Options

lowest ranked show of the 2013 North American Tour

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited January 2014
    Wrigley
    mfc2006 said:

to each, their own. I went to 3 shows on the tour: Portland, Spokane & Seattle. I've heard most (if not all) of the boots from Leg 1 & I still have not heard a show that matched Portland or Spokane. Those back-to-back nights were fucking amazing & I can't wait until the bootlegs are out. Until then, everything I've heard so far has been great. PJ were flat-out "on" this tour & we're a lucky group to have seen them.

Spokane, I rank it slightly behind Charlottesville and Phoenix, but still really fucking awesome 187 minutes of bliss, below is the Spokane audience bootleg and I have been enjoy this boot the last few days
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKfnvwl8nX0
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited January 2014

The issue is that people spent thousands and spent vacation days to go to this. No one wants to diss their big trip or hear about it.
    I like all the quotes but no one gains anything from the original post. Keep the other quotes coming tho Hank!

never did I say any show sucked that is the part that mystifies me, I actually have not listened to LA2, just heard some negative comments on the board so I threw it in, so what if the show you went to was an 8.5 out of 10 instead of a 10, big fucking deal, there are enough great moments in every show to make it worth it, and me saying that it is the lowest ranked show out of what I think was their best Tour ever, shouldn't effect you one way or another, just say you think I am wrong, present you reasons, and maybe I will find validation in those comments because maybe you are presenting it from an angle I had not considered, but whining because someone spent a ridiculous amount of money, is weak as hell because they are adults and as adults, they should of learned a long fucking time ago, sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never fucking hurt me, most people are a lot more mature than you would give them credit for

Wtf?? Lol. I have no horse in this race. I skipped EVERY show. Most people tho consider their shows to be more magical than most of the others. So these posts about worst shows never go anywhere (even dating back to the 98 tour on these forums). Your Cville masterpiece thread is a lot more intriguing. Im all for breaking down stuff but again this is just going to piss people off
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Wrigley
    but I have yet to hear Portland, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle, as well as about half dozen others so I reserve my right to change my rank, lol
  • Options
    Wrigley

The issue is that people spent thousands and spent vacation days to go to this. No one wants to diss their big trip or hear about it.
    I like all the quotes but no one gains anything from the original post. Keep the other quotes coming tho Hank!

never did I say any show sucked that is the part that mystifies me, I actually have not listened to LA2, just heard some negative comments on the board so I threw it in, so what if the show you went to was an 8.5 out of 10 instead of a 10, big fucking deal, there are enough great moments in every show to make it worth it, and me saying that it is the lowest ranked show out of what I think was their best Tour ever, shouldn't effect you one way or another, just say you think I am wrong, present you reasons, and maybe I will find validation in those comments because maybe you are presenting it from an angle I had not considered, but whining because someone spent a ridiculous amount of money, is weak as hell because they are adults and as adults, they should of learned a long fucking time ago, sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never fucking hurt me, most people are a lot more mature than you would give them credit for

Wtf?? Lol. I have no horse in this race. I skipped EVERY show. Most people tho consider their shows to be more magical than most of the others. So these posts about worst shows never go anywhere (even dating back to the 98 tour on these forums). Your Cville masterpiece thread is a lot more intriguing. Im all for breaking down stuff but again this is just going to piss people off
    let them be pissed off if they are weak minded enough to let me effect the way they feel and make them sour, they deserve to be pissed off, I live my life to be the best person I can be, not the best person someone else thinks I should be, I live my life as pure and true as possible, and I live it with no apologizes, and hopefully whether or not you agree with me hopefully you at least can dig that I stay true to me and I am not here saying shit trying to be popular, cause it is pretty obvious I could give a fuck less, if you want to rap and have cool conversations I am down, but I am not about to compromise who I am in an effort to have everyone like me, once you compromise your beliefs and integrity you are completely fucked
  • Options
    Wrigley
  • Options
    Wrigley
  • Options
    Wrigley
  • Options
    Wrigley
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832

but I have yet to hear Portland, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle, as well as about half dozen others so I reserve my right to change my rank, lol

I can't wait to hear those boots. I heard Vancouver was absolutely INSANE and that Portland was great. I was at the Seattle show - wow was it fantastic, everything I thought it would be and MORE! I haven't listened to anything from that show yet though. I'll be interested to hear what you think when you get a chance to listen to them.

2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    dalesterazdalesteraz Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13
    What makes you the expert bigbankhank? Your opinion is nothing more than "your opinion"....I could go on but I am restraining myself
    I changed by not changing at all!
  • Options
    jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    Everybody tap the breaks he didnt post this for all the hate this place is about friends and being there for each other!
    If u dont have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. It is a poll with negativity. He knows all the shows were fucking bad ass.
    Ir must suck to be ed mike matt stone and jeff, wtf do they listen to? I mean when times of joy i crank up a pj song. When timez are shitty i find a song that picks me up unlike most, who continue to kick while down, f that. Can u dig it?

Dont I know what I would do without them That's what I'm saying it must suck to be them.

Might as well start a thread which was the worst show off your own that you went to.

I can say none of them im thankful for every show i get to attend.
    Im sure hank is to.

Yall folks are better to me than anybody in this town. I have yet to meet a bad person.

We pick each other up when times get tough
    So let's not dog pile on the man just be there for each other. That's why i
    Can still love cuz there are some Of the most awesome people on the side of the fence Let's keep it real stick together That's how we got this far

"Its my time to throw the next stone l call u beautiful if i call at all"
    until next time......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Wrigley
    jopetto75 said:

Everybody tap the breaks he didnt post this for all the hate this place is about friends and being there for each other!
    If u dont have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. It is a poll with negativity. He knows all the shows were fucking bad ass.
    Ir must suck to be ed mike matt stone and jeff, wtf do they listen to? I mean when times of joy i crank up a pj song. When timez are shitty i find a song that picks me up unlike most, who continue to kick while down, f that. Can u dig it?

Dont I know what I would do without them That's what I'm saying it must suck to be them.

Might as well start a thread which was the worst show off your own that you went to.

I can say none of them im thankful for every show i get to attend.
    Im sure hank is to.

Yall folks are better to me than anybody in this town. I have yet to meet a bad person.

We pick each other up when times get tough
    So let's not dog pile on the man just be there for each other. That's why i
    Can still love cuz there are some Of the most awesome people on the side of the fence Let's keep it real stick together That's how we got this far

"Its my time to throw the next stone l call u beautiful if i call at all"

Thank You
  • Options
    Wrigley

What makes you the expert bigbankhank? Your opinion is nothing more than "your opinion"....I could go on but I am restraining myself

Yeah and never once did I say that my opinion only that I should be free to express it as long as it doesn't include personal attacks, so please don't restrain yourself on my behalf, as a defender of free speech I have only flagged one post or thread ever and that was the creepy guy talking weird about Eddie's daughter, but that is it regardless of how many personal attack I have received, because my opinion of what I see in the mirror and that gives me cause to be pretty damn proud,and the fact that I have not been in a single fight in almost 30 years, must mean all the people in my life must feel the same way, so I am not worried about some person on the internet trying to be cool, when I am engaging in real honest conversation, and if you actually took that bold step I would be more than happy to discuss any issue I would like, my thoughts and opinion, do evolve and grow, so those that offer up real informed and passionate discussion I would be more than happy to give your opinions full considerations, but your post is so uninspiring all I sense is hate there is no love, and if you do not have an endless supply of love and can fully express it at all times no matter how tough, than you are still in your infantile stage of development, so bring back some positivity and allow people to have opinions, because that is called respect and you do not give respect based whether or not you think they deserve it, you give them respect because you have respect for yourself
  • Options
    Wrigley

I can't wait to hear those boots. I heard Vancouver was absolutely INSANE and that Portland was great. I was at the Seattle show - wow was it fantastic, everything I thought it would be and MORE! I haven't listened to anything from that show yet though. I'll be interested to hear what you think when you get a chance to listen to them.

here's Oklahoma City, just the fan bootleg, but great fucking concert anyway
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmmxvmxtsg
  • Options
    © 2012 American Psychiatric Association. All Rights Reserved.
    See
    Terms & Conditions of Use
    for more information.
    DSM
    -
    IV and DSM
    -
    5 Criteria for
    the
    Personality Disorders
    General Criteria for a Personality Disorder
    General Criteria for a Personality Disorder
    DSM
    -
    IV
    DSM
    -
    5 Criteria
    -
    Revised June 2011
    A.
    An enduring pattern
    of inner experience and behavior the deviates
    markedly from the expectations of the individual's culture. This
    pattern is manifested in two (or more) of the following areas:
    Cognition (i.e., ways of perceiving and interpreting self,
    other people and even
    ts)
    Affectivity (i.e., the range, intensity, liability, and
    appropriateness of emotional response)
    Interpersonal functioning
    Impulse control
    B.
    The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad
    range of personal and social situations.
    C.
    The
    enduring pattern leads to clinically significant distress or
    impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of
    functioning.
    D.
    The pattern is stable and of long duration, and its onset can be
    traced back at least to adolescence or early adultho
    od.
    E.
    The enduring pattern is not better accounted for as a manifestation
    or consequence of another mental disorder.
    F.
    The enduring pattern is not due to the direct physiological effects
    of a substance (e.g., a drug abuse, a medication) or a general
    medical
    condition (e.g., head trauma).
    The essential features of a personality disorder are impairments in
    personality (self and interpersonal) functioning and the presence of
    pathological personality traits. To diagnose a personality disorder,
    the following cr
    iteria must be met:
    A.
    Significant impairments in self (identity or self
    -
    direction) and
    interpersonal (empathy or intimacy) functioning.
    B.
    One or more pathological personality trait domains or trait facets.
    C.
    The impairments in personality functioning and
    the individual‟s
    personality trait expression are relatively stable across time and
    consistent across situations.
    D.
    The impairments in personality functioning and the individual‟s
    personality trait expression are not better understood as
    normative for the i
    ndividual‟s developmental stage or socio
    -
    cultural environment.
    E.
    The impairments in personality functioning and the individual‟s
    personality trait expression are not solely due to the direct
    physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse,
    medication) or a general medical condition (e.g.,
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    Hank, you have a full blown personality disorder. You need assistance, man.
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    Wrigley

Hank, you have a full blown personality disorder. You need assistance, man.

I have taken psychedelics hundreds of times, so of course but society's standard I am considered insane, but everyone in real life thinks I am the coolest guy, so I could care less what someone like yourself who first of all has never met me and secondly has a seen a much, much, much, much more narrow scope of the universe than I have, not sure why anything you say should matter to me?????????????????????????
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Wrigley
    and many of the bands you grew listening did and did lots of it, even Eddie Vedder and Stone Gossard did it imagine that, no wonder they are so fucking cool, and if you can't figure what it is, no wonder
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZ2JBcUmcg
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
  • Options
    Wrigley

I got George Carlin and Pearl Jam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8
  • Options

I got George Carlin and Pearl Jam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8
    :)) Great Video
  • Options
    Wrigley
  • Options

here's Oklahoma City, just the fan bootleg, but great fucking concert anyway
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmmxvmxtsg

Thanks man! I was there and it was amazing! I had been waiting for the official boots for all my shows, but at this point I'm just finding what I can to tide me over!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    Wrigley
    happy to help, the show was so good, want to get people juiced for the official boots
  • Options

happy to help, the show was so good, want to get people juiced for the official boots

I think we are due 2 shows next week?
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    Wrigley
    yeah but it would be Charlottesville and Charlotte
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    This is one of those threads where people need to just learn to not take everything so personally. If ranking shows bothers you, just stay out of this thread and ignore it. Yeah, every PJ show rocks, we all know that. But you can still be objective to a degree. I saw 5 shows this tour, and Worcester 2 was the "weakest". Did I have a blast? Yup. But I can admit it was not up to par compared to the other 4. That doesn't make me a bad fan.

Everyone relax.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,071
    On what basis would you have tossed in Wrigley as one of the options for lowest ranked? I've read threads where people claim it was "historic" (which may or may not be accurate, but is probably closer to the truth than grouping it as a "lowest ranked" on a tour). It just can't see how someone would, on the one hand, say "this was one of the worst from a tour," while on the other hand, several others say it was "historic," "epic," etc.

Just seems odd. Were you at Wrigley?
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    Wrigley
    vant0037 said:

On what basis would you have tossed in Wrigley as one of the options for lowest ranked? I've read threads where people claim it was "historic" (which may or may not be accurate, but is probably closer to the truth than grouping it as a "lowest ranked" on a tour). It just can't see how someone would, on the one hand, say "this was one of the worst from a tour," while on the other hand, several others say it was "historic," "epic," etc.

Just seems odd. Were you at Wrigley?

nope just listened to the audience bootleg, I never said worst, those are your words, but compared to other shows I have heard it is the lowest ranked, I listen to Pearl Jam all the time, the band just set bar incredibly high on the 2013 tour