Options

*** Vancouver, BC Fanviews Here 12/4/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    Turcotte98 wrote:

Where do you listen to the boot??

This is one way.

Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I am so glad I got to the Vancouver show! I was only planning to go to Seattle on the second leg, but my kind husband suggested Vancouver too. :D Kudos to Jen for finding me a ticket buddy, and many thanks to Lauren for offering the ticket!! I had a great time being on the floor, right behind the GA section. Everyone there was so into it, and the set list was incredible. I heard one of my favorites for the first time, "Thumbing My Way", and that was truly a highlight. Also, hearing the It's Ok tag on Daughter was something I was hoping to hear one day, and I was thrilled when they played it. As others have said, the band was really enjoying themselves, and the crowd was incredible. A shout out to Andy, who I met in the merch line that afternoon-it was fun talking to you, and I was glad to see you in Seattle too!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    What a freaking awsome show! So glad I chose GA !

Picked up the tickets around 3 pm had to wait a while in line, but no worries. My buddy hit the merch line, while i waited in the ticket line. Worked out perfect, both lines took about the same time to get through. Love being able to grab merch and take it to the hotel so you don't have to worry about it at the show.

Got to the show just after 8 pm walked down to GA got 3rd row right in front of Mike(closest I've been since 93!). The band seemed to be having alot of fun that night lots of laughs and smiles. Loved watching Mike do his thing, so entertaining.

Highlights for me were, Oceans/ Can't keep openers, all the binaural stuff was great. I thought Lightning Bolt was much, much better live then the album version. Just a great set list for all types of fans, lots of sing alongs and killer tags. Did anyone else see Jeff do the chinese guy bow to Mike while wearing the broken lamp on his head? haha classic! I may have jizzed in my pants just alittle when Mike hit the opening note of the Mother solo :o Great encores too, would have loved to hear Indifference and would have too if it wasn't for that meddling kid! haha from now on cute kids are only allowed to request rare shit :lol:

Fantastic is the only way to discribe my whole experience! I was able to escape the everyday bullshit of work, kids and everthing else and just live in the moment of marvel and bliss.

5 Fuckin Stars !
  • Options
    cuyler41 wrote:
    What a freaking awsome show! So glad I chose GA !

Picked up the tickets around 3 pm had to wait a while in line, but no worries. My buddy hit the merch line, while i waited in the ticket line. Worked out perfect, both lines took about the same time to get through. Love being able to grab merch and take it to the hotel so you don't have to worry about it at the show.

Got to the show just after 8 pm walked down to GA got 3rd row right in front of Mike(closest I've been since 93!). The band seemed to be having alot of fun that night lots of laughs and smiles. Loved watching Mike do his thing, so entertaining.

Highlights for me were, Oceans/ Can't keep openers, all the binaural stuff was great. I thought Lightning Bolt was much, much better live then the album version. Just a great set list for all types of fans, lots of sing alongs and killer tags. Did anyone else see Jeff do the chinese guy bow to Mike while wearing the broken lamp on his head? haha classic! I may have jizzed in my pants just alittle when Mike hit the opening note of the Mother solo :o Great encores too, would have loved to hear Indifference and would have too if it wasn't for that meddling kid! haha from now on cute kids are only allowed to request rare shit :lol:

Fantastic is the only way to discribe my whole experience! I was able to escape the everyday bullshit of work, kids and everthing else and just live in the moment of marvel and bliss.

5 Fuckin Stars !

Your experience was similar to mine. I got there late an enjoyed a spectacular view. I loved being in GA without holding on to a poster tube as well!

I saw... and loved... that moment when Jeff did his little bow to Mike with the broken glass head piece he sported for a few seconds. Off the cuff and hilarious! Nice to see that side of the guys- they really did enjoy themselves there was no denying it.

I also commented in that other thread that Indifference would have been a hell of a lot better then Yellow Ledbetter to finish (imagine that to end the freaking already unbelievable set!). Didn't matter though- the show was complete after 18 songs. They owed us nothing after the first half of the show... but proceeded to play another 18 songs.

Unbelievable. Unbelievable!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Painful.

Still euphoric from the show, I keep coming on here to read other people's experiences. They are really slow to come in.

We'll avidly whip off 20 pages as to why Vancouver had the worst GA line... but we can barely muster 7 pages for what should be the most enjoyable thread for all in attendance that night.

What does it say about us when we are more compelled to talk about the little things? Certainly an actual show must provide more inspiration, enthusiasm and energy than a goofy GA line organized by line Nazis that may or may not have worked out for some people.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Taken from another thread (Oddity thread on Porch) ... I am certainly no Backspacer sympathizer, but damn, I gotta give Gonna See My Friend its due ...
    smanchac1 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    And yet, Vancouver got 4 from Binaural ... including Soon Forget .. first time played during a PJ show in 7 years.

Vancouver got the only tour showing of Gonna See My Friend ... and you know what, it really rocked.

GSMF did rock. I never really liked the song but it did rock in Vancouver.

Was just talking about the same thing. That song kicked ASS in Vancouver and sounded tight as ever.

Vancouver was sick man. Such a great show.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    Painful.

Still euphoric from the show, I keep coming on here to read other people's experiences. They are really slow to come in.

We'll avidly whip off 20 pages as to why Vancouver had the worst GA line... but we can barely muster 7 pages for what should be the most enjoyable thread for all in attendance that night.

What does it say about us when we are more compelled to talk about the little things? Certainly an actual show must provide more inspiration, enthusiasm and energy than a goofy GA line organized by line Nazis that may or may not have worked out for some people.
    They're not here, but I've seen great things said about this show all over the boards in various threads, if that makes you feel any better. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Painful.

They're not here, but I've seen great things said about this show all over the boards in various threads, if that makes you feel any better. ;)

Miles better than seattke for me personally.

Vancouver was an amazing show. Right up there with Hartford, Not on the same level with the crowd but the band looked happy to be playing music all night at both of those shows!

And as I was quoted above, GSMF, Gods Dice and Breakerfall all sounded tight as ever! They were kicking ass and taking names at this show!!

:)
  • Options
    Vancouver Recap in my show this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1AOk6x0_RY

Includes pre party footage and show footage.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Am a HUGE fan of Gone. that it was crossed off for Footsteps.... I can get over it! :)
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    Vancouver Recap in my show this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1AOk6x0_RY

Includes pre party footage and show footage.

good post. thanks for posting!
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 788
    Best show of my life! The set list was phenomenal from opening to close. It was an amazing experience in the GA area, met a lot of great people. I cannot wait for the boot!

I am happy that I actually get to display to poster as well :lol:
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 616
    Fantastic show for sure. Can anybody post a link to one of the stage used set lists.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    OK, I've been digesting my PJ Vancouver experience for a week now ... and I am still on a high after PJ Calgary & Vancouver. I catch myself smiling when I am reliving some song or part of the show in my head.

Was in reserved 10C seats, Stone's side for Vancouver ... one of the best memories of this show for me was the crowd energy and the band's energy. Everyone was having a FANTASTIC time, especially those lucky buggers in GA. Really really great to see that and feel that. I was watching Jeff and Stone a lot this show ... each seemed to be having a really good time, lots of smiles. And I continue to be amazed that these 5 guys play with so much energy and give us so bloody much each and every show.

Vancouver was show #8 for me and there were lots of setlist highlights. Loved Oceans as the opener. The main set was really pretty freaking amazing ... started nice and slow and then it was full on!!! The Binaural love was an unexpected treat. Not For You/Modern Girl and Daughter/It's OK!!!! I was hoping for Hard to Imagine and Yellow Moon - got HTI in Calgary (!) and Yellow Moon in Vancouver. YM gave me goosebumps ... at the moment it is my fave of the new album. Footsteps into Mother - there are no words.

I am feeling really lucky and grateful to have had the chance and the means to get to these shows. My only complaint is that I was not in GA with the rest of you lucky ones!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    DJ253147 wrote:
    Fantastic show for sure. Can anybody post a link to one of the stage used set lists.
    Thanks in advance.

Page 4 of this thread.....
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Memories of the night that are still fresh in my mind even after two weeks........Every single moment!!!!

I had 10C reserved on Mikes side and I was BLOWN AWAY by the crowd energy. I've been to many Vancouver shows over the years and this one BY FAR had the best crowd I ever seen at a PJ show.....and this was show #12 for me.

Breakerfall: I just love this song! They were ripping it up!

Mother was the single BEST song I've ever heard performed live and was made even more special when Eddie talked about how him and Jeff went to see Roger Waters perform the Wall live in concert. Pretty cool.

The crowd interaction was seriously incredible! Sing-alongs to nearly ever song PJ played, but yeah Not For You, Sirens, Daughter/It's OK, Jeremy, Black, Betterman and even Soon Forget the crowd participated by whistling and Eddie stretched this part out to hear more whistling from the crowd!

The band looked so happy up there and have never sounded better IMO. Looking forward to the boot.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • Options
    alobar wrote:
    Mother was the single BEST song I've ever heard performed live

im seriously with you on that man, I told my wife basically that exact same sentence about 6 days ago.

seeing Pearl Jam cover that song was just, like, the pinnacle of my concert going for some reason. if you had asked me before hand, I would say yeah that would be cool to see.....but when that guitar kicked in half way through the song, I was astral planing I swear. total transcendence out of body......totally overwhelming.
  • Options
    alobar wrote:
    Mother was the single BEST song I've ever heard performed live

im seriously with you on that man, I told my wife basically that exact same sentence about 6 days ago.

seeing Pearl Jam cover that song was just, like, the pinnacle of my concert going for some reason. if you had asked me before hand, I would say yeah that would be cool to see.....but when that guitar kicked in half way through the song, I was astral planing I swear. total transcendence out of body......totally overwhelming.

The band nailed so many songs that made the show almost custom for me... to the point I wasn't even crossing my fingers for anything else. And then they played this song and played it very well.

I'm seriously not sure if they could ever top this show for me. They raised the bar for themselves to ridiculous heights. Absolutely incredible.

And don't anyone tell me they never pay attention to these boards. One thing that may or may not have mentioned is the fact that any thread making requests on this site almost without fail was respected. I never requested anything, but I noticed several setlists that featured unique tunes played that were requested and supported on this site ('Oceans' in Vancouver as an example).
  • Options
    I noticed several setlists that featured unique tunes played that were requested and supported on this site ('Oceans' in Vancouver as an example).

"Breath not played in Seattle since '92" as another.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    alobar wrote:

I had 10C reserved on Mikes side and I was BLOWN AWAY by the crowd energy. I've been to many Vancouver shows over the years and this one BY FAR had the best crowd I ever seen at a PJ show.....and this was show #12 for me.

I know Vancouver crowds get a bad rap but they can go batshit insane (from time to time).

There's only two musicians I've seen that get GM placing rocking like that. Pearl Jam and Springsteen. The crowd was just as insane at the last Springsteen show.

Even PJ hasn't done too bad. The 05 show (the one after the legendary gorge show) was pretty off the charts. '98 was pretty insane too.... so much so it was one of those rare occasions where they played 1 more after Yellow Ledbetter :)

I think Vancouver loves PJ... the crowds are usually pretty good, and sometimes off the charts.

I'm really glad this one was back at GM Place. The last one was at the coliseum and it reminded me why the built GM place in the first place :) GM place was built with acoustics in mind.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    alobar wrote:

I know Vancouver crowds get a bad rap but they can go batshit insane (from time to time).

There's only two musicians I've seen that get GM placing rocking like that. Pearl Jam and Springsteen. The crowd was just as insane at the last Springsteen show.

Even PJ hasn't done too bad. The 05 show (the one after the legendary gorge show) was pretty off the charts. '98 was pretty insane too.... so much so it was one of those rare occasions where they played 1 more after Yellow Ledbetter :)

I think Vancouver loves PJ... the crowds are usually pretty good, and sometimes off the charts.

I'm really glad this one was back at GM Place. The last one was at the coliseum and it reminded me why the built GM place in the first place :) GM place was built with acoustics in mind.

05 Release opener... and WMA and Blood. Great show.

Still coming down from Vancouver show- what a great night!
  • Options
    ^^^

Dont Forget the 2009 show. THAT was nuts too.

Anybody that was also in Seattle, lots of great stuff in here from the day/night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kGxbjAAvxc
  • Options
    ^^^

Dont Forget the 2009 show. THAT was nuts too.

Anybody that was also in Seattle, lots of great stuff in here from the day/night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kGxbjAAvxc

Great show as well. First encore (2009):
    I Got Id
    Love Reign O'er Me
    Breath
    SOLAT
    Alive

2nd encore was no screaming Hell, but they didn't even need to come back out after this stanza.

As good as 2009 was... this last show was on another level in my mind. Other than a wicked setlist that was almost custom made for me... I can't quite put my finger on why the show was as powerful as it was.

After 3+ hours, finally leaving the stage, I swear the band looked like they wanted to keep playing. Not just Eddie... everyone.
  • Options
    I'm still completely blown away by this show. I truly believe that it can't be topped for me.
    The crowds energy, and the band obviously enjoying every second of it....simply amazing!
  • Options
    Can't wait for the boot.

I keep thinking of the second encore: Go just ripping at us. I was feeling tired and when that began blasting it out of the amps, it was only a fleeting moment where the song registered and I became refreshed again.

I felt like a tired Labrador retriever: where my master had thrown my stick- for the 100th time- out into the lake... tongue out of my mouth... bounding into the water... and thinking to myself 'how could it be any better'?

Great night. Great night.
  • Options
    After 3+ hours, finally leaving the stage, I swear the band looked like they wanted to keep playing. Not just Eddie... everyone.

I noticed the same thing. I've never seen a show go beyond Midnight (not including shows in clubs and bars). It was a night to remember for sure.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    Already knowing what I'm going to find... I keep checking the store for the bootleg.

One of these days... I'm going to look and it will be there.

Can't wait.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    Already knowing what I'm going to find... I keep checking the store for the bootleg.

One of these days... I'm going to look and it will be there.

Can't wait.
    Me too. Really excited to heat what the official boot sounds like! The audience boot has a lot of the folks around the recorder singing very very badly. :lol: I don't buy bootleg CDs (just digital), but this one i will get...... if only they would release boots on vinyl! ... If only Eddie hadn't had so many charming fuck ups, maybe this amazing show could have become a future vault release. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    This was a great setlist to experience. Sometimes a show can feel like a reflection of your innermost thoughts. It's freaky (and thrilling) to feel like your on the same wavelength as the band playing in front of you. Can't Keep, Breakerfall, In Hiding, Setting Forth. Amazing.

Soon Forget was special. Didn't realize until now it was the first time it had been played with the band since 2006.

I liked the improv. I wonder what was on Ed's mind that night. Seemed like Jeff wondered too.

Great night. Here are some pictures.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dqfsu/sets ... 029812873/
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJ212 wrote:
    This was a great setlist to experience. Sometimes a show can feel like a reflection of your innermost thoughts. It's freaky (and thrilling) to feel like your on the same wavelength as the band playing in front of you. Can't Keep, Breakerfall, In Hiding, Setting Forth. Amazing.

Soon Forget was special. Didn't realize until now it was the first time it had been played with the band since 2006.

I liked the improv. I wonder what was on Ed's mind that night. Seemed like Jeff wondered too.

Great night. Here are some pictures.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dqfsu/sets ... 029812873/

Great pictures.

I felt the same as you- I thought the band was playing a setlist customized for me.

Wicked show.