Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,767
    I think I've mentioned it before, but I'll say it again:
    How about adopting Bruce Springsteen's great system for the GA entrance/line so that all the line up bullshit can stop? :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    How about an update on the vinyl? Are they all faulty? Why are they gone in the Shop?
    Maybe it sold out!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    How about adopting Bruce Springsteen's great system for the GA entrance/line so that all the line up bullshit can stop? :)

If they are going to allow GA people to enter the building through multiple entrances at the same time, then I agree with you. If there is one entrance for GA, then I think people who want to try for the rail by lining up should be allowed to do so.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

If they are going to allow GA people to enter the building through multiple entrances at the same time, then I agree with you. If there is one entrance for GA, then I think people who want to try for the rail by lining up should be allowed to do so.
    If there is more than one entrance, Bruce's system wouldn't work (unless they gathered everyone inside and got them into the right order before entering the actual pit). Everyone has to enter in order by wristband. There has to be only one GA entrance. I think Bruce's system is way better. It creates more variety as to who is at the rail, and allows those who CAN'T line up for one reason or another a chance for a good spot on the floor as well. And it gets rid of the people in the line who think they can make up rules and impose them on others when they have no right to do so.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yefa wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

If there is more than one entrance, Bruce's system wouldn't work (unless they gathered everyone inside and got them into the right order before entering the actual pit). Everyone has to enter in order by wristband. There has to be only one GA entrance. I think Bruce's system is way better. It creates more variety as to who is at the rail, and allows those who CAN'T line up for one reason or another a chance for a good spot on the floor as well. And it gets rid of the people in the line who think they can make up rules and impose them on others when they have no right to do so.
    I know there wouldn't be multiple entrances if they did Bruce's system. What I meant was, I'd rather have Bruce's system than a free-for-all where GA people are entering a bunch of doors at the same time.
    I'd suggest we ask the people who waited in line in Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Worcester if the line system worked well or not. Then we'd be making recommendations to 10C based on facts rather than assumptions about how the GA line does or doesn't work.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Patiently waiting for an explanation on this whole vinyl debacle... :corn:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Two Words: Quality Control
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    :corn:

To be fair, they probably have to talk to a bunch of people and decide on a solution first, not only for the 10c members, but also for aaaalllll the retailers. Ugh, what a mess. I'm sorry this happened 10c. I feel for all of those having to mop this up and the band too... must feel like a bit of a bummer, what with the #1 predictions and everything.... I wonder if this will have an impact on overall sales? The listenable record won't be available during the time when all the sales tend to happen. :(
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :corn:

To be fair, they probably have to talk to a bunch of people and decide on a solution first, not only for the 10c members, but also for aaaalllll the retailers. Ugh, what a mess. I'm sorry this happened 10c. I feel for all of those having to mop this up and the band too... must feel like a bit of a bummer, what with the #1 predictions and everything.... I wonder if this will have an impact on overall sales? The listenable record won't be available during the time when all the sales tend to happen. :(

Yeah - I feel for all involved who might not be at fault as well, yet are going to have to help fix it.

As I said "patiently" waiting...hoping we get some sort of "sorry folks - here's what's going on" before the weekend is up. The "here's what we're gonna do to make up for it" can come later.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    hoping we get some sort of "sorry folks - here's what's going on" before the weekend is up. The "here's what we're gonna do to make up for it" can come later.

well said
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    pjradio wrote:
    hoping we get some sort of "sorry folks - here's what's going on" before the weekend is up. The "here's what we're gonna do to make up for it" can come later.

well said

Yup. That would be nice.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,083
    So wait, what's this about the vinyl? I got a shipping confirmation like a week ago. (I'm asking seriously by the way).
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    vant0037 wrote:
    So wait, what's this about the vinyl? I got a shipping confirmation like a week ago. (I'm asking seriously by the way).

They are faulty and apparently are no longer being sold
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:

They are taking forever to get to people via Mail Innovations and many are having problems with the album skipping and sounding terrible. 10c has pulled it from the Shop and it is temporarily out of stock on Amazon.
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Not really sure if it's related or not with the vinyl issue, but John Mayer's latest album won't be out on vinyl till mid November. His cd has been out for a while now but the vinyl just got pushed back.

At the very least, we know that other bands are having issues too.

Maybe PJ needs to team up with another manufacturer. The folks that do Thirdman Records would seem like a good choice.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JB128716 wrote:
    Not really sure if it's related or not with the vinyl issue, but John Mayer's latest album won't be out on vinyl till mid November. His cd has been out for a while now but the vinyl just got pushed back.

At the very least, we know that other bands are having issues too.

Maybe PJ needs to team up with another manufacturer. The folks that do Thirdman Records would seem like a good choice.
    I would be really stoked if PJ or even just someone from PJ hooked up with thirdman records found on something cool.
  • Options
    Yes, yes I know. I'm beating a dead horse . It is probably too late to schedule a show in November for Houston, but can we find out if the band plan on hitting Austin and maybe Houston next year??

That is all
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    New shipping company
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Question, for us UK fans, will the shop be updated with some new merchandise?
    Be good to see some new tshirts, etc.
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    New shipping company
    And new vinyl manufacturer.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,019
    Here's something ..

Please, Pearl Jam. I beg you. Please bring back your LIVE set list relay's over at the official Pearl Jam Twitter page. https://twitter.com/PearlJam . The South American '13 show's that you did WERE AMAZING!!! With live photos & all. Now that there is Vine, it would be amazing to upload small video clips from the show.

Please bring this back for your North American 2013 Tour. I very much enjoyed how it was run on Twitter. Easy to view on my cellphone & at home.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Here's something ..

Please, Pearl Jam. I beg you. Please bring back your LIVE set list relay's over at the official Pearl Jam Twitter page. https://twitter.com/PearlJam . The South American '13 show's that you did WERE AMAZING!!! With live photos & all. Now that there is Vine, it would be amazing to upload small video clips from the show.

Please bring this back for your North American 2013 Tour. I very much enjoyed how it was run on Twitter. Easy to view on my cellphone & at home.

Thanks! :)

Agreed. Between a couple people I follow I can always get the setlists as they go but they shouldn't have to do that and especially the person who is nice enough to relay shouldn't have to do it.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    New shipping company
    And new vinyl manufacturer.

It sounds like they went with not only new, but CHEAPEST vinyl manufacturer. :nono: :x
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    DURP wrote:
    New shipping company
    Definitely, the poor handling of the very late CD's for us who pre-ordered at 10C is really disgraceful IMHO.

When you pre-order from Pearl Jams own shop, the 10C edition of a CD - you get shipping notes on 4th of October - and you wonder why it is so late you simply get the different timings sent to you (which states 10-14 days for Europe) and then silence.

I can't say that I feel very enticed to continue my TENCLUB membership if this is how you treat the fans. I can spend that money on other ways and get much more from it. :(
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    Still no CD. :x

NOT COOL. :nono:

And starting to really not care anymore...15 years for what???
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Is it possible to let the Original Author of a post put in an expiration date?

For example if I have two tickets I'm trying to sell at face value, I can put an expiration date of when the tickets got sold or the day after the show.

This would help clean-up the forum.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    2 separate thoughts...

First:
    I just picked up LB on vinyl at my local record shop yesterday. It was their last 1. I was very happy, and surprised, to see they still had one. I was hesitant do to all of the quality issues but I thought to myself, what the heck, I'll get it anyway. As I was purchasing it we were talking about the record. They mentioned that they only got a handful in and that they heard there were only about 3,000 made. Do we have any idea of the quantity made, shipped, and/or recalled? They also said they went with a new manufacturer that may have been unproven in their quality or handling of the product.

Second:
    Can we get some stickers and even better yet, a poster of the image of this years Halloween shirt? I was a little disappointed that their was absolutely nothing on the back like in previous years but I did like the image on the front. Having watched Tales From the Crypt many years back, it reminded me of that too.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    multiple GA entrances are dangerous, especially if venue security is not up to their task...I read about people almost getting trampled in hartford, there has to be a better solution.
    not sure how the US works, but last year there was someone from the band's security staff supervising 10c GA entry, staggered entrance (first 100 get in, short break, next 100 get in etc) was a good idea too, felt very safe for almost all shows.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i don't love the shipping through mail innovations as it has screwed me for both the vault vinyl and lightning bolt. but just so you all know, i pre-ordered the arcade fire album and while it did ship 2 day priority mail, it also cost $18, which was just less than the actual double vinyl.

SUBTOTAL: $19.98
    TAX: $0.00
    SHIPPING: $18.10
    TOTAL: $38.08

I do think it was worth it though, it will be delivered to me Monday - a day before the release, and preordering through their website gets you ticket presale codes.

i just imagine that if 10C charged that much for shipping, you'd all go ape shit.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    can we get another clock going on the front page that stops when everyone has received their vinyl?
    Hail Hail