2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    Wow price gouging.. I tried to grab one when they were on sale, ill give you what they cost a couple weeks ago plus shipping..
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    holy flipping batman!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    tinz. wrote:
    Wow price gouging.. I tried to grab one when they were on sale, ill give you what they cost a couple weeks ago plus shipping..

No you won't because that isn't the price I'm asking for. Don't like the price, ignore the thread and move along.

I'd like a Benny Hall LP for $35 but it just ain't happening.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    I believe the price is very close to what it was(?) plus I believe bouo79 had to pay customs for it?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    yes these were declared at full value so some were lucky others not.

mine didnt get caught but thats rare these days
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    ok please be gentle with me for asking this... but how do you know its signed when its sealed?
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:
    ok please be gentle with me for asking this... but how do you know its signed when its sealed?

they send an extra booklet that is signed outside of the package
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    pdalowsky wrote:
    belinda27 wrote:

they send an extra booklet that is signed outside of the package

great thanks :D
  • Options
    They were half that, but whatever good for you!! Unbelievable
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    :corn:
    tinz. wrote:
  • Options
    tinz. wrote:

Hmm $43 isn't half of $65. But whatever, I can choose whatever price I want. If people think that isn't the right price they won't buy.

Going to jump on anyone else's threads for selling over face value? Go have a look at RSD threads. You'll be there all day. Move along.

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I've dealt with boyo a few times. Always without problem. If you don't like the price, don't buy. Personally, I'm not one for scribbles on my covers unless I acquire them myself, which I don't try to do. :) But if I did, I'd probably be all over this. Good luck with your sale, man.
  • Options
    I've dealt with boyo a few times. Always without problem. If you don't like the price, don't buy. Personally, I'm not one for scribbles on my covers unless I acquire them myself, which I don't try to do. :) But if I did, I'd probably be all over this. Good luck with your sale, man.

yep Ians a stand up dude,

and if there was customs on this hes breaking even at best.

if there wasnt - hes making a minor profit.

Either way, its cheaper than ebay, and he's gonna make someone happy.

winner all day long
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    pdalowsky wrote:

winner all day long

Sorry but how is making a even "minor profit" helping out members? Not saying he is, not saying his isn't.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

winner all day long

Sorry but how is making a even "minor profit" helping out members? Not saying he is, not saying his isn't.

are you misreading something?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

winner all day long

Do you question the guys who buy a $35 poster and then sell it on here for $100? Or those who bought a Benny and then sell it at $1000? Are they helping members out?

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    boyo79 wrote:
    Do you question the guys who buy a $35 poster and then sell it on here for $100? Or those who bought a Benny and then sell it at $1000? Are they helping members out?

I think it's the timing, given that it was just released a couple weeks ago. If there's barely enough time for the ink to dry before you're trying to turn a profit, feathers will get ruffled. Not saying it's logical, but that's how these things seem to go.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    pdalowsky wrote:

winner all day long

It's OK... just use the ol' reasoning that someone always spews whenever there are complaints about Pearl Jam prices on tickets or goods...

"Hey, he's gotta put food on the table to feed his family!"

See? It's all good.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I think it's the timing, given that it was just released a couple weeks ago. If there's barely enough time for the ink to dry before you're trying to turn a profit, feathers will get ruffled. Not saying it's logical, but that's how these things seem to go.

I should have just stuck it on ebay and avoided the Lost Dogs police :roll: :roll: :roll:

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    boyo79 wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I should have just stuck it on ebay and avoided the Lost Dogs police :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's not police, just people reacting within a community. It's sorta like being the person who brings a six pack to the party and drinks twelve. You're not gonna be reported for theft or banished from a group of friends, but it feels like mooching and a couple people will give you grief for that.

And, yeah, if you wanna flip something relatively quickly while minimizing flack, eBay is definitely the route to take.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pjl44 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

this

i believe there is a 90 day no flip clause on lost dogs. as long as you wait 90 days, you generally don't get flak.

for the record...i really don't care either way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    pm sent
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    81 wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

this

i believe there is a 90 day no flip clause on lost dogs. as long as you wait 90 days, you generally don't get flak.

for the record...i really don't care either way.

I didn't know about the 90 days criteria. :lol: That's good to know, Kat should put that in the rules.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    If you don't like the price or thread don't reply. It's like the one dude telling me what price I had to sell him my EV for.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    I don't care if you're trying to make a profit. I am a Pearl Jam fan! Please don't go to eBay first - come here and ask whatever price you want for whatever item you're selling that is however old (released in 1998 - or 14 minutes ago) - I want first crack at it before the eBay'ers. I can't understand why we all wouldn't.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Shorty wrote:
    I don't care if you're trying to make a profit. I am a Pearl Jam fan! Please don't go to eBay first - come here and ask whatever price you want for whatever item you're selling that is however old (released in 1998 - or 14 minutes ago) - I want first crack at it before the eBay'ers. I can't understand why we all wouldn't.

heh heh... look at shorty being all logical and stuff

silly rabbitt
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Shorty wrote:

heh heh... look at shorty being all logical and stuff

silly rabbitt

HA! My wife hates The Logical Shorty (interestingly, that was also the title to my never-released debut album) - I assume some members will too. No issue - tough skin.

I think we have two choices - understanding that people are going to ask what they want when selling their personal property. 1-Have knowledge of the sale....or 2-Don't. Which would you prefer?
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    the reason people raise a red flag on things like this (right or wrong) is to protect other 10C members from potential over payment of an item.

I didn't realize that you had (supposedly) paid this amount for that. When I saw them advertised, it wasn't near that amount.

Either way, it's not to try to sabotage any person's sale, or because I "don't like the thread", it's to make sure no one is taken advantage of.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    listen it just ticks me off when i made multiple efforts to buy this when they had them for sale and they sold out to quickly, it upsets me when i see someone on here buy and now trying to profit from something like this so soon, if this was months, or years from now i would expect an increase in cost over time like i do with posters, a benny and other rare items.. i just dont expect this nonsense from fellow ten clubers.. ive dealt with many people on here and feel among those ive never done wrong but hey just my two cents and i apologize if this has caused problems
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016