Options

Eddie Vedder - Australian Solo Tour - Shows ADDED

Comments

• Options
    this is most excellent :) managed my first choice show, nice to get some luck!

think i should have gone public as all my 10c seats on EV's 2011 tour were pretty bad :cry:

will be praying for Feb 20th in Adelaide, but not too bummed about it, just grateful they're even coming :!:
    wah
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    ND260106 wrote:
    There is a My Ticketmaster pre-sale on midday Tuesday for Melbourne shows. Not sure if there is a code required for it, but as long as you have a ticketmaster account, you should have access. I've tried searching my inbox for an email from ticketmaster, but nothing yet.
    Anyone know anything more?

That's great you found that out, I called Ticketmaster last Friday and asked about a presale for Sydney State Theatre and they could not tell me anything. I also called the Opera House, they have a presale on Tuesday....if you are a member, it costs $110 to sign up. The person that I spoke to said it would be best to ring up and become a member and mention you are becoming a member to see EV so you could get presale details.

Unfortunately I can only afford to go to the one show......$293 after the AUD turned to USD.
    Good luck everyone, I hope you all get tickets.
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    I just found this on the Ticketmaster page

How do I access the My Ticketmaster Presales? My Ticketmaster pre-sales entitle eligible, pre-registered My Ticketmaster Members to purchase tickets prior to them becoming available to the general public.

To be eligible you must have signed up to become a My Ticketmaster Member on our website (www.ticketmaster.com.au) and select to receive "Special Event Related Offers" and the applicable "Category of Interest" or "Performer Alert". Registration is required to be completed at least 48 hours prior to the announcement of the presale.

Once the presale is announced an email is sent to eligible My Ticketmaster members advising of the date tickets will be released and the password you need to access them. This password is different to your log-in password and is unique to each presale.

I guess my question would now be, is that what I have? I signed up with them on Saturday ... but unlike Natasha mentioned re $110 ... I didnt pay anything .... I do have a "My Ticketmaster" page with my details etc... its a bit confusing ....
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    Emm wrote:
    ND260106 wrote:
    There is a My Ticketmaster pre-sale on midday Tuesday for Melbourne shows. Not sure if there is a code required for it, but as long as you have a ticketmaster account, you should have access. I've tried searching my inbox for an email from ticketmaster, but nothing yet.
    Anyone know anything more?

Im interested to know this as well ... hoping you don't need a code, might be worth a call to Ticketmaster??

Hey there. If you are a member of Ticketmaster, you should receive an email either late tonight (Monday) or Tuesday morning with a code word. Emails are usually sent out late for an event like this in an effort to stop people distributing the code word (I believe). This is how it has worked for me in the past, so I assume (and hope) it is the same here.

Just keep checking those emails!
  • Options
    Thanks LOG (Ooo :lol: your names funny abbreviated!) ... i'll keep checking emails ... im not sure ive updated my preferences quick enough to be on the mailing list though :(
  • Options
    Dan0zDan0z Posts: 10
    I was checking Ticketmaster's website and they have the price for tickets as $125 each... So how come I've just had to pay $293 for two?? That seems quite a bit more than just your average handling fees and charges (roughly $20 more a ticket). There is every chance that I've now paid more money for a ticket that could be up in the nosebleed section.
  • Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    From my experience last time, the pre sale tickets are the worst seats. I think it was worth going in the lottery for the opera house, it is going to be crazy trying to get tickets for that gig when they go on sale to the general public. I was lucky enough to get them in the 10C lottery. I'm thinking the best way to go is to just wait for wednesday to pull the trigger, if you get in early enough you will score sweet seats, I'm going to try for the other sydney gig and the melbourne gigs that way. Only being able to buy a max of 4 tickets, that's gotta help too.
  • Options
    edieedie Posts: 9
    Got 2 tix in the draw but was a bit surprised that you don't find out your seat and can't get your hands on the ticket until the day of the gig? I get they don't want people reselling them but reading all of these comments now about 10C getting crappy seats, I'm wondering if I should have just gone through the Ticketmaster presale - I've never missed out on tickets that way before and you choose your seat (upstairs in the Palais can be a bit 'dead' cos no one stands up) but I just assumed 10C would control some good ones - no chance of first in best dressed in this instance then! Oh well..Saw Eddie there last time though and he was brilliant so fingers crossed that we don't just get the leftover seats after Ticketmaster sell the good ones...
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    edie wrote:
    Got 2 tix in the draw but was a bit surprised that you don't find out your seat and can't get your hands on the ticket until the day of the gig? I get they don't want people reselling them but reading all of these comments now about 10C getting crappy seats, I'm wondering if I should have just gone through the Ticketmaster presale - I've never missed out on tickets that way before and you choose your seat (upstairs in the Palais can be a bit 'dead' cos no one stands up) but I just assumed 10C would control some good ones - no chance of first in best dressed in this instance then! Oh well..Saw Eddie there last time though and he was brilliant so fingers crossed that we don't just get the leftover seats after Ticketmaster sell the good ones...

At a venue of 2800, you should probably just be feeling fortunate to have won the lottery. Any seat in the house will be amazing. 10 Club tickets are always allocated this way (don't know location until pick up tickets). No one cares how you're dressed, this isn't a Kanye show, so maybe you should just go for comfortable.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    I just assumed 10C would control some good ones - no chance of first in best dressed in this instance then! Oh well.
    No one cares how you're dressed, this isn't a Kanye show, so maybe you should just go for comfortable.

Seriously?! I hope not, I don't think that's what he meant bud.
  • Options
    edieedie Posts: 9
    Yep - not what I meant! Anyway I wasn't trying to whinge - I know it'll be brilliant - I saw him there last time & he was fantastic. I was just surprised to read from so many people that the 10c tickets are not usually good seats. Anyway hopefully everyone who wants tickets, gets them. I'm pretty sure Chris Cornell didn't sell out the second night at the Palais when he was here and there's a lot of competition for the concert dollar that time of year so fingers crossed for everyone else too. Have a great night guys :)
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    Can't believe I've missed out. First time ever. Sucks balls.

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Emm wrote:
    Thanks LOG (Ooo :lol: your names funny abbreviated!) ... i'll keep checking emails ... im not sure ive updated my preferences quick enough to be on the mailing list though :(

Ha! It's funny the things you don't notice until someone else points it out.

For what it's worth, a while back I had to create a new Ticketmaster account because I forget the details of my last one. I did it the day before pre-sales went on sale for a show I wanted and I still received the announcement.

Sometimes I won't receive an email until an hour or so before they go on sale. Good luck!
  • Options
    From my experience last time, the pre sale tickets are the worst seats. I think it was worth going in the lottery for the opera house, it is going to be crazy trying to get tickets for that gig when they go on sale to the general public. I was lucky enough to get them in the 10C lottery. I'm thinking the best way to go is to just wait for wednesday to pull the trigger, if you get in early enough you will score sweet seats, I'm going to try for the other sydney gig and the melbourne gigs that way. Only being able to buy a max of 4 tickets, that's gotta help too.

I have been on both ends when it comes to pre-sales, both front row and way, way back for gigs. Sometimes luck favours you - and as you said, the max of four tickets should help.

If nothing else, at least you know you have tickets secured which is pretty awesome. Takes away a little of the stress. Good luck!
  • Options
    I have been on both ends when it comes to pre-sales, both front row and way, way back for gigs. Sometimes luck favours you - and as you said, the max of four tickets should help.

If nothing else, at least you know you have tickets secured which is pretty awesome. Takes away a little of the stress. Good luck!
    [/quote]

Yeah you're probably right, a lot of it is up to luck. Either way, if you're in the building it's going to be sweet.

I went and saw Ed play over in the states, was in Portland and as luck would have it I somehow got my nosebleed section seat swapped for front row, middle! Spent the night 2 meters away from Eddie, unbelievable. So i don't mind just being in the room this time, I've had my front row experience.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Glad I didn't waste my time with the Ten Club lottery draw nonsense. My Ten club seats for EV 2011 were very disappointing. Will be buying mine through the Venue's pre-sale tomorrow and am confident I will get something good.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    mwplum wrote:
    edie wrote:

No one cares how you're dressed, this isn't a Kanye show, so maybe you should just go for comfortable.

:lol:

Well I just learnt something new...according to google, "first in, best dressed" is an Australian saying!

mwplum, edie wasn't looking for clothing advice. If you are "first in, best dressed" it means you did something first and might have an advantage because of that.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ND260106ND260106 Posts: 101
    Still yet to get email from Ticketmaster. Hopefully something comes through by tonight.

Also signed up to Chugg Entertainment and Palais Theatre.

Does anyone know if you are trying to get tickets for 2 shows will the presale code work for both shows, or just 1?
    PJ
    2006 - Melbourne - Nov. 16
    2009 - Melbourne - Nov. 20
    2013 - LA Nov. 24 / Oakland - Nov. 26 / Portland Nov. 29 / Vancouver Dec. 4
    2014 - Melbourne - Jan. 24
    2018 - Boston - Sep. 2 / Boston Sep. 4
    EV
    2011 - Melbourne - Mar. 24
    2014 - Melbourne - Feb. 16 / Melbourne - Feb. 18
    TOTD
    2016 - Seattle - Nov. 21 / Seattle Nov. 22
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    -Emma- wrote:
    mwplum wrote:
    edie wrote:

:lol:

Well I just learnt something new...according to google, "first in, best dressed" is an Australian saying!

mwplum, edie wasn't looking for clothing advice. If you are "first in, best dressed" it means you did something first and might have an advantage because of that.
    Haha!!! That's so funny!!! :lol: that's like when I said once on here "pissed myself laughing" and someone thought if actually pissed myself or when someone used the word fanny pack and I explained to them what a fanny was over here.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I got tix to night 1 in Brisbane and scored a spare off another freind for night 2 - couldn't be happier.
    I know my seats might not be the best, but I'm in the building!!
    I went to multiples on his last solo tour and the only seats within 20 rows were the ones I bought through the venue, but I'm just happy to have confirmation that I get to go.

Good luck to everyone trying in the public sale - Hoping eveyone gets the shows they're after.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    edie wrote:
    Yep - not what I meant! Anyway I wasn't trying to whinge - I know it'll be brilliant - I saw him there last time & he was fantastic. I was just surprised to read from so many people that the 10c tickets are not usually good seats. Anyway hopefully everyone who wants tickets, gets them. I'm pretty sure Chris Cornell didn't sell out the second night at the Palais when he was here and there's a lot of competition for the concert dollar that time of year so fingers crossed for everyone else too. Have a great night guys :)

Haha, I just read back my post, and it sounds way snarkier than I intended. I was just kidding, and even funnier is the fact that I didn't understand the phrase. Chalk it up to Canadian ignorance. I actually lived in Sydney for 2 years (best time of my life), but there were always so many phrases and sayings that definitely went over my head. I hope you have a great time at the show too!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    People seem to be asking about Ticketmaster presales ... I got an email from Chugg Entertainment about 3 days ago about it. Basic details below:

EDDIE VEDDER
    PRE-SALE DETAILS

PRE-SALE START: 12PM (local time) TUESDAY 17 DECEMBER

PRE-SALE END: 5PM (local time) TUESDAY 17 DECEMBER*

TICKET LIMIT: MAX 4 TICKETS PER CUSTOMER

THERE IS NO PASSWORD REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE PRE-SALE

GENERAL PUBLIC TICKETS ON SALE WEDNESDAY 18 DECEMBER 10AM LOCAL

*or until pre-sale allocation is exhausted
  • Options
    Alfonz wrote:
    People seem to be asking about Ticketmaster presales ... I got an email from Chugg Entertainment about 3 days ago about it. Basic details below:

EDDIE VEDDER
    PRE-SALE DETAILS

PRE-SALE START: 12PM (local time) TUESDAY 17 DECEMBER

PRE-SALE END: 5PM (local time) TUESDAY 17 DECEMBER*

TICKET LIMIT: MAX 4 TICKETS PER CUSTOMER

THERE IS NO PASSWORD REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE PRE-SALE

GENERAL PUBLIC TICKETS ON SALE WEDNESDAY 18 DECEMBER 10AM LOCAL

*or until pre-sale allocation is exhausted

So i assume you just log in to ticketmaster and it should work?
    PJ
    EV
    TOTD
  • Options
    TICKETMASTER UPDATE:

I just received a Ticketmaster email regarding Ed's solo tour. No code word/password was included.

In the email it had a 'Get Tickets' button that re-directed me to Ed's shows (Melbourne & Sydney State Theatre) on the Ticketmaster website. I am not sure if it would be best to enter Ticketmaster via the email or just Ticketmaster direct, but I will be choosing the first option just in case.

Good luck one and all. Hopefully you'll all be smiling soon enough.
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Emm wrote:
    I just found this on the Ticketmaster page

How do I access the My Ticketmaster Presales? My Ticketmaster pre-sales entitle eligible, pre-registered My Ticketmaster Members to purchase tickets prior to them becoming available to the general public.

To be eligible you must have signed up to become a My Ticketmaster Member on our website (http://www.ticketmaster.com.au) and select to receive "Special Event Related Offers" and the applicable "Category of Interest" or "Performer Alert". Registration is required to be completed at least 48 hours prior to the announcement of the presale.

Once the presale is announced an email is sent to eligible My Ticketmaster members advising of the date tickets will be released and the password you need to access them. This password is different to your log-in password and is unique to each presale.

I guess my question would now be, is that what I have? I signed up with them on Saturday ... but unlike Natasha mentioned re $110 ... I didnt pay anything .... I do have a "My Ticketmaster" page with my details etc... its a bit confusing ....

An error in what was said....sorry for getting anyones hopes up
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I've got a spare Ten Club Ticket for the first night in Brisbane (22/02/2014)...Face Value...MP if interrested!

Cheers!
  • Options
    Pre Sales today! :D Good luck every one!
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Emm wrote:
    Pre Sales today! :D Good luck every one!

Yes, good luck everyone :).

For those of you who are planning to travel to shows in other cities (if you can get tickets), are you going to book flights that arrive on the day of the concert or the day before?
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Still waiting on my ticketmaster email. I'm signed up and verything and nothing has come through yet.

Would anyone be able to do me a solid and forward the email to me?
    PJ
    EV
    TOTD
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    Still waiting for my Ticketmaster email as well.

Getting nervous now...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)