Options

I am highly dissapointed with 10c

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    What did you think it would be? I figured it would be some additional artwork or something. I think a live video was the best we were going to hope for. Certainly didn't expect an unreleased song.
    I expected anything BUT a video for a song that already has a video. I think that bonus sucked.

I guess I am wondering what people thought it would be that they would have liked and not felt "duped".
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    What did you think it would be? I figured it would be some additional artwork or something. I think a live video was the best we were going to hope for. Certainly didn't expect an unreleased song.
    I expected anything BUT a video for a song that already has a video. I think that bonus sucked.

I guess I am wondering what people thought it would be that they would have liked and not felt "duped".
    A demo or a B-side or a live cut or something - ANYTHING - new. It's not like an extra song is unheard of. They do it all the time for the Japan releases, for example. Extra tracks or even hidden tracks are pretty common place.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I was hoping for something along the lines of additional interviews...maybe some in-studio "making of" footage. Something that truly felt "extra", ya know? We basically got a rough edit of an already released video...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I've about had it with 10C. And I'm a pretty darn patient person. The ONLY really useful tool you get for joining is the ability to use the forum and talk to other awesome fans. Other than that, there's not much point. You can buy the "holiday" single and the member pack in the store each year now. (And I swear to god, send me another stupid fucking sticker pack this year and it will definitely be my last!) Pre-sales and ticket lottery are a damn joke, and they get worse by the year.

My tracking # for the vinyl has not updated since 10/15 (Auburn, WA). Projected delivery date is today, and well, it ain't fuckin here. I WILL BE WRITING AN EMAIL TO 10C and requesting a refund on the shipping cost. I could've driven to Seattle from Maryland and been back by now. This is ridiculous.

You guys really need to step it up. DMB, NIN, Coldplay all run faaaaaaaaaar superior fan clubs.

And while I'm at it...enough with the 180gm vinyl. It's a bunch of marketing bullshit and a pain in the ass for the consumer having to change sides/records every 3 god damn songs.

Oh, and print enough damn posters so that everyone in the stadium can buy 2 if they want. Supply goes up, demand goes down, and you'll see a lot less flipping going on. Is it that hard to understand? I mean, I would think 10C and the band would want to make the money instead of third party flippers.

/end rant

:evil:
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    Waaa, waaaa, waaaaa

Get over it

Stop paying your fee and go away then. Opens up ticket chances for people who don't bitch
  • Options
    I've about had it with 10C. And I'm a pretty darn patient person. The ONLY really useful tool you get for joining is the ability to use the forum and talk to other awesome fans. Other than that, there's not much point. You can buy the "holiday" single and the member pack in the store each year now. (And I swear to god, send me another stupid fucking sticker pack this year and it will definitely be my last!) Pre-sales and ticket lottery are a damn joke, and they get worse by the year.

My tracking # for the vinyl has not updated since 10/15 (Auburn, WA). Projected delivery date is today, and well, it ain't fuckin here. I WILL BE WRITING AN EMAIL TO 10C and requesting a refund on the shipping cost. I could've driven to Seattle from Maryland and been back by now. This is ridiculous.

You guys really need to step it up. DMB, NIN, Coldplay all run faaaaaaaaaar superior fan clubs.

And while I'm at it...enough with the 180gm vinyl. It's a bunch of marketing bullshit and a pain in the ass for the consumer having to change sides/records every 3 god damn songs.

Oh, and print enough damn posters so that everyone in the stadium can buy 2 if they want. Supply goes up, demand goes down, and you'll see a lot less flipping going on. Is it that hard to understand? I mean, I would think 10C and the band would want to make the money instead of third party flippers.

/end rant

:evil:
    LB is actually on one LP... 180g still... so it doesn't sound so good, but we don't have to flip the record every 3 songs! :D (I get the complaint generally though.... I hate all this double-LP bullshit for regular length records).

I still love 10C, and they do a lot of things right (I mean, come on, the lead up to the LB release was spectacular!) .... I am just appalled by the whole LB vinyl debacle, and am always disappointed with the lack of communication - nothing new there.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Ordered mine July 12. Got the CD before the release date, which was cool. But have not received any vinyl. Nothing. No email. Nothing. Order history still says warehouse. .????
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    BN8419 wrote:
    Waaa, waaaa, waaaaa

Get over it

Stop paying your fee and go away then. Opens up ticket chances for people who don't bitch

Yeah being upset about a product I ordered in July not being here when it was officially released last week is being a cry baby :roll:
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    PP193448 wrote:
    Ordered mine July 12. Got the CD before the release date, which was cool. But have not received any vinyl. Nothing. No email. Nothing. Order history still says warehouse. .????

Ouch still in the warehouse. Mine at least made it to Ohio.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    PP193448 wrote:

I wish mine was in the warehouse still. That would mean they're not sending me a shitty, wrecked record, but instead waiting until they have good albums to send out.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    LB is actually on one LP... 180g still... so it doesn't sound so good, but we don't have to flip the record every 3 songs! :D (I get the complaint generally though.... I hate all this double-LP bullshit for regular length records).

I still love 10C, and they do a lot of things right (I mean, come on, the lead up to the LB release was spectacular!) .... I am just appalled by the whole LB vinyl debacle, and am always disappointed with the lack of communication - nothing new there.

One disc is definitely music to my ears! And yeah, I am generally pleased but I was pretty angry I came home to no vinyl yet. Thus I just let out all my frustrations at once, lol. I think that's honestly the first time I've ever executed a real complaint rant here.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    BN8419 wrote:
    Waaa, waaaa, waaaaa

Get over it

Wow, you are a dream customer for a business/corporation.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    PP193448 wrote:

I wish mine was in the warehouse still. That would mean they're not sending me a shitty, wrecked record, but instead waiting until they have good albums to send out.

Good point.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Got my defective copy today... Hopefully they take a pointer from My Morning Jacket... Once they found out their limited edition green version of Circuital was warped they sent out new copies of the vinyl to every customer who bought it. They didn't send new packaging just the vinyl, and that would work for me. Uncle Neil would be very disappointed in this release... :nono:
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,970
    DURP wrote:
    Normally I just roll with the punches around here lotto system for tickets, higher shipping rates, missing out on stuff because I don't come here everyday and so on. But this Lightning Bolt fiasco is inexcusable in my opinion.

I have yet to receive my copy of LB and I am annoyed by it. I pre ordered this record the first day you could way back in July. I thought I would have received my copy by now. Somehow my cousin who lives in Rochester and ordered his copy in September has received his before I received mine.

How is it that a pre order copy through a fan club has yet to reach my hands? According to my tracking my record has just been sitting in Urbancrest Ohio since the 18th. WTF is that about? Is that this club's fault? Yes and no. To charge 8 dollars shipping and it be possibly the worst shipping company ever is a slap to our face. It's almost as if the 10c is saying shut up and take it.

Then to go through and see all the problems is worse. How does a band that makes millions of dollars allow a shit product to be released to their fans? We have heard nothing from the 10c which is the standard during times like this. Skipping, popping, warping, edges not being smooth and in some cases an extra sticker covering the last song. Who was in charge of QC? A blind, deaf mute or was there not a QC check on the vinyl.

I have major second thoughts about ordering anything from this club again. I'm also questioning my membership but that is not the issue. The issue is the lack of communication from the 10c, a sub par product being put out and a horrible method of shipping.

If I had a crystal ball I would have never of pre ordered this record from the 10c. I would have called my favorite record store in Athens and ordered it and had it shipped to me for less than 3 dollars. I also would have received it the next day.

In all honesty I never thought I would question my membership or the 10c. I hope this CharlieFoxtrot is addressed soon. I would also like to know if I am going to have to pay to have this shipped back because it is not to standard?

I'm sure this will get locked soon

I don't think this should be locked. I really hope 10c makes this right. My lb cd was one day late and i was pissed. Since binarual I ordered all studio albums through 10c and they always arrived early. I'm sorry this happened to you.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    I live in Australia, so I expect it to get here pretty late. But for you Seattlians, that sucks!

Also, I found the Digital Content an absolute joke! A video of Mind Your Manners??? I was expecting a longer version of that video of them in the studio. You know, a "making of" sort of thing! I don't really like 'Mind Your Manners'... :fp:

Play a BDO sideshow you pussies!!

:corn:
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,013
    Non smooth edges is an issue? That 10c needs to address?
  • Options
    Just got my LB today after it went to about three states around me. I actually have a scratch running through the vinyl
  • Options

This is silly. if you don't like it, don't buy vinyl. 180g has nothing to do with songs per side.
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I have yet to get the CD or vinyl...and I preordered the vinyl on July 11... It is what it is...I bought the album because I really wanted to hold the cd...as dumb as that may seem. So some of it is on me because I could have been patient.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Non smooth edges is an issue? That 10c needs to address?

It's about Quality.

For a band that loves vinyl and makes songs about it. You expect a great product. From what I have read people are saying that there are chunks of wax on the edges. Paying a total of 33 dollars you expect a flawless product. Not something that was just thrown together at the last minute.

Scratches in the vinyl is unacceptable. It shows a lack of QC on the pressers end.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Are they scuffs/marks or scratches? Scratches are unacceptable but rare with new records. Scuffs from fingers and sleeves are pretty common. Unless you are buying RTI or Paalas vinyl, you are most likely gonna deal with scuffs.

Pops and clicks are another issue. Same with non fill. That comes down to the quality of the pressing and plant.

Rough edges are just part of deal of how vinyl is made. It's a silly thing to note because it affects nothing and that's all I'm saying. I have yet to receive mine so I can't speak to the quality. But I buy enough records to know what's normal in 2013 and what's not. If there are serious issues, they need to be addressed. It sounds like maybe the vinyl mastering is pretty shitty if there are skips in the record.

But also, if they pressed a ton and didn't change the plates out, that can also explain nonfill, pops, and clicks, but its a modern issue with record pressing and something that people just need to deal with.

I have yet to see where these records were pressed. Has anyone posted the dead wax info?
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    moses562 wrote:
    I have yet to get the CD or vinyl...and I preordered the vinyl on July 11... It is what it is...I bought the album because I really wanted to hold the cd...as dumb as that may seem. So some of it is on me because I could have been patient.

I haven't received my cd or vinyl, either. I also ordered on July 11. I understand the vinyl thing, I guess, but to not receive the cd one week after it has been released is frustrating.
  • Options
    If you are unhappy with the lottery system, cancel your 10c auto-renewal. If you are disappointed in the delivery method used, buy the album somewhere else next time. As has been mentioned before, you can download the album.
    Dallas 9/92, 11/93, 7/98, 10/00, 6/03, 11/13
    Detroit 5/06
    Austin 10/09
    Kansas City 5/10
    Alpine Valley I & II 9/11
    Missoula 09/12
    OK City 11/13
    Tulsa 10/14
    Lincoln 10/14
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,390
    same song & dance as with the Vault #3 LP

1. started in Auburn, WA
    2. flew over my house in OR
    3. went to CA
    4. took a detour & stopped in AZ
    5. now it's just sitting in CA & has been since 10/17.
    6. will fly over my house again in OR
    7. next stop will probably be in Federal Way, WA (like it was for the Vault)
    8. eventually, it will arrive in Portland.

This is ridiculous. You want to know the kicker? Auburn & Federal Way are 7 MILES apart.

the estimated delivery date was today. At this point, I expect it to arrive either Fri/Saturday or Monday. And I can only hope that it's in decent shape.

There has to be a better way. A more efficient way. It's as simple as that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    in_the_mudin_the_mud Calgary AB Posts: 494
    pjsyco wrote:
    I haven't received my cd or vinyl, either. I also ordered on July 11. I understand the vinyl thing, I guess, but to not receive the cd one week after it has been released is frustrating.
    Yeah, same with me.
    Actually I got my vinyl today but really can't understand why some of us still didn't receive CD's.
    Warsaw 96/11/01 ; Katowice 00/06/15, Katowice 00/06/16 ; Chicago 03/06/18 ; Chicago 06/05/16 ; Chicago 06/05/17 ; Chicago 07/08/05 ; Boston 08/06/30 ; Philadelphia 09/10/27 ; New York 10/05/20 ; New York 10/05/21 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/03 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/04 ; Wrigley Field 13/07/19 ; Pittsburgh 13/10/11 ; St.Louis 14/10/03
  • Options
    pwilliam72 wrote:
    If you are unhappy with the lottery system, cancel your 10c auto-renewal. If you are disappointed in the delivery method used, buy the album somewhere else next time. As has been mentioned before, you can download the album.

Well gee next time I will consult my psychic to see if it will be CF when pre ordering an album.

Sorry I have a complaint about 10c on a issue that is totally in their hands. God forbid anyone has a legitimate complaint. I'm not complaining about not getting tickets to a show and how I feel entitled to tickets. I'm upset about the fact that this has been a CF and nobody is saying shit from the 10c.

Yeah I know I can download it I have that. But it's not the same as vinyl. I didn't pre order a digital download I pre ordered a vinyl record that has yet to make anywhere near me. Somehow my cousin get's two when he ordered one and I am still waiting on my one.

But you're right I should just shut up and take it. Because you can't be a fan of PJ if you have any complaints about the 10c right?
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    pjsyco wrote:
    moses562 wrote:

Don't complain to much or you might make people mad. Remember the 10c can do no wrong.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Are people saying that? Don't act so butthurt just because some thought you over reacted.
  • Options
    Are people saying that? Don't act so butthurt just because some thought you over reacted.

I'm in a mood tonight I admit it.

I know I will look tomorrow and think "man what an ass"

Between all the pain I am in and stress it's just been a fucktastic day.
    My butt itches!
This discussion has been closed.