Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited May 2014
    So they say there will be no other special pressings of this album and then this comes out.

Edit: I guess I should've read everything first.

Vault members needn’t worry – the Vault version and the standard version of Lazaretto both contain all ULTRA LP features. The LP will come with an MP3 download card. Pre-order begins today. Lazaretto will be officially released June 10th.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    JK_Livin said:

So they say there will be no other special pressings of this album and then this comes out.

This is the "standard" version. Jack just went all out for the regular release. This one and the Vault version that closed at the end of April will be the only two versions of this pressed.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Wow, that sounds like quite the fancy pants record, lol. My TT doesn't even have 78 speed. :P
    I could do without the extensive number of pointless gimmicks to be honest, but I know some people like that kind of thing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

Wow, that sounds like quite the fancy pants record, lol. My TT doesn't even have 78 speed. :P
    I could do without the extensive number of pointless gimmicks to be honest, but I know some people like that kind of thing.

Jack White is the P. T. Barnum / Willy Wonka of the record business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-8B-_Jq2ro
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

sweet!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I remember the liquid filled record that kept leaking onto people's turntables, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    MedozK said:

^^^Excellent description B-) ^^^
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    And Kiss thinks they know how to market.
    PJ_Soul said:

Whether you want or like that extras, you can't beat $20.00 for a new album. A very nice price.

Tom O.
    -The Writer
    $20 and its got all the bells and whistles.....i am eagerly awaiting this release.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Just pulled the trigger on this one
    I have the Vault release of this coming as well
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Digging the new song, too. Still haven't heard as good of an album since Blunderbuss.... Although Beck's new one is right there.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    RobbyD462 said:

Just pulled the trigger on this one
    I have the Vault release of this coming as well

Yea. I'm getting both also, should be really cool.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

Digging the new song, too. Still haven't heard as good of an album since Blunderbuss.... Although Beck's new one is right there.

Thanks for reminding me to grab beck! Completely slipped my mind
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Playing either one of the two "Under Label" songs doesnt seem to be a good idea for your needle.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

Playing either one of the two "Under Label" songs doesnt seem to be a good idea for your needle.

I was thinking the same thing... I guess I'll give it a try right before I'm replacing it anyway... or not. Don't love the idea of the label being destroyed too much either, lol.
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    MedozK said:

$20 and its got all the bells and whistles.....i am eagerly awaiting this release.

Yeah had to purchase at that price. Maybe I should purchase two. One to play, one to keep sealed for flippability ;)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    edited May 2014
    JK_Livin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Whether you want or like that extras, you can't beat $20.00 for a new album. A very nice price.

Oh for sure. Great price - I grabbed one too just because.

I was really just being sick and cranky when I said that anyway. No, there is no need for all the weird features. But it's fun... just as long as the weird features don't cause problems. I guess that's my real issue with items like this. When JW does crazy shit with vinyl he opens the door to so many more problems than we see with "normal" vinyl, which already has its own issues (surprisingly). I already mentioned the leaky liquid vinyl, and I recall a shitload of issues with that record within a record thing that actually cracked open to reveal a single inside that he created a while back too... It's like modern cars. Tons of awesome new features like they park themselves and make you an americano while you're driving, but there are so many more things that can and do go wrong. That said, the crazy records are still fun and creative.....

I find Jack White kind of weird btw. He is always doing fun and interesting things - yeah, kind of like Willy Wonka - yet he so often presents himself as deadpan and emotionless. Like, i get hiw this kind of attracts people to him in a way; he's definitely his own man this way. But does he do this on purpose, kind of like The Undertaker playing his role, or is that closer to the real JW?? I haven't had the good fortune to see him live yet - does he keep this behaviour up for his shows too?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    PJ_Soul said:

JK_Livin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh for sure. Great price - I grabbed one too just because.

I was really just being sick and cranky when I said that anyway. No, there is no need for all the weird features. But it's fun... just as long as the weird features don't cause problems. I guess that's my real issue with items like this. When JW does crazy shit with vinyl he opens the door to so many more problems than we see with "normal" vinyl, which already has its own issues (surprisingly). I already mentioned the leaky liquid vinyl, and I recall a shitload of issues with that record within a record thing that actually cracked open to reveal a single inside that he created a while back too... It's like modern cars. Tons of awesome new features like they park themselves and make you an americano while you're driving, but there are so many more things that can and do go wrong. That said, the crazy records are still fun and creative.....

I find Jack White kind of weird btw. He is always doing fun and interesting things - yeah, kind of like Willy Wonka - yet he so often presents himself as deadpan and emotionless. Like, i get hiw this kind of attracts people to him in a way; he's definitely his own man this way. But does he do this on purpose, kind of like The Undertaker playing his role, or is that closer to the real JW?? I haven't had the good fortune to see him live yet - does he keep this behaviour up for his shows too?
    I saw the White Stripes years ago, and Jack is playing a local festival and am hoping to see him then.

He was pretty emotionless when I saw them live way back when. But pretty unreal to see live too. Very raw, jammy, lots of improv with songs.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    So...the ultra lp's are only available at his online store? Standard lp's for the record stores? If so, I may need to grab another for a friend. Does anyone know?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    mfc2006 said:

So...the ultra lp's are only available at his online store? Standard lp's for the record stores? If so, I may need to grab another for a friend. Does anyone know?

I ordered the ultra lp via Piccadilly Records here in the UK. They sent me a preorder email yesterday about it.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719

I just ordered one of those new Orbit record players by Insound (with the Grado Black cartridge) and I will NOT be using it for the under label tracks. I will listen to those with my current player that is soon to be replaced for good anyway.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Ultra LP is up on Amazon now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited May 2014
    mfc2006 said:

I never even read anything about a standard LP. Is there one? I kind of assumed that this ultra LP is the one meant for the masses.

The one from TMR is only $20. The Amazon.ca one is $30. Even after shipping ordering from TMR is slightly cheaper than Amazon for me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    mfc2006 said:

The Ultra LP is the only release. The vault version is on split color vinyl...that's the only difference.

The LP is sold everywhere.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Gotcha. Thanks, everyone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Jack White on Jimmy Fallon this Monday with Neil Young
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Jack White on Jimmy Fallon this Monday with Neil Young

Awesome! Wow, Fallon ' gonna shit his pants, lol. Best part about his show is how excited he gets when really amazing musicians visit. He is so relateable in those moments.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Of course this would happen. I'm going to Bonnaroo next month to see Jack, and in the off chance that something special was planned at Thirdman for his release date on 6/10, I'm leaving L.A. on 6/9 (I want to see Nashville, too). So, it just gets announced that Jack's playing 3 special release week shows in LA 6/10-6/12. Oof.

http://jackwhiteiii.com/new-los-angeles-pomona-shows-fallon-video/