Options

Updated: HUGE THANKS for a great PJ Wedding Reception!

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    In the fanview thread, it says
    17. Other Side
    (... “This next song is for the newlywed couple in the corner... ”).

I thought it might have been afro and kw :) You don't see from the banner that they are not married yet...
    No that was for a couple in the opposite corner on Stone's side, not the corner in McCreadyville.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    What did this banner say?? I can't find it... :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Poncier wrote:
    In the fanview thread, it says
    17. Other Side
    (... “This next song is for the newlywed couple in the corner... ”).

I thought it might have been afro and kw :) You don't see from the banner that they are not married yet...
    No that was for a couple in the opposite corner on Stone's side, not the corner in McCreadyville.

I see :D

PJ_Soul - kw posted it in this thread here!
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    Here's our banner!

10293658743_a6c279ea68_n.jpg
    Oh, here it is. :)
    Aw, you guys are so cute. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    kw18 wrote:
    Here's our banner!

10293658743_a6c279ea68_n.jpg

:clap::clap::clap:

how did i miss this thread!?

congrats you two!!! very happy for you both!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Thanks again everyone! :D we think Jeff saw it the first night when we were in the stands...he was staring in our direction for quite some time while we had it up..
    Last night we were really close so we hope they saw last night...sounds like from what Poncier said..Mike at least saw it:)
    They'll have to more chances to see it in the next 2 days:) and then again next Sunday!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    afroannnie wrote:
    Thanks again everyone! :D we think Jeff saw it the first night when we were in the stands...he was staring in our direction for quite some time while we had it up..
    Last night we were really close so we hope they saw last night...sounds like from what Poncier said..Mike at least saw it:)
    They'll have to more chances to see it in the next 2 days:) and then again next Sunday!

Just got back from the Brooklyn 1 show.

At the end of the show, Jeff was walking off the stage.

Jeff saw the banner.

Jeff pointed at the banner.

Jeff smiled at the banner.

I mouthed "thank you," and Jeff walked off stage.

GREAT F-ING SHOW. Can't wait to see what kind of show the boys put will put on for the reception. :D

HUGE thanks to the folks behind us at tonight's show for encouraging us to keep putting the banner up & waving it. It worked!

And, as always, thanks to PJ for a great show. Can't wait for night 2!! Afro, the banner & I will be in the back, but we'll still be rocking hard!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    kw18 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Jeff saw the banner.

GREAT F-ING SHOW. Can't wait to see what kind of show the boys put will put on for the reception. :D

HUGE thanks to the folks behind us at tonight's show for encouraging us to keep putting the banner up & waving it. It worked!

And, as always, thanks to PJ for a great show. Can't wait for night 2!! Afro, the banner & I will be in the back, but we'll still be rocking hard!

It was awesome to see you two rocking out together last night. I can't wait to do the same with my wife tonight.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Jeff saw the banner.

It was awesome to see you two rocking out together last night. I can't wait to do the same with my wife tonight.

It's time to rock out with our ... Wives out!!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Just found this thread, and just wanted to say congrats.
    Love is the greatest thing in the world, and I am happy for you both to have found it, especially here.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    Love is the greatest thing in the world, and I am happy for you both to have found it, especially here.

Thanks! We're both pretty happy. :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    kw18 wrote:

Thanks! We're both pretty happy. :D
    :thumbup:
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    Thanks to the people behind us last night for being cool and allowing us to hold up our banner during song breaks!! We were a little further up last night, but hopefully they we're still able to see it from the stage. Last night was ridiculous!! Amazing show!!
  • Options
    If anyone at Worcester 1 or 2 or Brooklyn 1 or 2 happens to have any photos of our banner at the show in the crowd, we'd love to get a copy! Shoot me a PM. Thanks! :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Our banner from Brooklyn Night 1, courtesy of PJ212 at viewtopic.php?p=5298517#p5298517

10365785574_051e16c93c_z.jpg
    IMG_0184

Thanks!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    Our banner from Brooklyn Night 1, courtesy of PJ212 at viewtopic.php?p=5298517#p5298517

IMG_0184

Thanks!

Nice!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    Congratulations!!! Very awesome! I can't help seeing our story in yours--we were brought together by this band as well- we quickly found we had much, much more in common then just our love for Pearl Jam.
    He moved up here to Chicago from Texas a few months after we met, and we will be married 3 weeks from today in a small civil ceremony with family- the shows in Vancouver/Seattle will be the start of our honeymoon trip :)

I wish you the very best in life together! Congratulations to you both!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:

IMG_0184

Thanks!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::clap::clap:
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! Very awesome! I can't help seeing our story in yours--we were brought together by this band as well- we quickly found we had much, much more in common then just our love for Pearl Jam.
    He moved up here to Chicago from Texas a few months after we met, and we will be married 3 weeks from today in a small civil ceremony with family- the shows in Vancouver/Seattle will be the start of our honeymoon trip :)

I wish you the very best in life together! Congratulations to you both!

Thank you & Congrats to you too! :D:D
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

IMG_0184

Thanks!

And I'm actually in the section next to you two. I'm the guy with my hands in the air like I just won a boxing match (probably applauding).

It was great to see you both, even if we didn't get a chance to hang out. Enjoy the rest of the tour.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:

And I'm actually in the section next to you two. I'm the guy with my hands in the air like I just won a boxing match (probably applauding).

It was great to see you both, even if we didn't get a chance to hang out. Enjoy the rest of the tour.

Nah, I prefer to believe you're the guy from the fight, and you won. :P
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

IMG_0184

Thanks!

Wish we would have gotten a chance to hang out!!
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

Well, an oblivious tourist stepped into my bike lane on the Brooklyn Bridge on Monday, sending me face first into the iron gate on the side of the bridge as I swerved to avoid hitting her. Between one fractured tooth, one loose tooth, a fat lip and a mangled right hand, I do look like I got into a fight. I would have to give the W to the bridge, though.

OUCH!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    dankind wrote:

Well, an oblivious tourist stepped into my bike lane on the Brooklyn Bridge on Monday, sending me face first into the iron gate on the side of the bridge as I swerved to avoid hitting her. Between one fractured tooth, one loose tooth, a fat lip and a mangled right hand, I do look like I got into a fight. I would have to give the W to the bridge, though.

OUCH!
    :o:o That's brutal! What did the lady say??
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dankind wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

OUCH!

She apologized profusely. She was a gorgeous French girl, which threw off my normal New Yorker righteous anger reflex. I ended up asking her if SHE was OK?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Meanwhile, native witnesses were giving her a hard time for me and asking me if they should call 911. I guess I looked pretty bad.

The really bad part is I'm still recovering from a very painful oral surgery procedure, and now I might have to do it all over again.

:fp: :fp: :fp:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dankind wrote:

OUCH!

She apologized profusely. She was a gorgeous French girl, which threw off my normal New Yorker righteous anger reflex. I ended up asking her if SHE was OK?

Meanwhile, native witnesses were giving her a hard time for me and asking me if they should call 911. I guess I looked pretty bad.

The really bad part is I'm still recovering from a very painful oral surgery procedure, and now I might have to do it all over again.

WOW. :shock: :shock:

That is ROUGH.

I hope you're feeling better now!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dankind wrote:

OUCH!

Damn! Glad you're at least kind of okay .... :lol: Sorry, but is there anything that a really pretty girl can't get away with?? :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Sorry, but is there anything that a really pretty girl can't get away with?? :roll: :lol:

Depends on how dumb the man is, In my case, really dumb.
    kw18 wrote:
    WOW. :shock: :shock:

That is ROUGH.

I hope you're feeling better now!

The vicodin helps. :wink:

Are you and afroannnie done till Seattle or are you heading to more shows before then?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    dankind wrote:

Pics of the French girl?
  • Options
    dankind wrote:

Pics of the French girl?

Here she is #freeboobing:

eiwzi5ckkg4kizce.jpg?djet1p5k

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I SAW PEARL JAM