Options

lowest ranked show of the 2013 North American Tour

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Wrigley

If you had been at Wrigley instead of listening to it on Earth Cam...if you had actually been there...that's what you don't get, man. You went to one show in Phoenix, Hank. Don't you get it, man?? Every show is fucking great. It's fucking Pearl Jam, man. Get out of the call center and go to some shows, man.

I have been to shows, and I am moving to Seattle in 6 weeks, I will be seeing even more shows, but speaking of the call center I have to go work another 12 hour shift to make the money I need to save up before the move, and I have listened to the audience recording and the last 10 to 12 songs were way too rushed and the left out many songs and played others that in my opinion are not as good, but somehow I am not allowed to have an opinion, so apparently this is not an open forum where we are allowed to freely express our opinions as long as we don't call other people names, promote other competing products and don't talk about the personal lives of any of the band members, I haven't done any of those things, all I did was express an opinion that puts me in the minority, I guess I should stop thinking and stop trying to progress, at least I am thinking and while from time to time some of those thoughts may be off the mark, as T.S.Eliot once wrote "only those who risk going to fa, can find out how far they can actually go" and if stretching the limits of conventional wisdom makes me unpopular, I can live with this, because I am working towards something far greater, but go ahead and join the masses it is a very safe comfortable place

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Greeted by "El Guapo" the night before Wrigley, after soundcheck..It's all these experiences included, that make the show as well.

image375" />
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    you have the right to free speech! in lame threads... :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Reading this thread cracks me up. If you don't like the thread ignore it. It amazes me how easily people get offended by the small stuff. Just move on. Some people think some shows are better than others, which logically means you think some shows were worse than others. Let's stop getting our panties in a bunch over petty things.
  • Options
    Man...I was at LA Night 2 up front on the floor close to McCready and I wouldn't trade that show for anything...it was a great show!
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    The issue is that people spent thousands and spent vacation days to go to this. No one wants to diss their big trip or hear about it.
    I like all the quotes but no one gains anything from the original post. Keep the other quotes coming tho Hank!
  • Options
    Other
    PJ-Cubs said:

...Every show is fucking great. It's fucking Pearl Jam, man.

This
    ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,849
    In before the lock.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options

In before the lock.

I don't get this. Why? Why are you interested in being "in" a message board thread that may or may not be locked? And not just you. Everybody around here that posts that or abbreviates it "IBTL". What in the sam-hill is with you people?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    i got the brooklyn bootleg and must say very disapointed i thought the sound was crap but hey maybe because it was at the beginning of the tour
    danny d
  • Options
    I never voted because I don't know enough of the two shows to make a legitimate vote count.

Many of the critics of this thread could use a dose of their own advice.

Like... is a 'Who spins their vinyl' poll any more profound?

Some people think they got it all figured out. They have so much to learn.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    fruuppfruupp Posts: 88
    Los Anglees 2,do not think so.What a hell of a good show it was.
  • Options
    Wrigley

The issue is that people spent thousands and spent vacation days to go to this. No one wants to diss their big trip or hear about it.
    I like all the quotes but no one gains anything from the original post. Keep the other quotes coming tho Hank!

never did I say any show sucked that is the part that mystifies me, I actually have not listened to LA2, just heard some negative comments on the board so I threw it in, so what if the show you went to was an 8.5 out of 10 instead of a 10, big fucking deal, there are enough great moments in every show to make it worth it, and me saying that it is the lowest ranked show out of what I think was their best Tour ever, shouldn't effect you one way or another, just say you think I am wrong, present you reasons, and maybe I will find validation in those comments because maybe you are presenting it from an angle I had not considered, but whining because someone spent a ridiculous amount of money, is weak as hell because they are adults and as adults, they should of learned a long fucking time ago, sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never fucking hurt me, most people are a lot more mature than you would give them credit for

• Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Wrigley

In before the lock.

I don't get this. Why? Why are you interested in being "in" a message board thread that may or may not be locked? And not just you. Everybody around here that posts that or abbreviates it "IBTL". What in the sam-hill is with you people?
    yeah sure lets go run to Kat and waste her time and take away someones free speech, if the title of the thread said "which of the 2013 North American shows fucking sucked the worst", now that I would understand, but this mob mentality to jump on someone just because they have a differing opinion, is weak as hell, and doesn't speak too highly of the people who would kill free speak in an effort to censor this board, I really think this place is better than that, but it starts with each and every one of you, if you are going to get your feelings hurt and go whine and complain and get threads locked every time someone expresses a different opinion, than this place will suck, is that really the kind of bullshit you want to promote, I mean I thought we lived in America, and certainly none of the band members would support your take, I am 100000000% sure of that, they are against all forms of censorship, and as fans of the band really not sure how some of you can try to mute someone with an opposing view who is not hurting anyone, seriously do you pay attention to any of Eddie's lyrics?
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    Other
    Was not a fan of the Uranus show this year. Now that show was shitty
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options

In before the lock.

yeah sure lets go run to Kat and waste her time and take away someones free speech, if the title of the thread said "which of the 2013 North American shows fucking sucked the worst", now that I would understand, but this mob mentality to jump on someone just because they have a differing opinion, is weak as hell, and doesn't speak too highly of the people who would kill free speak in an effort to censor this board, I really think this place is better than that, but it starts with each and every one of you, if you are going to get your feelings hurt and go whine and complain and get threads locked every time someone expresses a different opinion, than this place will suck, is that really the kind of bullshit you want to promote, I mean I thought we lived in America, and certainly none of the band members would support your take, I am 100000000% sure of that, they are against all forms of censorship, and as fans of the band really not sure how some of you can try to mute someone with an opposing view who is not hurting anyone, seriously do you pay attention to any of Eddie's lyrics?
    What are you talking about? Some dude said "in before the lock" and I was like "why do people post that?" What does that even have to do with you?

Look, no one's trying to censor you. They're getting on your case cause "rank the worst show" is a bummer/buzz-kill kinda of thread. All these threads you make end up with you getting all emotional and making bizarre defenses to stuff nobody's accusing you of. Worst show, worst song, worst album...all bummer kind of threads. Yes you have freedom of speech to post a thread like that. But everyone else has the freedom of speech to say it's lame.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Wrigley

In before the lock.

What are you talking about? Some dude said "in before the lock" and I was like "why do people post that?" What does that even have to do with you?

Look, no one's trying to censor you. They're getting on your case cause "rank the worst show" is a bummer/buzz-kill kinda of thread. All these threads you make end up with you getting all emotional and making bizarre defenses to stuff nobody's accusing you of. Worst show, worst song, worst album...all bummer kind of threads. Yes you have freedom of speech to post a thread like that. But everyone else has the freedom of speech to say it's lame.
    sorry bud just got off work and this new forum layout is very confusing, well then that is directed at that person, I had never heard anything like that from you and I though it was weird and that explains it, once again please accept my apolgy
  • Options
    Wrigley
    I smoked a bowl now I am all better
  • Options

In before the lock.

sorry bud just got off work and this new forum layout is very confusing, well then that is directed at that person, I had never heard anything like that from you and I though it was weird and that explains it, once again please accept my apolgy
    It's fine man. But still, don't be so emotional.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    If you guys don't like his "polls" don't read his threads.. Easy as that.. No need to bash.. No need to say its not neccessary.. No reason to give it a rest.. Wtf.. This is what he wants to do..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wrigley

In before the lock.

I take calls for a Medicare prescription drug plan and the only way to decode what some of the people are trying to say is a large amount of caffeine, you ever deal with people with dementia or addicted to prescription medications for 12 hours, it is hard to come back down
  • Options
    Wrigley
    Wma31394 said:

If you guys don't like his "polls" don't read his threads.. Easy as that.. No need to bash.. No need to say its not neccessary.. No reason to give it a rest.. Wtf.. This is what he wants to do..

thank you, I never told anyone they have to agree with me
  • Options

In before the lock.

I take calls for a Medicare prescription drug plan and the only way to decode what some of the people are trying to say is a large amount of caffeine, you ever deal with people with dementia or addicted to prescription medications for 12 hours, it is hard to come back down
    I can imagine

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    If OP, or anyone, wants to discuss shows that they think aren't up to par then what gives?

This is a place to discuss the band.. It's not like he said "OMG that Pearl Jam show are t3h suxors!!". If there is a show anyone thinks isn't up to par with the high standard set by the band for their live performances, they should be allowed to talk about it provided they discuss it in a mature manner.

We all obviously love this band, and I understand some people may take offense to someone calling their dream show a "down show"... but if you have a different opinion, explain why you think it isn't a down show.. Offer a different opinion. Just because someone else said it was a down show doesn't mean you have to think it's a down show.

Opinions are like....

you know the rest :).
  • Options
    Wrigley
  • Options
    Wrigley

If OP, or anyone, wants to discuss shows that they think aren't up to par then what gives?

This is a place to discuss the band.. It's not like he said "OMG that Pearl Jam show are t3h suxors!!". If there is a show anyone thinks isn't up to par with the high standard set by the band for their live performances, they should be allowed to talk about it provided they discuss it in a mature manner.

We all obviously love this band, and I understand some people may take offense to someone calling their dream show a "down show"... but if you have a different opinion, explain why you think it isn't a down show.. Offer a different opinion. Just because someone else said it was a down show doesn't mean you have to think it's a down show.

Opinions are like....

you know the rest :).

very well said and thought out
  • Options
    Wrigley
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    to each, their own. I went to 3 shows on the tour: Portland, Spokane & Seattle. I've heard most (if not all) of the boots from Leg 1 & I still have not heard a show that matched Portland or Spokane. Those back-to-back nights were fucking amazing & I can't wait until the bootlegs are out. Until then, everything I've heard so far has been great. PJ were flat-out "on" this tour & we're a lucky group to have seen them.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com