Options

SOLD. Thread can be closed.

Comments

• Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    the guy paid what he paid for it. Plus shipping. PLUS CUSTOMS fees.

I have dealt with this guy several times in the past. I honestly dont see this as him flipping this at all. He is trying to get his money back for the item, shipping and the customs fees. Not sure why people can't understand this. Customs seems to be the real thief in this situation, if you ask me.

Hey, i tried to get this several times. Demetrios posted the sale, and then the resale of this at least two or three times on fb. I missed it. life goes on...

So he sells it to you at face, and takes a loss on international shipping and customs? That makes ZERO sense to me. People seem to get so butt hurt over the simple fact that they get shut out of something, they fail to think rationally about the big picture.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,069
    the guy paid what he paid for it. Plus shipping. PLUS CUSTOMS fees.

I have dealt with this guy several times in the past. I honestly dont see this as him flipping this at all. He is trying to get his money back for the item, shipping and the customs fees. Not sure why people can't understand this. Customs seems to be the real thief in this situation, if you ask me.

Hey, i tried to get this several times. Demetrios posted the sale, and then the resale of this at least two or three times on fb. I missed it. life goes on...

So he sells it to you at face, and takes a loss on international shipping and customs? That makes ZERO sense to me. People seem to get so butt hurt over the simple fact that they get shut out of something, they fail to think rationally about the big picture.

Except he hasn't said this anywhere. The only number he quoted as his cost was $43 and snarked about people expecting a Benny for $35. He can sell for whatever he pleases, but if you're around long enough you know what sort of situations are going to get people riled up.
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

Hmm $43 isn't half of $65. But whatever, I can choose whatever price I want. If people think that isn't the right price they won't buy.

Going to jump on anyone else's threads for selling over face value? Go have a look at RSD threads. You'll be there all day. Move along.

this sort of attitude is part of what pisses people off about this kind of thing.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    this was the edition that you had to buy in person at easy street on RSD? I'm dumb.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Except he hasn't said this anywhere. The only number he quoted as his cost was $43 and snarked about people expecting a Benny for $35. He can sell for whatever he pleases, but if you're around long enough you know what sort of situations are going to get people riled up.

OKAY? So people are upset that he snarked...

Boyo is from manchester, UK. whether he mentioned it or not, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to realize that he would pay inflated customs fees. However, as usual, i obviously gave people here too much credit...

two other people, from the uk mind you, pointed this out. Yet people seemed to ignore the posts...
    pdalowsky wrote:
    yes these were declared at full value so some were lucky others not.

mine didnt get caught but thats rare these days

he is from the UK, and was lucky not to get slammed
    i got hit with customs on this...so the price is about what i paid.

he is also from the UK, but he got hit

and before that...
    arq wrote:
    I believe the price is very close to what it was(?) plus I believe bouo79 had to pay customs for it?

funny how people hear what they wanna hear and see what they wanna see.
  • Options
    this was the edition that you had to buy in person at easy street on RSD? I'm dumb.

no, the ones at easy street were vinyl i believe. the signed booklets were sold through newbury comics in boston upon the cd release of the title
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Free bumps. :lol:
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options

Boyo is from manchester, UK. whether he mentioned it or not, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to realize that he would pay inflated customs fees. However, as usual, i obviously gave people here too much credit...

I agree with the rest of your post. But this? Come on, man. How does the knowledge of customs fees of a foreign nation show someone's intelligence or lack thereof? You do realize that 99.99999% of people on this website have never sent anything to the UK, right? How they fuck would they know that there are inflated customs fees there?

Experience and intelligence are completely different things.

All boyo had to answer with in the first place was "I had to pay inflated customs fees, hence the price". and that would have been that.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

no, the ones at easy street were vinyl i believe. the signed booklets were sold through newbury comics in boston upon the cd release of the title

Online? Not a smarty... Just wondering.
  • Options
    i guess just by reading any other post on here about people bitching about shipping on shirts, deluxe box sets, and ANYTHING else in the 10C Shop. Every thread that pops up someone is bitching about shipping prices so they'd rather buy from elsewhere, and i have seen several posts about custom fees.

I recall a thread i thought were Dimi had to let his local post office just keep a 7 inch single because the custom fees were so high. maybe it wasnt dimi in particular, and maybe ive got my facts about this particular one a bit skewed, but it is mentioned enough here. Its mentioned here a lot! i guess it really doesnt have to do with intelligence. but people get blinders on here when they feel they need to attack someone. i give people on here too much credit for acting rational about things. Unfortunately that is never the case.

And no, he didnt mention that but he did automatically go on the defensive when first reply said he was inflating the price. cant say that i blame him
  • Options
    I'd pay $65 for it. Mike is a legend in our time. Who wants my billboard for $90? Seriously?? Some folks need to stop trippin.
  • Options

Online? Not a smarty... Just wondering.

yeah, these were sold in the newbury comics website. they were up for preorder maybe once or twice a week or two before the cd release.
    I'd pay $65 for it. Mike is a legend in our time. Who wants my billboard for $90? Seriously?? Some folks need to stop trippin.

as would i...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

I recall a thread i thought were Dimi had to let his local post office just keep a 7 inch single because the custom fees were so high. maybe it wasnt dimi in particular, and maybe ive got my facts about this particular one a bit skewed, but it is mentioned enough here.
    hey,seems you remember well,you must be under 40 year old!!after 40 i forget everything!!
    Barger sent the lbc 7' as gift,byt he sent it with ups(thieves) and they dont fuck around...
    he unfortunetely wrote on the package for secure it i think 100$(i dont rememebr that well..lol)
    they asked me extra for receive it 200$ for custom,taxis,work papers,storage holding and the cost of the work of the guy will get this at customs and do the whole job..
    i refuse to accept it and then they ask 320$ from barger to sent it back to him...
    here if you sent something with ups, you are screwwd..with post office,most of the times you get away..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I recall a thread i thought were Dimi had to let his local post office just keep a 7 inch single because the custom fees were so high. maybe it wasnt dimi in particular, and maybe ive got my facts about this particular one a bit skewed, but it is mentioned enough here.
    hey,seems you remember well,you must be under 40 year old!!after 40 i forget everything!!
    Barger sent the lbc 7' as gift,byt he sent it with ups(thieves) and they dont fuck around...
    he unfortunetely wrote on the package for secure it i think 100$(i dont rememebr that well..lol)
    they asked me extra for receive it 200$ for custom,taxis,work papers,storage holding and the cost of the work of the guy will get this at customs and do the whole job..
    i refuse to accept it and then they ask 320$ from barger to sent it back to him...
    here if you sent something with ups, you are screwwd..with post office,most of the times you get away..

super stoked you got a copy!!(right?) wicked!
  • Options
    i guess just by reading any other post on here about people bitching about shipping on shirts, deluxe box sets, and ANYTHING else in the 10C Shop. Every thread that pops up someone is bitching about shipping prices so they'd rather buy from elsewhere, and i have seen several posts about custom fees.

I recall a thread i thought were Dimi had to let his local post office just keep a 7 inch single because the custom fees were so high. maybe it wasnt dimi in particular, and maybe ive got my facts about this particular one a bit skewed, but it is mentioned enough here. Its mentioned here a lot! i guess it really doesnt have to do with intelligence. but people get blinders on here when they feel they need to attack someone. i give people on here too much credit for acting rational about things. Unfortunately that is never the case.

And no, he didnt mention that but he did automatically go on the defensive when first reply said he was inflating the price. cant say that i blame him

well I'm here a lot and I don't recall ever hearing anything about standard inflated customs fees in the UK. look, like I said, all he had to do was answer like an adult and all of this would have been avoided. everyone on Lost Dogs has to answer those questions/accusations here and there. Not everyone reacts like he did, however.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

super stoked you got a copy!!(right?) wicked!
    you know whats the funny part??barger sent another,i bought 2 more face value but i sent them as gifts to friends..
    and now ,i ave it again,cos you sent me 2 for free... :lol:
    seems i try to get rid of them..but i cant .. :lol::lol: they ncome back to me somehow..
    thanks again buddy..
    as i said before,the best things in this forum happens in private..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    you know whats the funny part??barger sent another,i bought 2 more face value but i sent them as gifts to friends..
    and now ,i ave it again,cos you sent me 2 for free... :lol:
    seems i try to get rid of them..but i cant .. :lol::lol: they ncome back to me somehow..
    thanks again buddy..
    as i said before,the best things in this forum happens in private..

THIS is love
  • Options

damn. that is insane
  • Options

well I'm here a lot and I don't recall ever hearing anything about standard inflated customs fees in the UK. look, like I said, all he had to do was answer like an adult and all of this would have been avoided. everyone on Lost Dogs has to answer those questions/accusations here and there. Not everyone reacts like he did, however.

i really wasnt speaking about custom fees being so high in the uk only. i was speaking in terms of sending anything over to europe really. As mentioned, the dimi/ups debacle which i remember. There was also a thread back in january 2013 about custom fees on bootleg shipping (i think that one was even started by boyo, if not, he actively posted in it). I was speaking in general terms that to ship anything over to europe is more expensive to ship stuff to places like canada
  • Options

damn. that is insane
    yep,we both refuse it to receive it,and now its in a warehouse somewhere near the Athens airport,where custom has their offices..
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,069

Like you completely ignoring his post on the front page telling you exactly what he paid for it?
  • Options

i really wasnt speaking about custom fees being so high in the uk only. i was speaking in terms of sending anything over to europe really. As mentioned, the dimi/ups debacle which i remember. There was also a thread back in january 2013 about custom fees on bootleg shipping (i think that one was even started by boyo, if not, he actively posted in it). I was speaking in general terms that to ship anything over to europe is more expensive to ship stuff to places like canada

splitting hairs. it doesn't matter if you were talking about just the UK or Zimbabwe. the fact is you can't expect everyone, no matter how many times it's mentioned on the internet, to know this shit by default.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:

Like you completely ignoring his post on the front page telling you exactly what he paid for it?

not at all, but the two other guys who got theirs in the uk stated that with customs his price was in line.

just saying
  • Options

splitting hairs. it doesn't matter if you were talking about just the UK or Zimbabwe. the fact is you can't expect everyone, no matter how many times it's mentioned on the internet, to know this shit by default.

:thumbup:
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

I agree with the rest of your post. But this? Come on, man. How does the knowledge of customs fees of a foreign nation show someone's intelligence or lack thereof? You do realize that 99.99999% of people on this website have never sent anything to the UK, right? How they fuck would they know that there are inflated customs fees there?

Experience and intelligence are completely different things.

All boyo had to answer with in the first place was "I had to pay inflated customs fees, hence the price". and that would have been that.

I don't have to explain anything. It's the price I'm selling the cd for. End of. If you're not buying it, it has nothing to do with you. Don't like the price, exit the thread and look in another thread. It really is that simple.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    The over-reaction here is exactly why I'd rather sell on ebay than here. Less hassle and no people interfering with something that has nothing to do with them.

• Options
    boyo79 wrote:

Hmm $43 isn't half of $65. But whatever, I can choose whatever price I want. If people think that isn't the right price they won't buy.

Going to jump on anyone else's threads for selling over face value? Go have a look at RSD threads. You'll be there all day. Move along.

this sort of attitude is part of what pisses people off about this kind of thing.

My attitude? Sorry, can I not defend myself? What about your attitude? Remind me why you're in this thread when you're not interested in buying the cd.

• Options
    tinz. wrote:
    listen it just ticks me off when i made multiple efforts to buy this when they had them for sale and they sold out to quickly, it upsets me when i see someone on here buy and now trying to profit from something like this so soon, if this was months, or years from now i would expect an increase in cost over time like i do with posters, a benny and other rare items.. i just dont expect this nonsense from fellow ten clubers.. ive dealt with many people on here and feel among those ive never done wrong but hey just my two cents and i apologize if this has caused problems

So if I put this up for sale in 2 months time at the price I've quoted you wouldn't be pissed off? But your pissed because I'm selling an item I paid for a month ago? Wow.

• Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    boyo79 wrote:
    The over-reaction here is exactly why I'd rather sell on ebay than here. Less hassle and no people interfering with something that has nothing to do with them.

Ian,

Don't listen or get upset. Free bumps is what I say. Your thread has been at the top for over 24 hours. Who else can do that? If I ever sell something, I'm going to make sure I make 10 freaking dollars profit so the whiners will keep bumping it bc their mommys used to make sure they had everything they ever wanted.

Good luck (and bump ;) ).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    boyo79 wrote:

Ian,

Don't listen or get upset. Free bumps is what I say. Your thread has been at the top for over 24 hours. Who else can do that? If I ever sell something, I'm going to make sure I make 10 freaking dollars profit so the whiners will keep bumping it bc their mommys used to make sure they had everything they ever wanted.

Good luck (and bump ;) ).

:lol::lol:

The suggestion in this thread that people need looking out for to ensure they are not ripped off was a bit of a stretch too. Its like a nanny state big brother thing......$65 is not a rip off for this item. Its selling for more elsewhere and its on my opinion but Ian brought it here to give the community a chance before he sold it for 'market value'.

yes of course people get pissy about these things, and it seems it happens time and time again. I'd love to know what it achieves or if it makes them feel better about their day.

Best of luck in the sale dude, im pretty surprised its still available.

and dont forget next time simply state you are selling for a friend who's had some horrible news, or so they can pay a medical bill, and you'll be absolutely fine.