Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    Just got back from having my mind fucked by jack white. Mite of been weak set for some of you, but that show was fucken amazing. Guess you had to be there. It was insane. At least for myself. Jose and chris, you guys rock! Can't wait to see another show with u guys. Jose, thanks for stopping at the bakery before the show, those cookies were so fucken delicious. Chris, I'll text u my address for my posters. Thanks man, I was hammered and my phone fucken died. I'll hit u guys up tomorrow. Or later on today.

It was a pleasure meeting you Nart. Pleasure meeting Jose too! Show was great! I only got half of the second act because a drunk Phish head wouldn't shut up!!! I kept on telling him to leave me alone… I was going to punch him but I know he didn't mean no harm so I got half of that second set…

Amazing show though. I loved the bluegrass in the first set.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Fucken phish heads! God damn hippies, shut up! =))
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    badbrains wrote: »
    Just got back from having my mind fucked by jack white. Mite of been weak set for some of you, but that show was fucken amazing. Guess you had to be there. It was insane. At least for myself. Jose and chris, you guys rock! Can't wait to see another show with u guys. Jose, thanks for stopping at the bakery before the show, those cookies were so fucken delicious. Chris, I'll text u my address for my posters. Thanks man, I was hammered and my phone fucken died. I'll hit u guys up tomorrow. Or later on today.

It was a pleasure meeting you Nart. Pleasure meeting Jose too! Show was great! I only got half of the second act because a drunk Phish head wouldn't shut up!!! I kept on telling him to leave me alone… I was going to punch him but I know he didn't mean no harm so I got half of that second set…

Amazing show though. I loved the bluegrass in the first set.

Hell yeah it was great meeting you & Nart went in with no expectations just wanted to enjoy a good show with cool peeps and it was totally that & more i thought his set was fantastic would i like more songs yeah but for my 1st Jack White show he totally delivered ,,,,I hope we can catch more shows together Chris & Nart you guys are good folks .....See you soon

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    My first Jack White show. I bought tickets through the Vault and was on the GA West floor, twenty feet from the stage. It felt like a small club for me until I would turn around and see the size of the Garden. I've lived in NY my whole life and seeing MSG from the floor is pretty awe inspiring.

Jack and the band were terrific. I am also spoiled by PJ and thought he would play longer and have some more surprises as special guests other than Q-Tip. It was a great show but after watching the Bonnaroo DVD multiple times I feel we got a B+ show.

BTW, the poster is awesome. It's huge and it was $50 which was a little sticker shock compared to PJ.

"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited January 2015
    Another rock poster with a skull, lol.

It is cool looking though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Listening to replay of MSG show
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,160
    jesus the american/canadian exchange rate is fucked. I bought the new vault package. $60 US. $70 for Canadians. add in the exchange. $97.25. MOTHERF.......
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Uuuuuugggghhhhhh. The exchange rate has really put a damper on my vinyl buying! ~X(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Uuuuuugggghhhhhh. The exchange rate has really put a damper on my vinyl buying! ~X(

I had successfully gone to Vinyl Anonymous and quit. Even sold most of it. Well, recently, it came back. Worse than ever. Mainly because a lot of local Winnipeg bands are putting their stuff out on vinyl now. So it pulled me back in. And after I passed on buying vaults 3 and 4 for a sane price.

And now the exchange rate is in the toilet.

Fugh.

:((
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Still enjoying the Jack White buzzzzzzzz from Friday night oh and still frozen from the walk to bar before show fuck this winter ....
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    Jose! My man, hahaha, it was fucken freezing that night! We went to Carnegie deli afterwards and it was a disaster hahahaha.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    @paulonious do you know or listen to The Thrashers?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis wrote: »

the winnipeg band? if so, another band I like plays with them sometimes, which is how I know the name, but I haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    paulonious wrote: »

the winnipeg band? if so, another band I like plays with them sometimes, which is how I know the name, but I haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

Yeah they're a Winnipeg band. I just know the family of the bass player.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    paulonious wrote: »

Yeah they're a Winnipeg band. I just know the family of the bass player.

I've seen them on the same bill as Mobina Galore (winnipeg female two piece punk band-I just got their new record on vinyl). I hope to see them both live soon.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Now i really wanna see JW again soon i hope he does some shows this summer .....
  • Options
    We're so there Jose, I'm with you man!
  • Options
    It was a great show. He is so talented and he's is a killer performer. As others have said... Just wish the show was longer. 1.45 show is just not long enough for A-list rock shows.

On the bright side, caught an earlier train and got home 45 minutes sooner than I thought.

Oh... And play Philly you pussy!
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    Fuck philly! But def have jack play there and I'll be there!
  • Options
    Did anybody capture the Pandora stream for posterity?
  • Options
    Damn. I'm glad I didn't do this show and then fly out to OBH the next day after seeing the set. Any reason for the short set or no?
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Damn. I'm glad I didn't do this show and then fly out to OBH the next day after seeing the set. Any reason for the short set or no?

It was not a short set, the majority of his shows are around 21-22 songs. Every now and then he'll do one that is 25 or more. Played a similar number of songs in Nashville. Just may have been people expecting more since it was NYC.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

It was not a short set, the majority of his shows are around 21-22 songs. Every now and then he'll do one that is 25 or more. Played a similar number of songs in Nashville. Just may have been people expecting more since it was NYC.
    Yea. Jack is a Two-Hour guy, most his shows hover around that number...may go 2:15 sometimes. So really how ever many songs he gets to in that amount of time is what he does, since he doesn't do set lists.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    MedozK wrote: »

Yea. Jack is a Two-Hour guy, most his shows hover around that number...may go 2:15 sometimes. So really how ever many songs he gets to in that amount of time is what he does, since he doesn't do set lists.

He pretty much jams on most songs too. When we saw him in Leeds last year he opened with High Ball Stepper and it seemed like it was playing for 10 minutes!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    we all need to stop expecting a 3 hour marathon like PJ gives us. I went to see my other favourite band, Headstones, 5 times last year, and they averaged about 90 minutes to 2 hours. I felt a bit jipped at first, but then I enjoyed the show for what it was: a blistering high energy punk rock show. But there was also an opener. And PJ is more of a high and low peaks and valleys sort of show. If they played nothing but Ramones covers, you can bet they'd play no more than 90 minutes too. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,878
    I saw Jack play Nashville last week and he clocked in around 2 hrs. Given the energy he and his band poured into that time frame, especially Daru the drummer, each show would be the equivalent of a marathon were they to stretch it to the 3hr mark. Daru Jones is Jack White's version of Beast Mode, the dude is off the charts, interplanetary-galactic-drummer. He goes after it so much I don't know that he could play 3hrs at that pace. That said, I walked out after the show satisfied w/ the time played based on what they packed into it (and also appreciative that our boys in PJ consistently deliver 28-30ish songs/2.5ish hours a show).
  • Options
    Great way to describe the drummer I haven't seen anybody go at it like that dude ,,,,
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Always leave em wanting more, right?
    I think Jack plays the perfect length of show myself. Not too long, not too short.
    If I'm being totally honest, I think Pearl Jam could keep their shows under 3 hours. Once it gets to the 2:40 mark a lot of people are ready to go, the pit is worn out, and the energy of the crowd wanes. I DO appreciate that PJ does the long shows because I'm not personally ready to go when a lot of the crowd seems to be... but I wouldn't be upset if they pared them back a bit either. Even if they did they'd still be up there longer than nearly every other act.
  • Options
    Just watched the Pandora interview good stuff , he doesn't write set list for shows just goes on feel of the crowd ....cool as fuck
  • Options
    Hmm I guess when I see 22 or 23 songs I expect it to be closer to 2.5 or even 3. I'd say most of the bigger bands I see (PJ, MMJ, Phish, Bruce, yada yada) are all well over two so I figured JW would be around there.

But yeah I figured since it was MSG and not part of a whole tour that it would be something extra special.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway