Options

*** Vancouver, BC Fanviews Here 12/4/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 260
    I'll echo the sentiments of every one else..... HOLY F***ING S***!!!!

My seventh show and it was absolutely worth the trip across the country. I thought calgary was amazing the other night but tonight just absolutely blew my mind. As soon as they hit cordury the guys just looked like they were ready to go all night. Crowd was great in our area on the floor, 7-8 deep between mike and ed, minor moment of anger when I got half a beer in the head early on but it quickly passed. That's what I get for being 6'7" and jumping up and down like a crazy man hahaha

Hopefully the bring it in Seattle Friday as well :D
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    I'm at a loss for words. After getting through with the ridiculous sideshow that is the
    line out front my fiancé and I walk down to none other then 3rd row center. This being my 3rd show and
    my fiancées 1st it was already memorable before the first song. After a drunk girl caused a bit of a commotion things just went stratospheric. The two of us being able to have a chance to "have a moment" with Eddie and the guys and then have Ed search out my fiancé and toss her a tambourine. Pure magic. She told me that he looked her in the eyes and pointed to her when she was singing. I know we all think that but I was giving him the best concert sign language possible to tell him it's her first show haha. Either way this was mind altering. Pure magic. These guys are more amazing every show. Oh I may add in quickly they were the icebreaker that led to us getting married next year and even using future days as our wedding song. I'm so happy
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    HOLY BINAURAL!!!

Other than a handful of the newer songs, this looks more like a 2000 tour setlist! :thumbup:

One of SEVERAL boots I'll be ordering from this tour for sure.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Givner wrote:
    Portland was awesome. This one was 'awesomer'. Great setlist. Finally saw In Hiding!

Yellow Ledbetter finish was great but the setlist I saw said Indifference. Intrigue! :-)

Seattle has been called out so I expect this show to be topped. Let's hope!!!

It's because that cute little kid on his dad's shoulders (GA center, about 12 rows back) had a sign that said "please play yellow ledbetter"

dammit - cute kids and their signs :P
  • Options
    This show......my god. This was an incredible night.

Seeing PJ cover Mother live, when the guitar kicks in, is one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed.

Amazing opening, had never got Can't Keep before.

It's so true, the sentiment in a previous post. How this band can keep doing this stuff to you....its just amazing. I've seen a few shows now, and they truly floor you every time....

This one was one for the books....Possibly, song for song, my favourite setlist I've ever seen played live.

Bring on Seattle!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I don't even know where to start. I thought LA1 of this tour was going to be my best show ever, but this one may have outdone that show. Love all the Binaural songs as that album is top 3 or 4 for me. I thought row 13 in the seating area on the floor was going to be bad, but it was close enough to see everything and we were on Mike's side so totally energized and rocked out all night.

Highlights? They were all highlights, but my gawd: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, God's Dice, In Hiding, Not For You (one of my four birthday wishlist songs), Gonna See My Friend, Soon Forget, THUMBING MY WAY!! (wept), Footsteps, Insignificance (second of my four birthday wishlist songs). Plus the usual favs like Evenflow, Go, Got Some, Porch, and Black (and wept again).

The best part of the night was when I realized that they were getting to song #7 of the first encore, then #8, and I looked at the time and it was getting close to 11:30, and I thought, this show is going to go to midnight. And it most certainly did.

The word EPIC gets thrown around a lot, but this one for me anyway, was most EPIC! I'll never forget this show, and I'll never forget this birthday! Thanks Pearl Jam!!!!!!!!!
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    My friend was given permission to shoot Pearl Jam last night....Great pics coming up.....I will link here when ready for viewing.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Holy shit, man.

Just got back home and I'm still reeling from the show. What the hell got into them? I don't typically gush about performances, but this one deserves more than a thumbs up emoticon.

Everything has been said about the setlist which- short of being 'perfect' (which would be impossible unless one was to write it themself for themselves... to be perfect for one)-... was freaking unreal. In Hiding, Jeremy, Go to start the second encore (kicking our asses with it I might mention), Oceans to start the evening (I can't get it out of my head right now), Footsteps, Mother... are you serious? Black followed by Alive in the encore. Wow.

I've never seen the band so happy to be playing. They performed like they were trying to prove something to someone: blowing everyone away. Kick Out the Jams was them up on the stage absolutely frolicking about and everyone enjoying watching the spectacle. I have never seen Jeff so happy- laughing and smiling and clowning around with the 'glass hat' with Mike.

It was after midnight when they were leaving and to me, it looked as if they didn't want to go. Seriously... it looked like they wanted to keep playing.

Gotta say the crowd was awesome. I was in GA, dead center, about 20 people back. The people around me were cool and really into it. When I looked at the crowd in the stands... people were given 'er. Eddie said it, but it was the truth- there were a lot of beautiful people at this concert. Loud... the crowd really tried to match PJ's energy tonight and almost did... but PJ was the star of the night and showed why we all spend so much time on these boards and buy falla sheep.

They set the bar very high last night. If they have another show like that for Seattle tomorrow... then they truly are rock gods.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    HOLY BINAURAL!!!

Other than a handful of the newer songs, this looks more like a 2000 tour setlist! :thumbup:

One of SEVERAL boots I'll be ordering from this tour for sure.

Yeah, WTF. Did I just count 4 Binaural songs? And Cant keep on top of that?

36 songs. A definitely must-have boot and this definitely is a prelude to 40-song monumental tour-closing.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,546
    toblerusse wrote:
    Givner wrote:
    Portland was awesome. This one was 'awesomer'. Great setlist. Finally saw In Hiding!

Yellow Ledbetter finish was great but the setlist I saw said Indifference. Intrigue! :-)

Seattle has been called out so I expect this show to be topped. Let's hope!!!

It's because that cute little kid on his dad's shoulders (GA center, about 12 rows back) had a sign that said "please play yellow ledbetter"

dammit - cute kids and their signs :P

Ha, the kids' signs? Pretty sure they are the parents' props just like they are using their kids as a prop.
  • Options
    O-WO-W Posts: 53
    What an amazing show! I've felt that Vancouver's shows have been a bit lacking on the past few tours - usually kicking things off for the tour, so not in full swing yet. I was also worried last night wouldn't be as good as some of the most recent shows as they'd be saving it up for Seattle.

But HOLY CRAP they kicked our ass last night. I was about 10 rows of people deep between Jeff and Mike and the crowd was great - shout out to the guy from Seattle (formerly of New York) that drove up for the show and the girl that few in from Hawaii. Great meeting Pearl Jam fans from all over.

Have they had the cameras and screens going all tour?
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Very lucky Vancouver!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    One of best shows ever. Energy. They were en fuego. Ed couldve played safety for the hawks last night.
    Couple questions? It seemed like they changed the arrangement for even flow and it rocked. Did anyone else notice that?
    And the improv before porch. Was it a slow porch like slow lukin from msg 2010? What a show. Telling that perhaps best show of tour had 4 binaural songs. What a masterpiece. See you in seattle!
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    GstewartGstewart Delta BC Posts: 28
    What an unbelievable night, my first.
    Off to Seattle for the finale.
    It's gonna be amazing!
    Porch and Alive we're stellar.
  • Options
    Wow, wow, wow!!! What a fantastic show :D

High points:
    - Mother just about made me cry
    - our new friend who got up to the front with his four empty cups and brought back some of Eddie's wine to share with our whole new little crew in GA
    - the awesome ten clubbers we met in GA! What a great bunch of people to spend an evening with :thumbup:
  • Options
    ... but PJ was the star of the night and showed why we all spend so much time on these boards and buy falla sheep.

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Show was amazing... Binaural and Riot Act are my favorite albums...

More to come. Exhausted!

Ill say the improv was stellar. Stone was having guitar issues, very briefly, and Ed started a improv that was 2-3 min long and had vocals, full band by the end, and actually sounded really great.

Last true improv was Berlin 2012 and I was there for that too!!
  • Options
    High Energy! That's my summation. GA crowd was rocking out, and looking around the place once or twice I saw nothing but standing people singing and fist pumping.
    Matt Cameron is a machine. EV joked during one bit about Matt being nuts cause he actually jogs 5 miles on the same day as the show! He had a short rest in the first set during After Hours and at the start of first encore, but otherwise pedal to the metal. The second encore alone would kill most mortals.
    Band just seems to enjoy themselves so much and it is really infectious. I don't think I've seen a happier crowd, let alone one as loud. Earliest comments after break 1 from EV were something like "we all still go to see bands, and it still amazes us how good you can make us feel".

Great setlist, great crowd, GA, great performance has this one as more enjoyable than Van '09, but I think the boots will drop it down a notch because of the odd f/u, Stones guitar dropping out quite a bit (but Mike sure stepped up) during GSMF and again during YM, and Ed's voice was pretty shot until half way through opening set; Calgary cold/dry air will do that to us seaside folk.
  • Options
    Pic of the setlist. I can tell Gone is crossed off as is Indifference. What are the other two? I can't make them out.

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/408521695675154432/photo/1
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Pic of the setlist. I can tell Gone is crossed off as is Indifference. What are the other two? I can't make them out.

https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/408521695675154432/photo/1

Small town and Of the earth.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    This show......my god. This was an incredible night.

Seeing PJ cover Mother live, when the guitar kicks in, is one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed.

Amazing opening, had never got Can't Keep before.

It's so true, the sentiment in a previous post. How this band can keep doing this stuff to you....its just amazing. I've seen a few shows now, and they truly floor you every time....

This one was one for the books....Possibly, song for song, my favourite setlist I've ever seen played live.

Bring on Seattle!

this plus 1000 :D I could not believe what I was hearing...
  • Options
  • Options
    Absolutely killer show! Ed & The Boys rocked our Canadian heads off. Wicked...
  • Options
    Seeing photos of the poster really doesnt do it justice. It has like a glossy metallic sheen in person, its really stunning.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Also, Mira Sorvino was there.. Saw her after the show.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    I'm at a loss for words. After getting through with the ridiculous sideshow that is the
    line out front my fiancé and I walk down to none other then 3rd row center. This being my 3rd show and
    my fiancées 1st it was already memorable before the first song. After a drunk girl caused a bit of a commotion things just went stratospheric. The two of us being able to have a chance to "have a moment" with Eddie and the guys and then have Ed search out my fiancé and toss her a tambourine. Pure magic. She told me that he looked her in the eyes and pointed to her when she was singing. I know we all think that but I was giving him the best concert sign language possible to tell him it's her first show haha. Either way this was mind altering. Pure magic. These guys are more amazing every show. Oh I may add in quickly they were the icebreaker that led to us getting married next year and even using future days as our wedding song. I'm so happy
    Oh awesome! i was the girl who was in front of/next to you guys who congratulated your fiance on her first show, lol. I was really stoked for her! She was blown away and it was fun to see - I was happy when Ed tossed her the tambourine. :D Aside from that bitch trying to lie her up to the rail, the people in that area were all pretty fantastic. Super into it the whole show and really respectful too. I couldn't believe that I was third from the rail dead centre in front of Ed. My mind is blown. :D

Yes, as everyone else has already said perfectly, that show was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! I had the fucking time of my life!! Loved seeing them all having so much fun up there! Yes, there were a few technical difficulties, and a couple fuck ups, but they were handled with real charm and humour, to the point where it actually added to the show, no joke. And the setlist... :shock: And I got to hear/sing It's Okay!!! :clap: That was one of my dream songs. Mother was stunning, MYM kicked ass, so did Infallible, Breakerfall, God's Dice, Oceans was a perfect opener, Black (anyone else notice Ed say very quietly, almost privately, at the end of Black when we had all been singing, "you guys are cool."? :D )...... ugh, and all the others were great too! My highlights were the whole setlist. :lol: It's cool that everyone is pumped for all the new songs now, and know all the words and everything. And good job Vancouver. What a crowd!! :clap: I'm STILL feeling pretty jacked up, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Highlights... Oceans (completed Ten for me), Breakerfall, Thumbing My Way, Gonna See My Friend, In Hiding, Footsteps

They were on fire. 20th show for me and I have never seen the band have that much fun, smiling and laughing all night. I was also a huge fan of everyone (at least in my section) pre-singing a lot of the tags, to which Ed just went with it and tagged almost everything.

I was about two/three people back, dead center (pretty sure I was around mr_perfect and PJ_Soul) and the Georgia Straight jacked my picture today haha... http://www.straight.com/blogra/544116/c ... gers-arena

Crowd around me was the best, everyone was awesome and respectful and sang their asses off.
    Toronto '96, Barrie '98, Toronto '00, Buffalo '03, Toronto '03, Kitchener '05, Hamilton '05, Toronto '05, Toronto 1 '06, Toronto 2 '06, Seattle 1 '09, Seattle 2 '09, Vancouver '09, Buffalo '10, AV '11, Vancouver '11, London '13, Wrigley '13, Vancouver '13
  • Options
    Furthermore... taking a swig from Eddie's wine bottle was definitely a life mission completed. :D
    Toronto '96, Barrie '98, Toronto '00, Buffalo '03, Toronto '03, Kitchener '05, Hamilton '05, Toronto '05, Toronto 1 '06, Toronto 2 '06, Seattle 1 '09, Seattle 2 '09, Vancouver '09, Buffalo '10, AV '11, Vancouver '11, London '13, Wrigley '13, Vancouver '13
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again