Options

Introducing RNDM

Comments

• Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I've been listening to Acts non-stop, it's so good!!! Really can't wait for the 27th! Seeing them at Easystreet Records and the Showbox show, It's going to be awesome! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    They've actually been working fairly hard on promotion. They were on Jimmy Fallon, they've eagerly been doing several radio spots/interviews back east, in-store promos, blogging (Joseph is trying to get it out there on Twitter and FB a LOT) ... I actually think they are putting in quite an effort, and that suggests they would indeed be disappointed in the turn out. That you think they haven't really been promoting may be a pretty good sign telling them they need to change their tactics... the best thing for them would be getting at least one song into heavy radio play, and that obviously hasn't happened.

That's very true on Kimmel and Twitter, but then you're probably like me where you're connected everywhere on the social sites and the net. I'm always surprised/annoyed at people who ask me where I get my info and I think um duh, it's everywhere! I forget though that not everyone is connected online, some people still rely on radio for discovering new music or whatever they do, I don't know. Whose to say really why every PJ fan in the vicinity didn't descend on these shows, but to tell you the truth it made it a little more special for me. You know what it is actually? I think this is the first time I went to something PJ related that wasn't stressful! I didn't have to f5 for tickets or any of the other hoopla that goes into seeing PJ which is totally fun don't get me wrong, but it's always an ordeal. This was just like going to a local show and the band ended up being really good...and the bassist just so happens to be in a band that you've followed for 20 years lol. So weird.

Touring out of the way places is also a great form of promotion, it's so old school. They're building great buzz, I'm way more inclined to love a new band who comes up to my city for a tour than a hit on the radio and a major city tour IMO.
    Kay, well I'd rather see PJ any day. :lol: I don't care about how hard it might be to find a ticket at all because it's so worth it. But I'm all for out of the way venues and stuff though... I simply wish their little venues were sold out. It's not that much to wish for. They're playing in places with only 350 person capacities. It's not like I'm wishing they'd play major venues. Just that they could sell 300 or 400 tickets a show. I am surprised they aren't managing it. You're right, I am way more plugged in that most people when it comes to music and Jeff Ament (Jimmy Fallon is massive, so that's a huge reach) ... but 300, 400 people? That isn't very many people even for a band like theirs, especially for the major cities they're playing in. There are 10s of 1000s of people at least as plugged in as me (manyvway way more so) in any larger city, and only so many shows to go to on a given night. I just hope the great venue they're playing in Vancouver is full! Might be even tougher though - Springsteen is playing that night. Oops!! That might have been slightly poor planning! And I wonder what the turn out will be like in Seattle? They're playing 2 nights there. Perhaps the west coast is catching on to them more... that happens all the time (or vice versa).

They are not playing two nights in Seattle, but they are playing Easystreet Records on the same day. I'm going to both and can't wait! :D As much as I hope for a big turnout (Since it would make the band happy) I wouldn't mind not so much people because then it feels even more intimate.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    DoubleCoronaDoubleCorona Posts: 65
    edited November 2012
    Jeanwah wrote:
    It's gluttony, and I'm disgusted that people actually bother the musicians to satisfy their gluttonous, selfish needs. 1 was't enough for you, huh? Disgusting. Like I said, the musicians are on to you guys, as I was seeing for myself last night.
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Let me guess, you're one of these gluttonous, people, no? You obviously feel the need to justify hoarding autographs and getting as much as one can off our idols?
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I feel this way particularly when I go to a show, and I can only wonder how the artists on stage feel. Why are people more focused on their mobile devices than the world? Why can't I go to a show and see the folks in the front few rows rocking out and getting lost in the music rather than texting or taking pictures? What happened to people that we are unable to tune in to what's in front of us rather than being lost in technology? And I do feel that it's also a generational thing.

I value this place as a chance for people to express their opinions but I have to admit that as I was surfing through this thread to see some pics and comments on how the shows were, some of the combative remarks, especially the comments above, were kind of a buzzkill. I think that Jeanwah's attacks on Ceska could have at least started with some private messaging or a separate thread. Sometimes I feel the same kind of resentment that Jeanwah seems to have, while other times I will occasionally get caught up in the same excitement that Ceska and many others have with adding some cool pieces to a personal collection. It's really just about perspective. I saw your comments posted in the other thread about taking/posting pics and video and it made me think of myself while at the show in Montreal. I took some pics and video, and I now realize that from the perspective of others, it could draw similar resentment since I was up front by the stage. I do agree that a big part of it is a generational thing, but not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Personally, the pics and video were for my brother who didn't have a passport and couldn't make it to the show, but I also usually take pics anyways since they can be fun to look back at.
    I just see a lot of negativity and polarization where some sentiments are pushed to extremes. I don't see any actions here having much of a negative impact on others besides these hostile remarks. It's not like anyone is buying up the entire merchandise supply to resell. It's not like anyone is driving their car through the front door of the show to have their car hood autographed. It's not like people are pressing record on their cameras and holding it over their eyes for an entire show. It's just that people have their own ways to enjoy this music or the music scene itself, and I wish people could just accept that.

I also now realize that I am probably not really contributing much to this thread other than prolonging a useless debate so here's a pic from Montreal to show the venue. Most of this lower floor was fairly full.
    GPrv5l.jpg
    Post edited by DoubleCorona on
    2012: Missoula MT, Orlando FL (Eddie Vedder), Jacksonville FL (Eddie Vedder), Montreal QC (RNDM)
    2013: Seattle WA (RNDM), Portland OR, Spokane WA, Seattle WA
    2016: Miami FL, Tampa FL, NYC, Boston MA
    2018: Boston MA
  • Options
    Saw the Montreal show and will be travelling to Seattle for the first time to see them at Easy Stree Records and Showbox! Can't wait!!
  • Options
    Saw the Montreal show and will be travelling to Seattle for the first time to see them at Easy Stree Records and Showbox! Can't wait!!

Awesome!! See you there! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

Awesome!! See you there! :mrgreen:

Always wanted to visit Seattle! When I saw the RNDM tour dates I decided that I needed a vacation! ;) Loved the Montreal show so really counting the days 'till the 27th. Do you think we need bracelets for the in-store or just showing up is good?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,655
    thefixer9 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That's very true on Kimmel and Twitter, but then you're probably like me where you're connected everywhere on the social sites and the net. I'm always surprised/annoyed at people who ask me where I get my info and I think um duh, it's everywhere! I forget though that not everyone is connected online, some people still rely on radio for discovering new music or whatever they do, I don't know. Whose to say really why every PJ fan in the vicinity didn't descend on these shows, but to tell you the truth it made it a little more special for me. You know what it is actually? I think this is the first time I went to something PJ related that wasn't stressful! I didn't have to f5 for tickets or any of the other hoopla that goes into seeing PJ which is totally fun don't get me wrong, but it's always an ordeal. This was just like going to a local show and the band ended up being really good...and the bassist just so happens to be in a band that you've followed for 20 years lol. So weird.

Touring out of the way places is also a great form of promotion, it's so old school. They're building great buzz, I'm way more inclined to love a new band who comes up to my city for a tour than a hit on the radio and a major city tour IMO.
    Kay, well I'd rather see PJ any day. :lol: I don't care about how hard it might be to find a ticket at all because it's so worth it. But I'm all for out of the way venues and stuff though... I simply wish their little venues were sold out. It's not that much to wish for. They're playing in places with only 350 person capacities. It's not like I'm wishing they'd play major venues. Just that they could sell 300 or 400 tickets a show. I am surprised they aren't managing it. You're right, I am way more plugged in that most people when it comes to music and Jeff Ament (Jimmy Fallon is massive, so that's a huge reach) ... but 300, 400 people? That isn't very many people even for a band like theirs, especially for the major cities they're playing in. There are 10s of 1000s of people at least as plugged in as me (manyvway way more so) in any larger city, and only so many shows to go to on a given night. I just hope the great venue they're playing in Vancouver is full! Might be even tougher though - Springsteen is playing that night. Oops!! That might have been slightly poor planning! And I wonder what the turn out will be like in Seattle? They're playing 2 nights there. Perhaps the west coast is catching on to them more... that happens all the time (or vice versa).

They are not playing two nights in Seattle, but they are playing Easystreet Records on the same day. I'm going to both and can't wait! :D As much as I hope for a big turnout (Since it would make the band happy) I wouldn't mind not so much people because then it feels even more intimate.
    Oh right... I'm getting my shows mixed up; I was thinking Soundgarden. :) I imagine the Easy Street performance will be well attended... hard to say with the night show. Perhaps Seattle will have a good showing. Hope so for the band's sake!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Joseph Arthur's tour blog. It is outrageously interesting!! :) And all the photos are outstanding.

http://josepharthur.tumblr.com/
    Now that Instagram has created web profiles for its users you can see more of Joseph's photography here:

http://instagram.com/joseph_arthur

http://instagram.com/rndmband
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Looks like there have been some lively debates in this thread... I have more run of the mill question (and sorry in advance if I missed a prior post about this) -- are the bonus live tracks with order of RNDM CD still available? I still see them listed on the site, but since past pre-order date I was just curious.

My local shop has the CD for less money, but those bonus tracks pull me in!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    The show tonight was terrific! I regret not having listened to anything by then except Modern Times leading up to the show. Richard is one hell of a drummer.
  • Options
    The show tonight was terrific! I regret not having listened to anything by then except Modern Times leading up to the show. Richard is one hell of a drummer.

I agree tonight's show was GREAT! Richard killed it on drums tonight!
    Joseph is also ridiculously talented!

Did you stick around outside after? Jeff came out maybe a half hour or so after the show.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959

I agree tonight's show was GREAT! Richard killed it on drums tonight!
    Joseph is also ridiculously talented!

Did you stick around outside after? Jeff came out maybe a half hour or so after the show.
    I was planning on it, but somehow ended up outside while en route to the washroom. Dangit.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Can't wait for the Chicago show tomorrow!! Acts is an awesome fun record, it's going to be a blast!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,911
    I'm ready for Thursday in Minneapolis.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Solid show last night in Toronto. Decent crowd, definitely not packed, but a better turn-out than when Joseph tours on his own. Kind of a lame reaction in-between the main set and the encore - wouldn't have really blamed them for not coming out - but the set was well received.

I concur with the many others who've singled out Richard - wow. What was that second-to-last song of the night? He was going NUTS.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,083
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Awesome! :thumbup: I've never met any of PJ, but Jeff is a guy i would like to have a chat with if i could! Did you check out Joseph's tour blog? I posted a link to it yesterday in this thread I believe. His photographs are really amazing!!

Thanks for sharing that link! Hadn't seen the page before. I can't believe they drove from Boston to NYC in that snowstorm. That was not a fun drive home from work that night!!

I too have been playing the CD non-stop and am totally digging The Disappearing Ones and New Tracks.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on the autograph debate. So many bands are doing these sessions after shows now. I think they realize that without record label promotion they need to do this kind of stuff regularly.
  • Options
    The Clash - Magnificent Seven
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijiazWlawUY
  • Options
    rockpants wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol: I actually noticed I spelled colour without the u just as I posted, and it bothered me, but I was too lazy to change it. And then I thought maybe I've been on this forum with too many Americans for too long or something. :lol:

I might end up going by myself too. Probably won't known for a while (there is only one person I'd like to go to this with, so if he doesn't join, I'm solo. I'll try and get him to say if he's going or not ASAP, because if he doesn't then you can have my extra ticket if you want. I'll let you know when I do. :)

Thanks! If it does work out (in my favour :P ) could you please let me know what the entire face value is? Just want to make sure I bring enough for that sweet, sweet, orangey merch, too.
    Going to get the Boss ticket on CL this weekend. Sigh. I hope I don't have to go through a broker/re-seller, but I just might have to. Teach me to pay attention to dates! Sheesh. On an upnote, I found out Weird Al is at the Red Robinson Show Theatre in April. Yay!

Wish I could watch the JF performance. I have a Firefox add-on that worked for me last night when I wanted to see Indecision, but it didn't work with the NBC site. Maybe I have to muck around a bit more. Thanks to all who are posting pictures!
    Hey! My friend is indeed coming, so sorry, no spare ticket (and sorry it took me so long to let you know) ... but it's not sold out or anything. :) See ya there!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Oh, no worries at all with regards to the time. I appreciate that you offered! I've got the Boss ticket up on the eBays ... *sigh*
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    These guy's are AWESOME!!! :D

yBomJ.jpg?1

Uploaded dozens of pics on my Facebook page just now from their Montreal & Toronto shows.
    Ah yeah!! 8-)
  • Options
    bowery presents jsut posted some official videos

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?annotat ... TBLj3bbTkU
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    vogonpoetbythelakevogonpoetbythelake Posts: 2,146
    edited November 2012
    RNDM ACTS OF KINDNESS
    IN THE CITY OF TORONTO THE GOOD
    tRAN- SENDING
    FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
    ONE KIND WALK THRU
    N.Y.C. ENOUGH TO....MAKE IT SAFE
    TO GO DEEP
    INTO THE HEART OF TORONTO
    MY HOME TOWN
    REVISITED HONEST TO CHRISITIE
    ROCKIN THE JUGHEAD HAT AS BORROWED FROM BRAZIL TO AFRICA
    THAT WAS LEFT BEHIND SO MANY YEARS, MOMENTS AGO
    FELT AND SMELT MY GODFATHER AT CLINTONS WITH MY...
    CRANBERRY HEARTED GIRL, RASHIDA
    WHAT WAS THE FEAR?
    TO COME CLEAR, OF THE POSSIBLITIES
    TO TOUCH
    TO MOVE
    TO INSPIRE
    BREATHE DEEP
    DONT LET GO, HANG ON
    THE RIDE IS ABOUT TO GET THERE FORM HERE
    THRU MOUNTAIN PASSES, AIRPORTS AND GLASSES
    TRAINS UNDERGROUND WITH MANY LASSIES
    SAHID SAID ENJOY YOUR TEA
    FORGET ABOUT THE MUSIC! ARRRGH!
    DISPAIRED COUNTENANCE!! THIS CANNOT BE!!
    SHE SAID SHE WAS 21
    AT 50 I DONT BELIEVE HER
    THINK SHE JUST WANTED TO BE LEGAL
    TOOK HER OFF THE STREET FOR THE NIGHT WITH A LIBRARY CARD
    NO TITLE FOR THE BOOK OF POSSIBLITIES
    HOPE SHE'LL FIND THE TIME TO VOLUNTEER HER PRECIOUS GIFTS AS YET UNWRAPPED
    THE OTHERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR
    THE SUN SHINES SO BRIGHTLY WHEN SHE SMILES
    LOST HER ON THE CORNER AT THE PITTS
    BASKET BALL GAME WAS ON
    THOUGHT THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE AT 4:00 AM
    CLEARING, CLEARING
    FEAR DISSIPPATING
    POPPING SOUNDS FROM THE BALLS NOT GUNS
    THE FEAR NEVER EVEN ENTERED MY MIND
    STROLLING
    NO TROLLS UNDER THE BRIDGE
    TRIP TRAP TROUT
    THIS STORIES TOLD OUT

P.S.
    ON TO OSSINGTON AND PIDGEONS AND SUCH
    THANK YOU SAHID
    I HOPE YOU FIND THE RNDM MUSIC OF YOUR SOUL AGAIN
    YOU SHARED IT WITH A MUTE GIRL AND A CUPPA TEA
    THE LOVAGE ROOT IS NOT AS BITTER AS YOU THINK
    THE SECOND TIME AROUND IS EVEN BETTER FOR YOUR TEETH!

P.P.S
    THE PICURE LEFT ON jOSEPHS BLOG CAPTURES MY TIME AS A YOUTH SPENT RNDMLY IN T.O.
    I STILL REMEMBER ON THIS REMEMBRANCE DAY
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR JOGGING MY MEMORY
    Post edited by vogonpoetbythelake on
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    ^ What he said...

Here's the set list from Sunday here in Toronto:
    proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2JjaWlzay5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=5LWimoLl9yWLz3DhYyTpFMPAp4_ljrTiqQZs6nOCfUs
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    Just won tix to the Milwaukee show woo-hoo! I've been loving the album, but gave up on going to the show a week ago. I'm going to stay as long as possible to try to meet Jeff, since others have shared similar stories here. Early today I got a Soundgarden ticket, now this!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    excited for the minneapolis show on thursday. i saw on youtube a cover of roky erickson's 'i think of demons', so i hope they play that one here! love roky!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    goldrush wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I guess 'Fire' is 'When The Fire Comes' from Jeff's record, and 'Can't Exist' is from 'Our Shadows Will Remain' but does anyone know what 'Demon' is? Is it a cover or a new track?

Is 'Can't Exist' the only Joseph song they're playing?
    AndySlash wrote:
    excited for the minneapolis show on thursday. i saw on youtube a cover of roky erickson's 'i think of demons', so i hope they play that one here! love roky!
    Thanks for solving that for me! :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    10club vinyl just received today in the mail.
    Sweet!! 8-)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    goldrush wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I guess 'Fire' is 'When The Fire Comes' from Jeff's record, and 'Can't Exist' is from 'Our Shadows Will Remain' but does anyone know what 'Demon' is? Is it a cover or a new track?

Is 'Can't Exist' the only Joseph song they're playing?
    AndySlash wrote:
    Thanks for solving that for me! :)

haha, glad to "help".

if you haven't listened to roky erickson and/or the 13th floor elevators, go check some out.

13th floor elevators:
    you're gonna miss me
    splash 1
    reverberation (doubt)

roky erickson:
    two headed dog
    night of the vampire
    stand for the fire demon
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    Yes, we were all really bothering them at the merchandise table where they were trying to sell stuff, like burglar masks,

whoa, they're selling these? i totally want one. how much they asking?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    AndySlash wrote:
    ceska wrote:
    Yes, we were all really bothering them at the merchandise table where they were trying to sell stuff, like burglar masks,

whoa, they're selling these? i totally want one. how much they asking?
    $35. Are they selling the orange ones yet though? Last I heard they were only selling the black ones with the orange trim instead of the other way around, and I think the orange ones are cooler.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on