MOTHERF**KER!!!!!!

Comments

• lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Yea! I'm in!!!

Still Imalive, I can say I feel your pain, but Buddy that looks Narghly!!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited August 2014
    rr165892 said:

Last 12, I was gonna break your balls with a trigger finger joke on the Mike Brown thread ,but I thought that would be tasteless and insensitive.lol

Btw that's why I carry a Springfield and not a Glock.Grip is way better suited for my custom fit.

I would have known what u were talking about if u said trigger finger. But definitely wouldn't have been appropriate in that thread. I had an mri on my hand yesterday because the tendons in my ring finger (which were reconstructed from a piece of tendon in my wrist) are starting to bow-string. I'm thinking I will probably have to have another surgery sometime in the near future.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Oh my I thought I had it rough with 4 screws and two plates in my foot to straighten it up and to give me an arch while stretching my Achilles. Man I hope you'll have a quick recovery surprised that tip stayed on, just the same get well soon man.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

Last 12, I was gonna break your balls with a trigger finger joke on the Mike Brown thread ,but I thought that would be tasteless and insensitive.lol

Btw that's why I carry a Springfield and not a Glock.Grip is way better suited for my custom fit.

I would have known what u were talking about if u said trigger finger. But definitely wouldn't have been appropriate in that thread. I had an mri on my hand yesterday because the tendons in my ring finger (which were reconstructed from a piece of tendon in my wrist) are starting to bow-string. I'm thinking I will probably have to have another surgery sometime in the near future.
    Sucks dude.PT isn't helping?
    g under p said:

Oh my I thought I had it rough with 4 screws and two plates in my foot to straighten it up and to give me an arch while stretching my Achilles. Man I hope you'll have a quick recovery surprised that tip stayed on, just the same get well soon man.

Peace

That's still pretty cool.Like a bionic foot.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    rr165892 said:

Brian,It healed nice. Thanks for the pics.since that is an awesome way to butcher your digits,and you do have some mis shaping/flattening going on.Id like to welcome you to our little club.We are an exclusive group of klutzy individuals.Who are rallying around Imalive during his healing and transition process.
    Again props to ImAlive for bringing a whole new vibe to these boards.

Hey, thanks man! Nice little club we have here. I feel like this is a good one to belong to. They don't call me Klutz-Lux for nothin'!

Keep those gory pics coming, folks. :))

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

My accident was 4 years ago. I went to PT 3 times a week for almost a full year. Once I was able to get back to work full time, I stopped going to the actual PT office and did it on my own. They think I may have "over worked" it. Which it a direct contradiction from what they told me when I was released. They claimed that I had to keep working the hand to prevent stiffening and arthritis.

My guess is that the scar tissue had a big part in the tendons contracting and bow stringing.We'll see what the surgeon says in a few days when he gets the pictures from today.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    The pictures of guitarists with maimed fingers brings to mind the great Django Reinhardt. His hand was badly burned in a house fire and and never healed properly, so all that lovely jazz guitar was played with him using the thumb and first 2 fingers of his left hand.

"The stars are all connected to the brain."
    edited August 2014
    ^^^ Yes!

My favorite musician story related to all this is seeing a blues trio sitting on a sidewalk playing during a street fair in San Fransisco's North Beach district. Singer/lead slide guitar, rhythm guitar, percussionist. Battery powered mini-amps, small percussive odds and ends- all very minimal equipment. The lead guitarist/singer had no left hand and only thumb and forefinger on his right hand. He has a slide bar strapped to his left wrist and, my god, that guy tore up shit all over his guitar and sang like the bottom of a deep lake. Incredible.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

^^^ Yes!

My favorite musician story related to all this is seeing a blues trio sitting on a sidewalk playing during a street fair in San Fransisco's North Beach district. Singer/lead slide guitar, rhythm guitar, percussionist. Battery powered mini-amps, small percussive odds and ends- all very minimal equipment. The lead guitarist/singer had no left hand and only thumb and forefinger on his right hand. He has a slide bar strapped to his left wrist and, my god, that guy tore up shit all over his guitar and sang like the bottom of a deep lake. Incredible.

Wow.
    And the food in North Beach was great.Spent Christmas Vaca in Bay Area.

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

My accident was 4 years ago. I went to PT 3 times a week for almost a full year. Once I was able to get back to work full time, I stopped going to the actual PT office and did it on my own. They think I may have "over worked" it. Which it a direct contradiction from what they told me when I was released. They claimed that I had to keep working the hand to prevent stiffening and arthritis.

My guess is that the scar tissue had a big part in the tendons contracting and bow stringing.We'll see what the surgeon says in a few days when he gets the pictures from today.
    Unfortunately arthritis or arthritic symptoms are pretty normal.Im always doing my own PT and its been 38 years since my accident.Usually after the gym.

The pictures of guitarists with maimed fingers brings to mind the great Django Reinhardt. His hand was badly burned in a house fire and and never healed properly, so all that lovely jazz guitar was played with him using the thumb and first 2 fingers of his left hand.

I saw him when I was playing around looking at pics.I also found Jesse James(the outlaw)Buster Keaton,and Galileo all were missing fingers also
    Its funny how this thread turned. Imalive started with a simple story oc how he fucked up his hand and rr and I took it over with our own stories of amputation. Sorry to steal your thunder!
    We are just showing support,And letting him know he is not the only knucklehead out here.
    I think its awesome all the people who posted up on this.Its been one of my favorite threads.Lets keep the pictures coming.
    Definitely support for imalive. Good wishes for good healing.

Liking the other stories here as well!

Oddly enough, after my hand was crushed, the first words out if my mouth was MOTHER FU#&ER!!

Oddly enough, after my hand was crushed, the first words out if my mouth was MOTHER FU#&ER!!

with the "CK", no doubt! Did it heal up ok?

Yes and no. A couple of pages back, I think it was rr posted a picture of his hand. Mine looks very similar just with a but more scarring. The tendons in my ring finger are not responding the way the surgeons wanted so it looks like I will be having another surgery or two to correct that. If I do, I will definitely post the pictures here!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

rr165892 said:

Bring your "A"game

I'm hoping I can find the pic of when I fell off a keg while getting done with a kegstand. Required over 150 stiches in four spots on my face with loose skin dangling from my lip. Not my finest moment. Was fifteen years ago so I might not have it anymore. Fingers crossed!
    But seriously, damn Rob! Be careful with that thing!
    wow...I missed a lot of tangential discussion :))

WYTM - you must find a picture of that! a damn shame you did this pre-camera phones. what kind of effect did it have on the party? if you say "very little," we will know it was a good one ;)

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2014
    imalive said:

rr165892 said:

Bring your "A"game

I'm hoping I can find the pic of when I fell off a keg while getting done with a kegstand. Required over 150 stiches in four spots on my face with loose skin dangling from my lip. not my finest moment. Was fifteen years ago so I might not have it anymore. Fingers crossed!
    But seriously, damn Rob! Be careful with that thing!
    wow...I missed a lot of tangential discussion :))

WYTM - you must find a picture of that! a damn shame you did this pre-camera phones. what kind of effect did it have on the party? if you say "very little," we will know it was a good one ;)

Well I searched and searched and it is long gone. Sorry guys. It was at 4am and the party kind of stopped briefly, but in my drunkeness I fought for an hour and refused to get treatment and continued to drink and smoke until I started to get woozy from blood loss. I finally swallowed my pride and went. The ER called the police because they didn't believe I hadn't been beaten. It was comical after the fact, although I did have the worst headache for a week. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

Seven of my friends went to the ER with me so I guess we just kind of moved the party.

Edit - I completely forgot this was the conclusion of a legendary three night run of three consecutive trips to the ER. First night a friend stepped on a rusty lumber spike that went through his foot while partying and burning an old collapsed barn, second night a rock exploded in the fire and a dime sized flat piece seared itself to my friends eyeball (luckily the white part only), and of course the third night. Now that I think about it, that place was cursed something fucking awful.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I don't think MOTHER F**KER!! does this thread justice. holy shit, that's nasty. I'm glad you're ok, and didn't lose the thumb.
    I win.
    I can't claim a legendary three night run of consecutive nights to the ER but I do often wonder how various friends and I survived our younger years.

I think I fucked up today.....I removed the stitches myself....and my thumb split back open.

MOTHERF**CKER !!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    @-)

You know, some things really ARE best left to professionals. . . .
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    imalive said:

I can't claim a legendary three night run of consecutive nights to the ER but I do often wonder how various friends and I survived our younger years.

I think I fucked up today.....I removed the stitches myself....and my thumb split back open.

MOTHERF**CKER !!!!!

Rookie move young grasshopper!
    Try some duct tape.lol
    I removed my stitches too, but I waited until the area they were holding together were healed!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    I too removed my own stitches when I tried to remove the bottom of my big toe when I was 18. However it was way past the 10 day period and I had no choice as I was backpacking across BC at the time
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Long weekend coming,Drinking,football,BBQ plenty of opportunity for some new stories and pics for this thread,come mon/tue.

I removed my stitches too, but I waited until the area they were holding together were healed!

it LOOKED healed! #-o

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Did you go back for more stitches? or just duct tape it back up?
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    lazloblue said:

Did you go back for more stitches? or just duct tape it back up?

no new stitches yet....not looking forward to that conversation with the doc...."you decided to do what?"....next time I unwrap it I may take a picture.

I'm a dumbass.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14