I am highly dissapointed with 10c

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Sorry about that.
  • pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    DURP wrote:
    Are people saying that? Don't act so butthurt just because some thought you over reacted.

I'm in a mood tonight I admit it.

I know I will look tomorrow and think "man what an ass"

Between all the pain I am in and stress it's just been a fucktastic day.

Quit being a little beeyotch, Durp. Geez
  • BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    DURP wrote:
    BN8419 wrote:
    Waaa, waaaa, waaaaa

Get over it

Stop paying your fee and go away then. Opens up ticket chances for people who don't bitch

Yeah being upset about a product I ordered in July not being here when it was officially released last week is being a cry baby :roll:

Yes. Good. Glad you understand.
    hsohi wrote:
    BN8419 wrote:
    Waaa, waaaa, waaaaa

Get over it

Stop paying your fee and go away then. Opens up ticket chances for people who don't bitch

Wow, you are a dream customer for a business/corporation.

Down with corporations!! Yeah!!!

I hate corporations, too!!

Yippee!!!
    DURP wrote:
    pjsyco wrote:
    moses562 wrote:
    I have yet to get the CD or vinyl...and I preordered the vinyl on July 11... It is what it is...I bought the album because I really wanted to hold the cd...as dumb as that may seem. So some of it is on me because I could have been patient.

I haven't received my cd or vinyl, either. I also ordered on July 11. I understand the vinyl thing, I guess, but to not receive the cd one week after it has been released is frustrating.

Don't complain to much or you might make people mad. Remember the 10c can do no wrong.

Yeah!!! 10C is the best ever!!! Woo hoooo!!! Awesom-o
    BN8419 wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    BN8419 wrote:
    Waaa, waaaa, waaaaa

Get over it

Yeah being upset about a product I ordered in July not being here when it was officially released last week is being a cry baby :roll:

Yes. Good. Glad you understand.

And the 10C Ass Kisser of the year goes to....
  • nanenane Seattle, WA Posts: 63
    edited October 2013
    Unfourtunately it's not only with the LB shipping that 10C sucks.

Two years ago I won from my best friend for birthday gift the box set of Versus and Vitalogy. BEFORE removing the plastic, I noticed that the vinyls came torn and took photos to show the crew.
    They replied me "Oh, take off the plastic, open it and take more photos to check if inside is damaged".
    I followed the instructions, sent the pictures of inside damaged as I could see as it sealed, maild them about 100 times, plus fowarding the previous e-mails and no answer back ever! ¬¬

The link of the pictures I sent them: http://www.4shared.com/folder/hBwU7Kkh/ ... x_Set.html
    Post edited by nane on
    Nane Barbosa-Meirndorf

2005, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2013, São Paulo (BRA)
    2013, Buenos Aires (ARG)
    2013, Santiago (CHL)
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2015, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA) - EV
  • moses562 wrote:
    I have yet to get the CD or vinyl...and I preordered the vinyl on July 11... It is what it is...I bought the album because I really wanted to hold the cd...as dumb as that may seem. So some of it is on me because I could have been patient.

I do not think that is dumb. I get the PJ20 book out and hold it...its like holding your child kinda feeling for me, anyway.

I wish I had my CD (still in warehouse status) and my other orders right now.

Mail innovations = 10c to post office to UPS back into the hands of the post office. Dont get me on a rant about our federal government and their inability to produce effectively....

I have had to set up a UPS My Choice account (which I pay for yearly) and have my orders delivered to a UPS store because when I order from 10c and mail innovations is used the post office cant find my address so they send it back to 10c.

This is Oct. 2013, and I am waiting an order from Feb. 2013....you think your waiting?

This makes no sense, because the post office finds my house just fine for everything else Monday -Saturday, but if it comes from 10c, well they must either hate PJ or hate me because they cant find me for those packages only.

And the stickers should have accompanied some kind of 10c member treasure, if I can buy at a store then its same ol same ole

I love my band and I will support them
    Nelluc and Kcalb
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    pjsyco wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    Are people saying that? Don't act so butthurt just because some thought you over reacted.

I'm in a mood tonight I admit it.

I know I will look tomorrow and think "man what an ass"

Between all the pain I am in and stress it's just been a fucktastic day.

Quit being a little beeyotch, Durp. Geez

Will you spank me later if I don't?
    My butt itches!
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Sorry about that.

Nah no worries. I know I'm in a grumpy mood tonight. It happens.
    My butt itches!
  • JESUS FUCKING CHRIST PEOPLE. I fucking get it. We're all mad. Here's the the way I see it though and I welcome the retorts but everyone is starting to sound really dramatic and whiny about this. Yes, it's fucked up. I ordered mine in July as well and as far as I know the tracking info says it was in auburn WA on October 15 and that's all I got. Bummer. But let's let up on the people (human fucking beings) who work (and some probably volunteer) with10c. Put yourself in their shoes. They have to be EXTREMELY FUCKING BUSY right now with the start of the tour, the release of the album etc... I'm CERTAIN that as HUGE fans of this band they are probably pissed about the situation just as you and I are. And they probably don't even know what's happened that's caused the whole problem so what can they possibly say? (Some of you out there seem to know and have all the answers maybe you should start writing the apologies). I'm sure when things settle and all the pertinent info is in justice will be done by the band and its club.

Plus. It's just a fucking record. At least none of us have to listen to it wearing a gas mask or in a bunker. Dicks.
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i am only concerned with quality. it will come when it will come. got my vault 3 . late but i don't care. album late but again don't care. better things to get upset about. i know you are all right but bigger fish to fry. sorry if that is upsetting to you all. very happy with seats to the 2 shows i went to. that to me is much more important. life goes on, vinyl will come. next time if you are unhappy just find a different route. i will still order the same way. to me its way more exciting when it shows up randomly. this is not life or death. give these people a break. they have always been more than fair.
  • musicsam3musicsam3 Posts: 233
    edited October 2013
    Mr DURP,

100% correct.
    I am as positive and optimistic as it gets.
    This is some serious fuck ass bullshit happening here.
    Sorry but no better words to describe such a shitty run business that actually still exists.
    I have been opening businesses for years and none of them would still exist if run in this manner.
    Waaaay overcharging people for shipping. Explain to me why I can send albums to friends and pay
    $4 but to come from an entity that ships 5000% more product, we get charged $8.
    Why would you put this stupid clock up for how long...
    only to not even provide product or support when it reaches zero and you get fucked!
    The only model I ever saw like this was the one where the people raking in the dough sat
    back and laughed at the suckers that dropped their hard earned money. It is literally the only scenario
    I can see here. Business is business, and I get that, but this is a group of humans that are doing this because
    they LOVE this band and what they do and what they stand for. This is just sad. Truly. I just cannot see the members of this band approving of this kind of treatment. Can anyone here?
    I see a lot of efforts on a lot of members posts trying to keep this positive. I get that too.
    But at the end of the day, I love this band because they always stand for something "better" than the status quo.
    I don't believe this is due to "high" expectations either, you wouldn't put up with this from a restaurant
    or hotel or heaven forbid a music store. Why would anyone as a member of a "fan club" who pay to be treated a bit
    better than the norm not complain about this fiasco.
    Fuck you ten club on this one.
    Get your shit together.

Love,

Typical Sucker
    Post edited by musicsam3 on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Good and well justified rant, durp!

Someday when I'm older and grayer than I am now, a package is going to arrive in the mail and I'm going to open it and I'm going to say, "What the...?" and then exclaim, "Well, looky here, LIGHTNING BOLT!" But at this point I'm not about to guess what I will say when the record starts to spin and the needle goes gently down.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Chuckhaint wrote:

" At least none of us have to listen to it wearing a gas mask or in a bunker. Dicks."

DURP has already done that...dick.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST PEOPLE. I fucking get it. We're all mad. Here's the the way I see it though and I welcome the retorts but everyone is starting to sound really dramatic and whiny about this. Yes, it's fucked up. I ordered mine in July as well and as far as I know the tracking info says it was in auburn WA on October 15 and that's all I got. Bummer. But let's let up on the people (human fucking beings) who work (and some probably volunteer) with10c. Put yourself in their shoes. They have to be EXTREMELY FUCKING BUSY right now with the start of the tour, the release of the album etc... I'm CERTAIN that as HUGE fans of this band they are probably pissed about the situation just as you and I are. And they probably don't even know what's happened that's caused the whole problem so what can they possibly say? (Some of you out there seem to know and have all the answers maybe you should start writing the apologies). I'm sure when things settle and all the pertinent info is in justice will be done by the band and its club.

Plus. It's just a fucking record. At least none of us have to listen to it wearing a gas mask or in a bunker. Dicks.

Okay, I get that this may not be a big issue in comparison to the problems of the world, but this is not a World Vision Forum, this is a Pearl Jam forum and if something is not right, people can take issue with it.

I also Pre-ordered both the Vinyl and CD on the first day and being in Australia, knew I would not see them on the day of release. Neither of mine have even been shipped according to the order tracker. I haven't sent an E-mail as I figured I would not get a response from previous experience

Now for your point about the people working and packing these shipments, as a person who works in this area, any company (and 10C are that) should expect questions and critisism if the product people have PAID for is not up to scratch or shipped in a untimely matter. Surely they should have a system that processes orders in the sequence that they were placed. And people don't want info once everything settles down, they want answers when they ask a question. If this is a busy period and Blind Freddy could see that it would be, put more staff on for a few weeks if you know that you will be inundated with orders and questions.

At the end of the day, when people spend their money , they expect some level of customer service. Not a Red Carpet rolled out, but at least some communication on the issues and a reply to questions.

Putting my Gas Mask on now
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    No Coder wrote:
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST PEOPLE. I fucking get it. We're all mad. Here's the the way I see it though and I welcome the retorts but everyone is starting to sound really dramatic and whiny about this. Yes, it's fucked up. I ordered mine in July as well and as far as I know the tracking info says it was in auburn WA on October 15 and that's all I got. Bummer. But let's let up on the people (human fucking beings) who work (and some probably volunteer) with10c. Put yourself in their shoes. They have to be EXTREMELY FUCKING BUSY right now with the start of the tour, the release of the album etc... I'm CERTAIN that as HUGE fans of this band they are probably pissed about the situation just as you and I are. And they probably don't even know what's happened that's caused the whole problem so what can they possibly say? (Some of you out there seem to know and have all the answers maybe you should start writing the apologies). I'm sure when things settle and all the pertinent info is in justice will be done by the band and its club.

Okay, I get that this may not be a big issue in comparison to the problems of the world, but this is not a World Vision Forum, this is a Pearl Jam forum and if something is not right, people can take issue with it.

I also Pre-ordered both the Vinyl and CD on the first day and being in Australia, knew I would not see them on the day of release. Neither of mine have even been shipped according to the order tracker. I haven't sent an E-mail as I figured I would not get a response from previous experience

Now for your point about the people working and packing these shipments, as a person who works in this area, any company (and 10C are that) should expect questions and critisism if the product people have PAID for is not up to scratch or shipped in a untimely matter. Surely they should have a system that processes orders in the sequence that they were placed. And people don't want info once everything settles down, they want answers when they ask a question. If this is a busy period and Blind Freddy could see that it would be, put more staff on for a few weeks if you know that you will be inundated with orders and questions.

At the end of the day, when people spend their money , they expect some level of customer service. Not a Red Carpet rolled out, but at least some communication on the issues and a reply to questions.

This. A thousand times over. I get so tired of hearing people who excuse poor service, mistakes, and neglect on the basis of "well, it could be worse." All we're asking is for the fan club - which we, the members, pay a premium for - to at least have a little bit of integrity. Just because it isn't a life or death situation doesn't automatically dismiss that people can be pissed about poor service. I expect better from the Ten Club. Just because Chuckhaint thinks it's okay, doesn't mean it's okay for everyone. When I pay a premium for a service, I expect that service to provide me with the premium I paid for.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    No Coder wrote:
    Chuckhaint wrote:

This. A thousand times over. I get so tired of hearing people who excuse poor service, mistakes, and neglect on the basis of "well, it could be worse." All we're asking is for the fan club - which we, the members, pay a premium for - to at least have a little bit of integrity. Just because it isn't a life or death situation doesn't automatically dismiss that people can be pissed about poor service. I expect better from the Ten Club. Just because Chuckhaint thinks it's okay, doesn't mean it's okay for everyone. When I pay a premium for a service, I expect that service to provide me with the premium I paid for.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • stevo71stevo71 Posts: 13
    I'm in Perth and am yet to receive my copy of the CD and to rub salt in the wounds it was available in the shops here the Friday prior to it being released in America. This means I could have had the album nearly 2 weeks ago but alas I chose to pre-order from 10C when they announced it.
    The people who defend 10C so vigorously just don't get it, how can the record stores here have it before a paying member who pre-ordered it, that just doesn't make sense to me and shows poor planning on 10C's behalf.
    Don't get me wrong this wouldn't be so bad if it was a one time thing but I have had delays on nearly every order I have placed with the club the worst being the PJ20 deluxe bluray which I had given up hope on seeing until it finally arrived over a month late. Also I belong to other bands fan clubs and have never had any issues like this with any of them particularly Metclub who have the best delivery times out of all of them. So if they can do it with probably an even bigger fanbase than PJ just what is 10C's excuse? I guess we'll never know as they don't bother replying to e-mails or offer any explanation to us paying members.
  • smanchac1 wrote:
    The system is fucked but the communication is far worse. All we are asking is for some acknowledgement. We bring the problems to you and hand deliver them and STILL, no reason for the high shipping, no reason for the lb vinyl issues, no reason the items were pulled, nothing!

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Nothing new here. I was once warned/banned from the board for a time-out after I compared 10C's communication skills to that of the speech-writers for George W. Bush. Tim, or whoever runs 10C, seriously needs to take a class in public relations.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • pjsyco wrote:
    Chuckhaint wrote:

" At least none of us have to listen to it wearing a gas mask or in a bunker. Dicks."

DURP has already done that...dick.

Maybe I have too. Jumpers hit it.

Get me here. I'm mad too. And I hope 10c makes it right. But, it's early and I'm going to give them time before I start with the fiery visceral ranting and raving and threatening to leave like a teenage couple. As a consumer you have the right to complain. I agree with the complaints. They are valid. I just think the rhetoric is getting a little dramatic and annoying. Just trying to add a little perspective and remind everyone that there is always a flip side to every story and we haven't heard 10c's yet. And yes... That's a problem in and of itself but once again I think it's early and Im willing to give more time to see how they play it out. I have faith that the guy/gal working for PJ 10C is as big a fan as I am and understands what we as fans are going through. They can't be sitting back and laughing about it can they? Someone if not everyone is probably shitting their pants about how to make it right.

And the dick remark. Said with sarcasm which doesn't shine through on the Internet. So, sorry to offend. Didn't mean to.

Chuckhaint
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    No Coder wrote:
    Chuckhaint wrote:

Exactly.

At the end of the day 10c is a business.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • just buy from amaZon. pick free shipping.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Mine has been sitting in Buffalo for 4 days. How innovative
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    So this thing was pressed at United Record Pressing in Nashville. They are notorious for poor quality control unless your name is Jack White. So that explains why some pressings are terrible.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    It would be nice to see a response from the Ten Club. Something. Anything.

I've sent 2 emails, and haven't heard anything so far.
  • Let's face it people, if the Ten Club were just a regular business that didn't rely on the unbelievable music that this band has produced in the last 23 years, it would have been bankrupt more than a decade ago. The communication, customer service, technical issues (understatement to say the least), and overall apathy towards its customers are recipes for disaster in a "normal" business. But they can get away with it because they are, in essence, a monopoly when it comes to the band. If many of us had the ability to start a competing fan club that had the same support and access from the band, I really believe we could run circles around what goes on around here.

But the reality is that we're stuck with Tim & Co. because that's what the band obviously wants. Many of us are in other fan clubs that don't experience most of these issues....particularly on the technology side of things. But the band is obviously loyal, perhaps to a fault, to the guys running the show. So it is what it is. All we can do is voice our concerns and hope things get better year after year.
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    DSTURNERJR wrote:
    Let's face it people, if the Ten Club were just a regular business that didn't rely on the unbelievable music that this band has produced in the last 23 years, it would have been bankrupt more than a decade ago. The communication, customer service, technical issues (understatement to say the least), and overall apathy towards its customers are recipes for disaster in a "normal" business. But they can get away with it because they are, in essence, a monopoly when it comes to the band. If many of us had the ability to start a competing fan club that had the same support and access from the band, I really believe we could run circles around what goes on around here.

But the reality is that we're stuck with Tim & Co. because that's what the band obviously wants. Many of us are in other fan clubs that don't experience most of these issues....particularly on the technology side of things. But the band is obviously loyal, perhaps to a fault, to the guys running the show. So it is what it is. All we can do is voice our concerns and hope things get better year after year.

I totally agree....Really,comes down to the fan club tickets.....If the 10c didn't offer fan club ticket....There wouldn't be hardly any fan club members........From now on..I am going to purchase everything pearl jam related from amazon.com...Not saying I won't purchase from the 10c....It will be have to an item that amazon.com doesn't have etc...
    DSTURNERJR wrote:
    Let's face it people, if the Ten Club were just a regular business that didn't rely on the unbelievable music that this band has produced in the last 23 years, it would have been bankrupt more than a decade ago. The communication, customer service, technical issues (understatement to say the least), and overall apathy towards its customers are recipes for disaster in a "normal" business. But they can get away with it because they are, in essence, a monopoly when it comes to the band. If many of us had the ability to start a competing fan club that had the same support and access from the band, I really believe we could run circles around what goes on around here.

I totally agree....Really,comes down to the fan club tickets.....If the 10c didn't offer fan club ticket....There wouldn't be hardly any fan club members........From now on..I am going to purchase everything pearl jam related from

amazon.com...Not saying I won't purchase from the 10c....It will be have to an item that amazon.com doesn't have etc...

And with Amazon Prime FREE two day shipping :D
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    DSTURNERJR wrote:

I totally agree....Really,comes down to the fan club tickets.....If the 10c didn't offer fan club ticket....There wouldn't be hardly any fan club members........From now on..I am going to purchase everything pearl jam related from

amazon.com...Not saying I won't purchase from the 10c....It will be have to an item that amazon.com doesn't have etc...

And with Amazon Prime FREE two day shipping :D
This discussion has been closed.