HBO: True Detective

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

Good stuff....background info filled in on both detectives.

Also, Alexandra Daddario folks...bravo. =D> Smokin' hott.

Great episode! Can't wait for the next one!
    Annnnnnnnd yeah, she is fn amazing!!! If I was Woody's character, I'd drop that wife for her in a second!!!
    So, his character in 2012 was divorced. I wonder if the wife finds out about her...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited January 2014
    mca47 said:

Annnnnnnnd yeah, she is fn amazing!!! If I was Woody's character, I'd drop that wife for her in a second!!!
    So, his character in 2012 was divorced. I wonder if the wife finds out about her...
    I imagine she does find out.... I also believe Alexandra only appears in 1 more episode, so something must happen there.

I'm starting to think the 2012 detectives believe Cohle has something to do with the new murder...

And more about the nude scene:
    http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/21/alexandra-daddario-nude-scene-true-detective-challenging-role/
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

mca47 said:

I imagine she does find out.... I also believe Alexandra only appears in 1 more episode, so something must happen there.

I'm starting to think the 2012 detectives believe Cohle has something to do with the new murder...

And more about the nude scene:
    http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/21/alexandra-daddario-nude-scene-true-detective-challenging-role/
    Yeah, I'm starting to think they are going that direction (thinking Cohle had something to do with it).
    I'm really interested to see how this plays out.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited January 2014
    NSFW

http://imgur.com/a/ZVO1l#0

I going to ask my wife why she never handcuffs me to anything.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    JK_Livin said:

NSFW

Hehe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

JK_Livin said:

NSFW

Hehe

I SAW PEARL JAM
    “wash up, you got some pussy on ya.”

"What good is cake if you can't eat it?"

http://tell-me-another-horror-story.tumblr.com/post/73920047862/sorry-not-sorry

I've had a lot of free time today.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

“wash up, you got some pussy on ya.”

"What good is cake if you can't eat it?"

http://tell-me-another-horror-story.tumblr.com/post/73920047862/sorry-not-sorry

I've had a lot of free time today.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Haven't watched the second episode yet, but the first one was definitely a great start! This could be good!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    McConaughey is amazing..the guy is one of the best actor out there
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Great episode last night this show just keeps getting better and better
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    that was a creepy ending last night
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Saw this earlier

True Detective's Rust Cohle tries, and is tried by, internet dating.

NAME: Rustin Spencer Cohle
    HEIGHT: 6".
    WEIGHT: Depends on what they're charging for pickled eggs down at the Bootstrap, but usually about 175.
    LOCATION: Louisiana. Or Texas, sometimes, or Tender Willow Hospital if I ain't slept in a few weeks. Or that second barstool there, under the Sons of Jim Bowie banner.
    EDUCATION: Bachelor's from UT; every new-age bookstore between here and Tunica.
    SEEKING: A woman. If you're married to my partner, so much the better.
    FOR: The extremely limited emotional connection my substance abuse, continuing pathological grief, and opaque bloviating on the nature of death will allow. I may also "mow your lawn" from time to time. I'm on the record as not believing man can love, and therefore assume no responsibility should you choose to get involved with me.
    ABOUT ME: I have great cheekbones, surprisingly good moves on the dance floor, and a truckload of baggage thanks to my divorce, the death of my child, and probably some undiagnosed neural-network problems. I'm smarter than most people -- just ask me! -- and never met a yes-or-no question I couldn't meet with a four-paragraph tone poem about your naive fantasies of individuation and the afterlife. …Well, just because you read Jünger doesn't mean you understood it.
    ABOUT YOU: You're patient, attracted to broken things, and able to suppress giggles when I ramble on humorlessly about synasthesia and ontological fallacies. You don't have much use for furniture or combs.
    IN RELATIONSHIPS, I... Can't really function.
    ON OUR FIRST DATE, WE'D... Go on a sllllllooooww walk down to the corner to pick up more Camel Lights and Lone Stars, then stay up all night talking. I'd stay up all night talking, anyway. You'd probably pass out with the beer-can angel I made for you clutched in your tiny, doomed hand, not knowing that your sleep approximates the grave to which we've all consigned ourselves long before the death of the physical b-- "400 character limit"? You see? This is exactly the kind of arbitrary and ultimately ineffectual parameter that the incurious ascribe to fate, but, fine: Dinner. Bergman. Futility.
    CONTACT ME IF... All is vanity.
    Wow! That was a fantastic episode!!
    edited January 2014
    retropony said:

I'll say. Shirtless guy roaming around a dump site in his underwear and a gas mask on.
    Wonder if that is the Ledoux guy or someone entirely different?
    5 episodes left.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    it kind of reminded me of that old bigfoot video. lol!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018

retropony said:

I'll say. Shirtless guy roaming around a dump site in his underwear and a gas mask on.
    5 episodes left.

retropony said:

5 episodes left.

retropony said:

5 episodes left.
    Yeah, I bet it's not him. Can't wait for the shoot out! I bet Cohle goes nuts! Hahahaa
  • retropony said:

5 episodes left.
    Walter White???
    From the previews, it looks like there may be some kind gang or group involved in these murders.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Details matter.
    edited January 2014
    Tell me! How old is the guy, top right?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    its got me hooked for sure. Love that Nuckys brother from Boardwalk Empire, plays the preacher. Have a feeling he might be involved, somehow.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    edited January 2014
    I have this weird feeling that Woody' character is the one who has gone off the deep end, but the investigators think that it is Russ. (I guess some would say that Russ had already gone off the deep end - but I find him to be quite sane and self aware). Really enjoy this show - can't believe we have to wait two weeks to see the next one.

Dr. Delight - the only thing I can pick out of the picture, is that the guy 2nd from the right in the back row is flipping off the camera. Am I missing something else? You have me intrigued.
    Post edited by jlaustin on
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    It's good to see something where McConnaghay isn't all smiles and walking around with his shirt off. I like his character. And both of Woody's women are hott! The wife is just as hot as his mistress.
    gabers said:

It's good to see something where McConnaghay isn't all smiles and walking around with his shirt off. I like his character. And both of Woody's women are hott! The wife is just as hot as his mistress.

Lucky dude for sure. I'd still take the mistress any day! hahahaha
    jlaustin said:

I have this weird feeling that Woody' character is the one who has gone off the deep end, but the investigators think that it is Russ. (I guess some would say that Russ had already gone off the deep end - but I find him to be quite sane and self aware). Really enjoy this show - can't believe we have to wait two weeks to see the next one.

Dr. Delight - the only thing I can pick out of the picture, is that the guy 2nd from the right in the back row is flipping off the camera. Am I missing something else? You have me intrigued.

Yeah, I saw that too. That pic was posted on the TD facebook page. I'm guessing one of them is supposed to be 'The Monster', although I think it may be the guy that was mowing the lawns of the abandoned school.

Also, whats up with the drawings of Harts young daughter???
    Maybe they don't have a lock on Cinemax.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    The photo has changed.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    "If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother, that person is a piece of shit."
    Tom O.
    -The Writer