Options

Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

I tried on SG's password. Didnt really get anything. Not enough to justify the price and trip to Toronto for a Sunday show. Should have gone NIN

Yeah because the service charges for the NIN.com pre-sale is actually lower than on Ticketmaster. Btw, the 100L is actually RESERVED SEATING.
  • Options
    Edrock78Edrock78 Posts: 167
    My buddy just text me to let me know he got us 5th row behind pit, dead center for the Camden show. I'm beyond pumped!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    All I got for Toronto was 406 deep row. Was able to pull a single or 2 in good spots, but I would be going with someone.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Does anyone know if the ticket purchaser has to walk in with the sg presale, or is this only for NIN? I got 2 with the mywave presale but I'm curious if I can give them to someone else if I get better tix during another sale?
  • Options
    lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 128
    Got three orchestra for Bristow. Was absolutely shocked when they came up. Don't know if it's worth the $, but what the hell.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Red Lukin said:

Does anyone know if the ticket purchaser has to walk in with the sg presale, or is this only for NIN? I got 2 with the mywave presale but I'm curious if I can give them to someone else if I get better tix during another sale?

Probably the same policy as the NIN pre-sale. Get the tickets and then they throw you and your friend through the gate.

You could buy other tickets, hand them to the people who you are selling these ones to, and then trade once inside.

7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,431
    Scored a pair of 4th row Garden Boxes for the Hollywood Bowl.....glad they removed the "captcha" code requirement for the presale!
  • Options
    Thanks and good point. But i actually got tix with the nin and sg sale. I may end up causing a ruckus at the gate!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited March 2014
    I had section 105 Row A for Planet Hollywood and someone important walked into my office and it timed out...
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Red Lukin said:

Thanks and good point. But i actually got tix with the nin and sg sale. I may end up causing a ruckus at the gate!

Both in your name? What if both have immediate entry rules? That's what I was worried about.

Got front row for Chicago and Irvine (for a friend) and 7th row for Red Rocks because the first captcha didnt work.

Happy.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Then I'll try to go in with 3 others. How can they say no?

Actually I'll probably call tm to see if the sg tix are direct entry. I don't see that it says that anywhere.
    Post edited by Red Lukin on
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    I just got 4 tickets, sect 103 row z, for the woodlands using "mywave" password.
    I'm pleased.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Pulled 103 for Molson Amp - great seats. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    scored 2 tix in 7th row at Mansfield about an hour after the sale opened...beyond psyched! I was surprised to see so many great seats still available.
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    I just bought myself a single ticket for the Toronto show: Section 202, Row G.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    At first nothing good would come up for Chula Vista (San Diego) for a pair, but I kept trying and then got the second row of the pavilion, which I was happy with, as the pit area isn't huge. I was curious and tried again and got 12th row orchestra/pit! So I bought two more. I was curious and tried again and I could've got 6th row pit seats (no GA/standing)...but didn't purchase any others.

Now that I'm on this thread I'm worried about transferring the other two, with this immediate entry I'm hearing about. I signed up for Will Call too so I guess I'll have to have the lucky two other people who gets my tickets with me at Will Call??? I guess I should've got them mailed to me and then could've put a pair up on stub hub?

By the way...I don't have any takers yet from my best friends I offered them too...and I'm not ready to commit to selling these great tickets yet (for face value of course if I do it via this website), but if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll have your info if need be for further down the road if I still need to dump these. First request gets first crack. But we all have plenty of time to worry about this later.

Really pumped to see SG for the 3rd time and NIN for the first time!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I somehow managed to get seats today. Don't know how cuz I was half asleep but there was another presale.Very happy.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    I got an extra pair for toronto for sale.

202 row R

Great seats! If interested let me know. Face of course.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

202 row R

Not bad, but I got a better one with Section 202, Row G. I actually had a single in Section 102, Row G, but I personally prefer to be in the 200L at Molson Amphitheatre. I chose not to buy that ticket when I got Section 202, Row G. Also, front row at Molson Amphitheatre is not as good because the stage is a tad too high and some of the equipment do obstruct partially some of the stage. I had that experience with Carlos Santana in July 2010 and Great Big Sea in August 2010.
  • Options

Red Lukin said:

202 row R

Not bad, but I got a better one with Section 202, Row G. I actually had a single in Section 102, Row G, but I personally prefer to be in the 200L at Molson Amphitheatre. I chose not to buy that ticket when I got Section 202, Row G. Also, front row at Molson Amphitheatre is not as good because the stage is a tad too high and some of the equipment do obstruct partially some of the stage. I had that experience with Carlos Santana in July 2010 and Great Big Sea in August 2010.
    202 row g is perfect. I actually got tix in section 101 and wasn't sure which id prefer but decided id rather be closer, even though section 202 will likely have better sound and view.
  • Options
    jason_bouchard88jason_bouchard88 Posts: 220
    edited March 2014
    Red Lukin said:

Red Lukin said:

202 row R

202 row g is perfect. I actually got tix in section 101 and wasn't sure which id prefer but decided id rather be closer, even though section 202 will likely have better sound and view.
    Fair enough. I just find the seats in the 100L a bit tight. I also won't have to worry about will call though I will need to pick up my ticket at a Ticketmaster Retail Outlet, which I can do it at the earliest, this Friday.
  • Options

Red Lukin said:

Red Lukin said:

202 row R

Fair enough. I just find the seats in the 100L a bit tight. I also won't have to worry about will call though I will need to pick up my ticket at a Ticketmaster Retail Outlet, which I can do it at the earliest, this Friday.
    I thought long and hard about which seats to take. It was tough. 202 row G I'd take in a second, but row R is a bit too far compared to 6th row 100L. Row R is still better than 90% of the tickets though, especially considering they are centre.

Enjoy the show!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    gonna pass this tour. Hate Camden! only time i would go back there is to see Pearl Jam. Plus i already saw both of them recently.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Red Lukin said:

Red Lukin said:

Red Lukin said:

202 row R

I thought long and hard about which seats to take. It was tough. 202 row G I'd take in a second, but row R is a bit too far compared to 6th row 100L. Row R is still better than 90% of the tickets though, especially considering they are centre.

Enjoy the show!
    Thanks. This is one show I could have considered of skipping since I saw both bands last year, but I decided to go as I really like both bands and they both might do something special only on this leg. I don't expect a repeat of "Disappointed" during their Tension Tour though.
    Post edited by jason_bouchard88 on
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    Scored a pair for my daughters for the Holmdel show... middle of section 104, so good seats. At first there was nothing but lawn but after about 20 minutes the offerings kept getting better. I stopped rolling the dice when the 104's popped up. Gotta grab a single for myself but not too worried... August 2 is a long ways off! :)
  • Options

Scored a pair for my daughters for the Holmdel show... middle of section 104, so good seats. At first there was nothing but lawn but after about 20 minutes the offerings kept getting better. I stopped rolling the dice when the 104's popped up. Gotta grab a single for myself but not too worried... August 2 is a long ways off! :)

I think it's TM's new strategy. First offer crappy seats hoping people will buy thinking it's a show in high demand, then offer up the better seats.

Very sneaky and not cool at all.

It's happened to me the past few times I purchased tickets. I ended up buying 3 pairs of Beck tickets because the tickets kept getting considerably better and better.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Red Lukin said:

I think it's TM's new strategy. First offer crappy seats hoping people will buy thinking it's a show in high demand, then offer up the better seats.

It's happened to me the past few times I purchased tickets. I ended up buying 3 pairs of Beck tickets because the tickets kept getting considerably better and better.
    It does happens for a number of big shows that they release better seats closer to showtime. In fact, when the tickets went on sale for Dave Matthews Band at the Air Canada Centre on December 7, 2012, I couldn't get any good seats at all. Then, two days before the concert, I went on Ticketmaster and got GA Floor. I then check to see about reserved seats and I scored a pair in Section 118, Row 11, which were really great seats. Same with Nine Inch Nails last year, there were better seats closer to showtime and even on the day of the show, they released more GA Floor tickets, although I already bought my GA Floor ticket during the nin.com member pre-sale.
    Post edited by jason_bouchard88 on
  • Options

Red Lukin said:

It does happens for a number of big shows that they release better seats closer to showtime. In fact, when the tickets went on sale for Dave Matthews Band at the Air Canada Centre on December 7, 2012, I couldn't get any good seats at all. Then, two days before the concert, I went on Ticketmaster and got GA Floor. I then check to see about reserved seats and I scored a pair in Section 118, Row 11, which were really great seats. Same with Nine Inch Nails last year, there were better seats closer to showtime and even on the day of the show, they released more GA Floor tickets, although I already bought my GA Floor ticket during the nin.com member pre-sale.
    Oh I get that. They hold back tickets for a number of reasons. That's not my gripe. But I actually got GA NIN last year, last minute. I just walked up to the box office and asked for an upgrade.

My gripe is the release better and better tickets during the actually initial sale. I think it's a strategy by them to get rid of the crappy tickets first.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Red Lukin said:

Red Lukin said:

Oh I get that. They hold back tickets for a number of reasons. That's not my gripe. But I actually got GA NIN last year, last minute. I just walked up to the box office and asked for an upgrade.

My gripe is the release better and better tickets during the actually initial sale. I think it's a strategy by them to get rid of the crappy tickets first.
    You asked for an upgrade?! Never thought about doing this at all.
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 631
    My problem with the SG pre-sale is that even 300 and 400 level tickets were Will Call. So I passed, since if I settled for those tickets, I would eventually try to upgrade and having to deal with WC is a hassle for tickets I was looking to sell.

I then got 301 Row C aisle seats for Holmdel in the Citi pre-sale, sending regular mail...I'm happy enough, love SG and I've never seen NIN.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03