Options

Updated: HUGE THANKS for a great PJ Wedding Reception!

kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
UPDATED:

WOW. :shock: This past weekend was an absolute blast! Where to even begin?

The wedding was Friday morning, and was small and intimate – just immediate family. Our event was photographed by the awesome Tanya, from Pearl Jam Fan Portraits. She and her sister did a fantastic job capturing our special day. Huge thanks to her!

After the ceremony and lunch with the fam, we headed off to pick up our tickets and wait in the GA line. We were fortunate to run into Heather and Derby Dave, who gave us some of the first congrats on getting married. Great seeing you both, we only wish we had more time to hang out!

It was only a little cold waiting for the doors to open. :shifty: :? Our RNDM masks were very handy, and helped us stay a bit warm, and the great conversation with the wonderful people around us helped us take our mind off the cold, too. It was great meeting so many awesome people, I only wish we remembered to get all your names. :fp: Regardless, it was great meeting people like Vinny and the London Lads and all the rest.

Once inside, we found ourselves in the second row behind some great people on Jeff’s side. Tons
of awesome people around us, too. Special shout-outs to the guy from Peru (sorry, forgot your name!) who let us sign his flag, and Matt (Snowboarder?) who hooked us up with one of the 45 vinyls Mike was handing out to the crowd. Very cool to meet you both, and all the folks around us!

Throughout the show, I kept raising the banner up between songs. Huge thanks for all the people behind us for tolerating that! After the first set, Eddie came out and chatted a bit with the crowd. He mentioned there were several things worth toasting about and then looked in my direction and said, “That guy just got married!”

Totally stunned. Ash and I have been saying we would love a shout-out or something, but we by no means expected one. During this whole tour, we were just hoping the guys would see our “Found Love” banner so we could let them know they played a role in us getting together. Anything else was just icing.

So I was grinning ear to ear, looking like a complete goof while still wearing my RNDM hat, and Eddie asks who I married. I raised my hand up and pointed it down at Ash, who was standing between me and Ed.

Now, as many of you may know, Ash is not exactly super tall. So from Ed’s perspective, I guess she was lost in the crowd and it looked like I was pointing at myself, because he asked, “You married yourself?!”

Shaking my head no, I tried again, although this time I think Ed thought I was pointing to a guy (perhaps the nice fellow from Peru). So, screw it. Ash needed some Eddie love, so I just picked her up and lifted her into the air to be seen.

“Oh, you married that lovely lady!” Ed said. And then, Ed being Ed, he added, “I think the other guy is cuter.”

Well, I can’t let that stand. So, in what Leeze described as a scene from a movie, I grabbed Ash, dipped her, and planted a big one right on the lips. Satisfied, I looked back at Ed, who smiled and said to Ash, “Oh, no! That’s the guy! Yeah, you got the right one. Sorry, yeah.”

As an afterthought, he noticed my RNDM hat and mentioned, “Hey, Jeff, he’s got a RNDM hat on, too. That’s random.”

It was superhot with that damn thing on for the whole show, but now I’m glad I was wearing it. From backstage, Jeff could be seen with a huge grin on his face, making me glad we could make him smile! :)

The rest of the night was a blur, and I’ll be honest – I don’t think we’ve come down yet. We hung out until 4 a.m. with our friends at a bar and then a diner – so glad you all could make it! Thank you Trisha, Leeze, Cav, Frank, Norm, DS, Zoso, CBG, Becky and Freddy – you all made the night so very special!

After about four hours of sleep, Ash and I woke up for the first time as husband and wife and headed to the Pop-Up Shoppe where, yet again, we stood in another line in the cold. Once again, we met some very cool people – Huge thanks to Robert, Jen, Nissa, and Shamir and countless others enduring the cold with us in line!

Special thanks to Shamir, who gave us a great 8x11 photo he took of Eddie. It’s going to look great in our framed and hung in our PJ basement!

Another huge thanks to the guys working the Pop-Up Shoppe, especially those who gave us a special congratulation when they found out we just got married. Everyone was super nice inside, and the whole experience was wonderful.

To all the random people who congratulated us before, during and after the show this weekend – thank you! We’re both totally blown away by the love and generosity this community has. We were visiting Seattle for the first time, but as Ash just told me, the way we were welcomed didn’t feel like the first like – it felt like coming home. That’s what this community is to us – Home.

After the weekend we just had, I almost hate to ask for more. But we have one small favor – if anyone has video of the banter playing out between us and Ed, we would love to have a copy. Any photos you have to share with us and the banner would be great too.

Thanks again to everyone! This is a weekend we will remember and be grateful to for the rest of our lives. :D

Original post:
A bit more than a year ago, I set out on a truly epic vacation - packing into a truck with three other people for a road trip to Montana to see Pearl Jam. I knew it would be a great trip, and it was, but for reasons I never could have guessed.

Through my PJ friends, I met a wonderful woman - AfroAnnnie. The good: We had so much in common, and not just tastes in music. The bad: She lived across the country.

But screw it - you only live once, right? So we spoke every night, flew to see one another on long weekends, and eventually I moved in with her. If you go that far, just go the whole way.

So we're getting married. And considering the band played a role in getting us together, they should play another role in making our union official.

After a small, family only ceremony in the Seattle area Dec. 6, we will go to Key Arena for our reception with 16,000 of our closest friends. We so excited, and so happy to be able to share this moment in our lives with this wonderful community.

Special thanks goes out to Unlost Dogs, I'm A Truck, RKCNDY, Nature Lover & 81, Mamasan23 & Rico. Without you all, we never would have gotten together.

And, obviously, thanks to this band we all love.

Throughout this tour, if you see a redhaired gal and a bearded bald guy with a banner with a red heart, thats us.

Here's to a great tour!
"Where's KW?"
"Let's check Idaho."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    :P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,156
    that is awesome!

congratulations to the both of you :D
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    What an awesome idea!! Congratulations, love, light and hugs to both of you!! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: This makes me so happy!

CONGRATULATIONS you guys!

We are more than happy to join your reception party!!! Live the dream, may you be happy forever! I know from first hand experience that PJ made bonds work out :D Much love!

See you in Seattle!!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Awesome!! Congrats!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY you guys!!! See you at your reception party!!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I am so happy for you both!

I remember twisting afro's arm to go to Missoula-glad I didn't have to twist hard.

Just remember: "right on tina, left at peggy, jenna is a slut"

Watch out, I just may be throwing 'pedals' at the happy couple at the reception. :P
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Awww! Congratulations!

Nice shirt.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    awesome!!congrats!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Great news. Congratulations and enjoy your reception. :P
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    What a beautiful love story.... Congrats to you both !!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    will there be an open bar??

:mrgreen:

congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Congratulations! :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Shouldn't Jon Tester get some of the credit as well? :P

Congrats!
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Congrats.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Let me guess, you are registering at the nearest merch table?

Congrats!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Congratulations to an awesome couple. It was great to meet y'all in Chicago, and I look forward to seeing you in Brooklyn this weekend.

Take care of each other.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    someone had to "go see about a girl" it seems!

congratulations ...
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Greatest way to kick off a honeymoon!!!

Congrats!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and well wishes. Music has always has such an impact on my life, but I would have never guessed it would have led me to my soulmate. It's truly amazing how many stories we've heard similar to ours..you guys were an inspiration to us especially when we were still living 700 miles apart. I'm so excited that we get to share this special day with all of you as our favorite band plays for us :D

And yes Kevin..we're registered at the merch table ;)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Mazel Tov guys... Glad I could be there when it started and you could honestly tell there was fireworks in the air...

Don't forget to thank Green Circle for the comedic pictures.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I just hope they don't play the "Chicken Dance" song
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Congratulations! :D:D

See you in Seattle!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    This is fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!!!

i love the packers. :|
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    What a nice story, congratulations to the both of you. I know a few couples who have come together from this band and they are fabulous people. Best wishes to a long life of music, happiness and love to you both!
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    OK kw does this mean I am completely out of the picture?

I feel so lost now.... :?

:lol::lol:

CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!!
    See you tonight!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! If one thing could tempt me to fly back out across the country it would be to join your wedding reception of 16,000 :mrgreen: You guys are so adorable :) You and your cat children will be very very happy together :mrgreen:

"What a different life had I not found this love with you" :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What a nice story, congratulations to the both of you. I know a few couples who have come together from this band and they are fabulous people. Best wishes to a long life of music, happiness and love to you both!
    :wave:

Cheers to the newly-and soon-to-be-married couples!
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    What an amazing story. Wow, very happy for you both.