Comments

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    st. pat was a jerk.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Chad,

Your thoughts on Toronto's Mayor, Rob Ford?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    oysterjar said:

Chad,

Your thoughts on Toronto's Mayor, Rob Ford?

this should be good :D

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

st. pat was a jerk.

can you give a short example?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    toronto's rob ford

toronto has 2,791,140 residence which is something like 84,000 more people than Chicago’s 2,707,120
    this is easy... frig toronto & frig rob ford
    i'd like robbie if he were the mayor of a small farming community or river town with 10,016 residence

cities & people on top of one another = chadwick running away & throwing charcoal briquttes at nearly 3 million people that irritate the hell out of him

do you know how many 53 foot semi trailer loads it takes to toss charcoal briquettes at all the 2,791,140 people of toronto?

rob ford they say parties his ass off? smoking grass, drinking & some say even crack cocaine. we all know he enjoys food.
    i say good for him. if i were even living among half those people i'd be injecting crack or crushing the rocks & dumping the stuff in my water bottle

some say rob has saved toronto a shit ton of money. good for him.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/rob-ford-crack-video-toronto-mayor.html

11. i guess he can get oxycontin
    15. goes to toss a football & falls down
    17. he likes ass
    18. storms the dance floor in a drunken mess

excellence

i could use a few pain meds my own damn self
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619

In 2005, Ford referred to fellow city council member Gloria Lindsay Luby as "a joke," "a waste of time," and "a waste of skin."

Haven't we all known at least a few wastes of skin?

I think that this one really doesn't belong on Rob's list of hits.
    What if Gloria Lindsay Luby was a joke, a waste of time and a waste of skin? Perhaps he was only confirming what Gloria Lindsay Luby's own 3rd grade teacher wrote in her 'comments' section of her report card one time?

(Of course, this could be a wonderful woman who Mayor Chris Farley is talking shit on for no reason.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2014
    chadwick said:

st. pat was a jerk.

leprechaun.

Plus he kicked all the snakes out of the country.

Chad,

What is your opinion of St. Pat booting all the snakes off the island?

Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rollings said:

chadwick said:

st. pat was a jerk.

leprechaun.

Chad,

yes they say leprechauns are short examples
    thanks, rollings

booting all the snakes off the island... you bastard!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/03/090316-st-patricks-day-facts.html

No Snakes in Ireland

"The St. Patrick mythology includes the claim that he banished snakes from Ireland.

It's true no snakes exist on the island today, Freeman said. But they never did.

Ireland, after all, is surrounded by icy ocean waters—much too cold to allow snakes to migrate from Britain or anywhere else.

But since snakes often represent evil in literature, "when Patrick drives the snakes out of Ireland, it is symbolically saying he drove the old, evil, pagan ways out of Ireland [and] brought in a new age," Freeman said.

The snakes myth and others—such as Patrick using three-leafed shamrocks to explain the Holy Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost)—were likely spread by well-meaning monks centuries after St. Patrick's death, Freeman said."

well kiss my grits. i guess he is a bullshit-artist.

if he had actually lead all snakes to the sea & cast them out into the big drink, boy oh boy, i would have set his house on fire.
    i love snakes & i dislike fuckers messin with my cold blooded pals. since day one on this planet - in this life here, snakes, lizards & amphibians have befriended me. treefrogs actually climb my house to come say, "hello-good evening, you silly shitheaded curly haired guy" "i think i'm gonna dump on your windows"

snakes & lazards... same stuff. they crawl for miles just to curse me out, eat my bagels & cream cheese, asian cuisine & use the bird bath in my bedroom as a toilet where a japanese giant salamander swims with newts & other slippery guys

i love these guys a lot

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I watched an episode on these little guys and I was quite impressed with them. I believe they could do some damage.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    rollings said:

chadwick said:

st. pat was a jerk.

leprechaun.

Chad,

yep, that's what i was referring to; snakes, pagans, christianity and all that... he wasn't even irish and he probably went to ireland to avoid paying taxes.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,425
    Chad: what do you think about Americans giving up their citizenship?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2014/02/20/275937138/why-more-americans-are-renouncing-u-s-citizenship

Why More Americans Are Renouncing U.S. Citizenship

The number of U.S. citizens renouncing their American citizenship spiked to 3,000 last year, up from about 500 in earlier years. While reasons vary from person to person, a U.S. tax law passed in 2010 has complicated life for many Americans living abroad.
    The number of U.S. citizens renouncing their American citizenship spiked to 3,000 last year, up from about 500 in earlier years. While reasons vary from person to person, a U.S. tax law passed in 2010 has complicated life for many Americans living abroad.

David Sucsy/iStockphoto
    A few times a year, the Treasury Department publishes a long list of names announcing all of the Americans who have lately abandoned their U.S. citizenship.

According to the legal website International Tax Blog, the number hovered around 500 a decade ago. Last year, it hit a record high of nearly 3,000.

This was not a gradual change. It was a sudden spike. It's a story of dominoes falling, one after another, leading to an unexpected outcome.

The first domino fell in 2008, when federal prosecutors accused the Swiss bank UBS of helping wealthy Americans hide their money tax-free in overseas accounts. It was a big case, leading to indictments, fines and prison time.

The U.S. Congress wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. During the economic recession, lawmakers saw a chance to bring in massive sums of money and stop tax cheats at the same time.

"They just found UBS in a terrible scheme to encourage tax evasion," Barney Frank, the Democratic congressman from Massachusetts, told NPR in 2009. "I think there are clearly tens of billions that can be recovered there."

The next year, in 2010, Congress passed the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act. The law affects every foreign bank that does business with the U.S. And not just banks: It also applies to retirement accounts, mutual funds, and more.

Renouncing citizenship is not as easy as throwing a passport onto the fire. It's a lengthy process, involving interviews, paperwork and legal procedures. So people who do it generally have a compelling motivation. And while individual reasons for renouncing may vary from person to person, experts in the field say the recent dramatic spike has more to do with the 2010 tax law than any other factor.

Wisconsin financial adviser David Kuenzi works with Americans overseas who are affected by the law.

"[Congress] said to all of these institutions, 'You need to follow this set of criteria to determine all of the Americans who are your clients," says Kuenzi, "and you need to report directly to us on their holdings.' "

Shut Out Of Foreign Banks

Foreign banks looked at the new law and decided that the regulations would be a huge hassle. Many of them decided to wash their hands of American account-holders.

"They canceled the accounts of just about every American in Europe," says retiree John Mainwaring, "including me."

Seventy-year-old Mainwaring grew up in Ohio, served in the U.S. Army, and has lived in Munich, Germany, for about 40 years.

After his old German banks kicked him out, he tried to find new ones that would take him in.

"I went everywhere," he says, "to every bank in Germany. The problem is, the ones here don't deal with Americans."

Congress wanted to catch tax cheats. But the net also snagged Americans whose foreign bank accounts let them pay their bills in the countries they now call home.

U.S. Taxes Americans, No Matter Where They Live

The United States is very unusual in this respect. Most countries in the world don't tax their citizens living abroad. So, for example, a Spaniard living in Canada won't pay Spanish taxes. Instead, he'll pay Canadian taxes. But the U.S. taxes American citizens wherever they are in the world.

"If I can compare it to romance, I say the U.S. is like Fatal Attraction," says Suzanne Reisman, a lawyer in London who advises Americans abroad. "Once they've got you, they never let you go. You have to renounce your citizenship, or you have to die."

So today, Americans who don't like the Fatal Attraction relationship are giving up their U.S. citizenship in record numbers.

In Switzerland, so many people want to renounce their citizenship that the U.S. Embassy actually has a waiting list.

"I want to be clear: It's not about a dollar value of taxes that I don't want to pay," says Brian Dublin, a businessman who lives near Zurich. "It's about the headache associated with the regulations, filing in the U.S., and then having financial institutions in the rest of the world turn me away."

Dublin says he is ready to renounce, despite the ties he feels to the country of his birth. "I grew up in America. I love my country. But I just feel that the current regulations are onerous."

Officials from the Treasury Department, the State Department, the IRS and Congress spoke on background for this story. None would talk on tape.

They all generally agree on the facts of the situation. Even so, there is very little pressure to change it. As one Senate staffer pointed out, nobody in Congress represents overseas Americans. And government officials think this law is succeeding at catching the tax cheats. That may be worth the side effect of losing a few thousand American citizens every year.
  • Options
    that is some question

i learned something here. a spaniard living in canada pays canadian taxes not spanish taxes. but the united states taxes it's citizens no matter where they may live on this planet. that is some real rich bullshit right there.

are they saying a guy born & raised in missouri, now living & working in ethiopia will be taxed by the u.s.? what kind of taxes? school tax, road tax, state & federal taxes? this is the craziest shit i've ever heard of.

however, i am thinking that the united states special forces would come rescue a guy or gal from being held hostage, therefore, the u.s. needs tax dollars from every single swingin john ever born here to pay the navy seals ships, helicopters & time on the clock bill?

http://youtu.be/qSqMjK85tfc
    i betcha she is ecstatic to have been paying her taxes whilst living/working in somalia

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2014
    Chad,

Thanks for posting that picture of St. Patrick...very green.

I was wondering what you thought of people who bring and run their lawnmowers in public and impractical places, like malls and bank elevators.

Is this normal behavior or is it rude?

Thank you.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    Lawn mower in a bank elevator is fucking classic. Nice question Rollings

Chad, have you ever been to a national park and paused to take a moment and think about all of the water it took to make that park?
  • Options
    Chad,

Great photo compilation of lawn mowers. I cant wait to start cutting down grass around here.

What are you thoughts on this news story:

A Michigan 5th grade teacher gave a class Non-Alcoholic beer to represent beverages consumed in the 18th century.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/20/mich-teacher-gives-5th-graders-non-alcoholic-beer/20853474/

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    i lived a short distance south of the olympic national park & olympic national forest, a wonderful rainforest. now we're talkin rain, fog & the good shit. brand new fresh air! green & green, trees & trees, ferns & ferns, rivers & rivers, creeks & creeks, waterfalls & waterfalls - drink & drink, depressed frickin asshats & depressed frickin idiots & some folks obviously are cooler than others & mountains cut sharp as shit, steep & vast all bathing in falling wonderment from above or below when the clouds hang low, fog kicks ass on the coast & surfs with the pacific

some national parks are dry as a fucking bone.

http://www.chayacitra.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Joshua-Tree-National-Park-7.jpgimage

some national parks/forests are wet as ........ hoh rainforest

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HlTDhEBX8BU/Tmj-OTSrpcI/AAAAAAAAAq0/6HpOQCTc8NQ/s1600/Hoh+Rainforest%2C+Olympic+National+Park%2C+Washington.jpg

some dry places have a magical painted sky at sunset
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LEnai1YmW9I/UWbQswbHFJI/AAAAAAAAAfs/jIgxPFcNBIE/s1600/californiatravel.jpgimage

some national parks drink a lot of fucking water
    http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/10/74/54/2345730/7/628x471.jpg

& some national parks/forests need fog when the rain goes away for a bit
    http://www.bergoiata.org/fe/forest/Combing the Clouds, Olympic National Park, Washington.jpgimage

play time
    http://www.govisitcostarica.com/images/photos/full-waterfall-rincon-de-la-vieja-national-park.jpgimage

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kids in 5th grade should have jobs, cooler fulla pabst blue ribbon, chainsaws, shotguns, knives, axes, hatchet kits, tents, firepits, woodpiles, lawn mowers, snow shovels, cars, motorcycles, grass stained jeans, boxing gloves, heavy bags, speed bags, speed bag gloves, mouth pieces, stitches & messy hair

if you are in 5th grade & pampered with non-alcoholic brews your parents & teachers might should be slapped across their mugs with sticks

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MZjfsAd4bvQ/ULVmZXwi4TI/AAAAAAAACjY/AwZHHI5ktww/s1600/bitch+slap.jpgimage

even this smaller than average 5th grader means business

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,266
    chadwick said:

that picture blown up

http://www.thesharkguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/tigertimelawn.jpgimage

lawn mowers in bank elevators is a wonderful idea. i'll sign up on youtube & get a video camera cell phone... set

hot chicks wearing bandanas, mowing lawns....yes/no?

(hint--the answer is a resounding yes)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    those boobies look really hard.
  • Options
    Tonight I will likely drink some Jean Marc XO, a relatively recent find -- I love this shit.

2-3 Vodka Rock drinks (use the giant ice cube so it doesn't water down the really pricey stuff) with this and then I am ready to settle in and shovel ice cubes into the glass and keep re-filling with Ketel One (which isn't too shabby!) until I am good and destroyed.
    Mix in some of the old green and it makes for a very relaxing evening.

Have you ever read the description that companies come up for to try and make their booze sound better?

Here is what Jean Marc XO is described as:
    "Brilliantly clear. Complex, vibrant, yet subtle aromas of powdered sugar, star anise, dried white flowers, cream, and wheat dough are sweet and inviting. A super smooth, plush entry leads to an oily medium-to-full body of delicate anise cookie, confectioner's sugar, frosting, and marzipan flavors. Finishes with a long, graceful wet limestone, pastry dough, anise seed, almond oil, and pink peppercorn fade. A startlingly flavorful and elegant vodka that clearly pushes the limits of the unflavored vodka category. Truly world class, expertly made and unique vodka."

If you have read this stuff, what do you think of descriptions such as those?

What would your description for Water from a cold creek in Idaho look like? Or another favorite beverage?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    that is some vodka

yes chicks in bandanas, bikini tops, hard large or small chests & very tight & small cut off jean shorts.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    jean marc xo is our bakery specializing in handcrafted - brick oven baked cinnamon rolls, 13 grain breads, sun dried raisins perfectly placed into each toasty warm loaf of cinnamon raisin bread lathered perfectly in sweet frost. we are brilliantly striving & sweating crafting ginger bread houses, ginger bread garages, ginger bread pharmacies, ginger bread pencils, ginger bread bicycles, ginger bread doll houses, ginger bread gi joes, ginger bread weapons, ginger bread ninja outfits, ginger bread submarines, ginger bread tanks on fire, ginger bread viking ships, ginger bread underwear & other ginger bread lingerie outfits for your hot ass lady friend to prance around in, ginger bread goggles, ginger bread swimming pools, ginger bread sea going rafts, ginger bread toolboxes, ginger bread scarves for long winter walks & survival wear when you are hungry

we add cheap fucking vodka to all our ginger bread houses, ginger bread garages, ginger bread pharmacies, ginger bread pencils, ginger bread bicycles, ginger bread doll houses, ginger bread gi joes, ginger bread weapons, ginger bread ninja outfits, ginger bread submarines, ginger bread tanks on fire, ginger bread viking ships, ginger bread underwear & other ginger bread lingerie outfits for your hot ass lady friend to prance around in, ginger bread goggles, ginger bread swimming pools, ginger bread sea going rafts, ginger bread toolboxes, ginger bread scarves for long winter walks & survival wear when you are hungry

congratulations on your purchase of vodka ginger bread bliss. enjoy the opposite of responsibly. frig a bunch of being accountable

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    :))
    Dude you fucking kill me.
    I would like to place an order for Popov Ginger Bread Goggles for when it warms up and I can start using the pool again. Swim for a bit and then eat my goggles, enjoying that nice Popov buzz.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited March 2014
    This thread is so great,thank you Chadwick the national park pictures was assume ! :)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    edited March 2014

:))
    Dude you fucking kill me.
    I would like to place an order for Popov Ginger Bread Goggles for when it warms up and I can start using the pool again. Swim for a bit and then eat my goggles, enjoying that nice Popov buzz.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq434foWDR1r1jqggo1_500.jpgimage

i took the liberty of searching popov vodka prices. beings i have removed myself from heavy drinking i was not sure the quality of popov.

here in iowa we have a brand of vodka called hawkeye vodka, i shit you not.... iowa hawkeye's college football, basketball, swimming, bowling, corn detasseling, iowa hawkeye's wrestling, volleyball & hawkeye bullshit vodka @ $12.99 a liter & 3/4

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/33/Hawkeye_vodka.jpg/220px-Hawkeye_vodka.jpgimage

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

This thread is so great,thank you Chadwick ^:)^ the national park pictures was assume !

don't thank me thank shortstack for coming up with the idea & thank the other folks contributing here. im just some fucking idjit fulla shit half the time but thank you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Lewiston Maines finest:

$9 a bottle. Tastes like paint thinner and has got more Maine high school kids in trouble then firecrackers.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    yuk
  • Options
    Chad,

I have read here that you are an avid swimmer. What places would you like to go swimming recreationally or on vacation apart from where you do your swim work out?

Wind this thing up.