Options

I am highly dissapointed with 10c

124»

Comments

• Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Okay I get what some of you are saying. How it's not the end of the world and things could be worse. I get it and I know it. I have had days that would make most of you shit your pants.

But this isn't about what's going on in the world, this is about a record that I pre order from a club that I pays dues to yearly. Like I stated earlier a simple acknowledge from the 10c would be nice. I'm not asking for a HJ from the band or anything just some communication from the powers that be at 10c.

Is this the biggest issue in my life? Absolutely not it's not even top 10. I deal with P.T.S.D I walk with a freakin cane, I have depression, nerve damage, 10 pins in my spine and am facing yet anther freaking surgery. Maybe it's the military in me but when I am told all items will ship so you have it on the release day I expect it. If you say something I expect it done. Especially from a club that I pay dues to be a part of.

Fact is lack of communication is what really set me off and had me write one of my first rants on here. I normally just roll with it but this is not cool.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    DURP wrote:
    Non smooth edges is an issue? That 10c needs to address?

It's about Quality.

For a band that loves vinyl and makes songs about it. You expect a great product. From what I have read people are saying that there are chunks of wax on the edges. Paying a total of 33 dollars you expect a flawless product. Not something that was just thrown together at the last minute.

Scratches in the vinyl is unacceptable. It shows a lack of QC on the pressers end.
    Some people just have very low standards. They are okay with paying money for unacceptable quality.... they are the people who keep businesses that continually provide bad service and poor quality products afloat! :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Okay I get what some of you are saying. How it's not the end of the world and things could be worse. I get it and I know it. I have had days that would make most of you shit your pants.

But this isn't about what's going on in the world, this is about a record that I pre order from a club that I pays dues to yearly. Like I stated earlier a simple acknowledge from the 10c would be nice. I'm not asking for a HJ from the band or anything just some communication from the powers that be at 10c.

Is this the biggest issue in my life? Absolutely not it's not even top 10. I deal with P.T.S.D I walk with a freakin cane, I have depression, nerve damage, 10 pins in my spine and am facing yet anther freaking surgery. Maybe it's the military in me but when I am told all items will ship so you have it on the release day I expect it. If you say something I expect it done. Especially from a club that I pay dues to be a part of.

Fact is lack of communication is what really set me off and had me write one of my first rants on here. I normally just roll with it but this is not cool.
    And some people think that others are capable of only having one thought or concern or emotion in their brain at one time. :lol: You're pissed about 10C sending out shit?? Well I guess that means you're neglecting your family or have no other problems in your life at all! :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST PEOPLE. I fucking get it. We're all mad. Here's the the way I see it though and I welcome the retorts but everyone is starting to sound really dramatic and whiny about this. Yes, it's fucked up. I ordered mine in July as well and as far as I know the tracking info says it was in auburn WA on October 15 and that's all I got. Bummer. But let's let up on the people (human fucking beings) who work (and some probably volunteer) with10c. Put yourself in their shoes. They have to be EXTREMELY FUCKING BUSY right now with the start of the tour, the release of the album etc... I'm CERTAIN that as HUGE fans of this band they are probably pissed about the situation just as you and I are. And they probably don't even know what's happened that's caused the whole problem so what can they possibly say? (Some of you out there seem to know and have all the answers maybe you should start writing the apologies). I'm sure when things settle and all the pertinent info is in justice will be done by the band and its club.

Plus. It's just a fucking record. At least none of us have to listen to it wearing a gas mask or in a bunker. Dicks.

Interesting way of looking at things.

My business will be much busier from the end of Nov through the end of Dec. Because of this I will be taking on extra staff. And to ensure my staff know what is happening I speak to them and let them know.

Pretty simple really and I work for a tiny charity not a multi million pound business.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    Non smooth edges is an issue? That 10c needs to address?

It's about Quality.

For a band that loves vinyl and makes songs about it. You expect a great product. From what I have read people are saying that there are chunks of wax on the edges. Paying a total of 33 dollars you expect a flawless product. Not something that was just thrown together at the last minute.

Scratches in the vinyl is unacceptable. It shows a lack of QC on the pressers end.
    Some people just have very low standards. They are okay with paying money for unacceptable quality.... they are the people who keep businesses that continually provide bad service and poor quality products afloat! :fp:

Totally agree. It's the same reason most eBay seller have 99.9% positive feedback rating yet half of them don't even know how to properly package a record or a book or whatever for shipping. Who gives out these bogus ratings? Are they afraid they might hurt somebodies feelings? :fp:

Standards are low and increasingly falling. The poor LB vinyl quality is a classic example but I would not have expected it here. Very disappointing.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    I wonder what the 10c 'defenders' would be saying had they ordered from Amazon,for instance,and two weeks later no cd/vinyl and no apology/explanation? I imagine there would be a very angry thread,quite rightly,pointing out lack of professionalism,poor communication and poor customer service.

Why does 10c not have to operate to the same level of professionalism?

It's easy to show your face when it's easy,when things are going well. In my opinion it takes courage,commitment and respect to show up when things aren't going well,to be accountable.

I really can't remember a time when 10c have stood up and been accountable and that sends a message to me that they don't really care.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    brianlux wrote:
    Totally agree. It's the same reason most eBay seller have 99.9% positive feedback rating yet half of them don't even know how to properly package a record or a book or whatever for shipping. Who gives out these bogus ratings? Are they afraid they might hurt somebodies feelings? :fp:

Standards are low and increasingly falling. The poor LB vinyl quality is a classic example but I would not have expected it here. Very disappointing.

Got mine today and I must say the quality of the vinyl itself is not very good. Side A has a lot of pop's on it. Also there is some substance that I can see on the record. Not sure what it is maybe it happened during the wax process but not what I expect.

I don't care about not getting a postcard or a colored vinyl. Of course a postcard would have been better then anther sheet of stickers. Before you ask no I will not get rid of them I will just keep them with the vinyl. What I care about is the lack of quality. I have records from the 60's that sound better than this record.

Also one thing on the whole UPS mail innovations being greener. That's BS my record sat in Ohio for two days before it was shipped off to PA only to be sent back to OH. How is that greener?

I do not know what company pressed this but it's obvious their QC department sucks.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    DURP wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Got mine today and I must say the quality of the vinyl itself is not very good. Side A has a lot of pop's on it. Also there is some substance that I can see on the record. Not sure what it is maybe it happened during the wax process but not what I expect.

I don't care about not getting a postcard or a colored vinyl. Of course a postcard would have been better then anther sheet of stickers. Before you ask no I will not get rid of them I will just keep them with the vinyl. What I care about is the lack of quality. I have records from the 60's that sound better than this record.

Also one thing on the whole UPS mail innovations being greener. That's BS my record sat in Ohio for two days before it was shipped off to PA only to be sent back to OH. How is that greener?

I do not know what company pressed this but it's obvious their QC department sucks.

I was wondering about that "greener shipping thing myself. How is mailing stuff all over the place conserving energy?

Yeah, my 60's LPs all sound good to great still. No excuse for poor vinyl quality with today's technology.

At this point I really wish I hadn't ordered the vinyl. I'd have waited to bid on one of these low quality vinyl records that are going to sell on eBay for $5.95 or whatever and just listened to the songs that are playable or put up with the pops and crackles and figure I at least got my moneys worth.

10C, buck up and issue a recall!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    I ordered the CD (and have not yet received it), and then I ordered the LB lp (also not received yet).
    I am sure part of this is because I'm Canadian... However, this still sucks.
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    So, after my bitching and moaning yesterday, I come home today to see a nice vinyl-record sized envelope on my porch. Lo and behold, it's finally here! But...

IT F**KING SKIPS 5 TIMES IN THE MIDDLE OF SIRENS. There is a nice fingernail sized gash right in the middle of the track.

10C just got a nasty email. 10C will continue to get nasty emails on a daily basis until this is resolved.

Funny how I went from feeling like I ate crow to being even more pissed than I was to begin with.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    So, after my bitching and moaning yesterday, I come home today to see a nice vinyl-record sized envelope on my porch. Lo and behold, it's finally here! But...

IT F**KING SKIPS 5 TIMES IN THE MIDDLE OF SIRENS. There is a nice fingernail sized gash right in the middle of the track.

10C just got a nasty email. 10C will continue to get nasty emails on a daily basis until this is resolved.

Funny how I went from feeling like I ate crow to being even more pissed than I was to begin with.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
    I bet just one email is enough though. ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    ok,first is good they know the problem with vinyl,as Santos post,lets see what they will figure out,for me seems the records need to be replaced

now,shipping...

they know they will receive the record at 5-10 october..for the company made them
    whats the reason they release the record at 15 october..??
    why??

we all can understand that at USA not all will get it on time same the rest of the planet,at uk in 3 weeks,greece 4,australia 5 etc,..
    why they dont release it 15 november??so all will get it..
    what they afraid?the digital leaks?
    we all preorder it,and we all freak out to get the 4 leaked songs,we all listen the itunes streaming,we all search for link to the stream,etc
    ok,maybe some waitibg to listen the vinyl..but they preorder it too..
    so,why the rush,to put release date of the album 3-4-5 days after u receive the product of the manufactor?
    i dont understand..as that sweet person said in the interview..its been 4-5 years since the last record
    wtf?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I may as well put in my two cents:

I did get my vinyl copy of Lightning Bolt several days ago, so I was satisfied with the shipping time. However it was bent pretty badly, the record unfortunately was bent as well, though not to the point of causing damage. It probably plays fine (I havent tried it yet) but yeah it isn't flat it got messed up in shipping. I wasn't going to say much about it because that may have been the fault of the post office more than anything to do with the 10C. However I have seen enough complaints about the shipping service that I thought I may as well throw in my 2 cents, and yeah my copy came not looking real great. I ordered a hoodie about a week and a half ago, we'll see how long that takes to get here. I imagine the band wouldnt be real happy about the quality of the shipping service from all the complaints Ive read. I guess just keep posting your stories and keep complaining until it gets someone's attention...
  • Options
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=221970

We have received a number of quality-related inquiries from customers purchasing the Lightning Bolt vinyl from the Ten Club and other retail outlets.
    We are currently in communication with the vinyl manufacturer about these issues, and are assessing the situation thoroughly so that we can create a plan for solving this matter promptly.
    Thanks for your patience.

10c
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=221970

We have received a number of quality-related inquiries from customers purchasing the Lightning Bolt vinyl from the Ten Club and other retail outlets.
    We are currently in communication with the vinyl manufacturer about these issues, and are assessing the situation thoroughly so that we can create a plan for solving this matter promptly.

10c

Thanks for the acknowledgement!!!

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    oysterjar wrote:

10c

Thanks for the acknowledgement!!!
    +1
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    I got mine today finally. It skips.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,945

10c
This discussion has been closed.