presidency: not caring about the people who didn't vote for him. Obama tried to gain support and compromise on endless issues, many of which were never partisan in the past. The republican agenda is to make Obama look as bad as possible by blocking things he attempts to accomplish, then crying about his inaction. People can drone on and on about how politics are so tied up with corporate influence ($$$) and act like every leader/politician is equally evil, but that's just not the case. (the part about corporate influence is certainly the core problem, though)

Let me preface by saying there is plenty wrong with our political climate these days and Obama is forced to play in the same flawed, rigged system that every other POTUS is faced with. However, the fact that ANYONE is longing for the days of Bush/Cheney shows so much ignorance, it's appalling. Obama chose to use a lot of his political capital on the affordable care act, which was basically the health care system that Romney brought to MA (which drove down costs and was wildly popular). If Obama got his wish for a single payer option, it would be even more successful than it is and will be. Republicans today are one sad political party that is out of touch with most Americans who aren't white males between the ages of 30-60.

Neil is spot on about fracking - Obama has not done enough to stand up to this horrible practice.
    Post edited by TommyT83 on
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited October 2014
    TommyT83 said:

Obama's biggest failure is not doing what Bush did during his presidency: not caring about the people who didn't vote for him. Obama tried to gain support and compromise on endless issues, many of which were never partisan in the past. The republican agenda is to make Obama look as bad as possible by blocking things he attempts to accomplish, then crying about his inaction. People can drone on and on about how politics are so tied up with corporate influence ($$$) and act like every leader/politician is equally evil, but that's just not the case. (the part about corporate influence is certainly the core problem, though)

Let me preface by saying there is plenty wrong with our political climate these days and Obama is forced to play in the same flawed, rigged system that every other POTUS is faced with. However, the fact that ANYONE is longing for the days of Bush/Cheney shows so much ignorance, it's appalling. Obama chose to use a lot of his political capital on the affordable care act, which was basically the health care system that Romney brought to MA (which drove down costs and was wildly popular). If Obama got his wish for a single payer option, it would be even more successful than it is and will be. Republicans today are one sad political party that is out of touch with most Americans who aren't white males between the ages of 30-60.

Neil is spot on about fracking - Obama has not done enough to stand up to this horrible practice.

Yeah. let me distance myself from the "longing for the Bush/Cheney days" lest anyone misconstrue what i meant. that was the darkest fucking time in my life. i mean: the modern dark ages....

unfortunately, Obama has let the Democratic Senate drive too much of the conversation and there are too many limp dick Dems in office. The Republicans don't give a fuck and would trample their grandmothers to get a vote or a $ for their campaign. Hence, nothing is accomplished but bickering. It is a miracle that the health care reform got passed but even that was done half assed.
    As for the environment...HA....that shit isn't even on their radar. Not enough money to be made in energy alternatives.

I respect you for keeping a positive outlook.
    sometimes i am starting to sound like my mom and i really hate being pessimistic
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Fuck Obama. Total piece of shit. And Europeans and Canadians who still like the guy can suck my ass. They just prove their ignorance. I'm so tired of "hate Bush, love Obama" garbage. You clearly haven't been following his politics but you feel good about yourself because you can say out loud that you blindy support a man of mixed ethnicity with a nice smile and polite demeanor. Obama is even worse than Bush on every level.
  • Options
    october22 said:

Fuck Obama. Total piece of shit. And Europeans and Canadians who still like the guy can suck my ass. They just prove their ignorance. I'm so tired of "hate Bush, love Obama" garbage. You clearly haven't been following his politics but you feel good about yourself because you can say out loud that you blindy support a man of mixed ethnicity with a nice smile and polite demeanor. Obama is even worse than Bush on every level.

This is what it comes down to folks...the hate spewing nonsense that comes from Fox and the FAR right, then blaming the liberal media. It's OK though, because most Americans thankfully don't hold views that are this stupid. Just mostly that core demographic I mentioned earlier.
  • Options
    Sorry. That might have been a tad harsh to my foreign friends but I'm just annoyed today.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited October 2014
    october22 said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    TommyT83 said:

october22 said:

This is what it comes down to folks...the hate spewing nonsense that comes from Fox and the FAR right, then blaming the liberal media. It's OK though, because most Americans thankfully don't hold views that are this stupid. Just mostly that core demographic I mentioned earlier.
    I agree that fox can be very far right but come on you cannot say that liberal media hasn't brainwashed radical liberals.
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options

Didn't he praise Ronald Reagan once?

he did, many people seem to think neil is a raging liberal when in fact he really doesn't. Honestly, I could give a fuck what he says although I agree with most he says.
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options

TommyT83 said:

october22 said:

I agree that fox can be very far right but come on you cannot say that liberal media hasn't brainwashed radical liberals.

No, I do not see them as equally as hateful or harmful to America, but sure, they have their own biased slant.
  • Options
    TommyT83 said:

october22 said:

Lol

So you know what media I consume? And where did I blame the "liberal media"? I voted for Obama and I feel the way I do.

Actually, you're "what it all comes down to folks." Anyone who holds a strong opinion against Obama must be part of the FAR right? Just because I'm angry with his administration doesn't mean I'm part of any of your easily compartmentalized demographics.
  • Options
    And this is from Rasmussen today:

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove (see trends).

The latest figures include 20% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 39% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19."

While I may use foul language, it's pretty hard to describe me as an outlier now, isn't it? But go ahead, write another post assuring your legions of "folks" that I'm just one of those crazy right wingers.
  • Options
    silentJsilentJ Columbus, OH Posts: 199
    Alright seriously, let's close this thread and re-start it in the A Moving Train. This is now straight politics
  • Options
    silentJ said:

Alright seriously, let's close this thread and re-start it in the A Moving Train. This is now straight politics

Not sure why it hasn't been moved yet either....
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733

silentJ said:

I vote for move it
  • Options
    silentJ said:

Aggr

silentJ said:

I vote for move it
    Is it really causing you that much grief being in The Porch. SMFH
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Mods Must Be On Tour. Give Em A BreaK. They Will Move It If They See Fit To.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Mods Must Be On Tour. Give Em A BreaK. They Will Move It If They See Fit To.

Just would be nice to have a spot on the forum where politics isn't even mentioned....
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    SYFH all you want...don't hurt yourself :D