Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Very Nice.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    Hmmm.. Very Nice. Anyone have the setlist for that show?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    $60 from me to Third Man
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    FrankieG wrote: »
    Hmmm.. Very Nice. Anyone have the setlist for that show?

Blue Orchid
    Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
    Black Math
    Love Sick (Bob Dylan)
    My Doorbell
    Passive Manipulation
    Hotel Yorba
    The Same Boy You’ve Always Known (electric)
    The Same Boy You’ve Always Known (acoustic)
    Little Ghost
    When I Hear My Name
    I Asked For Water (Howlin Wolf)
    Fell in Love With a Girl
    The Nurse
    Little Bird
    Death Letter (Son House)
    St. James Infirmary (traditional)
    Screwdriver
    Passive Manipulation (reprise)
    I Just Don’t Know What to Do With Myself
    (I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time (Albert Von Tilzer/Neville Fleeson)
    I Just Don’t Know What to Do With Myself (continued)
    Seven Nation Army

May be more excited for the DVD though

"So it should come as no surprise that we’d pair this LP with DVD footage from that performance. Words do not ably describe the beauty of the Teatro Amazonas nor the furor riled up by the White Stripes appearance. Not only was there fear that the amplification of the band would cause the plaster in the building to crack and possible fall and injure attendees, but out of custom/fear/lord-knows-what the crowd remained seated until being explicitly asked to stand from the stage by Jack White himself. If that wasn’t enough, during the show Jack and Meg ventured outside the venue to play an entirely unamplified version of “We Are Going to Be Friends” for the assembled multitude of fans unable to purchase tickets and watching the performance via closed-circuit feed. The resultant melee was arguably a riot and was lovingly captured by the film crew documenting that evening’s importance. All together what it makes is one of the best true rock and roll moments of the past decade. Heck, Jack White even got married that day."
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    Shit looks like they pulled me back in!

Too bad we don't get a get a vinyl copy of Get behind me Satan (studio) as well!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    $60 from me to Third Man
    I have my Paypal deducted for every vault, before they even release the information.
    I'm the quintessential, take my money I don't care what it is.
    kohnw7.jpg
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    Works for me.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,049
    RobbyD462 wrote: »
    Shit looks like they pulled me back in!

Too bad we don't get a get a vinyl copy of Get behind me Satan (studio) as well!

Then what would they sell on RSD?
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    edited January 2015
    Are they doing that for RSD?
    That be cool!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,878
    ResizedImage600480-Vault23-webmockup-Retina-Final-800.jpg

Looks pretty cool

=P~
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Nice. Should be sick
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    ResizedImage600480-Vault23-webmockup-Retina-Final-800.jpg

Looks pretty cool

Definitely in on this. Picked up the "Under Great Northern Lights" vinyl last month and that's cool, so gotta get this too. Love me some live vinyl :)

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Damn, I was hoping for a quarter off.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,049
    That be cool!

It's widely assumed. Noting its the 10th anniversary in this vault press release kinda confirms they are marking the anniversary. They are also at the GBMS era for stripes reissues. A reissue is gonna happen. RSD seems like the logical time. Like Elephant 2 RSDs ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do another singles box for the next quarter Vault.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    That be cool!

It's widely assumed. Noting its the 10th anniversary in this vault press release kinda confirms they are marking the anniversary. They are also at the GBMS era for stripes reissues. A reissue is gonna happen. RSD seems like the logical time. Like Elephant 2 RSDs ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do another singles box for the next quarter Vault.

Is it a reissue if it technically has never been released on vinyl? I'm all for them finally putting out either way.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    That be cool!

Is it a reissue if it technically has never been released on vinyl? I'm all for them finally putting out either way.

GBMS was never released on vinyl, even when it came out? I'm a late comer to the the WS so I don't know much back history other than something bad happened in Philly and he'll never play here again.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    JK_Livin wrote: »
    That be cool!

GBMS was never released on vinyl, even when it came out? I'm a late comer to the the WS so I don't know much back history other than something bad happened in Philly and he'll never play here again.
    Yea. CD only. There are a few promo vinyls (600) in circulation, but they are very expensive.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    MedozK wrote: »
    JK_Livin wrote: »
    That be cool!

Yea. CD only. There are a few promo vinyls (600) in circulation, but they are very expensive.

Wow, that's very surprising.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I've heard rumors that the master tapes were messed up somehow, but nothing more than hearsay. The lack of a reissue when the rest of the catalog is readily available does raise some eyebrows, though.
  • Options
    wikipedia wrote:
    Get Behind Me Satan is the only album by The White Stripes to not be commercially released in a vinyl format. The reason behind it was because The White Stripes had intended to re-record Get Behind Me Satan entirely live in a New Zealand studio and wanted that to be the official vinyl version. However, the studio that they were planning to record it in no longer had the recording equipment to make it possible. As a result, there was never a commercially released vinyl of the album. Yet, there are only a few copies of the album on vinyl LP that were given exclusively to music journalists for review, which have since become coveted collector's items. They were released by both XL Recordings and V2 Records and each label had only 300, making the total 600 and highly rare.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    wikipedia wrote:
    Get Behind Me Satan is the only album by The White Stripes to not be commercially released in a vinyl format. The reason behind it was because The White Stripes had intended to re-record Get Behind Me Satan entirely live in a New Zealand studio and wanted that to be the official vinyl version. However, the studio that they were planning to record it in no longer had the recording equipment to make it possible. As a result, there was never a commercially released vinyl of the album. Yet, there are only a few copies of the album on vinyl LP that were given exclusively to music journalists for review, which have since become coveted collector's items. They were released by both XL Recordings and V2 Records and each label had only 300, making the total 600 and highly rare.

Wow!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    wikipedia wrote:

Wow did not know that. Definitely in for this vault then! :D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,428
    Bummed that I missed out on Vault 22, not missing this one. Just pulled the trigger on it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    So glad I get a raise and my 4Q/2014 bonus this month! I have my 10C renewal, renting a cabin at the lake for a weekend to celebrate my friends' 30th bdays, and no way am I gonna pass this up!
  • Options
    It was announced today that Run The Jewels will open for Jack at the 1/30 MSG show :-O \m/ . Stoked to be getting to see Loretta Lynn open in Nashville but, dang, RTJ???, what a friggin' combo. Good on ya to those going to the MSG show.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    ^ that's awesome. For whatever reason I always miss him when he's around the Philly area.

The only way I could have pulled it would have been to book my flight to Mexico that leaves the following morning out of NYC. If knly I had enough notice before booking...
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Anyone going to see Shabazz Palaces play TMR this Sat?? Would love to go but making the drive up from B'ham that day isn't feasible.
  • Options
    jjflash wrote: »
    Anyone going to see Shabazz Palaces play TMR this Sat?? Would love to go but making the drive up from B'ham that day isn't feasible.
    Thought about it, but other things came up.
  • Options
    Jack White at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Next Week... Can't wait!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Msg in 8 days! You ready Jose?!?!?