Options

*** Vancouver, BC Fanviews Here 12/4/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    TT98TT98 Posts: 134
    What a show!! Was 3rd row center in pit. Was really happy they changed the seating system for this tour at least. Was at 2 other shows in Vancouver but always got not so great seats due to my 410xxx number, is amazing being up close a lot of energy around us and respectful people around us as well, almost ruined by drunk chick storming in from back but stuck together to get her out. Didn't think that 1st show from 09 would be beat but this one achieved that. Amazing set and played right up to midnight. Cant wait for next one, hopefully not too long. :D
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    If anyone happened to get a picture that you can see my rival sign in, I would love to see it.

I saw it up on the big screen at one point!!

Will have it tonight in Seattle as well :)

114d1b60-909b-48b3-b95e-c0d59ae6fa95_zps6c87edce.jpg
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,594
    PJSEMPRE wrote:
    Pearl Jam’s brilliance does not rest solely in the hands and voice of the great Eddie Vedder. But at the same time there’s no rock and roll front man of this or perhaps any generation with the same ability to blend the illusion of small venue intimacy with the theatrics of arena rock. There’s no trick to it either. He does it with sincerity and passion, forged in the spirit of the underground rock ethos he helped bring into the mainstream and honed over years of bringing it to fans around the world.

Nice! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I was in GA , middle left 8 people back, near the lady from Hawaii and her nice friend , a hammered youngish guy in black and a mysteriously brunette tattoo'd girl in front of me with her blonde counterpart. Eye's tattoo'd on her upper back, keeping an eye on me all night.

Wow, hours after the show, still wow, could not believe we witnessed that. Reading your posts bring it all back to me so thanks for that. In Hiding Ed came down low to the front and seemed to sing to a group of twenty of us. A moment for sure.

At one point I was losing my mind and Ed noticed pointed out to me and began to jump around too... Did this really happen, I am still dumbfounded.

For me Footsteps, Mother, In Hiding, Black, Daughter, Jeremy, untouchable memories... Not For You! It seemed to be, how awesome it all was. So wish I was there in Seattle at this moment as they are on stage yet again.

A big thanks to Ten Club for making the GA, lottery and it all so much more of an experience.

Wow... :shock:
  • Options
    Wow!!!! Been just over 20yrs since my dad and I had been to Pearl Jam. That was the most amazing performance! Still in shock!!!!
  • Options
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options

A well-written review.

I do think that there is a shared admiration between the fans and the band. I do not doubt Ed's sincerity when he gushed about the crowd and that 'feeling' was evident at various points of the show in Mike, Stone, Jeff and Matt's faces as well.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

A well-written review.

I do think that there is a shared admiration between the fans and the band. I do not doubt Ed's sincerity when he gushed about the crowd and that 'feeling' was evident at various points of the show in Mike, Stone, Jeff and Matt's faces as well.

It's well written to a point, but there are typos, "kick UP the jams", and other nit picky points, but yeah, he is getting better.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options

A well-written review.

It's well written to a point, but there are typos, "kick UP the jams", and other nit picky points, but yeah, he is getting better.

I should have clarified what I was getting at: he did a pretty good job summarizing the evening.

The perfectionist in me was bothered by a few grammatical errors such as new comers. And I might have been inclined to speak of some more specific moments throughout the concert, but I've been trying to shave an 'A' or two off of my AAA personality.

From your comment, I think we might have some 'A's in common! :lol:
  • Options
    Vancouver. Such am amazing show.

Had ga tickets (only show this tour, did 6 overall)

The band sounded better than I've ever heard. Crowd was insane. Setlist was insane.

Vancouver was epic and I am so glad I made the trip.

If anyone has a picture where you can see my sign I would love to see it! I saw it on the big screen at one point, and held it up alot during the times when Ed would talk and the crowd would be lit up.

114d1b60-909b-48b3-b95e-c0d59ae6fa95_zps6c87edce.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, did everyone notice how Eddie said something like they didn't know IF they'd be back in Vancouver (not WHEN), and then slipped in maybe they would be?... Seemed slightly odd. It actually made me ... well, completely over think the comment. :lol: Was it suggesting that he or they have no definite plans to continue with the band in the future or what?? I wouldn't consider that if it was in some other random city, but they are so close to vancouver and always make it a stop, so the comment struck me as a little ominous.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KGNKGN Posts: 11
    Seems like I missed a good marathon show :cry:

Mom is terminally ill and I had to travel home to be with her. I had my Ten Club tickets "gifted" from me to someone through the ten club. I hope somebody got to enjoy them, I couldn't stand the thought of them going to waste.

I sure hope I am able to go to another show next time, could use that stress releif ;)
  • Options
    KGN wrote:

Mom is terminally ill and I had to travel home to be with her. I had my Ten Club tickets "gifted" from me to someone through the ten club. I hope somebody got to enjoy them, I couldn't stand the thought of them going to waste.

I sure hope I am able to go to another show next time, could use that stress releif ;)

Shitty to hear about, man.

You obviously did what you had to do though. Hope the holidays go well for you and yours.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 583
    I was at this and Calgary show. In Calgary Ed said something like we will have to come back in the summer, which is in reference to the blizzard that day in Calgary.
    My point is, I wouldn't take literally what Ed said in Vancouver about maybe not being back for awhile. They could be back in the summer for all we know.
  • Options
    KGN wrote:

Shitty to hear about, man.

You obviously did what you had to do though. Hope the holidays go well for you and yours.

Thanks, appreciated. The decision was pretty clear.

Nice videos, I only watched a few. I will watch a bunch more when the pain of missing that show passes ;)
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    KGN wrote:

Sorry to hear this. Sending you good thoughts during this difficult time. (Had similar situation years ago during EV solo tour ... missed show to spend time with my dad.)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    KGN wrote:

Sorry to hear this. Sending you good thoughts during this difficult time. (Had similar situation years ago during EV solo tour ... missed show to spend time with my dad.)

Thanks. Feels good to be a help anyways, even if there is nothing I can really do.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for an EV solo tour. Even just a few dates. I got to see him when he came to Toronto. What a fun night!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    Of all the shows I did on this tour (4 on the East, 9 on the West), this was easily the best of the lot, and probably the best show I've ever been too.

Thank you Pearl Jam! 8-)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I'm still coming down from the show.

My wallpaper of my phone is a picture of the band I took on my phone. Every time I use the phone, the image jumps out at me and I think back to how they blew our minds that night.
  • Options
    I'm still coming down from the show.

My wallpaper of my phone is a picture of the band I took on my phone. Every time I use the phone, the image jumps out at me and I think back to how they blew our minds that night.
    Yeah, i know what you mean - i'm not over it either. :lol:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Best show of the 5 I saw on the West Coast no question.

I really didn't get too much of a thrill from the slow songs in the encore (moreso because I was hoping for Fatal or Other Side and not because the songs played weren't great), but I think the run of Insignificance through Better Man to end the first encore was my favorite part of the show.
  • Options

I really didn't get too much of a thrill from the slow songs in the encore (moreso because I was hoping for Fatal or Other Side and not because the songs played weren't great), but I think the run of Insignificance through Better Man to end the first encore was my favorite part of the show.

Wow!

I really liked this stretch of the show..

Corduroy
    Breakerfall
    MYM
    Why Go
    Gods Dice
    Lightning Bolt
    In Hiding

Such great energy for these songs!

There were a few times like that.. Also these together

Jeremy
    Gonna See My Friend
    Improv
    Porch

And

Insignificance
    Given to Fly
    Got Some
    Better man

The band was really on fire and in great spirits. Look up the improv on YouTube.. You can really see how much they are enjoying themselves that night.

First show of the tour that I've seen actual bouncing in the pit for in hiding, given to fly, corduroy..

All 5 shows this fall have been wonderful!
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:

Wow!

I really liked this stretch of the show..

Corduroy
    Breakerfall
    MYM
    Why Go
    Gods Dice
    Lightning Bolt
    In Hiding

Such great energy for these songs!

There were a few times like that.. Also these together

Jeremy
    Gonna See My Friend
    Improv
    Porch

And

Insignificance
    Given to Fly
    Got Some
    Better man

The band was really on fire and in great spirits. Look up the improv on YouTube.. You can really see how much they are enjoying themselves that night.

First show of the tour that I've seen actual bouncing in the pit for in hiding, given to fly, corduroy..

All 5 shows this fall have been wonderful!
    The Insignificance, Given to Fly, Got Some, Better Man stretch really was phenomenal!! Crowd energy was nuts. Just listening to the boot, and wow. :shock: And you're right, the Corduroy to In Hiding stretch was also incredible. :D Also, Mother was beautiful. Heard it at Wrigley too, and this version was even better than that, which is saying a lot.
  • Options
    TT98TT98 Posts: 134
    All 5 shows this fall have been wonderful![/quote]
    The Insignificance, Given to Fly, Got Some, Better Man stretch really was phenomenal!! Crowd energy was nuts. Just listening to the boot, and wow. :shock: And you're right, the Corduroy to In Hiding stretch was also incredible. :D Also, Mother was beautiful. Heard it at Wrigley too, and this version was even better than that, which is saying a lot.[/quote]

Where do you listen to the boot??