Options

Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    Jenfarr said:

My problem with the SG pre-sale is that even 300 and 400 level tickets were Will Call. So I passed, since if I settled for those tickets, I would eventually try to upgrade and having to deal with WC is a hassle for tickets I was looking to sell.

I then got 301 Row C aisle seats for Holmdel in the Citi pre-sale, sending regular mail...I'm happy enough, love SG and I've never seen NIN.

One of my problems with the nin.com member pre-sale and the Soundgarden Fan Club pre-sale is that the fans who bought nin.com pre-sale tickets would get early entry and since it is reserved seats even in the pit area, I'm like: "what's the point?" Yesterday, I settled in for a single ticket in Section 202, Row G. I need to pick up my ticket at a Ticketmaster Retail Outlet (didn't do regular as it is $3.50 per order and I already paid a lot with service fees). At least, I can get to my seat a few minutes before the show officially starts.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Only thing I would want early entry for is to start drinking, and also claim a spot on the hill at DTE. Even though I have seats., there will probably be a group of friends that meet up on the hill for a while. I can see myself moving between the hill and our seats throughout the night.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    jason_bouchard88jason_bouchard88 Posts: 220
    edited March 2014
    jonsey30 said:

Only thing I would want early entry for is to start drinking, and also claim a spot on the hill at DTE. Even though I have seats., there will probably be a group of friends that meet up on the hill for a while. I can see myself moving between the hill and our seats throughout the night.

Good point about drinks, though it's a f*ckin' rip off in Toronto. Hopefully, it will be reasonably warm that weekend and I hope Nine Inch Nails will play last so that we can get as much darkness as possible, although I love Soundgarden as well.
  • Options
    I'm glad to have bought my ticket during the Facebook pre-sale on Tuesday, as there does not appear to have any decent seats left. There's also a lot of lawn seats for the Toronto, but that's it.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

I'm glad to have bought my ticket during the Facebook pre-sale on Tuesday, as there does not appear to have any decent seats left. There's also a lot of lawn seats for the Toronto, but that's it.

Yeah, I checked it out - a section 301 ticket was the best one I tried after numerous refreshes, but most of the time 400s or lawns. Unbelievable!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    TheseGoToElevenTheseGoToEleven Charlotte, NC Posts: 106
    While not a fan of the way fan club tickets went down, I still managed to get some decent center-of-house seats for Charlotte on 8/7. This should be quite a show.
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Just got tix to the Red Rocks show. Disappointed in the prices, but I tell myself, it's TWO great bands you're paying for.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    edited March 2014
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,893
    Pretty excited. Landed 8th row center orchestra on the aisle for Irvine.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I'm wondering who the headliner here will be, NIN or Soundgarden? From the emails I've gotten so far it seems like NIN is getting top billing.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    jason_bouchard88jason_bouchard88 Posts: 220
    edited March 2014
    wall232 said:

I'm wondering who the headliner here will be, NIN or Soundgarden? From the emails I've gotten so far it seems like NIN is getting top billing.

I'm hoping for it. I'm sure a lot of fans are going there to see NIN, and not mention, some might go mainly for Soundgarden, although I'm there for both, but NIN are my favourite. Save the best for last. Plus, I want to see NIN in the dark, not with the sunlight like with their tour with Jane's Addiction.

Only a few single seats left remaining for the Toronto show, no more lawn seats available. I am astonished by how popular Nine Inch Nails are in Toronto. Soundgarden are also very popular and big in Toronto though. Too bad they may not have room available for a 2nd Toronto show.
    Post edited by jason_bouchard88 on
  • Options
    UPDATE: Toronto show is SOLD OUT except for several PLATINUM seats and tickets in the secondary market.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I passed on this show, seen both bands in the last year or so, and seeing them in 1994 was a great memory

Allocated my finite resources elsewhere, hope the shows kickass for everyone going
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,307
    Got my tickets, I know the song lists won't be as long for both bands if they were both doing individual headliner shows, but I'll have a great time
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,893
    edited March 2014
    wall232 said:

In 2009, NIN deferred to Jane's Addiction as headliner on their joint tour but currently, NIN & QOTSA are deciding the order of their joint Australian tour via coin flip.
  • Options
    W.M.EhW.M.Eh Posts: 133
    I am interested to see how the Toronto show unfolds without Death Grips supporting. One of only two shows on the tour without them, I am hopping for no replacement = longer sets from NIN & SG
    The last PJ show I went to was the best PJ show ever, that is until they come around again of course

• Options
    W.M.Eh said:

I am interested to see how the Toronto show unfolds without Death Grips supporting. One of only two shows on the tour without them, I am hopping for no replacement = longer sets from NIN & SG

I'm also hoping for that. If there is an opener, either have Chris Cornell or Alessandro Cortini (he did that for NIN in Japan last month) open the show in Toronto and Illinois.
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I'm going to this in Vegas.

Is Death Grips opening that show as well? I've seen things that don't include them on the Vegas ticket...?
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    kasedoug said:

wall232 said:

In 2009, NIN deferred to Jane's Addiction as headliner on their joint tour but currently, NIN & QOTSA are deciding the order of their joint Australian tour via coin flip.
    That's right. Trent mentioned in one of the backstage meet-and-greets that they wanted to give Jane's the headlining slot out of respect. I can totally see where Trent is coming from even if at the time NIN was bigger/doing beter than JA.

Plus, the NINJA tour has a much better ring to it than the JANIN tour. IMO.
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 456
    kasedoug said:

wall232 said:

If NIN and qotsa were deciding via coin flip, I assume it will be something similar or they will have a rotating basis. SG is a much bigger band than QOTSA, in my opinion. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing this show at the woodlands. I'm a huge SG fan and I've never seen NIN. Is chamberlain drumming the whole tour?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Jason, did you manage to get any
    dr122931 said:

kasedoug said:

wall232 said:

If NIN and qotsa were deciding via coin flip, I assume it will be something similar or they will have a rotating basis. SG is a much bigger band than QOTSA, in my opinion. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing this show at the woodlands. I'm a huge SG fan and I've never seen NIN. Is chamberlain drumming the whole tour?
    It seems to me that Soundgarden lost much of their momentum in their long hiatus. QOTSA, however, continue to sell out arenas in no time at all. Having seen them both, I'm hoping NIN closes the shows. Soundgarden is epically dark music, but NIN brings the energy, big time!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    TheseGoToElevenTheseGoToEleven Charlotte, NC Posts: 106
    benjs said:

It seems to me that Soundgarden lost much of their momentum in their long hiatus.

Did you catch them play Superunknown top to bottom on the iTunes festival? It was great.

Both QOTSA and SG don't really hold a candle to the sensory onslaught that is NIN...I'd like for them to have the most time, simply a much deeper well to draw from.
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • Options

I'm going to this in Vegas.

Is Death Grips opening that show as well? I've seen things that don't include them on the Vegas ticket...?

Death grips will play at time festival in Toronto on July 19 so I don't know of they will actually arrive in Las Vegas on time or not.
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 456
    edited April 2014
    I love QOTSA, but they are not nearly as big of a draw as SG. it is not even close. I doubt they play arenas in the US, let alone sell them out. But, it appears NIN is getting top billing based on advertisements I've seen. Moreover, my credit card card bill was listed as Nine inch nails - ticketmaster
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • Options
    Hey y'all I don't post here much but is anyone looking for some tickets for the Chicago date on 7/24? Got a pair in section 103 , Row V. I paid about $120 each for them but I'll part with them for $110 if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    I saw that Soundgarden will perform before Nine Inch Nails on their upcoming co-headlining tour.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kim-thayil-explains-why-soundgarden-will-perform-before-nine-inch-nails-on-upcoming-co-headlining-tour/
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462

I saw that Soundgarden will perform before Nine Inch Nails on their upcoming co-headlining tour.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kim-thayil-explains-why-soundgarden-will-perform-before-nine-inch-nails-on-upcoming-co-headlining-tour/

Hmm...well at least I can leave early and not have to wait in line for a ferry :)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    benjs said:

Soundgarden is epically dark music, but NIN brings the energy, big time!

Soundgarden still brings it live. Saw them at Lolla '10.

I'm seeing NIN/SG at Jones Beach and looking forward to it!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Agg said:

Hmm...well at least I can leave early and not have to wait in line for a ferry :)
    That would be a mistake.

NIN is far superior to soundgarden in concert. I love both bands, but NIN is the headliner of these two bands.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ckokeckoke Posts: 63
    If you want to go by lights and pyrotechnics then NIN gets the nod there, but that is as far as it goes for me. From a musician standpoint, Soundgarden is vastly superior in that department. I have seen both acts more than once; I last saw NIN in 2009 - way too much audio piping and programming (something that Trent does a lot) for my taste. You definitely get a show!

Soundgarden actually plays their instruments, and plays them awesomely well. Stone called them "the Rush of Seattle" and for good reason; they are that fucking good. No yes men playing in Soundgarden.

We are going to the Toronto show next month; it's going to be a blast!
    8/25/98 - Pittsburgh
    5/20/06 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    6/22/08 - Washington DC
    5/06/10 - Columbus
    7/02/11 - Soundgarden Toronto
    9/11/11 - Toronto
    9/12/11 - Toronto
    5/12/13 - Soundgarden Pittsburgh
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh
    7/27/14 - Soundgarden Toronto
    11/04/16 - Temple of the Dog - Upper Darby, PA