*** Charlottesville Fanviews Here 10/29/13 ***

Comments

• Awesome job!
    Buffalo '96, Knoxville '98, Nashville '00, Hershey '03, Camden '03, Nashville '03, Cincy '06, Chicago '07, EV Chicago '08, EV Nashville '09, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, Indy '10, NYC, MSG#2 '10, EV Chicago #1 '11, EV Chicago #2 '11, Wrigley '13, Buffalo '13, St. Louis '14, Philly #1, Philly #2 '16, Toronto #1, Toronto #2 '16,
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Nice! Excited - thanks for sharing :)

mrussel1 said:

Hey fellow Virginians (or visitors on 10/29),

To keep you partially satisfied, here is the first hour of the show in perfect audio, multi-cam. It's not the best M/C work because as you all know, JPJ was pretty tough on the search when we entered. So not a ton of video out there. I'm working on the 2nd two hours of the show now and should be done in a week or so. I've made some good traction recently. I haven't done any QA on it, just published, so if you see synch issues, let me know.

youtu.be/12Xct6nErE8

http://youtu.be/12Xct6nErE8

Thank you for posting. I look forward to seeing the completed project. Again thanks alot!!!
    mrussel1 said:

To keep you partially satisfied, here is the first hour of the show in perfect audio, multi-cam. It's not the best M/C work because as you all know, JPJ was pretty tough on the search when we entered. So not a ton of video out there. I'm working on the 2nd two hours of the show now and should be done in a week or so. I've made some good traction recently. I haven't done any QA on it, just published, so if you see synch issues, let me know.

youtu.be/12Xct6nErE8

got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2014
    nice - video/sounds - I remember why In My Tree is my favorite song. They still got it.
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    edited January 2014
    mrussel1 said:

youtu.be/12Xct6nErE8

mrussel1,

Awesome job! Particularly tough job due to limited source material for sure. I too was stunned how little videos there were on youtube after the show. I have to say it may have been another reason the show was so good...crowd wasn't overly busy recording ,but instead, taking it all in. Be sure to PM me when you are done. Thanks.
    Post edited by mcrok on
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Just playing from encore break 1 onward, from the end, to mother, it just couldn't have been anymore perfect.
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810

mrussel1 said:

youtu.be/12Xct6nErE8

Thank you for posting. I look forward to seeing the completed project. Again thanks alot!!!
    AWESOME! I can't wait til the full version!! Great Job so far!

+1
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    mrussel1,

I stumbled across your full video for the Philly show on Youtube a few weeks ago - great job, thank you for your efforts.
  • TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    edited January 2014
    The boot for this show is out of this world!

EDIT: Fuck! Mother is a bit special isn't it.... my spine just tingled like nothing else.... damn! Can't wait to hear the Portland version again :)
    Post edited by TigaSefi on
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
    TigaSefi said:

EDIT: Fuck! Mother is a bit special isn't it.... my spine just tingled like nothing else.... damn! Can't wait to hear the Portland version again :)

It was a very special version of Mother that evening. Being there, I was surprised by the crowd response...it was pretty awesome bc by that point of the show the fans were all in.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    mcrok said:

TigaSefi said:

It was a very special version of Mother that evening. Being there, I was surprised by the crowd response...it was pretty awesome bc by that point of the show the fans were all in.
    the new emoticons are shit so imagine a thumbs up for you! :D
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
    awesome show - bad poster
    edited January 2014

Got to disagree on this one. I too wasn't exactly thrilled about it at first. My Wife loved it right away. Second look for me and I was hooked. Awesome message. Goes nice with some of the songs selected and some of ed's best lyrical themes in music. It has purpose just like the band had that night. Remember, it was for an "intelligent crowd", lol. Give it a second look mate.

btw, I've listened to this boot so many times now. the sound quality is so wonderful. what a great venue.
    Post edited by mcrok on
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    It is a great venue. It always feels so intimate. Parking is close, band is close and they don't oversell GA which is great. I've seen several shows here and they are always fantastic. It's DMB's home court which is always nice. My only gripe, as I said earlier, is that they are really tough on searching for contraband. It's much more difficult to get in a nice camera than Philly or other places.
    mcrok said:

Got to disagree on this one. I too wasn't exactly thrilled about it at first. My Wife loved it right away. Second look for me and I was hooked. Awesome message. Goes nice with some of the songs selected and some of ed's best lyrical themes in music. It has purpose just like the band had that night. Remember, it was for an "intelligent crowd", lol. Give it a second look mate.

btw, I've listened to this boot so many times now. the sound quality is so wonderful. what a great venue.
    I guess "bad", is a little harsh. I understand the concept and it makes a lot of sense in relationship to the music. But the color scheme in not visually stimulating, at least to me.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,024
    Wow. Sounds awesome.
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Sounds and looks great, mrussel1! I was there and you were able to get amazing footage!! Has anyone thought possibly that they haven't released the boots yet because they might release a DVD/Blueray of this show or maybe a compilation of the 2nd leg of the tour?? Anyway, time to watch some football!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.

Sounds and looks great, mrussel1! I was there and you were able to get amazing footage!! Has anyone thought possibly that they haven't released the boots yet because they might release a DVD/Blueray of this show or maybe a compilation of the 2nd leg of the tour?? Anyway, time to watch some football!

I was in the pit as well, but i can't claim the footage. This is just stuff I cobbled together from the people kind enough to record and post. I wish there was more to make a really good show.
    To your question, I would guess no on whether this was being held back deliberately. Remember that it was available for a brief time on Nugs and no other shows have been released since Baltimore I believe. So it's possible and would be very cool, but I would bet no.

Sorry about your Broncos.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228713/theory-on-why-no-new-boots#latest
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    when is this boot being officially released, sob...?
    rustedsigns
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Beautiful work editing this together. Chill bumps on my arms all over again...
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
    Washed said:

Beautiful work editing this together. Chill bumps on my arms all over again...

Thanks. I just finished Breath so I'm getting close to being done. Full show should be up within a week or so. Heading out to Vegas for business so no more work till the weekend.

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Finally watched this from start to finish..freakin awesome work...cant wail to see the rest.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Full show is out there. Here is the post from the Porch notifying. Copying because of a few notes:

Hey folks, finished the C'ville show in multi-cam. The video resources for this show were pretty limited compared to some others. Thus, there are two songs with only one angle, which sucks. Couple places where I think the synch is slightly off, but that's YT. I've tried to upload a few times, and it keeps occurring.

One thing I did notice after watching a hundred hours of raw film from this show; the sbd mix substantially turned down the crowd. I remember it being LOUD and the raw video supports that (and I don't mean just the guy next to you yelling for no reason). But when they mixed it, you lose some of that energy.

It wasn't lost on Ed. At the very end (right before Little Wing and then after), he asks, "Is it always like this?" And then he says quietly, "let's take a bow, I think we earned it". So he definitely felt the show was special. And nothing better than the moment for Dane and Keith. Probably the most thoughtful concert moment I've ever been party to. Enjoy.

youtu.be/OJCIpi-2tOI
  • Amazing work, thank you again for taking the time to do this
  • ibrogan77ibrogan77 Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    :)
    Post edited by ibrogan77 on
  • Finally, on this snowy evening...Thanks!!!
  • Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!! Great show -- sad not to have been there to enjoy the ride live!
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    mrussel1 said:

youtu.be/12Xct6nErE8

I can't see the video. It says it's private.

The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    edited February 2014
    I think you are looking for the original, one hour version. I took that down when I put up the full show:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJCIpi-2tOI
  • dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    by far best show ive been to. kinda disappointed when i got the boot and herd they turned down the crowd a bit. most of the night you could hardly hear the band they were so loud. amazing show though
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden