Options

I am highly dissapointed with 10c

DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Normally I just roll with the punches around here lotto system for tickets, higher shipping rates, missing out on stuff because I don't come here everyday and so on. But this Lightning Bolt fiasco is inexcusable in my opinion.

I have yet to receive my copy of LB and I am annoyed by it. I pre ordered this record the first day you could way back in July. I thought I would have received my copy by now. Somehow my cousin who lives in Rochester and ordered his copy in September has received his before I received mine.

How is it that a pre order copy through a fan club has yet to reach my hands? According to my tracking my record has just been sitting in Urbancrest Ohio since the 18th. WTF is that about? Is that this club's fault? Yes and no. To charge 8 dollars shipping and it be possibly the worst shipping company ever is a slap to our face. It's almost as if the 10c is saying shut up and take it.

Then to go through and see all the problems is worse. How does a band that makes millions of dollars allow a shit product to be released to their fans? We have heard nothing from the 10c which is the standard during times like this. Skipping, popping, warping, edges not being smooth and in some cases an extra sticker covering the last song. Who was in charge of QC? A blind, deaf mute or was there not a QC check on the vinyl.

I have major second thoughts about ordering anything from this club again. I'm also questioning my membership but that is not the issue. The issue is the lack of communication from the 10c, a sub par product being put out and a horrible method of shipping.

If I had a crystal ball I would have never of pre ordered this record from the 10c. I would have called my favorite record store in Athens and ordered it and had it shipped to me for less than 3 dollars. I also would have received it the next day.

In all honesty I never thought I would question my membership or the 10c. I hope this CharlieFoxtrot is addressed soon. I would also like to know if I am going to have to pay to have this shipped back because it is not to standard?

I'm sure this will get locked soon
My butt itches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,921
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    I hear ya. However, we were able to download the album. And I know how much better vinyl sounds.
    Just received mine. Will spin it later. Hopefully, it sounds good. From all the stories being told I'm not too optimistic.
    Good luck when you eventually get yours.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options

That is a sweet shirt but the only thing they owe me and everyone else is a explanation and in a lot of cases an apology as well.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    I posted this in another thread but it applies here also..

Just for the record, its very likely that shipping prices will increase if they get rid of this system.

So please understand that asking for a different method is really asking for EVEN higher shipping rates.

What I want to know and think we all deserve an answer to is this - why does it cost 7.58 to ship a CD through the slowest possible method, when first class mail is 2.38 to send a cd or DVD within 3-5 days.

Why does it cost 7.58 to mail a cd inside the United States, but people in New Zealand ordered the cd and record and shipping was FOUR dollars? It costs me much more to mail a cd to New Zealand than it does to mail one to Seattle.

Lastly, we saw the video for the "new and improved" shipping service, yet the packaging has remained the same and speed has slowed down. Is this somehow being more "green" and or "energy efficient"? Because many of us have watched our packages be sent thousands of miles out of its way and it seems that the wasted and unnecessary travel miles are actually doing MORE damage by traveling many extra miles that's not required.

Can someone fill us in? It's crazy and shitty that the Halloween shirt I ordered this month has already arrived, but my lightning bolt lp that I got a shipping confirmation on the 8th still hasn't arrived. It's the 20th! And I paid $8 shipping.

The system is fucked but the communication is far worse. All we are asking is for some acknowledgement. We bring the problems to you and hand deliver them and STILL, no reason for the high shipping, no reason for the lb vinyl issues, no reason the items were pulled, nothing!

:nono: :nono: :nono:
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    smanchac1 wrote:

Just for the record, its very likely that shipping prices will increase if they get rid of this system.

So please understand that asking for a different method is really asking for EVEN higher shipping rates.

What I want to know and think we all deserve an answer to is this - why does it cost 7.58 to ship a CD through the slowest possible method, when first class mail is 2.38 to send a cd or DVD within 3-5 days.

Why does it cost 7.58 to mail a cd inside the United States, but people in New Zealand ordered the cd and record and shipping was FOUR dollars? It costs me much more to mail a cd to New Zealand than it does to mail one to Seattle.

Lastly, we saw the video for the "new and improved" shipping service, yet the packaging has remained the same and speed has slowed down. Is this somehow being more "green" and or "energy efficient"? Because many of us have watched our packages be sent thousands of miles out of its way and it seems that the wasted and unnecessary travel miles are actually doing MORE damage by traveling many extra miles that's not required.

Can someone fill us in? It's crazy and shitty that the Halloween shirt I ordered this month has already arrived, but my lightning bolt lp that I got a shipping confirmation on the 8th still hasn't arrived. It's the 20th! And I paid $8 shipping.

The system is fucked but the communication is far worse. All we are asking is for some acknowledgement. We bring the problems to you and hand deliver them and STILL, no reason for the high shipping, no reason for the lb vinyl issues, no reason the items were pulled, nothing!

I love the 10c...But, don't get me wrong...Sometimes, it just seems they don't care....The vinyl issue should have addressed...Plus paying more for s&h...You would think that you receive your item on time...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat, pre-ordered, still no vinyl.

Anger and disappointment are certainly warranted.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Yeah, I think you have the right to be irritated.
    I ordered the vinyl the day it was announced too, and still havent received it. Luckily at some point I realized that I would buy a CD at some point just for my collection, so I pre-ordered it and got it on release day. But I spent over $15 to avoid the mishap that I saw coming (vinyl being late)... scammed!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:

I saw that you posted this.

Like you said how do you get a tee shirt before your vinyl?

I like many people assumed (well we all know what happens when you assume) that we would have the vinyl on release date or at the worse by the end of the week. Here it is almost a week later and no vinyl and judging by the tracking info I won't have it in the next couple of days.

I have ordered records from sub pop and it's about 7 bucks for shipping but I have gotten every order from them in under five days. They have come in great packaging and one time they sent me the wrong record. I told them about it they told me to keep it and within ten minutes of contacting them I received a email of my record being sent out for shipping no extra charge. Now that is customer service.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Just throwing it out there that media mail with the USPS is around $4 for an LP. Plus it would probably arrive quicker than mail innovations. So 10C has options to keep shipping prices low and have it arrive on time.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    tour time = vacation time for the 10c.

sadly, this mess probably won't get sorted out until the break between the first and second leg when it's time to get back to work.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I think 10C should have e-mailed people who ordered the vinyl to let them know about the manufacturer delay in making these. I know Santos posted something about it, but people may have missed it or may not read the forum. 10C may not yet know what they are going to do about the bad pressing (new pressing or just offer refunds?), but I do think they should have addressed the issue by now.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    I kinda hear you.
    Ordered the CD and vinyl on the day it was announced and am still yet to recieve both.
    Couldn´t wait and purchased the CD one week ago on the day it was out at my local store instead. I don´t think I will pre-order from the TC next time.

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    I'm also very disappointed with 10C, I live in Brazil and I have not received my confirmation email from my cd.
    I imagine that neither has been sent.

Tried to buy in any store here in Brazil but will only start selling on October 31.

I'm sure i'll get this cd in 20 days or more... :( :(
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I agree 100% with OP, as you may have seen in some of my other posts regarding this issue - but on a positive note, we did get that super-awesome exclusive 10C digital content with our download file!

:roll:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    but on a positive note, we did get that super-awesome exclusive 10C digital content with our download file!

We all got duped on that one. Big perk for being a member for that....
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Lastly, we saw the video for the "new and improved" shipping service, yet the packaging has remained the same and speed has slowed down. Is this somehow being more "green" and or "energy efficient"? Because many of us have watched our packages be sent thousands of miles out of its way and it seems that the wasted and unnecessary travel miles are actually doing MORE damage by traveling many extra miles that's not required. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Anyone know where I could find that video to watch it again?
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Rozbr wrote:
    I'm also very disappointed with 10C, I live in Brazil and I have not received my confirmation email from my cd.

Tried to buy in any store here in Brazil but will only start selling on October 31.

They sent all the CDs out without an email confirmation. So that means that it is on its way to you. Hope that makes you feel a little better!
  • Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Rozbr wrote:

They sent all the CDs out without an email confirmation. So that means that it is on its way to you. Hope that makes you feel a little better!

I hope you're right, feeling much better ! :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    I agree. I'm not so bothered by the lateness of the album since I have the download and the CD (but it's far from ideal, obviously). But the fact that the 10C actually allowed this quality of product to leave their warehouse is almost distressing. It really does seem like Helen Keller was at the switch... not even, actually. I think Helen Keller would have done a better job just through the sense of touch.

I am also VERY disturbed about Mail Innovations, namely in that they are actually MUCH more harmful to the environment because they are sending all the packages around the fucking country and back again on trucks and planes while touting a service where the whole POINT is to be environmentally responsible. I think 10C should report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Finally, I am disappointed that 10C has not communicated with its members AT ALL about any of this. No excuses. I think it's disrespectful to the faithful, paying members. This isn't a big faceless corporation here. 10C should be communicating with us, and to not do so sends the message that they really don't give a shit about us, and simply view us as random customers who they don't actually care about. I expect MUCH more out of 10C.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    Nevermind; found the video. I giggled at Tim Bierman's line, "the 'where's my stuff?' emails have stopped." :lol:

http://www.mnn.com/money/sustainable-bu ... -includes#
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I agree. I'm not so bothered by the lateness of the album since I have the download and the CD (but it's far from ideal, obviously). But the fact that the 10C actually allowed this quality of product to leave their warehouse is almost distressing. It really does seem like Helen Keller was at the switch... not even, actually. I think Helen Keller would have done a better job just through the sense of touch.

I am also VERY disturbed about Mail Innovations, namely in that they are actually MUCH more harmful to the environment because they are sending all the packages around the fucking country and back again on trucks and planes while touting a service where the whole POINT is to be environmentally responsible. I think 10C should report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Finally, I am disappointed that 10C has not communicated with its members AT ALL about any of this. No excuses. I think it's disrespectful to the faithful, paying members. This isn't a big faceless corporation here. 10C should be communicating with us, and to not do so sends the message that they really don't give a shit about us, and simply view us as random customers who they don't actually care about. I expect MUCH more out of 10C.

Couldn't have said it any better PJ Soul. Right now with the 10c I am just feeling like a dollar sign and they know if I were to stop my membership there will be others to take my place. So who am I hurting? In the end I'm hurting me come concert time. I won't let my membership lapse but I am seriously considering letting it go down to digital.

Also yeah exclusive digital content. Yeah my ass. You know I was expecting an extra song for 10c members. Not a video that I can find on youtube.

Even if they have not found a solution a simple "We are aware of the problems with the Lightning Bolt vinyl and we are looking at all solutions for this problem" would be okay with me. At least acknowledge you know about it and are trying to fix it. Not saying anything makes us feel like they could give a rats ass about it.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better PJ Soul. Right now with the 10c I am just feeling like a dollar sign and they know if I were to stop my membership there will be others to take my place. So who am I hurting? In the end I'm hurting me come concert time. I won't let my membership lapse but I am seriously considering letting it go down to digital.

Also yeah exclusive digital content. Yeah my ass. You know I was expecting an extra song for 10c members. Not a video that I can find on youtube.

Even if they have not found a solution a simple "We are aware of the problems with the Lightning Bolt vinyl and we are looking at all solutions for this problem" would be okay with me. At least acknowledge you know about it and are trying to fix it. Not saying anything makes us feel like they could give a rats ass about it.
    I would also actually expect a sincere apology. There is no excuse for the vinyl being shipped out in this condition or charging people more for the cluster fuck that is Mail Innovations. None of this should have happened, and 10C allowed it to anyway because.... why?? I don't know. I guess they just forgot to give a shit about quality?? It even sounds like a perfect copy of the LB vinyl doesn't sound any good. A band who released STBC and LTRP is dropping the ball on ensuring that their vinyl sounds good. Wtf is THAT about???
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Just talked to my cousin through text. He got his last week and somehow got anther copy today. This is just getting weirder and weirder. Too bad he lives 6 hours away or I would snag his extra.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    I didn't realize there were still fans who ordered way back in July that have yet to receive their album. Absolutely no excuse for that. Hope it gets to you soon, DURP. Sorry to you and all the other fans who have had to experience this unacceptable fiasco. It will be worth the wait, the album is great.
  • Options
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    I didn't realize there were still fans who ordered way back in July that have yet to receive their album. Absolutely no excuse for that. Hope it gets to you soon, DURP. Sorry to you and all the other fans who have had to experience this unacceptable fiasco. It will be worth the wait, the album is great.

I know it is. I do have the digital download but it's not what I really want I want my sexy vinyl.

I seriously doubt I will ever pre order again from 10c if this is the standard.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Just checked my tracking AGAIN still no changes says it's just sitting in Urbancrest Ohio.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    I think a lot of people still don't have it.... I don't think anyone in Canada has received it yet, for example.... Anyone??
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    DURP wrote:
    PRL1JAM wrote:

I know it is. I do have the digital download but it's not what I really want I want my sexy vinyl.

I seriously doubt I will ever pre order again from 10c if this is the standard.
    I don't think it's the STANDARD... I don't think they've ever had issues like this; it's all new.... um, any new people working in the warehouse?? Might be time for a performance review!!

My trust in 10C doing anything well has definitely been shaken though, despite the fact that my Vault #3 arrived safe and sound.... a month late.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    but on a positive note, we did get that super-awesome exclusive 10C digital content with our download file!

What did you think it would be? I figured it would be some additional artwork or something. I think a live video was the best we were going to hope for. Certainly didn't expect an unreleased song.
  • Options

What did you think it would be? I figured it would be some additional artwork or something. I think a live video was the best we were going to hope for. Certainly didn't expect an unreleased song.
    I expected anything BUT a video for a song that already has a video. I think that bonus sucked.
This discussion has been closed.