MOTHERF**KER!!!!!!

Comments

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Me too although I have not tried brushing my teeth with my right hand I think too I would hurt my gums if I tried lol
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited August 2014
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zps7871ded7.jpg" />

Sorry no blood.Had em too long.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Lol. Looks like you have one more digit than me! That's about how my hand looks now (other than I have some severe scarring).
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Good lord!!! I'm not worthy. ^:)^

got about three hours of sleep last night. at one point, I washed a lortab down with some fireball.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Lol. Looks like you have one more digit than me! That's about how my hand looks now (other than I have some severe scarring).

Primitive 70s skin graft on Index tip.Sewed finger to my hip for 6 weeks.They did leave me a lil mosquito bite scratcher w/nail cuticle,so that's sweet.
    edited August 2014
    The best part was the middle finger is like straight up bone and scar tissue.I used to thump all my buddies in the chest with that bad boy,It would leave them welted and black and blue.Gotta turn a negative into a positive.lol
    edited August 2014
    imalive said:

got about three hours of sleep last night. at one point, I washed a lortab down with some fireball.

You did good bro,don't sell yourself short.It was a quality effort.At least you know you are not alone here.
    .Last -12 you sir are a pro!!
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zpsd2724cac.jpg" />

President of the club!
    hedonist said:

Figures this thread is dominated by men.

Just a few minutes ago, one of our cats was running around all hopped up, and her claws got the top/side of my foot as she went by. Got me good with a nice long c-shaped cut. I whined the whole time I put Neosporin and a band-aid on the "wound".

Hi, my name is hedonist and I am a pussy :D

Seriously, you folks have my respect.

There is a Ted Nugent joke here somewhere! :-j
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

Figures this thread is dominated by men.

Just a few minutes ago, one of our cats was running around all hopped up, and her claws got the top/side of my foot as she went by. Got me good with a nice long c-shaped cut. I whined the whole time I put Neosporin and a band-aid on the "wound".

Hi, my name is hedonist and I am a pussy :D

Seriously, you folks have my respect.

There is a Ted Nugent joke here somewhere! :-j
    :D
    edited August 2014
    imalive said:

My intent wasn't to story top you. Like rr said, you're not alone in the fight against men doing dumb things to lose fingers! Lol. Hang in there.

One more bit of advice: be careful with the pain killers. I was on Percocet for over a year and when they decided I didn't need anymore, well let's just say it was a tough 4 days.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Can I join your little club? I cut the top of my 3rd knuckle right hand while cooking last year. I cut right through and got the extensor tendon. They had to take an "extra" tendon from another spot in my hand to repair it with a graft. I was out of work all summer last year and had extensive therapy which is ironic bc I myself do hand therapy. I have no gruesome pictures though, sorry. When I was sitting in the ER severed hand kept playing in my brain.

I also cut the tip of my left thumb nearly off (very similar pics to imalive) while chopping sundried tomatoes a couple of years ago. Fingernail involved. They stitched it up nicely. I still don't have sensation in the tip of my thumb.

I've seen very very nasty cuts, burns crush injuries in my career. Do your exercises people and keep the fingers away from sharp objects!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
    edited August 2014

Can I join your little club? I cut the top of my 3rd knuckle right hand while cooking last year. I cut right through and got the extensor tendon. They had to take an "extra" tendon from another spot in my hand to repair it with a graft. I was out of work all summer last year and had extensive therapy which is ironic bc I myself do hand therapy. I have no gruesome pictures though, sorry. When I was sitting in the ER severed hand kept playing in my brain.

I also cut the tip of my left thumb nearly off (very similar pics to imalive) while chopping sundried tomatoes a couple of years ago. Fingernail involved. They stitched it up nicely. I still don't have sensation in the tip of my thumb.

I've seen very very nasty cuts, burns crush injuries in my career. Do your exercises people and keep the fingers away from sharp objects!

No pics huh? Can you give us something ?Good scars? But since You did a lot of internal damage plus duplicated Imalives fun and games I say yes.The more the merrier.Now of course I can't speak for the other members.But I think we def have room for you.Plus we need some female members.

Can I join your little club?

When I was sitting in the ER severed hand kept playing in my brain.

as far as I'm concerned, you're in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPZONx9XxhE

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Imalive I apologize if we took your thread in a weird direction.
    For what it's worth have your significant other or you do it rub the joints surrounding the hand and thumb.I found it helps a lot with the discomfort.Be careful reaching for stuff with that hand for a while.The smallest tap against the thumb will have you seeing stars.
    When they did my tendon repair, the doctors took the tendon out of my wrist. I have the scar to prove, just no picture!
  • GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    this is crazy stuff. who would have thought we would have multiple people around here with missing digits. Must be Stone's fault.
    though i do like the bit about "thumping my buddies in the chest with it"

i don't have any interesting stories about chopping off body parts. I did have a bebe (beebee?) lodged in my head for like 14 years and didn't know it until someone put a magnet up to my eyebrow and it stuck.

Rob- OUCH! heal fast and well! those pics gave me the heebie-jeebies

Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2

When they did my tendon repair, the doctors took the tendon out of my wrist. I have the scar to prove, just no picture!

Dude your a Legacy now.you have provided wonderful pics already.Your other scars are just window dressing.
    rr165892 said:

Dude your a Legacy now.you have provided wonderful pics already.Your other scars are just window dressing.
    Why do I get the feeling that theres a shit ton of sarcasm in that? =))

rr165892 said:

Why do I get the feeling that theres a shit ton of sarcasm in that? =))
    No,no not at all.Great pics.As someone who has had to deal with this my whole life I am very in tune with this stuff.Its not tough to stomach for me.I really do appreciate and can relate to what you had to deal with.I don't think people realize how much impact it has on your everyday life.Stupid shit like Picking a coin up off the ground,What side of the bed to sleep on,pulling off tape,holding tiny screws,Holding a hammer,Gripping dumbells,Holding a pencil,etc,etc
    Also I love when people kinda notice and try sneaking looks,I purposely fuck with them and curl my digits in and toy with them a bit.But others who have had traumatic hand injuries will come right out and say" oh yeah well look at this" and show you there contribution.
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zps054d26d0.jpg" />imagephoto imagejpg1_zpsb6226bf4.jpg" />imagephoto imagejpg1_zpsaf5555bd.jpg" />imagephoto imagejpg1_zps6893536b.jpg" />

Other prominent members:)))
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I just wanted to say that the first thing I thought when I saw the first pic was..."next PJ show I go to, I'm gonna hold up a sign 'PLAY THUMBING MY WAY FOR IMALIVE'"

...and I think Megan Fox's thumb is natural- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvtg7cQEVQE
    I worked with a girl who I was told had 'toe thumbs' (I never noticed), so I looked, and she really did.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    wait. what? are those pics real? haha
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    when i was young i worked with a guy at a sawmill. i stacked lumber all day. this guy did many different tasks. one was guiding lumber into saw blades. first one accident, then two accidents, then a third accident & i have now lost track. dude is seriously missing some meat, bone & flesh from his hands. fuck all that noise

i did smash my fingers quite regularly as i recall when catching (on rollers) large sections of trees. stupid fucking job. love trees

i have a few home made knives crafted from old circular sawmill blades with mule deer antlers for the handles. great steel. very strong & very sharp. becareful out there, kids
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    jerry garcia anyone? look at his picking hand in case you don't know

i believe his brother accidently chopped off his middle finger with a hatchet when they were young kids messin around
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

I've had a few knife accidents while cooking, too. Nothing that rose to the level of carnage in this thread! LOL. Great stuff. Here's my latest from a couple years ago on Christmas Eve. Cut off the tip of my finger while chopping dill - turned away from my cutting to check on potatoes and felt the knife go through something that wasn't dill). Pulled the phone out of my pocket, snapped a quick pick, then off to the ER to stop the bleeding. Got back home, got everything packed up, and off to the Christmas Eve dinner.

fingertip
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

I've had a few knife accidents while cooking, too. Nothing that rose to the level of carnage in this thread! LOL. Great stuff. Here's my latest from a couple years ago on Christmas Eve. Cut off the tip of my finger while chopping dill - turned away from my cutting to check on potatoes and felt the knife go through something that wasn't dill). Pulled the phone out of my pocket, snapped a quick pick, then off to the ER to stop the bleeding. Got back home, got everything packed up, and off to the Christmas Eve dinner.

fingertip
    You sure Thats not a sliced almond?lol ,Where the blood?
    Just kidding how did you heal up? Do you got a flat finger tip? And more importantly what became of the fresh dill.
    chadwick said:

jerry garcia anyone? look at his picking hand in case you don't know

i believe his brother accidently chopped off his middle finger with a hatchet when they were young kids messin around

Nice add,thank you
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rr165892 said:

jeffbr said:

fingertip

You sure Thats not a sliced almond?lol ,Where the blood?
    Just kidding how did you heal up? Do you got a flat finger tip? And more importantly what became of the fresh dill.
    Haha, the blood started about 1 second after the cut. By then I had time to say "Motherfucker" (coincidentally the title of the thread!), drop the knife, and move my finger to the sink to contain the blood. I decided against adding the dill to the dish. :)) Was left with a flat fingertip, although it has slowly rounded a bit, and no feeling there. Pretty rookie injury compared to everyone else, but since we were putting up fun pictures, I figured I'd share.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    chadwick said:

when i was young i worked with a guy at a sawmill. i stacked lumber all day. this guy did many different tasks. one was guiding lumber into saw blades. first one accident, then two accidents, then a third accident & i have now lost track. dude is seriously missing some meat, bone & flesh from his hands. fuck all that noise

a buddy of mine worked in a furniture factory in NC. he said that after you had lost 3 fingers you were automatically promoted to foreman :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16