Options

*** Vancouver, BC Fanviews Here 12/4/13 ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,751
    It's been 5 weeks since this show(not that I'm counting)and as a treat I'm listening to the audience boot and it's as good as I remember. Loved this show so much and not just because it was my first ;) hearing the first notes of Breakerfall was truly awesome and that first encore was mind blowing after a face melting first set. :x \m/
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582

It's been 5 weeks since this show(not that I'm counting)and as a treat I'm listening to the audience boot and it's as good as I remember. Loved this show so much and not just because it was my first ;) hearing the first notes of Breakerfall was truly awesome and that first encore was mind blowing after a face melting first set. :x \m/

I'm listening to the boot right now too! So good!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SV2828SV2828 Posts: 66
    Best show ever. I still think about it everyday. Massive setlist. Band on fire. Crowd insane. Been to a lot of shows. Probably the best crowd ive ever seen.

To the posted who mentioned "new friends who shared Ed's wine with us" That was us. Buddy went up with four cups and Ed put an inch in each one. What a stud. I dont know if I had a good time at a show like i did at this one for a long time. And I went to Calgary, Spokane and Portland. Just a great night, with great people all gathered around a fantastic band.

I think all I would say if I met anyone of these guys would be "Thank You".

Pearl Jam is the best band.
    9/22/96 - Toledo, 7/19/98-Vancouver, 7/21/98-Seattle, 11/5/00-Seattle, 12/8/02-Seattle, 5/30/03-Vancouver, 9/2/05-Vancouver, 7/22/06-Gorge,WA, 9/22/09-Seattle, 9/25/09-Vancouver, 9/26/09-Portland(Ridgefield)-Calgary, 9/21/11-Edmonton, 9/23/11-Vancouver, 9/25/11, Portland 11/28/13, Spokane 11/29/13, Calgary 12/2/13, Vancouver 12/4/13, Seattle (Home Shows) 8/8+8/10/18, Fenway (Away Shows), 9/2+9/4/18, (Vancouver 5/4/24), (Vancouver 5/6/24)

EV: Vancouver, 4/2/08 + 4/3/08 - Seattle, 7/16/11, Amsterdam, 6/10/2019
  • Options
    Boot already.

Geez man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    IT'S BOOT DAY TOMORROW IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS HAS COME AGAIN :):) SO STOKED

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

IT'S BOOT DAY TOMORROW IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS HAS COME AGAIN :):) SO STOKED

<:-P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Happy Boot Day it's time to relive the magic :x

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I've only listened up to In Hiding, but am thinking that the crowd noise is, like the others, not anywhere near loud enough. It's almost silly. Eddie makes comments about how the crowd is singing so well, but you can barely fucking hear them singing at all, lol. image I really might end up listening to the audience bootleg instead!
    Oh.... It gets worse. During Daughter, Eddie just stops singing and lets the crowd sing, and you can't hear shit. It sounds stupid. But at least they did turn it up for the It's Okay tag.... which tells me that the crowd COULD sound good for the whole show, but they decided not to do it. :-<
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 788
    I have been listening to this show non-stop for 3 days...brings back great memories of an awesome night!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    Great show... great night.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I'm in agreement with others here that the volume of the crowd kinda sucks. I love hearing the sing-alongs, but they are barely audible. The band was on fire though, and that is clearly heard.

I'm wondering if anyone is having a problem with the FLAC downloads. On two songs, the last 25 seconds or so are repeated. What I mean is, the song ends and begins to fade out (probably where if it were a CD it fades out), and just as it fades out, the last 25ish seconds are played again and the song fades out a second time. I could be my FLAC converter, but Vancouver is the only show this has happened on. I'm probably going to have to go back and convert those songs again, to see if I can fix them. Maybe even download the master FLAC files again.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Just watched the entire concert shot from several camera angles on YouTube. Excellent production. Great show. Now I am wondering why I skipped this one! Oh yeah... Have to make a living lol.
    Great setlist and a great performance. And Seattle "brought it" and then some. :)
    Come on Moline! ;)
  • Options
    MF658872MF658872 Posts: 248
    4 years ago today
    Philly 1 2016                     
    EV New York 2016            
    TOTD Philly 2 2016 
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    MF658872 said:
    4 years ago today
    Yep. I can't believe it!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011