Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Every time I see someone bitching about not getting tix I think about how they are saying that whoever did get them don't deserve them.

:clap: Perfectly sums up what I've been trying to mentally articulate since joining these boards. Just because I don't have a high 10C number and haven't seen thirty+ shows, doesn't mean I haven't listened to PJ every day since I was eleven and been in awe of seeing them live, usually from a good distance. Spread the wealth!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    AF278063AF278063 Posts: 3
    If anyone happens to have got fanclub tickets to either Brooklyn or Dallas and now doesnt want them, please please please PM me.

Tks a thrill, Adam
  • Options
    macataemacatae Posts: 73
    I will be coming over from Scotland to hopefully see 4 shows, and luckily was notified today I was successful in my one attempt for Philadelphia 1, GA Standing. Not sure what options I have but I only need one ticket so I was hoping to trade for similar for either Brooklyn NY shows or Philadelphia 2 before the public sale and save the heart pounding that that will bring.
    I have no idea how this will work as I was just desperate to confirm at least one ticket.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Berlin 2010, Amsterdam1 Amsterdam 2, Berlin 1, Berlin2 2012
    Berlin 30/06/10, Amsterdam 26/06/12, Amsterdam 27/06/12, Berlin 4/07/12, Berlin 5/07/12 Brooklyn NYC 18/10/13, Brooklyn NYC 19/10/13, Philadelphia 21/10/13, Philadelphia 22/10/13, Amsterdam 16/06/14, Amsterdam 17/06/14, Vienna 25/06/14, Berlin 26/06/14, Amsterdam 12/06/18, Amsterdam 13/06/18, London 18/06/18, Prague 01/07/18, Berlin 05/07/18, Barcelona 10/07/18, Berlin 21/06/22, Zurich 23/06/22, Copenhagen 5/07/22, Budapest 12/07/22, Amsterdam 25/07/22
  • Options
    Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    Is there any news on who the opening band will be for the upcoming tour?
  • Options
    Will it be possible to buy GA tickets through Ticketmaster?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    No, it doesn't seem so. 10C-only pit. The only way to get GA now is to find a ticket buddy who has an extra.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    I am sick and tired of reading on here about SOME of these senior members who are selfish and complete baby's, will half you people grow up. I realize you've put in your time and have been listening to the band forever. But come on guys most of you's seen them from up close several times, if not more. I'm 25 I've seen pearl jam about 15 times and I haven't been able to get tickets closer than 20 rows up on the side, and four sections from the stage(stone's side). It would be nice for once to get closer but you guys don't hear all of us young guys and gals complain about where we sit or how we get snubbed for tickets every year. I am just as big of fans as the rest of the members, we should all just be grateful the band still puts out music and occasionally plays for 3+ hours at a show. Tickets are always limited and hard to get some people have better luck than others it's life !
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Here’s how I won the lottery:

1. I started by assuming best intentions: i.e., I assumed the 10C devised and planned the best system they could, given the resources and goals the band has for this tour.
    2. I read and followed the directions, prioritizing the two shows I could afford if I won. (no odds-playing crazy shit like I read on this forum for a week – just two straight reserved shots at two regional shows)
    3. I crossed my fingers and waited like a child who believes in Santa Claus.
    4. By some logarithm I will never and don’t care to understand, I won both shows I entered.
    5. I never win anything. I couldn't believe it. I continue to check my account to make sure it’s true.

I cannot predict what the final report will look like, but this lottery seemed very logical to a simple someone like me. I hope the 10C office doesn't over-analyze or second-guess itself for one minute. There are plenty of success stories not being told, by lifers who were not shut out. Newer paying members are more excited than ever. It’s a fantastic time to be a PJ fan with the album, the tour. I personally love the festivals more than anything; keep doing those. Thank you so much for providing a reason to travel and grow and love in your music for 20+ years.

And if I can help it, Charlottesville will not let you down!
  • Options
    I am sick and tired of reading on here about SOME of these senior members who are selfish and complete baby's, will half you people grow up. I realize you've put in your time and have been listening to the band forever. But come on guys most of you's seen them from up close several times, if not more. I'm 25 I've seen pearl jam about 15 times and I haven't been able to get tickets closer than 20 rows up on the side, and four sections from the stage(stone's side). It would be nice for once to get closer but you guys don't hear all of us young guys and gals complain about where we sit or how we get snubbed for tickets every year. I am just as big of fans as the rest of the members, we should all just be grateful the band still puts out music and occasionally plays for 3+ hours at a show. Tickets are always limited and hard to get some people have better luck than others it's life !
    I just hope that these particular senior members aren't also members who like to go on about how PJ fans are a cool group of people who look out for each other or whatever, because god knows they don't act like it. That PJ family stuff is an absolute sham as far as I can tell. Seems like half the members would be just as happy to punch another member in the face and stomp on their balls if it meant they got the rail.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    henrixghenrixg Mexico Posts: 12
    If someone have an extra ticket for LA I in GA, send me a PM
    2003: Mexico City 1, 2, 3
    2008: Mansfield 1 and 2
    2011: Mexico City
    2013: Los Angeles 1 and 2
    2015: Mexico City
    2018: Wrigley Field the Away shows 1 and 2
    2022: Los Angeles 1 and 2
  • Options
    Yield151 wrote:
    Is there any news on who the opening band will be for the upcoming tour?

I was wondering that myself... as far as i know, no opening band has been announced yet. I'd like to see The Gaslight Anthem open up for them on the east coast run, Eddie sang State of Love and Trust with them at Deluna Fest last year. And they are a great band.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options

it doesn't seem like it, but i know the wells fargo center, the venue they are playing in philly, usually will release a bunch of tickets last minute, i ended up with 2nd row seats to see The Who back in 08 because out that and the show was originally sold out
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    quote]
    I just hope that these particular senior members aren't also members who like to go on about how PJ fans are a cool group of people who look out for each other or whatever, because god knows they don't act like it. That PJ family stuff is an absolute sham as far as I can tell. Seems like half the members would be just as happy to punch another member in the face and stomp on their balls if it meant they got the rail.[/quote]

You obviously haven't been around a lot of ten clubbers then. They are the best fans out there. I'm not condoning everything people have said on these boards but you have to see it from their perspective as well. The 10 club has made it very clear that seniority matters and if you happen to forget to renew your membership in time they threaten to remove your old number and give you a new one at the back of the line. So people have obeyed this system for 15 - 20 years. Stood by the system and made sure they renewed on time. And in the past they have been rewarded with tickets to almost any show they wanted. Then all of a sudden, 20 years in, the 10 club decides to change the rules. I think most people were ok with a slight change. But then for the first US tour in years you have old die hards being completely shut out of tickets. Not just for one show, but for a half dozen. That is the problem. Its too drastic and clearly flawed that your most loyal fans are suddenly left in the cold. So now you have people who have 20 years invested in the club suddenly asking what the f happened and whether it makes sense to pay their dues anymore. The new system is geared to get at least one pair of tickets to as many members as possible. It is now very difficult to score tix to multiple shows. And that has always been the primary reason for the majority of 10 clubbers to be in the club. Yes its great that others are getting a chance at the pit - that's very cool - but you can't do it while giving goose eggs to your oldest, most loyal fans. Something has to be tweaked or changed with this new process. The anger is being misdirected at new fans.
  • Options
    Anyone have extras to Charlotte?? Closest place on the tour, lost out on GA, but if you have extras, PM me!

Thanks

AC
    AC
  • Options
    "PJ_Soul wrote:
    I just hope that these particular senior members aren't also members who like to go on about how PJ fans are a cool group of people who look out for each other or whatever, because god knows they don't act like it. That PJ family stuff is an absolute sham as far as I can tell. Seems like half the members would be just as happy to punch another member in the face and stomp on their balls if it meant they got the rail.

You obviously haven't been around a lot of ten clubbers then. They are the best fans out there. I'm not condoning everything people have said on these boards but you have to see it from their perspective as well. The 10 club has made it very clear that seniority matters and if you happen to forget to renew your membership in time they threaten to remove your old number and give you a new one at the back of the line. So people have obeyed this system for 15 - 20 years. Stood by the system and made sure they renewed on time. And in the past they have been rewarded with tickets to almost any show they wanted. Then all of a sudden, 20 years in, the 10 club decides to change the rules. I think most people were ok with a slight change. But then for the first US tour in years you have old die hards being completely shut out of tickets. Not just for one show, but for a half dozen. That is the problem. Its too drastic and clearly flawed that your most loyal fans are suddenly left in the cold. So now you have people who have 20 years invested in the club suddenly asking what the f happened and whether it makes sense to pay their dues anymore. The new system is geared to get at least one pair of tickets to as many members as possible. It is now very difficult to score tix to multiple shows. And that has always been the primary reason for the majority of 10 clubbers to be in the club. Yes its great that others are getting a chance at the pit - that's very cool - but you can't do it while giving goose eggs to your oldest, most loyal fans. Something has to be tweaked or changed with this new process. The anger is being misdirected at new fans.
    [/quote][/quote]
    I have met 10C members, and yeah, many are great... My point is that some people are being assholes. I'm not sure what "most loyal" is supposed to mean. Just because someone hasn't been around as long doesn't mean they aren't just as loyal.... not that such loyalty should matter anyway. Everyone is paying the same annual membership fee, and that is ALL that should matter. 20 years "invested" in the club? Old members got their returns as they went along. Every year is new. There is not a build up of investment in this scenario. It's not like it's work to be a member of a fan club. I don't understand why older members think they deserve any more than anyone else who pays the annual fee.
  • Options
    pearlwinepearlwine Posts: 4
    Tbow wrote:
    hey does anyone know the website http://www.ticketprocess.com they have pearl jam tickets on sale???? They are expensive and they have GA tickets not sure how?? or what the deal is with this website. Figured if anyone was interested who didn't win tickets to check it out I won a pair for the Boston show!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!! :D:D

Hello everyone!!! What about this page? The have tickets, too expensive, but this kind of web sites... are they real or fake?
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Every ten club member senior or not ive met have been really cool and down to earth. They all treat every one like family at wishlist events and are nice. Complaining about this stuff is a waste, we should all just help each other land the tix we need at a cheep price. My whole point is that everyone loves this band a tun lets just enjoy it and rock the fu*k out when we get struck by lightning !!
  • Options
    TbowTbow Posts: 57
    just feel the need get it off my chest... I feel bad after reading the forum :( I am a new member who won tickets. that does not make me less of a pearl jam fan than someone who has been a member sense 98. We all love pearl jam. some are mad some are grateful and extremely happy that they got tickets. I just felt the need I had to write something cause there is a lot of negative for the people who lost. I bet they have seen peal jam live many times and have also had good seats. Why is it people turn ugly when they don't get something they want???? I would have spent big money on stubhub to see them no matter what like I did in 2010 soooo im sorry to everyone who did not get a ticket but im also very excited for all the new members including myself who got a ticket!!!!! Congrats and its going to be AMAZING!! :D
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I have met 10C members, and yeah, many are great... My point is that some people are being assholes. I'm not sure what "most loyal" is supposed to mean. Just because someone hasn't been around as long doesn't mean they aren't just as loyal.... not that such loyalty should matter anyway. Everyone is paying the same annual membership fee, and that is ALL that should matter. 20 years "invested" in the club? Old members got their returns as they went along. Every year is new. There is not a build up of investment in this scenario. It's not like it's work to be a member of a fan club. I don't understand why older members think they deserve any more than anyone else who pays the annual fee.

Right or wrong, I think a lot of members treat being in the 10 club like being a season ticket holder to a sports team. You started membership in X year, maintained your status/paid your annual fees according to the rules which secured your spot/10C number in line, and you expect the benefits that come with seniority. This new system is almost like the Green Bay Packers just said to their fanbase - you know what, all you old folks with really good seats that have been in your family for 50 years? We're going to recycle them now by putting them in a lottery. Its time for new blood. If the 10 club never issued numbers and never used those numbers to indicate seniority, then yes it should be random every year. But that is not how the system has worked for the past 20 years. Older members have stayed invested in the 10 club with the understanding that their number is precious and translates to seniority because that is how the system has worked from the beginning. Without these old time members who stayed year in and year out you could argue that there wouldn't be a fanclub today. At least not one as strong as the 10 club. Those folks have been financing this club from the beginning with their dues. There is a happy medium in here somewhere.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Right or wrong, I think a lot of members treat being in the 10 club like being a season ticket holder to a sports team. You started membership in X year, maintained your status/paid your annual fees according to the rules which secured your spot/10C number in line, and you expect the benefits that come with seniority. This new system is almost like the Green Bay Packers just said to their fanbase - you know what, all you old folks with really good seats that have been in your family for 50 years? We're going to recycle them now by putting them in a lottery. Its time for new blood. If the 10 club never issued numbers and never used those numbers to indicate seniority, then yes it should be random every year. But that is not how the system has worked for the past 20 years. Older members have stayed invested in the 10 club with the understanding that their number is precious and translates to seniority because that is how the system has worked from the beginning. Without these old time members who stayed year in and year out you could argue that there wouldn't be a fanclub today. At least not one as strong as the 10 club. Those folks have been financing this club from the beginning with their dues. There is a happy medium in here somewhere.
    Yeah, and the fan club would be dead if new members didn't join too. And none will if they don't even get an equal shot at tix. Plus, I thought that happy medium was that they got the best seats if they get tix... just like it's always been. And of course the difference between 10C and seasons tix for a team is that they are paying $20 - $50 a year. What are Green Bay seasons tix? $10,000 a year? :lol: Anyway, it still doesn't make sense to me, because seniority NEVER had anything to do with whether or not you got tix. I can't understand why some are acting not only like that's what they expect, but like that's how it's always been done. Strange.
  • Options
    I completely understand some frustrations with the lottery. I was frustrated before the lottery when 10c announced the rules. Shouldn't club members have a better chance in their hometown than someone traveling? Can't there just be a one use only password per member for a general presale on ticketmaster? And as I agree with those things, I also figure the powers that be know what they're doing, are trying to be fair, and there are just tons of members out there now, so it's trickier.
    I also think loyalty with music is a hard thing to measure. Just because one pays their membership dues responsibly doesn't necessarily mean they're more loyal. More responsible and more flush? Probably, yeah. More loyal? I wouldn't say that.
    Lollapalooza 7/92, Berkeley 10/93, Mtn View 10/94, San Jose 11/95, Mtn View 10/96, Oakland 10/97, Inglewood 7/98, Mtn View 10/99, Mtn View 10/00, Mtn View 10/01, Mtn View 6/03, Mtn View 10/03, George 9/05, SF 7/06, Mtn View 10/06, LA 10/09, San Diego 10/09, Mtn View 10/10, Vancouver 9/11, Oakland 10/13, Mtn View 10/14, Seattle 8/18
  • Options
    GlodowskiGlodowski Posts: 10
    Can't wait for Wrigley! Gonna be an epic show. $5 says they make a DVD about that and the Ontario show
  • Options
    GlodowskiGlodowski Posts: 10
    Seems like a lot of the posts on here of fans getting shut out were in the north east. I put in for 2 shows and got GA for Dallas and reserved seating in Oklahoma City. Just wondering if those were 2 shows that alot people got denied. And I was shocked when the tour was announced that there was not ONE football stadium show. Seems like they could have played an epic show where the Seattle Seahawks play with 65,000 loyal fans instead of tiny Key Arena.
  • Options
    Miss TerriMiss Terri Bucksport, ME USA Posts: 24
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ~ with much love, Happiest Girl On the Planet <3
    Makes much more sense to live in the present tense....

Vedder-Boston 6/16/2011
    Pearl Jam~Worcester, MA 10/15/2013
    Pearl Jam~Fenway Park 8/07/2016
  • Options
    VERY excited and grateful to win GA Vancouver tix! Was hoping for Seattle too as it will mark 20 years since I went to an epic GA show there in 1993. But I'm sure if I'm meant to go to that show too I will find a way. I like the new system of spreading the love and giving everyone a chance to get great seats. I've been a PJ fan for over 20 years but haven't always been a Ten Club member so the seniority thing has always irked me a bit as it doesn't define how big a fan you are. Congrats to those who got tix!! And I hope to everyone who didn't win that you find a way to get in to the shows you desire! It will happen. :D
  • Options
    sam8thsam8th Posts: 32
    Wow. So several folks randomly got seats to multiple shows and several folks got none? I got none. I only put in for Seattle because I was afraid of getting picked for more than one and couldn't afford it. Now I wonder that I didn't make a mistake and should have put in for ALL shows. Just to maybe get one. Up until now, being a member meant getting 10C tickets, period. It was a perk of being a member. I've never seen this particular thing happen. For some folks to get multiple shows and some get none doesn't seem right. I merely wanted one nice show with my seniority seating. Was that really too much to ask? I only am a member for the tickets ... what will keep me being a member? Hope for them to go back to basics? Hmmm, I don't know.
  • Options

I have only been a member since the early 2000s, so I am by no means an "old" member. This cat (Whipping_Boy) has it right on. If I were a 20 year member and didn't get every show I submitted for, I would be angry too.
  • Options
    sam8th wrote:
    Wow. So several folks randomly got seats to multiple shows and several folks got none? I got none. I only put in for Seattle because I was afraid of getting picked for more than one and couldn't afford it. Now I wonder that I didn't make a mistake and should have put in for ALL shows. Just to maybe get one. Up until now, being a member meant getting 10C tickets, period. It was a perk of being a member. I've never seen this particular thing happen. For some folks to get multiple shows and some get none doesn't seem right. I merely wanted one nice show with my seniority seating. Was that really too much to ask? I only am a member for the tickets ... what will keep me being a member? Hope for them to go back to basics? Hmmm, I don't know.
    The only more fair solution i can think of is for people to only get one show maximum per tour. However, that would still leave a TON of people without tix, particularly those who can't travel. And Tix for locals wouldn't work. Too many ways to cheat the system and there would be locals who couldn't get those tix either in high density places, and then they'd be up shit creek, since no one who missed out locally could travel anywhere else because the locals have all the tix most venues.... So in the end, I think the current system is probably the best one. There are other ways to get tix. It's not like people are locked out of the show just because they didn't get 10c tix.
  • Options
    TACTAC NW Posts: 52
    Missed out on lottery :cry: I've always got tickmaster. Hope to see everyone in Seattle and PDX :D
  • Options
    TACTAC NW Posts: 52
    I've been a member since 1996. I'm not bitching about tickets. I've been fortunate over the years to get great seats. 1998 got front row center seats PDX, the gorge third row center. Lets remember a lot of people want to see their shows. I don't give a crap if I have to seat in the nose bleed section.

I didn't get tickets in the lottery. There is always ticketmaster. I hope to see everyone in Seattle and PDX.