• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zps8125f677.jpg" />
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zpsf7995237.jpg" />
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zpsfad70fe6.jpg" />
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Oh I feel sickish now
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    imalive said:

that's what I said when the ax hit my thumb! I'm a dumbass.

imagephoto IMG_0651_zps3896b5a7.jpg" />

Eh, rub some dirt on it. ;)
    Now I have to look through hundreds of pics to find something good for this thread.
    Bring your "A"game
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2014
    rr165892 said:

Bring your "A"game

I'm hoping I can find the pic of when I fell off a keg while getting done with a kegstand. Required over 150 stiches in four spots on my face with loose skin dangling from my lip. Not my finest moment. Was fifteen years ago so I might not have it anymore. Fingers crossed!
    But seriously, damn Rob! Be careful with that thing!
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on

rr165892 said:

Bring your "A"game

I'm hoping I can find the pic of when I fell off a keg while getting done with a kegstand. Required over 150 stiches in four spots on my face with loose skin dangling from my lip. Not my finest moment. Was fifteen years ago so I might not have it anymore. Fingers crossed!
    But seriously, damn Rob! Be careful with that thing!
    Well that would take this thread into yet another interesting dimension.But I think diversity is the spice of life.Keg gymnastics,Niceee.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I was playing rr. I know exactly what u mean about picking up coins and working with hand tools. Try and start a roofing nail! Other than my golf game going to shit, the only thing I really can't do anymore is play guitar. I can still fiddle a little, but without the use of that middle damn finger, I can't play shit.

I was playing rr. I know exactly what u mean about picking up coins and working with hand tools. Try and start a roofing nail! Other than my golf game going to shit, the only thing I really can't do anymore is play guitar. I can still fiddle a little, but without the use of that middle damn finger, I can't play shit.

I know you were playing.And my customized digits are on my pick hand.I haven't played in like 8 years,not that I was worth a shit when I did play.Oh and typing is a one finger deal.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    how about stabbings? got stitches after dad stabbed me.

of course it was on accident as we were horsing around drinking while dad was cutting up a chicken w/ a filet knife. filet knife tip meet chad's forearm... nicely done. i have no photos just facts
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Damn Chad, I was really starting to feel bad. You got me with that long space.
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    What The FUcK has this place become?!

I finally make it around to checking in and getting an update or two and this is what the WelCOmE WaGOn has in store?!

I'm afraid that the trend-setting nature of this place is going to leave me with a 'short list' of friends here. Short, abbreviated, stumpy. No worries though. I work with guys that are digitally impaired.

So I guess that also answers my question that I came to ask... NOt doing so great, and beer going down at regular intervals.

Later

;)

"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06

I finally make it around to checking in and getting an update or two and this is what the WelCOmE WaGOn has in store?!

I'm afraid that the trend-setting nature of this place is going to leave me with a 'short list' of friends here. Short, abbreviated, stumpy. No worries though. I work with guys that are digitally impaired.

So I guess that also answers my question that I came to ask... NOt doing so great, and beer going down at regular intervals.

Later

;)

DaMn it TOok A MinuTE but I got it.Well done sir.
    Digitally impaired. Lol. Good one. The best line I heard was from a guy at work. He asked my coworker about me and said "how's that non marble shooting mother fucker doing?"

When I heard that I laughed my ass off.
    Because my graft came from my hip,my brother being his typical shit head self has always called me "ass fingers".One friend of mine has called me "Digit" for 20 years,and some teammates while playing football used to call me "stubbie" or "my Stubbs" ."You fingerless fuck" and 81/2 get some play also.
    When I flip the bird I get "does that mean you half mean it" or is that just fuck.
    Last 12, I was gonna break your balls with a trigger finger joke on the Mike Brown thread ,but I thought that would be tasteless and insensitive.lol

Btw that's why I carry a Springfield and not a Glock.Grip is way better suited for my custom fit.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Whoa! Just saw this thread and photo, imalive, and it brought back nasty memories. In 1975 I was using a power mower and like the stupid young man I was (striving for a Darwin Award) I tried clearing the side where the grass blows out while the motor was running. The tip of my middle left finger was turned into a four-leaf clover shape. At the hospital the said they would have to cut it off at the first joint and I BEGGED them to please sew it up and see what happens. The doc pulled out the pieces of bone, grass and dirt and sewed it up and told me to soak it in Epsom salts everyday. For fifteen minutes everyday I sat in tears of excruciating pain while soaking and saved the finger. It's a little stubby but I can still play guitar!

I hope you finger heals well!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Brian,It healed nice. Thanks for the pics.since that is an awesome way to butcher your digits,and you do have some mis shaping/flattening going on.Id like to welcome you to our little club.We are an exclusive group of klutzy individuals.Who are rallying around Imalive during his healing and transition process.
    Again props to ImAlive for bringing a whole new vibe to these boards.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

Later

;)

Haven't been around lately and this is what I see, when I check in??? :-& Oh Rob, Rob, Rob, maybe some axe lessons from Eddie is in store? Anyways, sure looks nasty and I do hope it heals well for ya and sorry that happened to ya! Take care!!!
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited August 2014
    keith's fingers are pretty wild

not the best view of them. just dial up some keith interviews or stones music. you'll see.
    not that he's missing a finger but they are seriously fucking huge & deformed from playing all these years

jerry garcia
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    for your listening enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpGdG27K9o
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    chadwick said:

not the best view of them. just dial up some keith interviews or stones music. you'll see.
    not that he's missing a finger but they are seriously fucking huge & deformed from playing all these years

jerry garcia

My pinky looks a little like Keith's. I don't hold a candle to you guys though. I smashed it a few years ago on a camping trip between a five gallon jug of water and a stainless steel counter top. Kind of made me feel like throwing up at the time. By the time we got home it wasn't horrible, so I ignored it. But if I bump it now, it really hurts. So I baby it a lot, and then I catch it on things and it hurts worse. I showed my doc the other day how it was looking and she said, "I think you broke that finger." I see the hand surgeon on Monday. Sorry for your owie ;) Rob. I hope it ceases to be painful soon and heals quickly.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    And I have to say that I have been =)) at some of the responses here. I used to work with a doc, who I never saw more animated that when the lady came in after bleeding for hours after cutting open a pack of batteries with a serrated butter knife. The knife slipped and she cut her thumb. I was working triage in the urgent care and he actually came out to get me to "come in and see this", before he stitched her up. ;)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

But if I bump it now, it really hurts. So I baby it a lot, and then I catch it on things and it hurts worse.

that's when it's time to yell, "MOTHERF**CKER!!!"

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

But if I bump it now, it really hurts. So I baby it a lot, and then I catch it on things and it hurts worse.

that's when it's time to yell, "MOTHERF**CKER!!!"

;) I do usually get a good "goddammit" in, if the kids aren't in hearing range.
  • lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I’ll pipe in here as a Female. When I was 6 my mother slammed the sliding glass door on my hand (accidently ;)) and cut off the tip of my left ring finger. It dangled there held on by a piece of skin as I was rushed to the emergency room. They sewed it back on with a stitch straight thru the nail. I don’t remember the pain of the cut as much as the nausea of when they took the stitches out. I was super fortunate that it healed nicely. I do have a good scar and the nail grows differently than all the others.
    imageScar photo 2014-08-20141736_zpsbc1f4605.jpg" />

Then about 3 weeks ago…I found myself sticking my hand thru an old antique fan with a metal fan blade. Luckily, I only lost the nail this time around.
    imageFight with the Fan photo 2014-07-23165025_zps93fb630b.jpg" />
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    edited August 2014

chadwick said:

jerry garcia

My pinky looks a little like Keith's. I don't hold a candle to you guys though. I smashed it a few years ago on a camping trip between a five gallon jug of water and a stainless steel counter top. Kind of made me feel like throwing up at the time. By the time we got home it wasn't horrible, so I ignored it. But if I bump it now, it really hurts. So I baby it a lot, and then I catch it on things and it hurts worse. I showed my doc the other day how it was looking and she said, "I think you broke that finger." I see the hand surgeon on Monday. Sorry for your owie ;) Rob. I hope it ceases to be painful soon and heals quickly.
    We need pics for proof.Come on now! The more out of whack the better.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    lazloblue said:

I’ll pipe in here as a Female. When I was 6 my mother slammed the sliding glass door on my hand (accidently ;)) and cut off the tip of my left ring finger. It dangled there held on by a piece of skin as I was rushed to the emergency room. They sewed it back on with a stitch straight thru the nail. I don’t remember the pain of the cut as much as the nausea of when they took the stitches out. I was super fortunate that it healed nicely. I do have a good scar and the nail grows differently than all the others.
    imageScar photo 2014-08-20141736_zpsbc1f4605.jpg" />

Then about 3 weeks ago…I found myself sticking my hand thru an old antique fan with a metal fan blade. Luckily, I only lost the nail this time around.
    imageFight with the Fan photo 2014-07-23165025_zps93fb630b.jpg" />

She says with a band aid also on the next finger.lol
    Quality scar,lifelong deformity of fingertip,good work ,and your still trying to up your game.You got moxy,ill say that.well done.
    Welcome aboard Lazloblue

And I have to say that I have been =)) at some of the responses here. I used to work with a doc, who I never saw more animated that when the lady came in after bleeding for hours after cutting open a pack of batteries with a serrated butter knife. The knife slipped and she cut her thumb. I was working triage in the urgent care and he actually came out to get me to "come in and see this", before he stitched her up. ;)

I hate that plastic packaging.You could cut yourself something violent on that stuff.I bet this kind of injury happens a lot.