Comments

• oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    edited March 2014

dude needs to earn a few blisters in the next few weeks
    chopping/stacking firewood
    digging holes
    filling in said holes
    unstacking firewood/unchopping
    needs a job on a prison chain gang, yes/no?

If this was facebook your response would be on the news. Unchopping wood? Best punishment ever.
    Post edited by oysterjar on

Wind this thing up.

• Chad,

What went through your mind when this event occurred for you back in the little league days?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Little-Boy-On-Baseball-Bat-Fail.gif
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    I love this thread.

Chad, do you have any people in your everyday (real) life who are fortunate enough to gain this tremendous wisdom about licking rocks, unchopping wood and the like?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

Chad,

What went through your mind when this event occurred for you back in the little league days?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Little-Boy-On-Baseball-Bat-Fail.gif

http://youtu.be/RnGu3xO2h74
    balancing chemical equations

http://youtu.be/gbT_XoSIlEo
    balancing cube

http://youtu.be/EtOrcKw6wso
    balancing acid

http://youtu.be/Yuxe_sIAXZc
    balancing ceiling fans

http://youtu.be/qahv5Bu-4R0
    balancing peacock feather

http://youtu.be/nyJLkgRshdg
    balancing tires yourself in the comfort of your home

http://youtu.be/sIVknnUvBC4
    balancing your checking account

http://youtu.be/7hVKb4ROjZw
    balancing double replacement reaction

http://youtu.be/uptSbW0Cwl8
    balancing eagle

http://youtu.be/mP1kM9JrVsk
    she likes the magic worm

http://youtu.be/ugvC-dR9KpY
    balancing electric & magnetic forces

http://youtu.be/WZBoXKVBaFw
    & finally... balancing jack daniels while playing guitar

as you can see, i studied a lot of balancing from an early age. somehow though i could not balance myself on a baseball bat. shoulda been drunk on whiskey then broke out the balancing act baseball bat
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    if we still had an applauding smilie (of course, we do not :fp:), I would lay one on chadwick. he's puts his heart and soul into these answers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I love this thread.

Chad, do you have any people in your everyday (real) life who are fortunate enough to gain this tremendous wisdom about licking rocks, unchopping wood and the like?

97.2% of all people in my eye to eye life i want to throw knives at. as a society, even where i live believe it or not, there are idiots, bullshiters, half assed candy ass cry babies, out of control meth freaks, out of order opposites of a champion, dickheads, macho big ass bags of crap, nonartists, litterbugs, cigarette flicking whatnot-suckers, ps4/xbox couch potatoe gardeners, quit when it gets uncomfortable types, noncomedians who think they are a riot or richard pryor, environmentalists are few & far between, meth head strippers run the joint, the pawn shop show on tv should be hung, i am sorry your $80,000 luxury suv is dirty again this week, we all have or are going to get cancer in the breast, head, neck, throat, testicles, bunghole, liver, kidneys, lungs, fingers or toes... or maybe the eyeballs

thank you, everyone, for not giving a fuck about each other & for not trying harder at a lot of stuff

unchopping wood... probably the most overlooked & underrated line of discipline there is
    underachieving hurts everyone

goodnight & be well
    try harder tomorrow

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • imalive said:

if we still had an applauding smilie (of course, we do not :fp:), I would lay one on chadwick. he's puts his heart and soul into these answers.

Agreed.

I mean come on... look at the detailed response he offered for his batting mishap.

On that note, man did a lot of things go through his head as he lost his balance there.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Chad, I've been reading your opinions and rants on hundreds of different subjects on the train and here for a few years now. But I don't think I've ever seen you post anything about Pearl Jam. So, 1) what are your top 5 PJ songs? 2) What are your top 3 PJ records? And 3) What kind of salad dressing do you prefer?
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

chadwick said:

my membership is up soon. should i bother renewing?

your screen name reminds me of pancakes piled not so high
    there is a little mom & pop joint i frequent
    that makes the best pancakes in the world
    i consume their pancakes every few weeks
    with their incredible pancakes comes the world's greatest coffee

if you leave, if you do not renew, how in the world will you be capable of reminding me of a not so tall stack of pancakes?
    do yourself a favor & renew your posting license

This is the best answer to anything, ever.
    shortstack, now you cant let us down... A diner in Iowa could go out of business because of you.
    best answer, evR :)

i like the username pancakes piled not so high better than shortstack. i wonder if kat would change it for me.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    lol chaingang yes.. i think all kids nowadays needs to learn the hard life lessons... like diggin holes, chopping wood, etc.

spoiled brats man...

you see the kid suing her parents for school and living needs after being kicked out of their house?... how and why in the world is the court system entertaining this BS? waste of money... all media driven i guess..nice 15mins of fame for that family.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    edited March 2014
    last-12-exit,

i generally haven't a favorite anything. sure i like certain things moreso than others but i can't think of many things i favor enough to call 'my favorite' & if i do have a favorite there is always several, several of them. it will be extremely difficult for me to list a favorite anything let along my favorite pearl jam digs. but for you i will try & listing 5 favorite songs & 3 favorite albums will be a challenge & may take quite some time.

although my favorite drink is water... tea, hot or cold kicks ass
    but tea is made of water

rearviewmirror - kicks a lot of ass
    given to fly - kicks a lot of teeth
    indifference - nicely done candles in darkness
    nothing as it seems - thank you so much... if i were a poppy field, i'd already be home thousands of years
    wishlist - i wish
    light years - the only time known
    not for you - that's right, it aint

i like live albums hugely
    this new lightning bolt album is fucking rad as fuck spinning around in chompy
    chompy is my record player

yield
    vitalogy
    no code
    benaroya hall
    live on two legs
    gorge
    live on ten legs
    merkin ball
    lost dogs
    riot act
    7/11/03 - mansfield, massachusetts

there's some other live recordings where i forget the titles

'parachutes' from the funky avocado is quite wonderful
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Nami said:

lol chaingang yes.. i think all kids nowadays needs to learn the hard life lessons... like diggin holes, chopping wood, etc.

spoiled brats man...

you see the kid suing her parents for school and living needs after being kicked out of their house?... how and why in the world is the court system entertaining this BS? waste of money... all media driven i guess..nice 15mins of fame for that family.

where the dad found her message to him on facebook, shot her laptop & so on?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Chad, what one word do you first think of when you see the following names?

George
    Cindy
    Billie Joe
    Elijah
    Lyle
    Jolene

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    chadwick said:

Nami said:

spoiled brats man...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/daughter-18-sues-parents-for-support/2014/03/06/75beb836-a49e-11e3-84d4-e59b1709222c_story.html
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:

chadwick said:

Nami said:

spoiled brats man...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/daughter-18-sues-parents-for-support/2014/03/06/75beb836-a49e-11e3-84d4-e59b1709222c_story.html
    imagine...

edited March 2014
    last-12-exit,

i forget to mention my favorite salad dressing
    well it isn't ranch that's for sure
    i'd rather be thrown overboard then puked on than use ranch

newman's own
    caesar dressing - made w/ extra virgin olive oil
    would be the salad dressing i've used most in the last few years

i like french, italian, blue cheese & thousand island
    wish bone makes a nice salad dressing & the lesser known brands... good to go

also, i would not ever in 47 trillion years buy kraft salad dressing or kraft anything
    nestle... same deal. no, no, no. which is a pain in the ass
    because i bought a package of hot chocolate here recently... whamo nestle
    the box was $1
    i put the mix in a cup of coffee & it rules until you find out it is nestle's
    then you drive tacks into your forehead for an hour or two

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

George
    Cindy
    Billie Joe
    Elijah
    Lyle
    Jolene

johnny cash

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Nami said:

chadwick said:

Nami said:

spoiled brats man...

pretty frickin bizarre stuff. the folks flipping the legal fees might should be forced up a tree as hungry lions rest beneath the wonderful limbs in the shade

that young gal is pretty frickin ridiculous
    what a waste of time & money
    see... even the judge probably feels this attorney is a fucking money grubbing leech wasting precious time in the courts

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://youtu.be/kl1ujzRidmU
    so let's just say we know the entire story & not just one side
    the daughter is a spoiled little brat
    they have a lady that cleans their house & yet the daughter can not do small household chores
    this is how i see many a young people today

actually even when having fun many kids today are fully capable of avoiding effort for goodtimes
    playing outside is almost extinct
    do kids go sledding down the hills anymore?
    how about earning money shoveling snow around town, taking that $$$ & buying weed or booze?
    aint happenin

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    people need to stop blaming kids "today" for being entitled brats. there were kids like that when i was growing up, and i'm sure before then too. there are plenty good kids out there now, we just never hear about them.

*jumps off soapbox*
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

people need to stop blaming kids "today" for being entitled brats. there were kids like that when i was growing up, and i'm sure before then too. there are plenty good kids out there now, we just never hear about them.

*jumps off soapbox*

Lol. Totally true. "Kids today" is the catch phrase for all people who are getting old since the beginning of time. Same shit, different generation. Kind of sad, really, hahaha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

*jumps off soapbox*

you're right

society in general is getting softer

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited March 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

*jumps off soapbox*

Lol. Totally true. "Kids today" is the catch phrase for all people who are getting old since the beginning of time. Same shit, different generation. Kind of sad, really, hahaha.
    i go from one end of town to the other & the only folks i see shoveling sidewalks & driveways are old people
    were the kids in school sunday morning?
    (chadwick, don't forget the 'hahaha')

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    chadwick said:
    This redneck dad is my new hero.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited March 2014
    chadwick said:

PJ_Soul said:

*jumps off soapbox*

i go from one end of town to the other & the only folks i see shoveling sidewalks & driveways are old people
    were the kids in school sunday morning?
    (chadwick, don't forget the 'hahaha')
    That's not the kids' faults. That's the stupid parents who don't make their kids do chores. We should be saying "Grown ups today - they're going to hell in a hand basket."
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    i'll give you that, pj_soul
    maybe some of you here can help build a 'thing'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thing_(assembly)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    dankind said:

chadwick said:
    This redneck dad is my new hero.
    yeah he's quite likeable

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    chad is right, people are going soft...even adults now are phone addicted, fast food eatin, never outsidin, material possession oriented wisps of turd-steam. If you didn't chop wood, sled/snowplay/winter hike, if you didn't greet the cold with determination, and make it through the entire winter without complaining that it is winter, you may need to put the smartphone down, leave the city, and test yourself!
    Related note: chad what the fuck is going on with these skinny jeans??
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    chadwick said:

George
    Cindy
    Billie Joe
    Elijah
    Lyle
    Jolene

johnny cash
    that's two words......

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Please chad, tell me why this guy is allowed out in public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtXH_GzRlU