Options

*** Vancouver, BC Fanviews Here 12/4/13 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
edited January 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Rogers Arena
Vancouver, BC
Dec 04, 2013
Set List

Opening Band: Mudhoney

Intro Music: Pendulumorphosis

01. Oceans
02. Can’t Keep
03. Low Light
04. Corduroy
05. Breakerfall
06. Mind Your Manners-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
07. Why Go (during the intro Ed says “It’s Commodore Ballroom type stuff” possibly referring to the enthusiasm in the pit)
08. God’s Dice
09. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
10. In Hiding (Ed sings part of song from Matt’s riser to the people behind the stage)
(Ed mentions all the flags from different countries that are here tonight. He admires them for braving the Canadian border crossing. “One measure of a countries standards are how tough the borders are. So this toast is to all the people working the Canadian border crossings.
He also talks about the first time they played Vancouver at a place called “The Town Pump”)

11. Even Flow

(Ed wonders if American border guard would have a problem with Toronto’s mayor coming into the U.S.? Deciding that probably not if he wanted to go to New Mexico.
He talks about Soundgarden and Mudhoney playing in Vancouver in the early ’90’s.
He also says the next song is about a young man going to Alaska via Seattle and Vancouver. Notes that Matt Cameron requested the song.)

12. Setting Forth
13. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney)
14. Daughter/It’s OK-(Cole) (Ed compliments the audience on their great singing and isn’t sure if Seattle will “bring it” like Vancouver is and asks the audience to sing “It’s Okay”. At the end he says “That’s for Fred and Toody”)

15. Infallible-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(Ed points out a guy about halfway back on the floor holding up a sign (Olé?) and asks if he is going to be going to the Seattle show as well. The person indicates yes, this is a great relief to Ed because they were going to play the song tonight but now they don’t have to and they thought they would have to fly the guy down and help with the border crossing so the guy could come to the Seattle show)

16. After Hours-(Reed)
17. Siren-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
18. Jeremy (Mike circles around the back of the stage to come over and play with Stone)
19. Gonna See My Friend
20. Improv 12/02/13
21. Porch (Jeff breaks a globe)

Encore Break 1

(Ed compliments the audience on making them feel so good. “For a guy who feels weird about drinking alone, this is great. It is about as far away from drinking alone as you can get. Oh, I forgot to share...” He thanks Simon for bringing him a new bottle of wine. Simon is, “guitar tech, bartender..” He also comments on the smell of marijuana in the audience.)
22. Soon Forget

(While the guitar techs work on an amp Ed asks the audience to help him celebrate Chris Chelios getting into the Hockey Hall of Fame. The audience sort of cheers but more people boo. (Chelios played for a rival team) Ed laughs and comments “that was more applause than I thought. He then encourages the audience to really boo so Ed can send Chris the tape.)

23. Yellow Moon-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
24. Thumbing My Way
(We want to play a request for someone from Mexico. If we play a request from Mexico in Canada it will be like a meeting of the minds)

25. Footsteps
26. Mother-(Waters)
(Ed toasts Roger Waters and mentions that he has some new music coming out. He discusses seeing “The Wall” with Jeff. He goes on to talk about paying taxes for things you don’t agree with like war and being complicit in wars because the country you live in is involved in them. He tells they Canadians they are lucky that their country isn’t actively at war. “This song is about living in a city that builds war planes”.

27. Insignificance
28. Given To Fly
29. Got Some
30. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
(Ed-”I fucked up I know...I was just listening to you...”)

Encore Break 2

(Ed thanks Andy Wolf for being a hero and fixing Stone’s amps. He asks the audience to cheer for Mudhoney for driving all the way here from Calgary)

31. Go
32. Do The Evolution
33. Black
34. Alive
35. Kick Out The Jams w/ Mark Arm and Steve Turner of Mudhoney-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)
36. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    I Wish I Was There :corn:
    Prague 2000, Berlin 2010, Prague 2012, Berlin I. 2012
    2014 EU TOUR: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin - done!!!
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    konophee wrote:
    I Wish I Was There :corn:

Me too, Daughter with It's ok tag, Gods Dice, Not for You/Modern Girl, Setting Forth, as well as Infallible & Yellow Moon......awesome setlist another one I will have to buy :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    OMG what a show!! this was the best show I have ever seen. Period. great crowd and band energy. ..killer setlist!!! So glad I was there. :)
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    3rd row between Stone and Ed. so many gems and surprises. Best show of the 15 or so I have been to. first show was in 93 and it just keeps getting better. just one big party.

Highlights

Gods Dice
    Brekerfall
    GTF
    Mother
    DTE
    too many to mention.

Ed's voice just seemed to get stronger and stronger as the night wore on.

I am beat
  • Options
    Absolutely Fantastic, a Truly,BRILLIANT show!!!!!!Well worth the trip from JAPAN. had such a
    Great time,must get some sleep now back to JAPAN in the morning!!!!
    Thank you Pearl Jam and everyone for such a memorable time.
    PLEASE COME TO JAPAN AGAIN SOON!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Once again I get back and am at a loss for words. PJ never disappoints! The sign that was held up said "Of the Earth", and I saw a set list pic...sure enough it was on there and skipped. Not complaining about anything, because I finally saw Oceans!
  • Options
    I have to seriously consider whether this passed the Gorge 05 and Montreal 03 as the best show I've been to. I think it may have! Not bad for a bunch of middle aged men! Well done, fellas.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    What a show!!! Was at Calgary, this one crushed that. Don't know what to say. You don't think they can surprise you or make you feel like it's the first time you see them, though you are in double digits, and they bkow your mind everytime!
    So good. Should maybe trek down to Seattle now......
    It's ok was my highlight
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    edited December 2013
    Sea wrote:
    (Ed points out a guy about halfway back on the floor holding up a sign (Olé?) and asks if he is going to be going to the Seattle show as well. The person indicates yes, this is a great relief to Ed because they were going to play the song tonight but now they don’t have to and they thought they would have to fly the guy down and help with the border crossing so the guy could come to the Seattle show)

If you saw a crew of 6 rocking out 5 rows behind G.A. (Mike's side) with santa hats, that was us.

The sign was made by a friend of mine from Toronto who's gone to every show since Portland and we've been close most nights and Ed's given a nod to the sign a few times.

The sign is for Of The Earth .. which was scratched from tonight's set list.

Ed better hold up his promise!!!

More later, need sleep ... fantastic night .... See y'all in Seattle.
    Post edited by jimed14 on
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    ok so throughout this entire tour ive been reading people post that theyve been to multiple shows and yada yada it was the best show theyve ever been to...this was my 10th show and my fucking god this was hands down the best ive ever seen them!!!

i thought nothing could ever top the 09 vancouver show. im still in awe as i write this just arriving back at home.

i wound up 3rd row dead centre in the ga pit. met some great people there. we had one drunk girl try to force her way to the front. i kept blocking her. security finally went after her after our section and the next section over complained enough. you can read my negative opinion of the ga organization/numbering system in the porch.

ill post some vids later....
  • Options
    GivnerGivner Posts: 54
    Portland was awesome. This one was 'awesomer'. Great setlist. Finally saw In Hiding!

Yellow Ledbetter finish was great but the setlist I saw said Indifference. Intrigue! :-)

Seattle has been called out so I expect this show to be topped. Let's hope!!!
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    Another incredible set list.

Breakerfall
    GodsDice
    Can't Keep
    Footsteps

Would have been nice to have been there
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Long live general admission!! :lol:
  • Options
    Long live general admission!! :lol:
  • Options
    OMG what a show tonight!!! Had a blast!! I ended up on the rail dead centre in front of Ed!!! I had Megadave to my left and Lov2Rok on my right.
    I had many moments with Ed. Just looking up, singing...seeing him looking down at me and smiling as I'm singing along with him. After Lightning Bolt, while the into to In Hiding was playing, Ed walked to the front of the stage, pointed at me and gave security a pick to give to me!!
    Later on I got to drink Ed's wine from the bottle! (everyone around me did).
    Loved the setlist...some great songs. Yes Ed had some minor Fuck ups. (ie. Betterman, and the briefly in Sirens), but he seemed to be in a good mood - they all were.
    They all fun batting those lights around - even Stone Joined in. :)

LOVE that they brought back Thumbing my Way and Soon Forget. Mother is a fave of mine. Amazing cover!!!

I brought in a double sided sign. One side said "Other Side" - Ok I didn't get that, hopefully in Seattle.
    The other side said "From Toronto will trade crack for a tambourine"
    It worked - Ed threw me one during Ledbetter!!! and he didn't ask for the crack lol.

Great evening! Crowd around me was good. People were respectful and seemed to look out for each other.

Great night! Can't wait for Seattle!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Breathtaking!!!!! What an overwhelming setlist. :shock: The entire list is a highlight! :o Boot! Boot! Boot!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Holy Shit...and that's an understatement, tonight I was blown away!!! Been to more concerts than most, and can say without a doubt, tonight was by far one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had!

Pearl Jam on any given day is frankly an addiction, one that I'm pleased to have. Tonight I felt like I was reverberating from the inside out, and my extremities were tingling from the incredible energy in that Arena. Eddie Vedder could do no wrong, he is the most charismatic, gregarious, humble, political, down right nice guy you could ever meet.

Yes, I have met him and I told him so, "Ed you are good man!" "Thank you for everything that you do!" He looked into my eyes, with a shy grin and a twinkle in his eye, "Thank you, Thank you," he replied. This was back in April 2008 after his Vancouver Solo Tour.

Tonight was so over the top, full with energy, the perfect mix of nostalgic and brand new songs, it felt more like I was at a grande private party that Eddie was throwing, it felt intimate as if we were all in a small venue, but we weren't.

Pearl Jam, thank you for an outstanding performance and stamina. You are classy, inspiring and bring joy wherever you go.

We will always love you, you matter, thank you!
    Loving PJ Since 1991

Plaza of Nations - May 21, 1992
    Tbird, UBC - Jul 21, 1992
    B.C. Place - Sept 04, 1993
    The Center - April 03, 2008 - EV Solo -The night I met EV
    GM Place - Sept 25, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Sept 25, 2011
    Rogers Arena - Dec 4, 2013
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    DOH!! It's Ok!!
  • Options
    a new improv? can't wait to hear what that's aboot.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    what a show...wow

thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Man that is a *hell* of a setlist. How many tour debuts are in there?
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Another banger.

Oceans, cant keep, God's Dice, In hiding, Gonna see my friends(the weed dealers in vancouver ;) ), new improv, Thumbing into Footsteps into Mother was KILLER! and loved hearing Got Some brought back.

Another great one. Cant wait til Friday.

Safe travels across the border people.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    a new improv? can't wait to hear what that's aboot.

:thumbup:

must have been fixing the amps ar fetching some more wine bottles.
    :)

What a set for the penultimate show of the NA tour !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    FOUR songs off binaural!? :shock:

they probably have not played that many off that album in one show since the binaural tour :lol:

fantastic set.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,105
    Great fucking show!

It was a pretty day all around. I met Mike a few hours before the show at the hotel (but what had to be completely impeccable timing to coming off the elevator at the right place and the right time).

We got into for doors right at 6:30 and staked out a decent spot a bit to the right of centre. I think I started out with about 4 rows of people infront of me maybe.. was a little closer by the end (due to some crowd movement). Some poor girl nearly passed out in the pit. I had a total WTF moment. Luckily the girl standing next to me was all over it and she was like.. we need go get her the fuck out of here. So I tapped the people in front of me and we picked up her up and got her to security at the rail.

The set.. I got one of my bucket list! Heard Oceans.... I think I've now seen all of ten played live (except master/slave). There were quite a few songs from Ten last night.

The crowd was really really energetic. Reminded be a bit of Boise 2000. The small stop before the tour ended in Seattle, but an epic show.

This one ranks with Boise and Gorge 05 as my favorite ever pj shows.

Not sure how they are going to top that in Seattle... should be an interesting challenge.
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    Def one of the best PJ shows Ive been too... Gorge 05 was my most memorable... this is pretty damn close if not on par..

We had great seats on McCready's side and they were awesome! Great group of peeps around us... cept for the drunk dude in front of us... guy fell down on the floor a couple times :D He was dancing like it was an interpretative dance theatre :D Then he decided to jump the boards to get into GA... needless he was nailed by 4-5 security dudes and had his ass hauled out :D

Such a flat out awesome show last night.... can't wait for tomorrow!!!!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    Great setlist. Congrats to all who got to go. Lucky Bastards :D
    To and fro the pendulum throws

"Don't Worry, Be Happy." Avatar Meher Baba

7/12/11 - EV Oakland 2, 10/22/11 - EV Bridge School
    9/25/11 Vancouver, 11/26/13 - Oakland, 11/7/15 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    All I can say is wow!

2ND from the rail dead center in front of mike. They all killed it. Oceans, in hiding mother, footsteps, etc etc...

Highlights:

Mike busting up a floor light in during encore. Jeff breaking a swinging globe and then wearing as a hat. Stone, mike and ed, side stage enjoying mudhoneys set

more later... got to grab a cofffee and hit the road to seattle!
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    nothing wrong with "my" shows in portland and spokane but this one........? wow :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16