Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Alligator! :corn:
    I agree that it's their best album. Only 2 weeks until I see them for the first time! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Alligator! :corn:
    I agree that it's their best album. Only 2 weeks until I see them for the first time! :)

Certainly my favorite from them.

have a good time. it's been 5 years too long for me.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^^ Nice reesedog on both your scores. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    What pressing is that White Blood Cells? I've never seen one that color red before.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    document_bundle_vol3_1.jpg
    Document reissue vol. 3.
    -Blind Willie McTell
    -Charley Patton
    -Mississippi Sheiks
  • Options
    Colored?
  • Options
    I'm in love with the Document reissues. For the foreseeable future, I'm buying every one.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Jim James

Regions of Light and Sound of God
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    Hobbes wrote:
    Document reissue vol. 3.
    -Blind Willie McTell
    -Charley Patton
    -Mississippi Sheiks

Love the fact third man is doing this. Just ordered the Mississippi Sheiks today.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Colored?
    No. Standard black.
    I'm in love with the Document reissues. For the foreseeable future, I'm buying every one.
    Yeah, I plan on getting the set.
    JzP wrote:
    Hobbes wrote:
    Document reissue vol. 3.
    -Blind Willie McTell
    -Charley Patton
    -Mississippi Sheiks

Love the fact third man is doing this. Just ordered the Mississippi Sheiks today.
    :D
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Jim James

Regions of Light and Sound of God

Love this one and it really sounds good, but there's a slight flub in the mixing on one of early tunes where it gets a little muddy.
  • Options
    Hobbes wrote:
    Colored?
    No. Standard black.

They sold the color variants in the Vault a couple of weeks back. I was able to get all three. They look good.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    reesdog wrote:
    Second-hand:
    28r2sgn.jpg
    Close to mint condition.
    Nice. American release or British?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    What pressing is that White Blood Cells? I've never seen one that color red before.
    Not too sure, Discogs says it's from 2001 but I brought it in a shop that only sells new vinyl, the serial number is XLLP 151.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    Second-hand:
    28r2sgn.jpg
    Close to mint condition.
    Nice. American release or British?
    Say's Australian or New Zealand on the back, nice copy from 1969, sounds great!
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    Not too sure, Discogs says it's from 2001 but I brought it in a shop that only sells new vinyl, the serial number is XLLP 151.

Hmmm. That's really odd. I have the XL pressing of WBC and the red is more transparent. Yours looks Opaque (though maybe it's the picture).

If its transplant red, then that's definitely the XL pressing and congrats on getting it new.
  • Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXAdBLt_fFn1zp3Wv7Cb7m487B0lti5WEicRv1vbEviuhYIjJoNDNfSVkA

Sealed. :D I totally love this album.
    Only one more to go and I'll have every studio album!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:clap: >KOOL!!!!!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Wow, congrats :thumbup: I'm officially jealous :D Still a couple more lacking in the PJ collection here ... We decided to put every penny into touring for now ... I hope you ripped it open and put it on the decks right away :D
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Wow, congrats :thumbup: I'm officially jealous :D Still a couple more lacking in the PJ collection here ... We decided to put every penny into touring for now ... I hope you ripped it open and put it on the decks right away :D
    Thanks! Yeah, it will be nice when I have them all so that I can stop feeling jealous of everyone who has them all. :lol: After I get Binaural I will be able to dedicate all of my jealousy to Benny Hall owners. :lol: But touring is a much nobler cause!! I am jealous of that! Damn you, job!

Haven't torn it open yet because it is coming from North Carolina... but it is pristine. Bought from 10c and immediately stored away. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, it will be nice when I have them all so that I can stop feeling jealous of everyone who has them all. :lol: After I get Binaural I will be able to dedicate all of my jealousy to Benny Hall owners. :lol: But touring is a much nobler cause!! I am jealous of that! Damn you, job!

Haven't torn it open yet because it is coming from North Carolina... but it is pristine. Bought from 10c and immediately stored away. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Awesome, I feel vicariously through you! You can do the same, cause we do have Binaural :lol: Enjoy the album!!!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    PJ_Soul wrote:

OMG-- total, TOTAL envy! :D :thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

OMG-- total, TOTAL envy! :D :thumbup:
    :thumbup: Yep, you've really kicked a goal there... :thumbup:
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    drive by truckers - alabama ass whuppin'
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Vs. On 180g vinyl arrived today and just ordered Songbook by Chris Cornell from ebay.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    Vs. On 180g vinyl arrived today and just ordered Songbook by Chris Cornell from ebay.
    Nice. :) Songbook sounds amazing!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Nice. :) Songbook sounds amazing!!

Really excited to hear songbook on vinyl. Got a list as long as my arm of vinyl I want and Songbook was top of it.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    The Breeders - Last Splash super deluxe

breeders-lsxx-vinyl.jpg?w=300&h=300
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^^ nice yarden. Jeez that albvum was one of the albums on frequent play in my uni days. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    morello wrote:
    ^^^ nice yarden. Jeez that albvum was one of the albums on frequent play in my uni days. :)

thanks.. yeah, it's a great album. my favorite of theirs.. :)